PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerers UP

Caiahar
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Everyone knows how sorcerers are UP.
Everyone list the things how sorcerers are UP in pvp.
Here's mine: Sorcerers can be One hit by a rogue of their fireball doesn't stun them first. If your fireball misses, it's over. Rogue uses Aimed shot from a distance, which sometimes takes me too 60%, and then uses shadow piercer, which kills the rest.

Everyone who has things to list on how sorcerers or underpowered, list them here. Hopefully the Devs can read this and fix it.

Yakiniku
03-24-2013, 03:05 PM
There's no point in kiting other classes when a simple axe throw, skyward smash, or aimed shot and shadow piece combo can take you out. Our stuns were taken away to make things fair for "everyone" but really we're the ones left defenseless with the lowest armor and low burst damage.

The argument made by Sam in the past is that pvp is not balanced for 1v1. Sorcs are group support. That's fine and dandy, but why sponsor a 1v1 tournament with platinum prizes?

Energizeric
03-24-2013, 03:15 PM
You just don't know how to play your sorcerer or spec it well for PvP. I do just fine 1-on-1 or in groups. I got about 1k more kills than deaths. Stop trying to be a one-dimensional damage dealer. The best build for PvP is more of a survivability build, not a damage dealing build. Increase your armor and health, do NOT use shield, but use heal instead, and make sure to have skills that have damage with good range and short cool down so you can deal damage fast. And don't try to tank but kite your enemies instead.

I've gotten to the point where I chase warriors into the spawn room and take them down. And as for rogues, yes the most powerful rogues can one-hit me. But if my fireball lands first, then I will kill them before they recover from the stun. So it's 50/50. And that is only for rogues with the best gear. Most rogues I can take down pretty easy,

SkullCrusher
03-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I agree with Energizeric.
"Stop trying to be a one-dimensional damage dealer." Too many people just focus on damage but not survivability.
If you tried surviving more often with better armor and maybe put more skill points into healing and a few points into STR you would get more kills?

Caiahar
03-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I can solo a rogue and (rarely a warrior) but since it's CTF, there isn't an 1vs1. My problem is the group fight. If you're alone against 2 rogues, or warriors, then you're toast. Meanwhile, I've seen lone warriors take downs groups of ppl. If there is a rogue doing aimed shot and warrior with skyward, you can be dead. I'm fine with 1vs1. My REAL problem is against groups.

@Energizeric: Exactly. Ives seem sorcerers with mythic helms, and they don't do good I'm pvp. That's because it had dex, which gives a little dmg, a few dmg points, and absolutely NO str at all.

Lady_Pebbles
03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Then stay with the group at all times. If your toon dies and you respawn, sure there will probably be spawn killers around but you can either fight your way out, or ask for help. Worst comes to worse, just leave the match and join a new one. If your own team mates don't help you out, then they aint worth playing with imo. They are planning on doing something to stop the spawn killing though. Samhayne mentioned this in another thread.

SkullCrusher
03-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Thank you Pebbles. :)
Just leave the game if you don't like a team, or if you want 1v1 participate in a contest/tournament or make your own.

Caiahar
03-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Thank you Pebbles. :)
Just leave the game if you don't like a team, or if you want 1v1 participate in a contest/tournament or make your own.

Leave the game if its bad. Simple right? Sometimes, it takes a long time just to find the right team. And tourneys are easier said than done.

Lady_Pebbles
03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Its only as simple as you make it. I'd rather spend time finding a decent match where players actually play and not farm or do 1v1 in a team based arena.. Than to just stay there bored outta my mind cuz CtF isn't being played the way its supposed to be.

vholt
03-24-2013, 07:16 PM
You just don't know how to play your sorcerer or spec it well for PvP. I do just fine 1-on-1 or in groups. I got about 1k more kills than deaths. Stop trying to be a one-dimensional damage dealer. The best build for PvP is more of a survivability build, not a damage dealing build. Increase your armor and health, do NOT use shield, but use heal instead, and make sure to have skills that have damage with good range and short cool down so you can deal damage fast. And don't try to tank but kite your enemies instead.

I've gotten to the point where I chase warriors into the spawn room and take them down. And as for rogues, yes the most powerful rogues can one-hit me. But if my fireball lands first, then I will kill them before they recover from the stun. So it's 50/50. And that is only for rogues with the best gear. Most rogues I can take down pretty easy,

#swaq

SkullCrusher
03-24-2013, 07:53 PM
If you don't like playing in groups just as the people to do 1v1, if they don't agree just leave as i stated above or look for some friends to play with and keep trying to get into the same game as them.

Cero
03-24-2013, 11:48 PM

lol i wonder who you are playing with coz last few games that you joined where i am at you always quit after few deaths.

OP, has a point mages are still left. pls if you think you are doing good with your mage enlighten US with your secret i would love to read your strategy.

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 01:03 AM
lol i wonder who you are playing with coz last few games that you joined where i am at you always quit after few deaths.

