PDA

View Full Version : Solo Maps

Mewmew
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
When this game was very first released - I asked if we could get a way to play Solo on maps. The Devs responded and said they'd like to play solo sometimes too so that was a good possibility.

A good amount of time has passed and what seems like it would have been a quick and easy thing to implement still isn't in the game, so I have to ask - is this still happening or no? All the other Spacetime Studios games have the ability to do so (make a password protected map, play solo if you want).

I very often want to take my time in this game, poke around, read quest text etc. But every time I go in a room others appear in there rushing through everything so that I can't take my time to enjoy myself (and if I try to, some people get very mad at me for doing so). Other times people appear in rooms and just stand there at the entrance the entire time.

I usually want to group with people and will mostly still do that. But I'd play a lot more, and be more happy (therefore spending more money through my happiness and time spent in game) if I could go into instances solo sometimes too. It doesn't kill off group play, if you play the other Spacetime Studios games like this that default into party maps you know that most people still are there partying and not soloing. It's hard to do alone, people still enjoy playing with others, it's not going to hurt the group play at all. It will actually make group play more enjoyable as those there all want to group up - it's not full of people who are going at slower speeds or just want to try something alone briefly.

So once more I make the request that we be able to do all the maps solo if we so want to.

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah, this is something I'd like to see. I got annoyed yesterday.... I got a luck elixir from Klaas and decided I would farm for locked crates. So I wanted to farm Jarl (not elite) but every time I joined the map there were players who had joined before me and they had already kill Jarl. So in 30 minutes of rejoining maps and running to Jarl, I only killed him 4 times even though it should have been like 15 or 20. Very annoying.

Uzii
03-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Thers some way u can play solo be in pt with someone whos willing to give u opportunity for soloing (maps r reserved only for pt members)

Or invite someone whos offline just go to social-party-invite to party and type name of offline player. But only way as to leave that "party" is to log off for a bit and then log back (typing /leaveparty doesnt work)

So some "official" option for soloing would be highly appreciated

Rare
03-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Thers some way u can play solo be in pt with someone whos willing to give u opportunity for soloing (maps r reserved only for pt members)

Or invite someone whos offline just go to social-party-invite to party and type name of offline player. But only way as to leave that "party" is to log off for a bit and then log back (typing /leaveparty doesnt work)

So some "official" option for soloing would be highly appreciated

"/partyleave"

Uzii
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
"/partyleave"

Haha and i was wondering whats wrong

Thx :)

Jackyll
03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
best thing to do is to just ask someone in your guild for a "solo party" someone just standing in CS area or guild hall or even going to be AFK awhile, party them, then run the map you want. The won't join or anything and you'll have the whole map to yourself.

kazcou
03-25-2013, 11:23 PM
If you have a computer or another tablet, you can create a second account and group with youself :) I do that sometime when you are half busy or can't get a good group.

birdmasta
03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
wow im gonna try that!! i always random pt then leave

If you have a computer or another tablet, you can create a second account and group with youself :) I do that sometime when you are half busy or can't get a good group.

Noobiam
03-27-2013, 03:17 AM
there is a way to solo maps:

just type "/partyinvite 000" in a town then you will be able to solo maps.

take note be sure to type it when youre inside a town. (windmoore, outpost, etc..)

when youre done soloing just type "partyleave".

hope this helps. :)

Wowsome
03-27-2013, 04:52 AM

take note be sure to type it when youre inside a town. (windmoore, outpost, etc..)

wow, i didnt know this. thanks!

rivet
03-27-2013, 07:58 AM

I should have known this last leprechoblin week:sorrow:

Noobiam
03-27-2013, 09:01 AM
wow, i didnt know this. thanks!

np. glad this helps. :)

I should have known this last leprechoblin week:sorrow:

sorry rivet. i could have commented sooner.