PDA

View Full Version : question about the mythic helmet and weapon.

itsmagic
03-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Hello sts.

I have a question about the mythic helmet and weapon.
If the next expansion comes out and lvlcap wil increase to lvl 30, will the helmet and weapon scale up with your lvl?
Or will they stay lvl 26?

gundamsone
03-24-2013, 03:10 PM
If they scale up prices will skyrocket
But to be fair, they should give every owner an option to either leave it at 26 or scale up to 31
maxing a new set at every lvl cap does not seem do-able for anyone...not even the richest

itsmagic
03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
If they scale up prices will skyrocket
But to be fair, they should give every owner an option to either leave it at 26 or scale up to 31
maxing a new set at every lvl cap does not seem do-able for anyone...not even the richest

Yeah thats the thing.
U buy a helm now for lets say 5m. A month later new lvl cap and your helm now is worthless :(

Genuinous
03-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

Check forums ;)

gundamsone
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
that quote right there needs to be stickied with size 100 font and bolded

hippl
03-24-2013, 04:38 PM
these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set just for 99.99$ (that is something that can happen with us)

Lalarie
03-24-2013, 04:47 PM
these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set just for 99.99$ (that is something that can happen with us)

LOL

Genuinous
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM

That's what I'm really worried about... Paying millions of gold and then having to pay like 200 plat per expansion... Would definitely tick off many ppl...

KillaSkillz
03-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Samhaynes quote just says the chest will match the helm, not that it will be the same level. If I had not seen them do it in other games I would say "yeah it will completely match", but I have seen them put out a helmet at one level and chest at a higher level with a new cap increase before while saying they will match, but just the style matches. I dunno. Trust what you like to.

I have also seen is SL a map that was described by devs as " a chance to get a rare pet when you finish it" well the chance was there,, for plat.
it was the baby queen. You get to the end and the npc is like well done, buy this pet? Lol

I'll believe it if i'm around still to see it, until then it's just vague enough to get them off the hook, with an explaination that that post was misunderstood.

itsmagic
03-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Samhaynes quote just says the chest will match the helm, not that it will be the same level. If I had not seen them do it in other games I would say "yeah it will completely match", but I have seen them put out a helmet at one level and chest at a higher level with a new cap increase before while saying they will match, but just the style matches. I dunno. Trust what you like to.

I have also seen is SL a map that was described by devs as " a chance to get a rare pet when you finish it" well the chance was there,, for plat.
it was the baby queen. You get to the end and the npc is like well done, buy this pet? Lol

I'll believe it if i'm around still to see it, until then it's just vague enough to get them off the hook, with an explaination that that post was misunderstood.

Okay so if i understand correct, the helmet that would match the new armor would be completly diffrent from the myth helmet we have now?
So the myth helmet we now have will be worthless exept for twinks?

hippl
03-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Okay so if i understand correct, the helmet that would match the new armor would be completly diffrent from the myth helmet we have now?

It can be so, there is no definite answer about mythic from devs. Hooks are 100% upgradable (for free or for plat - another question)

Genuinous
03-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Bump in hope of a reply...

earhole
03-26-2013, 06:37 AM
You're paying the premium to have one of the best items for NOW not for LIFE. This is not a end it all type item as the level and content raise.

KillaSkillz
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM

Let's say don't rule out yet that the helmet won't stay level 26, and the armor level 31, and both matching in appearance, until level 36 (maybe) where the upgrade option comes in. then again maybe just the helmet gets a stat upgrade to be on par with the L31 armor. and maybe an up grade of both at L36, but it won't last they won't keep upgrading it forever. We had "customize" in SL, they could do something similar to change the level of the helm and stats. But instead of "components", and cash.... For free, or plat? Who knows until they do it.

(by the way, still waiting for the arms and legs of the level cap armor set in SL with no timeline or update in sight.) STS moved on to "greener" pastures from SL I guess. That is also a possibility for anything in AL too.

