PDA

View Full Version : Ripmaw Replaced by Slag the Fire Elemental on Thursday - Comparison Shopping

Samhayne
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM

In an update coming on Thrusday, March 28th, Ripmaw will be replaced in the Stable with Slag the Fire Elemental. If you're thinking about which pet might be better for your playstyle, here are the stats for each pet at level 1 and level 26.

In general, Ripmaw is a more "Tanky" pet, with STR and damage mitigation. Slag the Fire Elemental is more of a damage pet with big DEX + DMG.

Ripmaw lvl 1

Ripmaw lvl 26

Slag the Fire Elemental lvl 1

Slag the Fire Elemental lvl 26

Both pets are Mythic rarity and cost 250 Platinum. If you want Ripmaw, get him now! If you want Slag, look for him in the Stable after Thursday's update.

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Slag has nice stats at lvl26 good job. He looks good too. Wish he was an Arcane pet instead though. I mean we already had Ripmaw as a limited edition plat exclusive Mythic item... Now we have Mythics in crates with Arcanes yet none for a flat plat price. Any plans on releasing an Arcane pet for a flat plat price like these Mythics?

octavos
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
300 for arcane rarity..and you have me sold :3 since glacian is arcane type, why not make this new pet one too.

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 05:26 PM
300 for arcane rarity..and you have me sold :3
Exactly! Lol

Aplyed
03-25-2013, 05:34 PM
awesome

Nananana
03-25-2013, 05:38 PM
It's happiness bonus is SO much better than Ripmaw's.....

Khylan
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM

Not for a warrior :)

This is a great pet, perfect to alternate with McCraw for a rogue.

I'm glad SS is introducing more plat purchasable pets. The arcane items from crates are not worth it, such terrible odds for the cost of opening in plat + the cost to purchase crates.

Slashiroth
03-25-2013, 06:12 PM
OMFG I'm ganna buy the crap out of that pet

Edit- why does it have same arcane ability at lvl 1 as lvl 26?

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Not for a warrior :)

This is a great pet, perfect to alternate with McCraw for a rogue.

I'm glad SS is introducing more plat purchasable pets. The arcane items from crates are not worth it, such terrible odds for the cost of opening in plat + the cost to purchase crates.
More reason why this would be a perfect pet for them to release as an Arcane type sold for a flat price in the stable instead of a Mythic type!

Puntus
03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Pet for a rogue... I think they are killing warrior... No mana vengeful , only best health stats compared to the rogue, low damage and dps...I like warrior but no the warrior stats

Darko
03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I love adding platinum pet but lwt me get this straight..rouges are already dominating pvp.. so lets give them a pet with 30+ dex, more mana so they have no mana issue, increase thwir damage, like they dont do enough damage, increase their speed, run around and blast everyone, passive reduces armor, cause their skills don't reduce it anyways., plus add additional..damage PLUS slow the speed so nobody can get awaywe are goibg to be like paper machaes to rouges.. mage has colton and clyde two +30 int, glad rouge has + 30 dex pet but dang, warriors + 30 str pet gives movement speed and arcane slows enemied (flag runner pet) we need a better +30 pet. U just gave them mccraw really??? Mages have two amazing ones, now rouges have one....warriors best pets can all be used by other classes. .. we sucj if we use ckyde or mccraw....rouges can use ribbit for crit or rip dor health and mana, or malison....only pats we have soley for us is koko...which sucks....cause extra armor does little against rouge..ill still bug this and try and dex up my warrior...but sts right now a rouge can duel spec, (increase health, like warrior, lose dps and damage, but keep emough that they still do most damage with added health...a warrior cannot do that, lower health for dage and dps....its impossible....they can get our strength, we csnnot get theirs

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Actually, this pet would be awesome for a Mage as well. The stats for +30 DEX & +10 INT will give a nice boost in stats. Plus the dmg. Very nice!

Edit: Oh and speed! Maybe can evade in PvP a bit better now. Im considering buying it... Way better than RipMaw imo.

