PDA

View Full Version : needs to be nerfed

Panic
03-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Hello gamers and hopefully devs
people are gettin unreasonably strong combo from charged fatal burst then charged brimstone. just that will kill anyone in dm/ctf. This needs to be fixed. if instant kills was your intention then ok but I doubt people will be having fun and it takes no skill as a player to kill anybody. please fix. and thank you for your time.

Your fellow gamer-panic, pvpanic, paain, darthpanic. seeya guys in game ^,^

Totallymad
03-26-2013, 02:18 AM
yes i absolutely agree with this statement! This combo can finish last levels bosses easy and in pvp its kinda 2 shot kill. This burning effect for 5 seconds after using this combo is a way too strong, and leave no chances. Please fix it cause pvp is not such fun anymore...

Qingsanale1st
03-26-2013, 02:23 AM
??? u sure?
how do i use? :D

moonway03
03-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Not a problem for me. When i face opponents like that i use the combo vermin>fb walk back so the brim will miss and go near ur opponent and finish it off with leap> slash slash slash

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Urqui
03-26-2013, 03:14 AM
This is all I see now. Back to the world wide web:onthego:

Totallymad
03-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Not a problem for me. When i face opponents like that i use the combo vermin>fb walk back so the brim will miss and go near ur opponent and finish it off with leap> slash slash slash

not working bro if opponent use this killer combo as it should be! Charged fatal atk then quick charge brim and atk. brim has a length of 12m same as fb, rats 10 if i remember. So yes u push a bit back but dont forget u receive hit from FB witch stuns you for some seconds but its enough to perform charged brim (2 seconds) on you. So u receive "burning as hell" effect and goodbye HP ((((( Its not so easy to perform this combo but if its succeed 95% u gonna end your life ;(

sirtibby
03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Agreed. It's much too OP. There are ways of nullifying that combo but even assuming you can dodge it sometimes or have the right skills (thereby forcing you to have a build for it) its a no-brainer combo with a very small chance of survival.

I'm really getting tired of running into no-name players I've never seen before spanking me in a heartbeat with that combo. At least with a stunlock you need to know what you're doing and the timing involved... With fb+brim it's something anyone can do with very little practice. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having skill in pvp. I honestly don't think the high blood cost of brim offsets its lethality enough.

Please play test your skills before introducing them, STS. Both new ones could use tweaking from what I've seen and heard.

kluu
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
bump.. brim definitely too strong.. with that combo you don't even have a chance to escape or counter.. maybe change the title of thread to garner some attention to it.

Totallymad
03-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Lets just hold this post on top so they can see it))))

kluu
03-28-2013, 05:11 AM
the cool down is too fast.. the skill is too strong.. it hits u from behind the wall.. the 12m range is too large.. has dps dmg.. so many things wrong with this skill

Vigiloner
03-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Hopefully things change

Lady_Pebbles
03-28-2013, 07:21 AM
LOL!!! Same issue we had with the other skill when it was first released. I knew of this combo, haven't PvPed much latey cuz I figured this was happening. Wish I was wrong though. Smh.

And ppl were complaining cuz right away I told them to give us free respecs when they announced they would be released with the new cap raise... Pfft! NOW WHAT?! Told ya..

XD lololol Hope they fix this soon cuz thats just messed up.

sirtibby
03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
the cool down is too fast.. the skill is too strong.. it hits u from behind the wall.. the 12m range is too large.. has dps dmg.. so many things wrong with this skill

Totally. With 1700+ hps and 210 something defense... I get hit with charged brim and see my hps fart away in the wind... Dead. WtH? Even at max range the DoT really flipping hurts, so much more than rats.
GS has 2m less range and hurts a lot less, but I would rather use that or my old build than resort to the equalivent of mashing "punch" like a noob in old school Street Fighter.

Addendum: pre-update, it was easier to run into a group of people and somehow fight your way out, killing one, two, three of them due to timing and manuevering... Now... Everyone has the same combo and if you come up against a group you are dead dead dead no questions. Is that what STS intended, to force uniformity upon everyone? Where are the diverse builds, the personal style and flair? Now it's... Cookie cutter stuff. You go into a game knowing that just about everyone is using the same thing. It's sad really. Personal style thrown out the window for this cheese.

I'm Siri
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Carapace. Any devs there?
You guys saw this. Atleast tell us this is intended or glitch that will be fix soon.
Please. Thanks

Skeokateva
03-28-2013, 10:37 AM
I think these "charged skill combos" could be much more tactical if the had effects were something other than damage over time. Other debilitating effects would still be highly useful with out having the major dps that instantly kills. Effects like: slow the enemy, damage to their armor/def, stuns similar to the harg hammer, etc.

