PDA

View Full Version : 2011 & 2013 big luck

Unxtoxic
03-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Logged into pocket legends for a little while to buy the big luck 2013 and I had seen the coins shooting out of it and I thought it was pretty cool. Then I went to grab my big luck I had from 2011 and I noticed that my 2011 big luck and 2013 big luck looked exactly the same. I pretty much upset because there wasn't much things that I could see to distinguishe the difference between both big lucks except for the name. If there are any difference that I missed please let me know. Thanks!

-Untoxic

Simplytommy
03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
The coin effect is what distinguishes the difference. Lol

tHelonestud
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
The 2011 one makes coins come out of your torso and the 2013 generates the coin from your head.

Suentous PO
03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
No , they all come out of the head now. My old ones now do what the new ones do, pop out the head.
I wrote about this in the post Sam has describing them in announcements.
Not sure if they ment to do this or not.

hemanbeast
03-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Does 2011 one give any armor? 2013 does not.

Bunnyshoota
03-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Does 2011 one give any armor? 2013 does not.

dat 1 armor
Gg

Griffinfan
03-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Logged into pocket legends for a little while to buy the big luck 2013 and I had seen the coins shooting out of it and I thought it was pretty cool. Then I went to grab my big luck I had from 2011 and I noticed that my 2011 big luck and 2013 big luck looked exactly the same. I pretty much upset because there wasn't much things that I could see to distinguishe the difference between both big lucks except for the name. If there are any difference that I missed please let me know. Thanks!

-Untoxic

This is all I can offer you,

A Dev confirmed that Big luck 2011 was 12% in reroll

During a recent unconfirmed independent test I conducted on the Big Luck 2013, My results were ~7% (1/100) View the test Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90165-Big-Luck-2013-Experiment)

Hope that helps

Deathofan
03-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Sam confirmed they have same luck percentage.
Also, Looting 100 times will not give you the % just by the number of times you rerolled, it's a random system.

NotYoCookiez
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Also, Looting 100 times will not give you the % just by the number of times you rerolled, it's a random system.

That's what I thought lol. You can't just run 100 times a place and confirm the re roll percentage.

Griffinfan
03-23-2013, 12:01 AM

note the "unconfirmed" in my post, but clearly you did not read it. Also if luck is "random" then why do we reroll all the time with a shamus.

Read Sams post again, He did not confirm but said he "thought" it was the same percentage.

That's what I thought lol. You can't just run 100 times a place and confirm the re roll percentage.

And what system is STS using when they say 12%? is that not out of 100? so ?
ktnxbai

Deathofan
03-23-2013, 12:50 AM
note the "unconfirmed" in my post, but clearly you did not read it. Also if luck is "random" then why do we reroll all the time with a shamus.

Read Sams post again, He did not confirm but said he "thought" it was the same percentage.

ktnxbai
Because shamus is a guaranteed reroll, no need to find any equation, it does what it says. While doing the 100-Loot test, you might find yourself with lucky reroll streaks as well a not getting a single one, that's what I meant by "random system".

Otahaibab
03-23-2013, 01:17 AM
2013 Big luck has the same reroll% as bigger luck this has been confirmed by mjostlin himself.
(Sent ticket and found out some nifty things)

McBain
03-23-2013, 01:43 AM
ktnxbai

It's a 12% chance. Think about rolling dice. With a six-sided die, for example, you have a 1-in-6 chance of rolling a 3. Translated to percentages, it's approximately 17% (with rounded up decimals). Nothing is guaranteed, though. There's a good chance that you could roll the dice six times and still not get that 3. The presence of chance in the equation always skews the results if you're dealing with a small sample size. The more times you roll the dice, the more your results will even out to that 17% average, but chance will still play a role.

Griffinfan
03-23-2013, 09:25 AM
It's a 12% chance. Think about rolling dice. With a six-sided die, for example, you have a 1-in-6 chance of rolling a 3. Translated to percentages, it's approximately 17% (with rounded up decimals). Nothing is guaranteed, though. There's a good chance that you could roll the dice six times and still not get that 3. The presence of chance in the equation always skews the results if you're dealing with a small sample size. The more times you roll the dice, the more your results will even out to that 17% average, but chance will still play a role.

then thats true, if thats the system they use to determine rerolls. If.

Reunegade
03-23-2013, 09:44 AM
It's all luck. Think of it this way:
Let's say that a bigger luck gives 30% chance of getting a re-roll (not saying that it does) as opposed to 10% chance of getting a re-roll from a big luck. The chances of getting a bigger luck is 3 out of 10, so out of 10 times you get a drop, 3 of them will get a re-roll. But since it is luck, none of them could get a re-roll. It's just the bigger luck has a higher chance of getting a re-roll than a big luck does.

McBain
03-23-2013, 02:13 PM
then thats true, if thats the system they use to determine rerolls. If.

That is the system. 12% reroll means that every time you get a drop, an imaginary 100-sided die gets rolled, and there are 12 sides it could land on to give you better loot. It's probably actually done with a random number generator, but it still works exactly the same way mathematically.

kcimythgim
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
It is also impossible to re roll if you already have the best item for an enemy. If mobs in a certain dungeon can only drop trash through purples and you get a purple, it is impossible to get a re roll because you already have the best rarity you can get for that enemy.

Griffinfan
03-23-2013, 07:44 PM
It is also impossible to re roll if you already have the best item for an enemy. If mobs in a certain dungeon can only drop trash through purples and you get a purple, it is impossible to get a re roll because you already have the best rarity you can get for that enemy.

Or if the item has not higher reroll, like some trash and oranges in FH