PDA

View Full Version : Brimstone and Ghoststrike

Totallymad
03-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Me like others waiting for new skills to test them in PVP. So lets discuss their usability in this process. As for me i hope they wont disappoint us and become really good against players, not only mobs like binding. I will write my senses here when update will finally come to our place.

Totallymad
03-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Ok guys I tried both and i really dont recomend to put them on yet! Hit bad, always misses - both skills. Im waiting for devs to correct it cause if they dont I never gonna use it for pvp :/

P/s For now moon created topic in bugs section http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90841-Ghostrike&p=1017869#post1017869 lets see what devs respond

Vigiloner
03-22-2013, 04:28 AM
How does ghost strike miss?

Qingsanale1st
03-22-2013, 04:40 AM
me too, they promised a speed boost, but it doesn't work either! :(

Totallymad
03-22-2013, 05:21 AM
How does ghost strike miss?

If you kite away from opponent and turn your back on him it doesnt make any damage even if your opponent is close to you. You always have to be straight attacker to get it work. But be honest this low dmg like 170-190 HP (i test it with one hand dadao and full dmg (6) + full atk (4) passives + crystals to raise atk, so my DMG was above 140) makes this skill useless in pvp, even in pve imho.

Totallymad
03-22-2013, 05:22 AM
And also as Qin said no speed boost as was promised makes this skill completely useless for now.

p/s Stun effect works only if one enemy was hit otherwise it just didnt stun.

Lady_Pebbles
03-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Smh... I knew this would happen thats why I asked for free respecs lol. Same thing happened when they released Dark Binding.

Qingsanale1st
03-23-2013, 08:58 AM
fail. and y u no notice carapace? please.

uzidredar
03-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Smh... I knew this would happen thats why I asked for free respecs lol. Same thing happened when they released Dark Binding.

Free respecs should be mandatory when they want us to beta test new skills

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sirtibby
03-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Still using my old build and dodging lava like mad.

canislupis081376
03-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Still using my old build and dodging lava like mad.

dodging is nice...what if you get hit with a charged Fatal? Can't dodge then...lil charge Brim and Ta Da...roasted vamp. Available on a stick upon request.

Qingsanale1st
03-24-2013, 08:19 AM
dodging is nice...what if you get hit with a charged Fatal? Can't dodge then...lil charge Brim and Ta Da...roasted vamp. Available on a stick upon request.
teach us why we arent hitting with them then. why only some ppl works?

Vigiloner
03-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Cuz the brim maybe missing the aim. If both fb and brim hits consecutively charged. You are pretty much dead. Idk if its a glitch or its meant to be tht way. Ghost strike is yet questionable till now. Dont see much ways to capitalize on it as much as brim
Tho u can cancel out the fb brim combo by unholy blessing.

Sam_Arah
03-24-2013, 04:24 PM
The damage and effect on brimestone is there, you just have to be deadly accurate ... if not its a wasted spell. Ghost strike is ok, but marginally effective relative to what else is out there for you to choose from other skills.

It's a choice that STS allows the player to make ... if you don't like then put into passives.

I can see why they nerfed dark binding cause it WAS a automatic, 100% one hit kill for whoever got it off first. I can't see them changing brimestone or ghoststrike, as neither are over or underpowering. Brimestone is not an automatic killer like dark binding WAS ... as vigiloner mentioned, you can use unholy blessing; or as canislupis081376 mentioned, you can possibly out manouver it. Ghoststrike does do damage but it's range as advertised is limited, but what make up for it is the quick recharge time. The speed boast on it could be more, but shouldnt be faster than feeding frenzy or speed boast effect as that would then make it overpowering imo.

In the end, imo, STS has given us holistically several powers to choose from that allow us to ponder whether we want more skill points in passives or attack skills. The choice boils down to how you want to play; your skills points; your equiped gems; your weapon; and how you play on the battlefield.

sirtibby
03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Sam put it quite succinctly except for crediting the wrong person with talking about dodging it. :p

But yes I agree with what she said. I'm choosing to stick with my pre-update build as it works well for me. It's up to y'all to make your own decisions.

Qingsanale1st
04-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Ghoststrike, ie Harg'kyth's Infused Hammer anyone?

Btw Samarah, back then db could be cured by ub, and i think that killed just as fast as this brimstone combo...a reason to it being still around is because it requires a combo and now is fairly predictable whereas db only executes one skill to make a likely kill.

Sam_Arah
04-06-2013, 07:30 AM
^^^ agree