@geniuous only STS could answer, and probably they haven't nailed down exactly what they are going to do, but
It's a level tied item, at some point it will be underpowered compared to what's out there, then what will it be worth? making Level tied items super rare is a bad move in my opinion, especially if they will make an improved set. I mean it's millions of gold, or lucky couple crates, or hundreds of crates, and in the end sooner or later they will say "that's all". It's like hot potato. That guy at the end caught holding is going to lose. I would have kept to pets being the really rare, maybe adding vanities that are really rare that aren't level tied.
Sooner or later they will say they are done with those items. Then it's gonna be SELL,SELL,SELL!

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Here is my guess of what will happen:

The helms will stay level 26 during the next cap. The matching mythic armors will be level 31. When you have a set with both items, it will give some sort of set bonus that will make it the best combination set. Then when the 36 cap comes we will be able to do a quest to craft the set into a new level 36 mythic set with better/updated stats. Then when the 41 cap comes they will be outdated and we will be onto new and better mythic/arcane items.

Jellowpy
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Sighhh

Originally Posted by Samhayne
Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

Genuinous
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Sighhh

Originally Posted by Samhayne

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, you may find the same quote a couple post up. The question is the method of this turning in...

Samhayne
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
You'll have to wait for the reveal...

...thanks for your patience.

Samhayne
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
You're paying the premium to have one of the best items for NOW not for LIFE. This is not a end it all type item as the level and content raise.

This is also true.

Jellowpy
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
@Genuinous
As you can see i "did" point out the obvious since i just copy pasted fr post above .. Just to stop anymore confusion and trying to post anymore guesses that itll stay the same level( check post abive mine bef you quoted) .. As for ways of turning it in your guess is as good as mine but if logic will prevail itll be a free upgrade that you have a choice if you wanna keep it at lvl 26or lvl 31 to match new lvl 31 mythic armor..

Why i think itll be this way?

Because STS still have an Arcane rarity to get us spending more plat in the future they will let us enjoy mythic rarity helm and armor for 2-3 more major expansion then after that they will introduce Arcane Rarity helms and armors.. For those that have bought or gotten lucky with a mythic armor/helm before wont complain too much since we have enjoyed it for a long period of time and now time to upgrade to Arcane Rarity to match Arcane weapons... If this is the method they will use hardcore gamers who worked hard for their gears wont be pissed because they will still have the next best set that will hold value while they will be workin to earn more gold or buy more plat to get arcane rarity set..

Or they can introduce mythic rarity accesories first to complete the entire se before introducing arcane rarity armor sets

Edit:Typed this before Sam did his..
@Sam
I hope you hold true to your word that us that have worked hard for arcane rarity weapon and mythic armor will get to upgrade them in the future for us to enjoy them longer atleast , us your hardcore players that are willing to shell out cash (real money and i game gold) just to have every slight upgrades on our character sheets..

itsmagic
03-26-2013, 05:26 PM
You'll have to wait for the reveal...

...thanks for your patience.

Okay thanks ;)

jtst
03-26-2013, 05:49 PM
My voice is for mythic to stay lvl 26. What the point of new legendary helms and armors if you can get it now and then sit with it for months? New expansion, new chests to open, new items to farm and loot. Arcane weapon is rly too rare and need to be upgradable (and it was promised it would be so), i don't have it, but vouch for owners to have gold upgradable option along with plat one. But not for free because it will again ruin the purpose of looting fresh lvl31 hooks from chests.

gundamsone
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Makes no sense for people to collect a new mythic armor set + arcane wep per 5 lvls (every 1-2 months)

Ofc they i'm not saying the upgrade should be free, they can implement maybe a low cost of 50k/50 plat as a crafting cost to exchange them up.

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
What I'm more curious to know is if the mythic helms will be discontinued when the mythic armors are introduced, or will helms also continue to drop out of the locked crates alongside the new 31 armors?

jtst
03-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Makes no sense for people to collect a new mythic armor set + arcane wep per 5 lvls (every 1-2 months)

Ofc they i'm not saying the upgrade should be free, they can implement maybe a low cost of 50k/50 plat as a crafting cost to exchange them up.