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Arcane are supposed to be rarer than mythic, so that's why you can't just buy arcane.

Nice pet though, I'll probably get one.

Darko
03-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Actually, this pet would be awesome for a Mage as well. The stats for +30 DEX & +10 INT will give a nice boost in stats. Plus the dmg. Very nice!

Edit: Oh and speed! Maybe can evade in PvP a bit better now. Im considering buying it... Way better than RipMaw imo.

See :) now mage has colton, fire guy, and clyde...warriors best pet now is ripmaw +15 str :( should be 25) ill buy it but don't see how lets hurt warriors more. And buff up rouges campaign going on...we get flag running pets lol house about a 30+ str with 15% damage , mana and heath regean pet

Puntus
I love adding platinum pet but lwt me get this straight..rouges are already dominating pvp.. so lets give them a pet with 30+ dex, more mana so they have no mana issue, increase thwir damage, like they dont do enough damage, increase their speed, run around and blast everyone, passive reduces armor, cause their skills don't reduce it anyways., plus add additional..damage PLUS slow the speed so nobody can get awaywe are goibg to be like paper machaes to rouges.. mage has colton and clyde two +30 int, glad rouge has + 30 dex pet but dang, warriors + 30 str pet gives movement speed and arcane slows enemied (flag runner pet) we need a better +30 pet. U just gave them mccraw really??? Mages have two amazing ones, now rouges have one....warriors best pets can all be used by other classes. .. we sucj if we use ckyde or mccraw....rouges can use ribbit for crit or rip dor health and mana, or malison....only pats we have soley for us is koko...which sucks....cause extra armor does little against rouge..ill still bug this and try and dex up my warrior...but sts right now a rouge can duel spec, (increase health, like warrior, lose dps and damage, but keep emough that they still do most damage with added health...a warrior cannot do that, lower health for dage and dps....its impossible....they can get our strength, we csnnot get theirs

Arcane are supposed to be rarer than mythic, so that's why you can't just buy arcane.

Totally agree

quanebo
if I ever get plat im gonna buy this. looks epic.

gundamsone
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
I personally prefer this pet over glacian Oo
Seems like they're making pets better and better

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 06:30 PM

Then just sell one for a higher price but a fixed price. *shrugs* Not everyone wants to gamble for these types of items. Hell, I'd settle for an Arcane item for a fixed plat price rather than to gamble without any guarantee at getting the item.

Chaim Nail
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
I know the rock reference to the term slag, but here in the UK it's usually used as a derogatory term for a promiscuous woman with little moral.

"Muuuum, can I have some money to buy a slag in this game?"

:o

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 06:38 PM
I know the rock reference to the term slag, but here in the UK it's usually used as a derogatory term for a promiscuous woman with little moral.

Smh... lololololol

Wow... Just wow. Lmao

Puntus
03-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Another thing: Ripmaw Vs Slag! Crazy comparation!! Obviously Slag is better! Most important stat of Ripmaw: +15 str
Slag: +30 dex
I think warrior dies slowly...

DocDoBig
03-25-2013, 06:41 PM
again a pet with the animation of Pirate Monkeys?
next one will be earth/wind in green ? :D

Cero
03-25-2013, 06:48 PM
crap 20plat short:/

Chaim Nail
03-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Smh... lololololol

Wow... Just wow. Lmao

I know, children will be running around in games with pet slags... :o :D

Rare
03-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Slag has nice stats at lvl26 good job. He looks good too. Wish he was an Arcane pet instead though. I mean we already had Ripmaw as a limited edition plat exclusive Mythic item... Now we have Mythics in crates with Arcanes yet none for a flat plat price. Any plans on releasing an Arcane pet for a flat plat price like these Mythics?

One of the Devs mentioned before that arcane rarity pets, at this point, are planned to be exclusive from crates. I'll have to find the post. I'm pretty sure it was in the nexus thread after it became lootable.

zweixii
03-25-2013, 07:17 PM
I like this pet, look awesome with good stats (finally a pet with 30 dex) and a hilarious name. :D

But, would perfer STS add more story/hauntlet pets.

