PDA

View Full Version : how about making vanities sellable in auction?

syrena
03-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi all.
Um...can the staffs of space time studios make our vanity sellable in auction?

Limsi
03-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Hi all.

If they introduce vanities as drops or quest items they probably would be tradeable thus available in auction. Right now, the platinum store is the only source of vanities.

Since there's a category for vanities in cs, we can assume that there would be in the future. Heads up!

KillaSkillz
03-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Limsyoker is correct, but i'd like to add it will be highly unlikely that vanities purchase from the store will ever be trade/sellable. They don't do that in thw,other games, only the,droppable vanites are.

Ryg
03-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Yeah, i have a mage vanity on one account...but i need it on the other account :apathy:

KOD_Tha_Legend
03-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Limsyoker is correct, but i'd like to add it will be highly unlikely that vanities purchase from the store will ever be trade/sellable. They don't do that in thw,other games, only the,droppable vanites are.

There are droppable vanities?

Hall of Fame lvl. 4,6,7,8,10

Limsi
03-23-2013, 09:14 AM
There are droppable vanities?

Hall of Fame lvl. 4,6,7,8,10

None as of now.

Energizeric
03-23-2013, 12:17 PM
If they were to make this change then very few people would actually spend plat on vanities. Why buy for plat what you can buy in the shop? And when you get tired of your old vanities you just sell them and someone else buys them instead of that person buying from the plat store. It results in lost revenue for sts.

KillaSkillz
03-23-2013, 06:53 PM
There are droppable vanities in other STS games and the auction has the category. There aren't any vanity drops in this game yet, but it seems likely there will be later on.

Jed
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes, I'm sure STS hardly gets enough revenue.

syrena
03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
:) thx guys :)))

Fyu
03-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi all.
#

:stupid:

JaytB
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I don't see why not. Opening chests for plat also give items that can be sold for gold, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the case with vanities.

Maybe make it so that only the ones that are discontinued are tradable? That would mean STS would have to step up their game with new vanities though, and actually discontinue the 'available for limited time' vanities.

Energizeric
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
There are droppable vanities in other STS games and the auction has the category. There aren't any vanity drops in this game yet, but it seems likely there will be later on.

Yes, there are the dragon sets in PL, and since they became somewhat common you almost never see anyone wearing the plat purchased vanities in PL, which was exactly my point.

KillaSkillz
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Maybe make it so that only the ones that are discontinued are tradable? That would mean STS would have to step up their game with new vanities though, and actually discontinue the 'available for limited time' vanities.

This makes sense. Seems like if they did something like that it would drive sales higher on the plat vanites if they allowed them to be sold after dicontinuing them from the store. Of course they wouldn't be able to bring them back for sale in the store later or all heck would break loose..

Itoshi
03-27-2013, 06:13 PM
stupid idea

Jed
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
stupid idea
And why do you think that?

JaytB
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
stupid idea

Stupid remark

Rollo
04-02-2013, 02:27 PM
If they were to make this change then very few people would actually spend plat on vanities. Why buy for plat what you can buy in the shop? And when you get tired of your old vanities you just sell them and someone else buys them instead of that person buying from the plat store. It results in lost revenue for sts.

By that logic, all the vanities would sell out, thus driving up the price in cs, leading to people spending plat to make easy gold.
I wish they would make vanities tradeable, id like to sell my old ones. It seems they had planned to, then scrapped the idea all together.

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
By that logic, all the vanities would sell out, thus driving up the price in cs, leading to people spending plat to make easy gold.
I wish they would make vanities tradeable, id like to sell my old ones. It seems they had planned to, then scrapped the idea all together.

I doubt they ever made the vanities from store tradeable, I think they were giving us a hint there WILL be sellable vanities, but from drops

Rollo
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I doubt they ever made the vanities from store tradeable, I think they were giving us a hint there WILL be sellable vanities, but from drops

I hope they don't make vanities droppable. Honestly, id rather see vanities and "some" pets in cash shop as opposed to gambling on gear.

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 02:51 PM
How would it involve gambling? ...

Rollo
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
How would it involve gambling? ...

I don't understand your question.

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I hope they don't make vanities droppable. Honestly, id rather see vanities and "some" pets in cash shop as opposed to gambling on gear.

^^^^

Rollo
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Ah, I mean I would rather they keep vanities in the cash shop, and the gear as drops in game, instead of the reverse. Anytime you spend plat, real money on a chance, you are gambling. I don't like that they have done that with the best gear and weapons and now with mythic/arcane pets. I wouldn't mind if it was just vanities, because those do not affect your stats.

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Where is the chance? You buy from shop, guarantee vanity, you get from a DROP and you're not gambling, no guarantee, but you're not using platinum.

Rollo
04-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Where is the chance? You buy from shop, guarantee vanity, you get from a DROP and you're not gambling, no guarantee, but you're not using platinum.

That's not what I said. I take it you don't understand my previous post, so ill try to sum up my opinion on the matter one more time. I don't want to see vanities as random drops. I want them to remain as cash shop exclusive. Just like I would like to see the best gear and pets "drop" exclusive, as opposed to gambling for it. This all ties back to why STS most likely wont allow vanities to be tradeable, because it would cut into their profit.

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 05:09 PM
What is this "cash shop" the shop in menu or the CS?

Rollo
04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
What is this "cash shop" the shop in menu or the CS?

Yeah, the one in the menu sorry. Ive played a lot of F2p mmos... lol. I think of the "store" as a cash shop, and the "cs" as auction house.

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Oh that clears it up