OP, has a point mages are still left. pls if you think you are doing good with your mage enlighten US with your secret i would love to read your strategy.

Well, if you find me in town just look at my stats on my inspect screen. And yes I leave games sometimes, but not specifically because I die. I leave when I feel the team is too weak. As has been said above, sorcerers are more team players than 1-on-1. For example, I do way better if I have a warrior on my team that can tank. So if time after time I camp behind the warrior and he is unable to keep the warrior on the other team in front of him, then I leave and look for another team. Or if it's a team that doesn't play like a team and everyone is all over the map, then I leave as well.

I don't mind 1-on-1, but in these situations it usually ends up 3-on-1 with me being the 1. And that I'm not able to survive ever.

swexcist
03-25-2013, 05:15 AM

Do not use shield vs rogs that one shot you? wanna se an explanation to this, how do you kill most people 1v1 w/ o a shield, specially those 1 hit rogers, i mean, 700 armor and 2.7k hp wont safe you from a 3k crit, shield will on the other hand

edit: rogs one shot skill seem to have superior range as well, hard to get that fire stun in b4 they hit you

Cero
03-25-2013, 06:27 AM

Do not use shield vs rogs that one shot you? wanna se an explanation to this, how do you kill most people 1v1 w/ o a shield, specially those 1 hit rogers, i mean, 700 armor and 2.7k hp wont safe you from a 3k crit, shield will on the other hand

edit: rogs one shot skill seem to have superior range as well, hard to get that fire stun in b4 they hit you

smoller uses 3attack+heals. He can survive after 3hits from a rogue or so. fire-ice-light-heal is effective on both teamplay and 1v1.

but in the end sorc is still the squishy class and needs a group to hug.

swexcist
03-25-2013, 06:44 AM
HE can survive if he's lucky ye, i just feel shield is more reliable vs rog then heal is. Personal opinion too, its not cut in a rock, i might change my point of view later

Caiahar
03-25-2013, 07:56 AM

Let me explain this shield to you.
Back in 21 cap, when pvp was introduced, shield was a really good skill to have. At 16 cap, no pvp, it was good too. But the dmg absorption doesn't go up with lvl/health. Soon, in a few more caps, rogues can break the shield in an auto attack. Right now, they break it with an aimed shot.

swexcist
03-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Well, let me explain to you that im talking about the 2 sek "undying" skill, not the dmg absorb, that **** is weak idd.

Caiahar
03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Well, let me explain to you that im talking about the 2 sek "undying" skill, not the dmg absorb, that **** is weak idd.

The 2 sec isn't really good.
1. You have no way to know when it is over. Warriors 2 sec shield comes off when over. Maybe it would turn a different color when two sec invu are up?

2. 2 sec doesn't work. When I tried pvping with the 2 sec shield invinciblity, I went into a group fight, charged shield, and put it up. I immediately died. I tried 1 vs 1. Same. Whenever I put up shield, I count, and actually, after ONE second, rogue uses aimed shot and brings me down to a half Heath.

swexcist
03-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Ofc you know when its over, 2 sek and its over. Almost all rogs I've encountered in pvp use aim shot 1st, so, just put on shield and charge a firebolt, will guarantee you the opener and no dmg taken.. I have to agree on the shield bug too, have written 2 complains about it not working as intended. Same with lifegiver.

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 11:40 AM
I do get killed by rogues sometimes as you say, but not most of the time. I can deal damage pretty quick as well. I all depends on if my stun hits. Also, they don't always crit 3000. Critical hits are not 100% of the time even for rogues. So if they fail to land that big hit, I usually can stun them and take them down before they recover from the stun.

Excuses
03-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Not trying to argue... but obviously I don't know how to play mage then.

I have about 2300 health, 733 armor, 190 dmg with fire, ice, time heal&clyde, but can't kill anyone but die all the time...
I am like a mana healer in team. My stun might help warriors, but basically rogues get all kills and I heal them. Over and over. And every time I face someone 1on1(not intended, but situation) and die EVERY time.
I have NEVER beaten a rogue. But some warriors by spending 80% of my mana.

If I have good party, yes, I can do better but it's like as a healer. I get only lucky kills, dies a lot by kisses of rogue or warrior's axe.

Please enlighten other mages like me if you think this class is good enough.

I play like this. I usually go first with fire to help warriors, and drop time(sometimes I die here by AS, so change time to thunder two days ago), and throw ice and shoot gun or another fire. And see our team's mana and heal(ans here I got dead too because I have to get into battle to heal my team)
And I think because I attack first for my team, rogue's next AS kill other team or warrior's SS or windmill. So no kills for me. Some lucky fire ball make kills only.
But still, when I face with someone 1on1, I never beat them.

And
'The argument made by Sam in the past is that pvp is not balanced for 1v1. Sorcs are group support. That's fine and dandy, but why sponsor a 1v1 tournament with platinum prizes?'

This is ridiculous.
They call and ask 'class balance' in pvp. Go check pvp stick note. Then say mage is group support so ok to be weak? And open 1vs1 tournament?