Shun
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
STS is being mean to warriors... why are they all in favor of ROGUES? Hope there's an equality for class here...

Zanpakuto
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Good god. I was looking forward to buying this for my warrior too! This game is becoming rogue skewed. It's time to change classes! If it had at least mana regen I would buy it. Took our vengeful blood away and now adding cool pets that are of no use to warriors. :(

When our arcane weapon comes out, it better shoot lasers

gundamsone
03-25-2013, 07:41 PM
STS is being mean to warriors... why are they all in favor of ROGUES? Hope there's an equality for class here...
Maybe they feel that warriors have too much Health already?
I think any class can make good use of the arcane/mythic pets as they really arn't heavily favoured towards 1 class.

Deadbite
03-25-2013, 07:49 PM

Well that would just be kinda awkward ya know?

Slashiroth
03-25-2013, 08:23 PM
To people saying that this game.is becoming.rouge heavy devs said that this expansion would be rouge heavy, wait till the next ones come when its all about images/warriors then you'll have ur redemption

Darko
03-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe they feel that warriors have too much Health already?
I think any class can make good use of the arcane/mythic pets as they really arn't heavily favoured towards 1 class.

Our health is a joke right now cause of the amount of damage a rouge can do and how quickly, a robin ge can walk up and down th aisles and wipe fve guys in a row with 1-2 hits...now with this pet will be one for sure....with nefarious hooks plus this pet...wow ridiculous...and lets see here...kraken comes out best pet is mccraw for rouges, right now next expansion best pet rouge...im supposed to protrct my mages and ro uges but warriors are big fluffy pillows now with no damage, no ability no reduce incoking damage (rally and juggernaught are complete jokes cause we can't use em) since this mages world shouldn't they have best pets.. I lve how hammer and rip both warrior pets have 10, 15 str... wheres our 30+ str with damage.uf gonna see a rouge with 500 dps, aimed shot put razor on, piercer two regular attacks ur dead.....meanwhile a warrior still csnt kill snother warrior...yet eouges can kill every class in less than 5 seconds

gundamsone
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
darko you know thats not true >.>....

Still takes me close to 800-1k mana on avg to down a good warrior in 1v1 situations

Rare
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM

Wasn't ripmaw a warrior pet?

JaytB
03-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Maybe the release of this pet is a good time to fix the issue of pets +dmg % not being visible.

Haowesie
03-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Very nice pet.... I will probably get one :)

In reference to Arcane pets, since it is ultra ultra super mega rare, why not give it stats that are good for all classes, that way.....everyone would want it. I don't know why Glacian didn't have +15 INT (like Hammerjaw with +10 on STR, DEX and INT). I'm sure those stat numbers for these pets were not pulled out of the air, right? And since we're gambling for these pets in crates, why can't they have better stats than Malison?

Excuses
03-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Nice pet!!

But sad that STS remove one of best pet for warrior.. and give a better one for rogue. ;p

Darko
03-25-2013, 08:40 PM
To people saying that this game.is becoming.rouge heavy devs said that this expansion would be rouge heavy, wait till the next ones come when its all about images/warriors then you'll have ur redemption

Exactly my point, rouges expansion is done. Next expansion is for mages, yet both glacian (crit dex and mana), and fire (dex damage, mana) are both geared that's rogue. They should be geared towards mage as its their expansion...

Darko
03-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Wasn't ripmaw a warrior pet?

If ripmaw was +30 str id agree with u, but the strength for hammerjaw and ripmaw are pathetic...warriors have one pathetic pet with 30+ str....we have zero that conbine high str with damage and mana, like this one...

Darko
03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
darko you know thats not true >.>....

Still takes me close to 800-1k mana on avg to down a good warrior in 1v1 situations

Well now ur mana worries are over, meanwhile warriors have no mana themselves, no damage, little defense against rouge, feeble helps first aimed shot, bit they hit u hard two secs later so its null ans void...our best skill, cs, can't be used agaibst rouges cause if u get close they destory u with dps, razor, and as.