It makes no sense to farm any more if I can go buy now mythic helm, next season mythic armor - and I'm equipped for 3seasons.

Jellowpy
03-26-2013, 06:26 PM

This ^^

That is the very same reason why i quit Dragon Nest all your hard work will be gone after a month or 2 because of fast expansion and updates.. I have spent a good amount of money there and also spending a great amount here.. I dont wanna be burned out of just leveling my character then earning gold to buy "the best" legendary item then itll cost next to nothing just a few weeks after ..

You wont be gettin the best items in the first few weeks so imagine yourself trying to farm and earn money to buy everything for more than a month then because you took too long to save that money your "best " items will now be obselete after a week or two because of new update... Mythic and Arcane should maintain heir rarity its not like even 1/8th of the population have them it is something you work hard for..

Updates should bring joy and new things to explore and not a monotonous cycle. mythic and Arcane can fill that satisfaction of having having something to hold onto , something you worked hard for the last couple of weeks or months that can accompany you to few more expansions will net the satisfaction a gamer is gunning for.. Iam not also saying that arcane/mythic armor be your last set of weapon or armor you will have but the ability to upgrade them to new levels will bring this satisfaction .. STS can always add ARCANE SETS OF ARMORS in the near future to have the "NEXT HOT THING TO GET" or introduce new SECONDARY WEAPONS after introducing the first initial wave

Rogues have Arcane Blades after introducing the other 2 arcane weapon for the other two class they can introudce another set of arcane weapons

Arcane Blades for now in the near future Arcane Bow
Maybe Arcane Hammer for warrior then Arcane Sword in the future
Arcane Staff for Mage then Arcane Gun in the future

Mythic armor Helm and Armor for 3 classes now Arcane Armor and helmet in the near future

STS can introduce lots of things for us to go after to , to warrant not making any arcane or mythic weapons or armors obselete

jtst
03-26-2013, 06:34 PM
This ^^

That is the very same reason why i quit Dragon Nest all your hard work will be gone after a month or 2 because of fast expansion and updates.. I have spent a good amount of money there and also spending a great amount here.. I dont wanna be burned out of just leveling my character then earning gold to buy "the best" legendary item then itll cost next to nothing just a few weeks after ..

You wont be gettin the best items in the first few weeks so imagine yourself trying to farm and earn money to buy everything for more than a month then because you took too long to save that money your "best " items will now be obselete after a week or two because of new update... Mythic and Arcane should maintain heir rarity its not like even 1/8th of the population have them it is something you work hard for..

Updates should bring joy and new things to explore and not a monotonous cycle. mythic and Arcane can fill that satisfaction of having having something to hold onto , something you worked hard for the last couple of weeks or months that can accompany you to few more expansions will net the satisfaction a gamer is gunning for.. Iam not also saying that arcane/mythic armor be your last set of weapon or armor you will have but the ability to upgrade them to new levels will bring this satisfaction .. STS can always add ARCANE SETS OF ARMORS in the near future to have the "NEXT HOT THING TO GET" or introduce new SECONDARY WEAPONS after introducing the first initial wave

Rogues have Arcane Blades after introducing the other 2 arcane weapon for the other two class they can introudce another set of arcane weapons

Arcane Blades for now in the near future Arcane Bow
Maybe Arcane Hammer for warrior then Arcane Sword in the future
Arcane Staff for Mage then Arcane Gun in the future

Mythic armor Helm and Armor for 3 classes now Arcane Armor and helmet in the near future

STS can introduce lots of things for us to go after to , to warrant not making any arcane or mythic weapons or armors obselete

We will upgrade our hooks. Depends how much STS charges on us...
But our mythic helms are not unique - there hundreds for each class already. That's making these things not unique (mythic) and make all new legendary helm obsolete.

gundamsone
03-26-2013, 06:44 PM
hundreds? where you pulling these numbers from?

i've camped auction house this whole week and have seen under 5 rogue and war helms being listed

edit: and also people have saved up their banks for 3 expansions to only buy "ONE" piece. You really think anyone out there can max out a new set every 2 months?
So unless you feel that STS should kill their own game, I don't get your way of thinking.

