PDA

View Full Version : PvP Kills & Flags Achievements

Energizeric
03-23-2013, 09:46 PM
This week I had most of the week off from work, so rather than having a life (LOL) I spent about 8 hours per day (or around that) playing AL. My main goal was PvP achievements for both kills and flags. So over the course of this time (maybe 40 hours? something like that) I increased my kill total by about 900, while only dying around 650 times. So I now have a record of 3500-2650 -- not so bad I think. I also managed to get around 100 flags in that time and now have around 650 flags.

My question is this: how is it that some players have 10k+ kills and 5k+ flags? Are they just farming them? Judging by my record I'm not a bad PvP player as I have a positive K/D ratio. Maybe if I was perfect then instead of having 900 kills and 650 deaths this week I would have 1550 kills with no deaths. But that is still only at best 40 kills per hour. You just can't get more as it takes time to walk out of the spawn room, engage in a fight, and there are other players on the team who get kills sometimes -- even when you dish out a lot of damage sometimes you don't get a kill as someone else on your team gets it. At 40 kills per hour it would take 250 hours to get 10k kills. That means if someone plays for 5 hours every day it would take them 2 months. PvP has only been out for 2 months, and I see some players with far more kills than 10k even. How is this possible? Are they just farming them with alts and multiple devices?

And flags I don't understand either. At best I can get a few per hour. How is it possible to have many thousands? The shortest complete games (when someone scores 5 goals) take like 20-30 minutes. That means if you get every single flag for your team and nobody else ever gets a goal, you're still looking at like 10 an hour at best. So again we are talking players with 5000+ goals, meaning 500+ hours of playing PvP and making sure to get every single goal every single game? Doesn't seem possible.

Any thoughts?

D-:
03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Some people focus on nothing but flags, like myself, I have no desire for PvP kills, which is why my flag scores exceeds my Kills by about 300%.

Some people, on the other hand, go for nothing but kills, which is why you'll see some people have very little flags and a butt load of kills.

What you explained "some have a lot of kills + flags" is very simple if you think about it. They will get to the point where they go for nothing but kills, when they think they have enough, they will go for nothing but flags, some people actually vary.
A few of my friends do 1 day kills, 1 day flags, to even it out. I'm a flag guy though.

Hope this helped.

Popamollyswtn
03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Well at low levels I know that kill farming is a big thing. As well as the dumbest things ever: player truces. So that a player can go in a match and run flags the entire time and half the other team wont kill them because they are "friends". Im not sure how it is in end game. I know that people must kill farm, check out my thread about suggestions that I recently posted. Good work on the ratio Energizeric!

Caiahar
03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
1. So most ppl with 10k kills, they have gotten them back when their class was OP. So maybe warriors got those kills in the OP times. Sorcerers got the kills back when the fireball and frost stun was OP (which was like, a few days). Rogues...idk.
2. I have no idea...Maybe this:
Warrior/Rogue with a pet that gives Speed boost. They get the flag. (Some warriors also use Rally cry). With the rally cry/pet speed bonus, they take off with a skyward smash/ shadow piercer. They continue with speed boost. They use shortest way possible. They use sky smash/piercer whenever available.

For No. 2, one of my friends, who is a non forumer, got a place in last or second last in ctf flags. I asked him how he did it, he just said, he goes with the flow, or plays normally as any person would. I also have another theory

Person grabs flag and runs to base. He leaves another team mate, waiting for the flag to come back after the other person completed the other flag. 1st person scoters flag. 2nd person immediately grabs flag. Second person tells his friend to kill him purposely. 1st person is waiting at half way. The second person is killed and drops the flag, while 1st person grabs it and heads toward base.

Cero
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
before when pvp is still new or a month old a mage kill is as easy as stunlock and pew pew but they take it away.
now many warriors are playing due to the "it is working as intended, it is not a glitch" and rogues that has been booster with HOOKS and alps' bug pvp gets more harder and harder for sorc unless you have a good team to (take note) KS.

Natrich
03-23-2013, 11:01 PM
The majority of mine (and most flagger's) captures are from uneven games. An hour of just jumping through lopsided games can result in over 20 flags. If you attempt to flag in competitive games, especially as a mage, you'll more than likely get trampled. Warriors have smash and rogues pierce to get over distances quickly. Sorcerers have to get them the hard way.

As for kills, they are also racked up in unbalanced games.

Darko
03-24-2013, 12:34 AM
I flag a lot and have about 2k in flags only 4800 kills. .I dobt understand how some have 20000 some odd kills

Limsi
03-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Well basically what I did to reach 24k kills was not to farm for it by using alts or whatsoever. If i get to play everyday, I usually play for 13-15 hours depending on the situation and that a good 7-8 hours is spent for pvp but not entirely as i would spend a good time finding games which I can find a suitable team.

When I pvp, I usually go for the kill while my teammates go for the flag or if I get into a team who just go for the kills, I'd join them. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of flagging, which is the very heart of CTF. I do flag when I feel it, but it rarely happens (accidental pickups).

blakadder
03-24-2013, 08:19 AM
i have over 22k kills and over 2k flags. all was achieved by normal play in random teams. i do play alot and tend to spend around 6-8 hours daily pvping. kills are easy since as a rogue i can kill a lot before i die. flags cane irganically cause when i see a chance i go for the flag and evade the opposing team. its not difficult to rack up both but it just needs time.

hotpimp
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Anyone can get on the leaderboards for $150.
Buy the cheap android tablets, hhgregg for $75. Delete all friends.... Make fake account, level to disired level.. Cap 2 or 3 flags, hope that other team leaves.... When there is no one there ask a friend if he wants to farm with you, most likely you will find someone... Use your tablets to get free kills, you will be in one spawn, your buddy in the other. Have your tablets by you and when they die just respawn them for free kills... About 300 kills per hour, 3000 kills per day if u have time, leaderboard in 5 days? Assuming #25 15k kills.