Cero
03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
slag is mostly benefits rogue,
dex int(period)
ofc it can be used by other class but does not gives as what rogues' recieves.

anyways this patch is favored for rogues.

Noobiam
03-25-2013, 08:57 PM
nice pets for rogue. :)

Redtank
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
250 plat wokapow!!

Natrich
03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Hooks, ninja vanity, glacian, slag...its rogue season lol

Zuzeq
03-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Its so stupid like who tf is gonna pay 250 plat when 165 plat cost $20 who the heck came up with that price $20+ for a fake pet ? Thats the most stupid rip off someone can pull JUST SAYING

You hush, that's my pet!

Vystirch
03-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Very nice stats will be buying it.

-Vys

Rare
03-25-2013, 10:23 PM
If ripmaw was +30 str id agree with u, but the strength for hammerjaw and ripmaw are pathetic...warriors have one pathetic pet with 30+ str....we have zero that conbine high str with damage and mana, like this one...

Well before this rogues only had one that gave 25 dex. Granite.

Malison is a well rounded pet. Snag give +20 str.

So what you are saying is rogues have one and warriors have none. Yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

JaytB
03-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Too bad it will sacrifice a lot of health points (and some crit) compared to Malison. But then again, I guess you can't have it all. The Dmg increase is probably going to be worth some survivability. Currently I can survive heavy boss attacks (red circles) 95% (+?) of the time, I wonder if that's still the case with the new pet. Might be perfect with those flintlocks too, maximize Dmg, sacrifice less HP's and a cool fiery look. Mmm, tempting.

For a pure Dmg build it's probably worth it. I might be getting one, I'll calculate my stats before I do though.

Jcyee
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Stats only really good for rogues but it looks so cool!!!!!!!!!

Vystirch
03-25-2013, 11:21 PM

This is what I'd say to everyone ^^

Aniscater
03-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Hey, that's a good pet for mages too:) Elemental pets... I can smell the coming mage expansion:)

JaytB
03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Hey, that's a good pet for mages too:) Elemental pets... I can smell the coming mage expansion:)

Actually that would make a decent pet for mages. A lot of protection, still some int and a nice Dmg buff.

Kumikochan
03-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Agreed. Arcane items are not worth...atm. Its too much of the cost with both plats+ and crates. And they selling it at ridiculous price!

Faliziaga
03-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Thx for the pet, im gonna buy it :encouragement:

jtst
03-26-2013, 06:15 AM
Str pets
shiloh: +40str (for all your party!)
hazel: +30str
snaggle: +25str

First pet with 30dex coming - warriors in tears. Rogue's would be happy with a pet which arcane is +40dex to all party and no need for plat!

Bebsi
03-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Well, don't overdo it ^_^

Shilo gives a buff that lasts like 2-3 secs, it is not static, that would be op indeed xD
Hazel and snaggle were good before update, but maybe u missed that warriors got nerfed.
All this pets are not as useful as they used to be cause u can't build up mana quick enough ;)

The warriors that 'cry' are just the ones that haven't tried other classes yet ;)
Anyway, after the update in pvp I find it hard to believe that warriors can be farm killed that easily or am I wrong?

If u feel that ur class is weak just try another class.
I love all 3 classes and I hate all their weaknesses depending on what class I play, so yea.., I feel u ^_^

Genuinous
03-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Wow, this is perfectly tailored for rogues. Even better than ripmaw is for warriors. And just saying, these two pets are not in the same league. Not even close. I hope the next mythic pet will come for mages and will have similarly favorable stats. :)

jtst
03-26-2013, 07:13 AM
I use flap in pvp cause of regen bonuses and damage, but in pve i would give slag a chance

Psykopathic
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Hello?? Ripmaw is awesome. And I don't see a Mage or rogue using him

Natrich
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Wow, this is perfectly tailored for rogues. Even better than ripmaw is for warriors. And just saying, these two pets are not in the same league. Not even close. I hope the next mythic pet will come for mages and will have similarly favorable stats. :)

The happiness boost for slag is insane. The movement speed boost is unneccesary imo.

