PDA

View Full Version : To Charge or Not To Charge?

Zuzeq
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
What are the benefits of charging skills such as Aim Shot and Nox Bolt?

FluffNStuff
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't charge because Aim Shot has a 5 second crit increase that stacks, so getting the AS off every 2 seconds keeps you at optimum crit level. Charging anything throws you off your flow.

JaytB
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Charged skills generally deal a bit more Dmg.

Edit: oops, pressed the save button too soon...

Charging skills can also unlock additional effects, if you choose the specific skill upgrades. During fights, I never charge nox or AS.

Ow, and AS stacks 5 times if firing quick enough (+50% crit).

Zuzeq
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
So if your AS is maxed, you get the effects of all upgrades from a normal attack? Sorry, i just don't take the time to analize the difference(dnt charge ether). I just try to kill elite mob as fast as possible. I'm just making sure I'm not missing out of any of my upgrade by spam non-charged shots.

JaytB
03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
So if your AS is maxed, you get the effects of all upgrades from a normal attack? Sorry, i just don't take the time to analize the difference(dnt charge ether). I just try to kill elite mob as fast as possible. I'm just making sure I'm not missing out of any of my upgrade by spam non-charged shots.

AS doesn't have any specific upgrades that need to be charged in order to use them.

Just check the descriptions of the subskills, it mostly mentions if it needs to be charged or not.

Zuzeq
03-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Made me have uh "duh" moment...lol

Laevateinn
03-26-2013, 04:38 AM
Charged skills generally deal a bit more Dmg.

Edit: oops, pressed the save button too soon...

Charging skills can also unlock additional effects, if you choose the specific skill upgrades. During fights, I never charge nox or AS.

Ow, and AS stacks 5 times if firing quick enough (+50% crit).

How can you stack 5 times? As far as I know, it's a +10% crit chance buff that lasts 5 seconds and the cooldown is 2 seconds, so 1 second after the third consecutive AS the first buff would finish. Meaning you can only get up to +30% for the final second of the first AS. After the first three shots, if you keep firing them off as soon as they cool down you'll alternate between +30% and +20% every second. Or have I got the math wrong?

JaytB
03-26-2013, 04:56 AM
How can you stack 5 times? As far as I know, it's a +10% crit chance buff that lasts 5 seconds and the cooldown is 2 seconds, so 1 second after the third consecutive AS the first buff would finish. Meaning you can only get up to +30% for the final second of the first AS. After the first three shots, if you keep firing them off as soon as they cool down you'll alternate between +30% and +20% every second. Or have I got the math wrong?

Cooldown is actually 10seconds, not 5 ;)

Edit: I mean cooldown before buff wears off

Laevateinn
03-26-2013, 05:01 AM
But the description says 5 seconds

"Deadly Focus: Increases critical chance by 10% for the next 5 seconds."

JaytB
03-26-2013, 05:10 AM
But the description says 5 seconds

"Deadly Focus: Increases critical chance by 10% for the next 5 seconds."

And all descriptions have always been correct in the past?

I'll post pics if you want to see it yourself. Bit busy with work atm though

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 08:48 AM
I have to second Jay. Rocking Elite SS last night and it was Crit City thanks to AS. Just about 50% of everything I let go at the mobs was a crit. One just has to let that AS go as soon as it lights up from cool down. Spaming Nox and Aim with this tech just drains the life from mobs and bosses. Of course you have to stop to rotation to pop smoke and lay traps (If you're a team player).

hotpimp
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Always charge AS, ill do 250 uncharged and like 600 charged

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
600? Hey now...*computing new strategies in head*

Navygreen
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
I find these kinds of discussions interesting because I can sometimes agree with the math and the logic as to why some players do or don't do certain things, but this time I can disagree with not charging during fighting. The math says you have less of a chance of a crit when charging as you're not firing at the same rate, however my sis seems to do just fine charging AS and Nox, in the right order along with spamming her bow. In a fight she does quite well.

I believe that with the right skill mapping, the right combination of charged abilities, normal shots and combos, you'll do fine either way. It's all in how you play. We try to charge as much as possible for the extra benefits and we never miss a beat.

Edit:
The benefits of charging your abilities is because you get those extra effects with the charge, depending on your upgrades.

hangcs102
03-31-2013, 09:27 AM
if you use dagger and just need the 10%criti, that's no need to charge.

if you use bow, please keep using charged aimed shot, normal charged attack and charged nox.

that's not difficult to understand if you ever tried it

Bless
03-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Always charge AS, ill do 250 uncharged and like 600 charged thats a lie aim. you cant do 600dmg at l16 no crit.

Azepeiete
04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
In elites, I don't charge anything except the occasional smoke...assuming I'm using aimed, nox, trap, and smoke.

SkullCrusher
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, at level 15 I get about 150 damage un-charged using Aimed Shot, but when I do charge it I get up to 210+.
I recommend charging AS but don't charge anything else.

Slashiroth
04-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Only time I ever ever ever charge AS is when then mob/boss is barely coming or otherwise no way it's a waste.

Mshemmo
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I usually only charge AS when starting fight,

Zuzeq
04-05-2013, 01:01 PM
With my pure bow build I charge SSS for the AOE dmg. You can hit like 6 people with that thing.

DraftingDave
04-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm still fairly new, but what I've been doing is Un-charged if I have over 50% mp, and Charged if I have less than 50% mp. Un-charged is the best dps, but Charged is the best dmg/mp. As far as I can tell (and I've been told) Charged Abilities do not cost any extra mp.

And it goes without saying, always charge going into a fight.