PDA

View Full Version : Auto-targeting doesn't target the closest mob

nerdherd
04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
I've been noticing this one for a while, and I'm not sure if this should be considered a bug or a suggestion. Either way, auto-targeting very frequently targets a mob other than the one closest to me. When I'm approaching a group of mobs it will very often target one in the middle instead of one near the edge, or worse, sometimes it targets one on the far side of the group. Can we get this fixed so that it targets the nearest mob only?

Hooblaim
04-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Mine, always does the closets, thats weird, the devs should fix in next patch if it is wrong.

Futumsh
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
It does, just your opinion and the game's opinion of what's closest may not be exactly the same.

Duke
04-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Some means of switching targets would be nice, however. (Maybe there is one, and I'm just not seeing what it is.) The point really isn't whether or not auto-target chooses the CLOSEST target, it's whether or not it chooses the RIGHT target, which can be very subjective.

Futumsh
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
You can tap on the creature you want to target.

nerdherd
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
It does, just your opinion and the game's opinion of what's closest may not be exactly the same.
Hmmm...then it has a funky way of determining which one is closest. I'll try and take some screen shots immediately after auto-targeting to show what I'm talking about.