Edit: How about a subtle change to Ripmaw? Maybe +20 str instead of 15?

Darko
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Okay heres the pets a warrior has
Ripmaw + 15 str
Ribbit +25 str and crit and health Regan
Malison,+20 all dodge crit
Hazel +30 movement health regean
Shiloh +12 movwment
Koko + 15 int (lol) 80 armor
Snaggle + 25 strmana dam red
Wyatt + 20 str health and damge
Loki +15 str added dodge and 20 dex
Hammerjaw 10dama 10 on all pkus mana

So basically most are also useful to rouges...rouges can use ribbit, rip, malison, loki, kettle, flapjack and hammerjaw because buffs highlight dex, crit and/or dodge....

Wyatt, snaggle and hazwl are only rral ones for warrior only and those pail in comparison to mccraw, granitr, glacian, fire, wra thjaw, meepmop, horton, and nexus.

See rogues strengths are dex, dodge, crit, there pets directly improve all areas....warrior strength is health armor and str (should br damage) we jave zero pets that highlight all three strength...koko addrss armor but has int, not str..

Also warrior and mages strength is health and mana, we get a regen on ours,, not a static stat.... rouges crit and dodge is static not a rrgen or progressive increase....

Made needs 30 int 15 str 10% dam, 10 armor, 5 dodge, 5 crit pet
Warruor needs 30 str 15 mana 10% damage 8 health regean, 60armor pet

Need pwt that highlights are strengyhs not rouges strength

Darko
03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Well, don't overdo it ^_^

Shilo gives a buff that lasts like 2-3 secs, it is not static, that would be op indeed xD
Hazel and snaggle were good before update, but maybe u missed that warriors got nerfed.
All this pets are not as useful as they used to be cause u can't build up mana quick enough ;)

The warriors that 'cry' are just the ones that haven't tried other classes yet ;)
Anyway, after the update in pvp I find it hard to believe that warriors can be farm killed that easily or am I wrong?

If u feel that ur class is weak just try another class.
I love all 3 classes and I hate all their weaknesses depending on what class I play, so yea.., I feel u ^_^

Oh I have all three classes, I own two rouges and they are opp, there's no skill or challenge to 1-2 hitting people. ...that doesn't make u a great player, sorry :/ warrior right now takes most skill, heal ur team, protect them from gettinf hit, not be able to do a lot of damage, mana usage is utterly ridiculous, we sont get to stand back and push buttons..

As fsr as rip psycho, there's a few rouges who use it... if o had more str would be awesome

Darko
03-26-2013, 10:44 AM
The happiness boost for slag is insane. The movement speed boost is unneccesary imo.

Edit: How about a subtle change to Ripmaw? Maybe +20 str instead of 15?

Agree but 25-30... give us a good pet

hippl
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Hello?? Ripmaw is awesome. And I don't see a Mage or rogue using him
You would be surprised, but some rogues favors ripmaw and flapjack over all other pets in pvp. And mccraw.. is awful.

Darko
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
You would be surprised, but some rogues favors ripmaw and flapjack over all other pets in pvp. And mccraw.. is awful.

15dex, 10crit, 10 dodge 7 movement is awful? ?? :/

hippl
03-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Statwise, its cool. Played with it a lot in pve and pvp - mali better everywhere. Ofc, depends on your build and playstyle, but try it yourself, you will see. I think 10% damage now is better than 10% crit unless you have no aimed shot, so wrath, kettle, flap and loki also better than mccraw.