Jellowpy
03-26-2013, 06:51 PM
We will upgrade our hooks. Depends how much STS charges on us...
But our mythic helms are not unique - there hundreds for each class already. That's making these things not unique (mythic) and make all new legendary helm obsolete.

They have already promised us an upgrade for mythic helm to match incoming armors any retraction from that statement can lead to reimbursements used in an ingame purchase a sample of this is a very underwhelming or a dismay update from supercells game Class of Clans last october that made a lot of players that have spent money for their IAP requested reimbursement from iTunes.. I was one of them ,iTunes yes not supercell have reimbursed almost $400 to my credit card because of a well explained email from me and added the fact that a lot of the players have done the same..

As ive said iam not saying that this needs to be our last set of helm but with the incoming mythic armor they can just extend the usefullness of this helm then maybe in the next 2-3 patches they can introduce a much rarer Arcane Helm and Armor.. This move is a much sweeter pill to swallow than making them obselete.. In this way even in future patches Mythic will still hold value(consdering how much money was spent for some players to get them by opening crates) but we sill have something "New" to gun for which is Arcane Helm/Armors. With that set up it can take half year or more than a year bef we accomplish this and iam very very sure that in that time frame STS will come up with more brilliant things

jtst
03-26-2013, 06:55 PM

i've camped auction house this whole week and have seen under 5 rogue and war helms being listed

Ofc, i have no official data. I know about 30 rogues with mythic helms. And that's not all rogues with mythic helmets. So just plain generalization that every class have 80-150 mythic helmets in game atm allows me to say this. It's time for you to grow up and not cling to the words, i know you got my point.

Jellowpy
03-26-2013, 06:59 PM

This also i was one of the lucky few that have leveled to 26 on the first week of release of this items thats why i had the means early to farm money and elite old pirate chest also had spent good amount to buy plats to open afew chest.. Thats why i was also one of the few that are stalking CS for these items always checkin for good price . I have never ever seen any indication that we have a saturation of these in our current market it is still considered as something to farm for and something you work hard to get..

In our guild i think we only have around 2-3 players that have mythic helmet and 2 that have arcane weapon considering that our guild is a very big guild composed of many players..

Natrich
03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
What I'm more curious to know is if the mythic helms will be discontinued when the mythic armors are introduced, or will helms also continue to drop out of the locked crates alongside the new 31 armors?

There's no reason for hooks and helms to stop dropping from the elite gold pirate next cap....

The mythic armor/war arcane will drop from the elite gold nord chest

gundamsone
03-26-2013, 10:57 PM
agree with you nat

new players should have an equal chance in obtaining these items & ofc they will be just as rare.
old players who own a pair should also have a chance to upgrade them to 31 versions @ a small cost.

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
There's no reason for hooks and helms to stop dropping from the elite gold pirate next cap....

The mythic armor/war arcane will drop from the elite gold nord chest

Good point. And what about the locked crates? Maybe both drop from there?

Carapace
03-26-2013, 11:30 PM

Mythic helms will not be discontinued and can continue to be farmed from Crates as well as Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests

LwMark
03-27-2013, 12:51 AM

Ye not disc Carapace answered this ong time ago thats why i didnt stress bout gettin it like other items

Mysticaleagle
03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
I really hope the mythic and arcane (at least hooks) will scale. Cause after the price we paid for em, if they don't, it would just once again be a waste.

And also, the warrior hooks will be 31, when the rogue ones will be 26 which makes no sense to me.

Ravager
03-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I really hope the mythic and arcane (at least hooks) will scale. Cause after the price we paid for em, if they don't, it would just once again be a waste.

And also, the warrior hooks will be 31, when the rogue ones will be 26 which makes no sense to me.

Maybe there will be more types of mythic helmets or arcane weapons as well. Like 3 mythic helmets and the one that was turned in and traded up is the 3rd 2nd or 1st best.