Also ghosts strike needs to be more like the description, and the description should be specific, tell us the percentage of speed boosts, etc. "Ghost " in the name implies that u can at very least hit ppl behind u... Just my opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Samhayne
03-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the head's up. I can't speak to it being a glitch or intended, but we're aware of your input.

kluu
03-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the head's up. I can't speak to it being a glitch or intended, but we're aware of your input.

Thank you for acknowledging this thread. The experience of PVP has suffered for the worse. Elements that created diversity in game play in regards to creating space, tactical maneuvering to counter attacks, whether to use kiting or close range attacks to take on opponents have been lost. Before the update sure there were plenty of aura builds running around but due to the close range of it you were able to counter attack with proper spacing and timing of skills. Ghoststrike I haven't even tried yet and am reluctant to because I'm not going to spend plat on respec for anything unless things balance out and diversity of build options opens up.

There is also an official PVP feedback thread that I believe you, Samhayne, started a while back that has been inactive for a while. Can we start a new official PVP feedback thread or continue that one as a sticky so that any further issues with PVP can be directed to that thread? Reason being if its an "official" thread that we would at least know it WILL be looked at.

sirtibby
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm still not happy. Even the best players are using this combo. Which makes it even worse because they definitely know what they are doing and there is NO chance at all against them if you are like me and refusing to resort to cheap tricks like this combo. I'm being killed at max range before I can even do anything. All they have to do is that combo and back off - if you are on fire you are pretty much a goner. I'm sorry but the DoT aspect and the range are way OP.

Fix it.

Akaee
04-01-2013, 12:08 PM
The last thing that made dl fun was ctf, now thats gone too. Im tired running into walls of brim. Now most run in pairs blocking complete paths not giving any chance for a real fight....

kluu
04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
even seems to hit me when I'm not in the line of path such as behind or to the side. once your engulfed in flames your pretty much dead. unholy blessing does little to counter and even then you have to use it at JUST the right time otherwise it doesn't work

Lady_Pebbles
04-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah this is getting annoying, Im farming more now instead of PvPing cuz of it. *shrugs* Getting bored of farming too.

canislupis081376
04-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah this is getting annoying, Im farming more now instead of PvPing cuz of it. *shrugs* Getting bored of farming too.

Bored of farming? Madness....This is....FARMING. *boot* lol. sorry, had to. :)

I'm Siri
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Please fix it as soon b4 all the players lost interest in ctf. If really need longer time to fix it so. (I know all devs busy in AL). Please at least take it away or release it for next expansion.

Lady_Pebbles
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I had* pmed an admin and two devs about this (along* with other bugs since the cap raise)... Plus one of them posted on another thread saying they are aware of the issue. So perhaps they're still working on them. We'll see...

moonway03
04-03-2013, 03:01 AM

Tnx for the reply! But please dont nerf it like the way you nerf dark binding. The fact that dark binding's dmg doesnt even put your opponents hp to half in pvp.

sirtibby
04-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Tnx for the reply! But please dont nerf it like the way you nerf dark binding. The fact that dark binding's dmg doesnt even put your opponents hp to half in pvp.

Wait, what? You want db to root (its main purpose) AND do 800+ damage? Madness!

Vigiloner
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Even bless cant counter the whole brim n leap build if ever rats and brim didnt hit u at the same time. Success rate on killing one combo user without u dying is almost an illusion unless u have both binding and bless which is awkward to play at a good form in pvp.
This combo turned ctf into a deathmatch.

Vigiloner
04-03-2013, 11:28 AM
To be brutally honest I myself had to use this combo just so I can play along with everyone else. It already deprives many players on build options and I dont enjoy using it despite tht I kill others easily.

Akaee
04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
And still no reaction if action is taken on this......i now have one char with my favorite build which at times sucks tanks to this op skill and one with brim and i hate it. Its soooo boring to ctf like this.

Larissa
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
this brim is a joke! its killing way to easy and dont need to be skilled to kill anymore,.,,.,.,.,

Itisi
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Muahaha...I believe it makes it more fun and challenging to try and kill brim users. ^~^ tis my job.
However I don't think brim users should get bragging rights for getting kills. ;) They rack up more kills in a 15 minute game than fire users did when it first came out! I'm frustrated with people who think they are AMAZING at PvP because they can 2 shot well known PvP'ers.
Still..I resent the mainstream and embrace individuality..so I'll keep to my build and try to hop around the lava! That my friends, earns bragging rights, killing brim users without brim. Hehe. ^^

~Itisi

razerfingers
04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Wow, just use the damn combo and stop crying ty. Bye.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Itisi
04-05-2013, 11:39 AM
There's some people who don't want to use the combo. ^.^ and I wouldn't call it crying, I call it asking for a skill to be nerfed. :D

sirtibby
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM

This rests the case for nerfing, I think.

razerfingers
04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
There's some people who don't want to use the combo. ^.^ and I wouldn't call it crying, I call it asking for a skill to be nerfed. :D
If somethings broke. Dont fix it :D

This rests the case for nerfing, I think.