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 11:42 AM

Yes kind Sir, McCraw is trash. Not too long ago during to endless Tank rant era, Assassins were given a INT bonus (still don't understand) and Tanks received a whole computer page long revap. With the bonus Assassins changed their builds. With these builds that include ether going full INT or full DEX with a touch of Knowlegde passive McCraw brings almost every stat down except dodge and crit. This sarifice isnt favorable to most Pro Assassins I have ran with in elite dives. So, do like Assassins and Mages did when Tanks received all that attention...Say, hey...this update/addition/change isnt for my main toon, respec to survive and adapt to just another change in the game.

Edit: I do use my McCraw...on daily quests.

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, warriors certainly need a better pet. Because you know when I got my sorcerer with his colten pet and I come across a warrior in PvP with their lame pets, they turn and run the other way in fear because of my OP pet. Then I chase them and smash them down easy because of how underpowered they are.

Then I wake up from the dream and remember how it really is:

I come across warriors in PvP, I turn and run and they chase me down. As I'm running I do my best to stun them and unload everything I got on them but of course they know they will probably beat me so they continue to chase me and usually they will catch me and kill me like a fly being smashed into the ground.

Yeah, my OP pet sure does a lot of good there LOL. Warriors are just fine with the pets they have. :)

Darko
03-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Haha love ur comment energ...im actually talking about how op rouges are....and their pets...I agre mages need help too however, I pkayed with a group of all maged, pedmon rasi to name a few, their team of five mages ran through everybody, as a team mages are deadly...I love them as team mates. ...1 vs 1. Vs tank they can bes t unser equippes tanka but end gear tank yes will mostly win, im sas when I see u guys get one hit by rouge in a split second. Their damage output needs to come down, but now with this pet its thing up... so they lose health big deal when u cam kill everything on site... if they can equal a tanks health with specs, and medic, a tabk should be able to improve its damage and dps.... right now dps tank 207 tops, rouge 438 is highest ive seen.. now health, warrior 4100, rouge 2200-2800 ( a lot of end game pvpers have this build) we ahould have about 220-230 dps and baout 4400 health to equal out number difference

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Haha love ur comment energ...im actually talking about how op rouges are....and their pets...I agre mages need help too however, I pkayed with a group of all maged, pedmon rasi to name a few, their team of five mages ran through everybody, as a team mages are deadly...I love them as team mates. ...1 vs 1. Vs tank they can bes t unser equippes tanka but end gear tank yes will mostly win, im sas when I see u guys get one hit by rouge in a split second. Their damage output needs to come down, but now with this pet its thing up... so they lose health big deal when u cam kill everything on site... if they can equal a tanks health with specs, and medic, a tabk should be able to improve its damage and dps.... right now dps tank 207 tops, rouge 438 is highest ive seen.. now health, warrior 4100, rouge 2200-2800 ( a lot of end game pvpers have this build) we ahould have about 220-230 dps and baout 4400 health to equal out number difference

Two things Sir,

1) Refer to my post above

2) Spell check your post before sending.

*No evilness or sarcasm intended*

Genuinous
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Hmmm... I've spent the past 15 minutes looking at the two new pets and making a comparison. This comparison I think is more interesting and possible since both Slag and Glacian are to be rogue favorites (just like so many things in this expansion, yes yes rogue stuff i know). So in this comparison I'll look at benefits to rogues only, knowing that while glacian could be used for warriors and slag for mages, they are far from ideal for them.

Looking at happiness bonus:

-base stats
Glacian: 15 str, 15 dex, 75 mana
Slag: 30 dex, 10 int

Even though Glacian is the arcane pet it is worse than Slag with base numbers. Choosing Slag over Glacian will give you a net result of :
-75 hp
+25 mana
+~15 dps

-mana regen

Glacian does give you a nice mana regen of +8, however do not forget that the +10 int from Slag will not only land you more mana, but it'll count towards your mana regen as well. Sadly I do not know the relation between mana regen and int.