Energizeric
03-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I guess some of you really do play crazy amounts of hours on a daily basis. I did it for one week and got a nice amount of kills and flags. I am a sorcerer so obviously both kills and flags don't come as easy to me as to rogues or warriors. I do have my moments though. If I end up on a team with a couple of good warriors who know how to tank I can be protected and unleash massive damage from behind them. But all too often the players on my team all run off and leave me to fend for myself. I can take on pretty much anyone 1-on-1, but when there are 2 or more I have no chance to survive, and because sorcerers are so slow, I can't even retreat if I am ganged up on.

Caiahar
03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
I guess some of you really do play crazy amounts of hours on a daily basis. I did it for one week and got a nice amount of kills and flags. I am a sorcerer so obviously both kills and flags don't come as easy to me as to rogues or warriors. I do have my moments though. If I end up on a team with a couple of good warriors who know how to tank I can be protected and unleash massive damage from behind them. But all too often the players on my team all run off and leave me to fend for myself. I can take on pretty much anyone 1-on-1, but when there are 2 or more I have no chance to survive, and because sorcerers are so slow, I can't even retreat if I am ganged up on.

1+. Same thing with me. I saw a warrior when all of his team mates went away, and he took out 2 mages, and one rogues. He won in 1vs3 battle.

Haowesie
03-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Sometimes I've been lucky enough to join a game where people were doing 1v1, and they didn't mind me flagging to '4' ... that helped a lot, and got me to my 500 flag AP :)

1+. Same thing with me. I saw a warrior when all of his team mates went away, and he took out 2 mages, and one rogues. He won in 1vs3 battle.

Off-topic... a warrior killed me in what I perceived as 2 skills -- because it happened too quick, and he was alone. I had full health (just over 2400 hp), killed me and another mage. So much for under powered warriors.

Montanabro
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
What would you guys estimate is the average kills per hour of a PvP build Warrior and Mage assuming normal PvP games (no farming) and going only for kills, not flags? 40 per hour seems too low..

Darko
04-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Last two days ive gotten 120, 150 flags, nothing but flagging.....still think its crap that people using chrome can cheat using keyboard commands after game is over on score screen..and can flag infinitly....and get rewarded agile us hard working guys have to watch people get 1000 in a day, sts, please fix that :)

Theillist1
04-24-2013, 10:33 AM
I feel myself as a well-rounded pvp'r I go for the flags but if you dare test me ill attack u like flies on poop! This is GANKU (8) im currently rolling with a 9396/2574/3776 k/d/fc ratio! 90% of my deaths are from being 3+ ganged on with the flag. Not the best but certainly not the worse!

Cremated
04-24-2013, 11:25 AM
I feel myself as a well-rounded pvp'r I go for the flags but if you dare test me ill attack u like flies on poop! This is GANKU (8) im currently rolling with a 9396/2574/3776 k/d/fc ratio! not the best but certainly not the worse!

Aha saw you in PvP.. You were like an average player at start but after a few days you became PROO bro :D

TwinkKiller
04-25-2013, 06:35 AM
A couple hours a day everyday since the beginning of pvp. And yes i have pulled all-nighters just capping. The lb doesnt reset so all those flags i have are over the course of 2 full seasons. Some rounds yes nobody attacks me cuz they know that if they do i will kill them. Alot of the time its leave me alone to cap and i leave u alone to kill. Cappers usually have mutual respect since nobody likes being attacked with flag on their back. Like ive said in other posts, very few people actually play ctf. They play tdm in a ctf arena which makes flag capping pretty easy. Most of the time nobody gaurds the flag room or even pays any attention to the flag, lol. Devs should give more attention to what the players actually want cuz they gonna do what they want.

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2013, 04:10 AM
As a mage I've been trying to get my pvp kill count to 100 and flag count to 50. As a result, I've been tagging along with a warrior or rogue and attacking with my lightning when I think the opponent is going to die ;) This way, I've managed to get 95 kills while dying 308 times. Mages are underpowered in PvP.

gundamsone
05-04-2013, 06:19 AM
As a mage I've been trying to get my pvp kill count to 100 and flag count to 50. As a result, I've been tagging along with a warrior or rogue and attacking with my lightning when I think the opponent is going to die ;) This way, I've managed to get 95 kills while dying 308 times. Mages are underpowered in PvP.
It took me close to 2000 deaths and a negative KDR on my end game rogue before I figured out how to play my class.
Just takes some time but mages by far are not under powered no more.

If anything it's the warriors who are getting 1-10 kills a game when rogues are topping 50-100+ and mages 20-40
Btw pm ukeeew? or something like that. He sometimes gets more kills than me in a game so i'm sure he can give you a few helpful pointers.

wolf17
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Sometimes I've been lucky enough to join a game where people were doing 1v1, and they didn't mind me flagging to '4' ... that helped a lot, and got me to my 500 flag AP :)

Off-topic... a warrior killed me in what I perceived as 2 skills -- because it happened too quick, and he was alone. I had full health (just over 2400 hp), killed me and another mage. So much for under powered warriors.
True there are some pro warriors out there that i haven't seen get killed at even 1v3. But then I've also seen wars that i can easily kill within 7 secs.

Energizeric
06-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Nice necro. I posted this months ago, and since then PvP has become quite a bit more balanced.