PDA

View Full Version : What Bear Debuffs Actually Do

Royce
10-03-2010, 06:28 PM
While testing some mage weapons with Gaabob, we decided to see what the bear debuffs actually do (spoiler: they both reduce armor).

Hellscream:
As in the description, maxed Hellscream reduced damage by 50, and Hit% by 25%.
Most people are aware it also stuns though it's not in the description. In testing it also reduced armor by 10.

Crushing Blow:
As in the description, maxed CB reduced damage by 50 and Dodge by 25%. In testing the skill also reduced armor by 29. This figure is unusual. It would be interesting to see if it is just the way 30 rounded in our case, or what. It would also be interesting to know how this effect of the skill scales with rank, and if affected at all by stat driving (I doubt it).

Arterra
10-03-2010, 06:29 PM
yay, awesome experimenting.

FluffNStuff
10-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I thought Hellscream has (or probably had) in it's description 50% chance of stun. Also, another interesting warrior skill Easter Egg is that becon can do up to 300 points of damage on early mobs when Rage is activated.

Arterra
10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
question: is hellscream stun effective on bosses? I do know you can use the no-movement slash to stop them from catching glass canons or kiting, but stuns do not seem to work on them.

Royce
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I thought Hellscream has (or probably had) in it's description 50% chance of stun. Also, another interesting warrior skill Easter Egg is that becon can do up to 300 points of damage on early mobs when Rage is activated.

Beckon says 50% chance of stun (though it always seems higher to me). I don't know if Hellscream ever did. I've also heard of Shattering Scream doing damage on low level mobs.

question: is hellscream stun effective on bosses? I do know you can use the no-movement slash to stop them from catching glass canons or kiting, but stuns do not seem to work on them.

I've always found stuns to be effective against bosses, though they seem to have a reduced effect duration. I haven't actually tested it out with every different bear stun (and hammers) though, and that would be interesting.

KingFu
10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Does stomp have a 100% chance of stun since it just says "knock back+stun?

Arterra
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Does stomp have a 100% chance of stun since it just says "knock back+stun?
seems to me to be pretty high once maxed out. though not 100%...

Gaabob
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Yea bear stomp seems to do stun around 3/4 of the time. It definitely isnt 100% tho

Ellyidol
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Royce curious on how you do these tests, I'm assuming pvp? One thing that went to mind with 29 armor debuff is maybe its a % debuff rather than a fixed amount, thus 29 on the person you tested it on. Could be wrong, just though of it.

Royce
10-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Royce curious on how you do these tests, I'm assuming pvp? One thing that went to mind with 29 armor debuff is maybe its a % debuff rather than a fixed amount, thus 29 on the person you tested it on. Could be wrong, just though of it.

The tests were done in PvP. A percentage debuff is another possible explanation, though it would be the only percentage debuff in the game afaik.

Elffy
10-04-2010, 02:05 AM
29 armour is quite strange which makes me believe it would be a percentage

Stratospaly
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I am new to PL, but 12 year vet to the MMORPG scene. I would like to seek confirmation that the debuffs are AE and not single target please? I must say soloing +3 level dungeons, though at low levels, is nearly impossible without these 2 debuffs up most of the time.

Royce
10-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I am new to PL, but 12 year vet to the MMORPG scene. I would like to seek confirmation that the debuffs are AE and not single target please? I must say soloing +3 level dungeons, though at low levels, is nearly impossible without these 2 debuffs up most of the time.

Hellscream is AOE, and Crushing Blow is single target. The game isn't really built for soloing, but it's quite possible in most campaigns with a warrior if you max your buffs (ironblood, evasion, rage, even taunt can help (for the dodge buff).

Stratospaly
10-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Hellscream is AOE, and Crushing Blow is single target. The game isn't really built for soloing, but it's quite possible in most campaigns with a warrior if you max your buffs (ironblood, evasion, rage, even taunt can help (for the dodge buff).

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Really enjoying the game, one of the few on Itunes that I have dropped $12+ into, $24+ if you count my wifes iphone too.

Arterra
10-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Really enjoying the game, one of the few on Itunes that I have dropped $12+ into, $24+ if you count my wifes iphone too.

and I bet it was worth it.
(to be relevant to topic) so any real results on boss stun effectiveness?

Volksy
10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
A little off topic but does the restore/heal skill a bear has truely clear all debuffs?

Someone once mentioned that casting restore will clear all debuffs casted at that moment.

TheLaw
10-07-2010, 01:06 AM
havent tried that either, I'll see if it works as I leveled my restore to Level 5.

CanonicalKoi
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Just used Hellscream and an Ursan Titanic Hammer against the gods and goddesses of AO1--both stun, both were a big help. And Royce, you're absolutely right--the effect seems to wear off of them much more quickly.

Xcelerator
10-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Just used Hellscream and an Ursan Titanic Hammer against the gods and goddesses of AO1--both stun, both were a big help. And Royce, you're absolutely right--the effect seems to wear off of them much more quickly.

Hellscream seems to be pretty effective against everything. Just learning how to use it