-% stat boosts

Glacian: 10% crit
Slag: 12% dmg, 10% movement speed

Some of you might think that 10% crit should favor Glacian, but you're wrong. If you are going for a crit build rogue, there are far better choices than Glacian for you. 12% dmg ad 10% movement speed is such an overkill on Slag, that it makes it the clear favorite in this comparison. 12% dmg is huge, especially if you look to combine it with the base dmg boost from 30 dex and 10 int on a rogue. Can't point out enough how huge this is.

Arcane Abilities

Glacian: 12 str, 12 dex, 15 int, +10% armor and small mana
Slag: Ignite and Panic (=DoT burning dmg and 2-3 second long stun with 100% stun rate)

Yes, Glacian's stats do look promising, but let's look at some less impressive pets:
Koko/Deary: 15 str, 15 dex, 15 int to all allies. Sounds familiar? Yes, the 10% armor boost is nice for a group, but as most rogues will have smoke for pve with larger armor boost and as ctf does not reward teamplay at the moment, this boost is a bit lost. If there was an incentive to boost other players in pvp, maybe this would sound nice, but in all reality, it's not that good.

Now look at Slag. Ignite is the strongest DoT dmg effect, and while I don't know the duration, it'll likely result in 150-200 dmg (estimate) dealt to all nearby opponents. Panic is a really strong stun, with 100% stun rate on Slag, resulting in 2-3 second long stun of ALL opponents in a quite extensive area. Even in pve, this would be favored for rogues, but in pvp this is a must. Since the stun immunity, most rogues have given up stunning ability and went with more dmg output based skills/pets. This pet will allow rogues to combine stun and dmg, turning it into a brutal combination, while adding DoT on top of it. So once again, Slag's ability is favored to Glacian's.

Note:Glacian will be more useful in pve (not working in pvp) with it's rooting normal attack in a future expansion, yet at the moment, this cannot really be considered, so I opted out comparing normal attacks.

Conclusion

And thus to conclude. While Glacian does provide improved mana regen and great team boosting arcane ability (usefulness questionable), in all other areas, especially if you are not looking at teamplay, but your own benefit Slag dominates this comparison!!! So I honestly don't understand why is Slag the mythic and Glacian the arcane pet?? Slag is such a huge favorite in almost every aspect, especially looking at pvp, that I don't really see why is Glacian that much more special. If I'm honest, Slag would be a much better and much more wanted pet, while a small nerf would make Glacian an ideal mythic one.

Feel like y'all confused some stats :)

Darko
03-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Two things Sir,

1) Refer to my post above

2) Spell check your post before sending.

*No evilness or sarcasm intended*

Lol my phones auto correct is deadly

Darko
03-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Hmmm... I've spent the past 15 minutes looking at the two new pets and making a comparison. This comparison I think is more interesting and possible since both Slag and Glacian are to be rogue favorites (just like so many things in this expansion, yes yes rogue stuff i know). So in this comparison I'll look at benefits to rogues only, knowing that while glacian could be used for warriors and slag for mages, they are far from ideal for them.

Looking at happiness bonus:

-base stats
Glacian: 15 str, 15 dex, 75 mana
Slag: 30 dex, 10 int

Even though Glacian is the arcane pet it is worse than Slag with base numbers. Choosing Slag over Glacian will give you a net result of :
-75 hp
+25 mana
+~15 dps

-mana regen

Glacian does give you a nice mana regen of +8, however do not forget that the +10 int from Slag will not only land you more mana, but it'll count towards your mana regen as well. Sadly I do not know the relation between mana regen and int.

-% stat boosts

Glacian: 10% crit
Slag: 12% dmg, 10% movement speed

Some of you might think that 10% crit should favor Glacian, but you're wrong. If you are going for a crit build rogue, there are far better choices than Glacian for you. 12% dmg ad 10% movement speed is such an overkill on Slag, that it makes it the clear favorite in this comparison. 12% dmg is huge, especially if you look to combine it with the base dmg boost from 30 dex and 10 int on a rogue. Can't point out enough how huge this is.