Gf

Itisi
04-05-2013, 01:20 PM
If your phones broken and you can't play DL should you not fix it? :( or if your legs are broken do you leave them?

Akaee
04-05-2013, 01:31 PM

We want diversity in usable skills, not a lava fest. Diversity makes pvp fun the current pvp is boring as hell this way.

razerfingers
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
If your phones broken and you can't play DL should you not fix it? :( or if your legs are broken do you leave them?
I dont pvp in dl so i could careless jo offense. I just ally farm and if my legs broke they wont be fully fixed ever.

We want diversity in usable skills, not a lava fest. Diversity makes pvp fun the current pvp is boring as hell this way.
Yeah, but we all wanna win too.

Akaee
04-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah, but we all wanna win too.

For me not at the cost of the fun and diversity a game should have. I rather die laughing than being bored.

razerfingers
04-05-2013, 03:20 PM
For me not at the cost of the fun and diversity a game should have. I rather die laughing than being bored.

So then this thread doesnt apply to you :)

Qingsanale1st
04-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Well they could cut down the DPS to a third, meaning it will be very close to just like Vermin Swarm... BUT be uncurable like damage from the opponent's Fire Aura, like a variant OF Fire Aura, Not UBER FIRE, lol.

moonway03
04-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Wait, what? You want db to root (its main purpose) AND do 800+ damage? Madness!

Im saying that db needs a "LITTLE" bump not literally makes ur hp to half lol

I'm Siri
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM

Hi Sam, I can telling u now that this fb+brim is confirmed double confirmed glitch. Simple math fb + brim base Dmg said 400+ . Ok let make it 800 if critical hit Shouldn't kill my toon with 1800 health.
Now let us know will it be fix?
No? I have no choice but to follow the trend to respec to this idiot proof combo( yah. I'm real damn tired of being killed by this fbb.)
Yes? Can we know roughly when? Any difficulty to fix this bugs? At least give us a head up so we don't need to waste our hard earn plats just to respec our skills build because of this glitch.
Thanks again for the reply. Sam

Lady_Pebbles
04-06-2013, 12:07 AM
This is ridiculous... So many bugs that came along with these couple of updates and they're not fixed yet. I get the sense that they're focused more of AL's new expansion & cap update (thats coming up at the end of the month) than on anything on DL or even SL.

Akaee
04-06-2013, 01:55 AM
So then this thread doesnt apply to you :)

So it does a lot since this bug makes pvp no fun at all it ruins it.

razerfingers
04-07-2013, 05:06 PM
So it does a lot since this bug makes pvp no fun at all it ruins it.

This op boe in low level twinking and endgame pvp wow sucks cause i get owned. I broke down and bought wlite bow and bought forgotten bows for twinks. "If you can't beat them, join them" ;)

Panic
04-07-2013, 07:18 PM
This op boe in low level twinking and endgame pvp wow sucks cause i get owned. I broke down and bought wlite bow and bought forgotten bows for twinks. "If you can't beat them, join them" ;)

joining them would only perpetuate this disaster that has happened to pvp. I can kill a brim user fine without using it myself. But that is besides the point that there is no diversity anymore. ctf has taken a turn for the worst with this problem, accidental or not this is a huge fail for dl and needs to be fixed... it takes no skill to run up to you and fatal burst then brim. I don't know how this can be debatable...epic fail sts.nuff said. please fix as soon as possible.

razerfingers
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
joining them would only perpetuate this disaster that has happened to pvp. I can kill a brim user fine without using it myself. But that is besides the point that there is no diversity anymore. ctf has taken a turn for the worst with this problem, accidental or not this is a huge fail for dl and needs to be fixed... it takes no skill to run up to you and fatal burst then brim. I don't know how this can be debatable...epic fail sts.nuff said. please fix as soon as possible.

Welcome to pl endgame no offense xP

Lady_Pebbles
04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I agree with Panic.

@razor: This is DL not PL so with that statement alone it should be fixed lol.

razerfingers
04-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I agree with Panic.

@razor: This is DL not PL so with that statement alone it should be fixed lol.

My bad, but was refering to how they're complaining its unballanced. Lol.