PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Time shift over frost on pvp?

Caiahar
03-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Hey guys. I recently started wondering, for pvp, since many times frosts Dot has killed someone after they have killed me. How would time do instead of frost? It has DoT, and it does damage when you summon it and when it explodes. Root is useless. Warriors and rogues can jump out of it. What's your opinion? Frost or Time Shift?

Energizeric
03-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Frost is a better damage skill and has nice range to it. The only thing Time Shift is better for is if you are running flags it can help you get away better if you are being pursued.

vholt
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
I feel timeshift, when used correctly, is great for versatility. Frost bolt is just good for killing.

SkullCrusher
03-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Frost.

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 01:06 AM
I feel timeshift, when used correctly, is great for versatility. Frost bolt is just good for killing.

Yes indeed. What else is there in PvP? LOL

Alhuntrazeck
03-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Frost is very useful to stop enemies. time shift can be avoided and a rogue with a bow can shoot you as well as a mage with a gun. rogues and warriors can also dash past.

Excuses
03-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I used to use both. DOT of three skill is fire> ice> time.
And ice is easier to apply, but time can block whole alley to slow them down and effects multiple target.
Bad thing is other class can just jump(SS) or run (piercer) out of it. But it works ok when 5vs5 fight is going on in one spot because those skills auto aim someone near them so the situation makes them to stay in there.
Bad thing about time is you have to get into the battle. Sometimes you got dead right after you drop it.

vholt
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Yes indeed. What else is there in PvP? LOL

Flag running :P

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
See my post above:

Frost is a better damage skill and has nice range to it. The only thing Time Shift is better for is if you are running flags it can help you get away better if you are being pursued.

vholt
03-26-2013, 12:11 AM
See my post above:

Timeshift has better slowdown, and better for group of enemies. :o

xcainnblecterx
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
i think time is more of a team helper, like curse. If you like helping your team try it. Curse is same way, but i dont recommend that for pvp

bluotaku
03-27-2013, 12:41 AM
I prefer frost over time.

If you're running a build with both heal and shield, I would take frost for sure. Assuming your 3rd skill is fireball, when you add TS as a fourth skill, your CD's are all just too long for good damage and CC.

Deadroth
04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi!

Frost is better than Timeshift cause:

- Frost freeze foes/players and can't be avoided (exept high dodge chance)

- Timeshift snare foes/players can be avoided by special dash rogue and warrior skills

2. Frost has better coldown than Timeshift

3. Frost has better damage output than Timeshift

4. Frost has better accuracy than Timeshift (U almost always have direct hits on Frost)

P.S. Frost is ultimate skill like fire :) I reccomend to use it for both PVE and PVP

Booya!
Dead :)