Arcane Abilities

Glacian: 12 str, 12 dex, 15 int, +10% armor and small mana
Slag: Ignite and Panic (=DoT burning dmg and 2-3 second long stun with 100% stun rate)

Yes, Glacian's stats do look promising, but let's look at some less impressive pets:
Koko/Deary: 15 str, 15 dex, 15 int to all allies. Sounds familiar? Yes, the 10% armor boost is nice for a group, but as most rogues will have smoke for pve with larger armor boost and as ctf does not reward teamplay at the moment, this boost is a bit lost. If there was an incentive to boost other players in pvp, maybe this would sound nice, but in all reality, it's not that good.

Now look at Slag. Ignite is the strongest DoT dmg effect, and while I don't know the duration, it'll likely result in 150-200 dmg (estimate) dealt to all nearby opponents. Panic is a really strong stun, with 100% stun rate on Slag, resulting in 2-3 second long stun of ALL opponents in a quite extensive area. Even in pve, this would be favored for rogues, but in pvp this is a must. Since the stun immunity, most rogues have given up stunning ability and went with more dmg output based skills/pets. This pet will allow rogues to combine stun and dmg, turning it into a brutal combination, while adding DoT on top of it. So once again, Slag's ability is favored to Glacian's.

Note:Glacian will be more useful in pve (not working in pvp) with it's rooting normal attack in a future expansion, yet at the moment, this cannot really be considered, so I opted out comparing normal attacks.

Conclusion

And thus to conclude. While Glacian does provide improved mana regen and great team boosting arcane ability (usefulness questionable), in all other areas, especially if you are not looking at teamplay, but your own benefit Slag dominates this comparison!!! So I honestly don't understand why is Slag the mythic and Glacian the arcane pet?? Slag is such a huge favorite in almost every aspect, especially looking at pvp, that I don't really see why is Glacian that much more special. If I'm honest, Slag would be a much better and much more wanted pet, while a small nerf would make Glacian an ideal mythic one.

Feel like y'all confused some stats :)
Great data....shoudknt glacian havr better stats than since its rarer? That and hanmerjaw need boosts imo

Natrich
03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
The sharks pale in comparison to the elementals. Expect a slight boost for the old pets or a slight nerf for the new ones

kingoburgo
03-26-2013, 01:51 PM
glacian hammerjaw and ripmaw require serious buff, arcane pets doesn't sound like arcane at all. Look arcane hooks - that's the arcane item

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Lol my phones auto correct is deadly

Lol, cool. Just letting you know I'm not trying to rag on you.

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM

Yes, mages as a team can be really good if they all got lifegiver because we can keep healing eachother and refilling mana, plus we all got stuns and AoE skills, so we can fight another group very effectively. Where mages are bad is when we are left alone and have to fend for ourselves 1-on-1.

Oraceanid
03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
I bought the shark ripmaw when it was just released. As a warrior I think it is really poor. Its only good for knocking down enemies. Now that I look back the price vs gain its simply not worth it and SS needs to do better in quantifying these pets especially if you are going to spend so much (feels like being robbed). Strength poor, man regen/health same as Flap Jack which has 15 % damage while shark gives measly 3% reduction in damage. As a said its arcane ability gives you a chance to run away from a fight or a chance to rearm/refuel. They need to test and play with the pets before they release and attached hefty price tag onto them. Yep it looks cool jumping through the ground but that's about it.

Jexetta
03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Good review Energizeric,

And I know this was already discussed that the arcane ability seems negligible for Glacian - but one thing that is left out is the arcane ability reset time and the time buff for the ability. In the player guides Glacian's ability is listed as being active for 10 seconds. I don't know what the refresh time is but using Malison as a comparison the refresh time on his arcane ability is 15 seconds. If that's the case 66% of the time people walking around with Glacian (if they constantly hit the arcane ability) they will have the following stat boosts :

+10% Crit, +27 STR, +27 DEX, +12 INT, +75 Mana, and +8 Mana Regen

Those stats are pretty good - and it's a group buff. Overall the user gets 270 health base on the strength alone and any boost from the secondary stat boost based on class. I don't think the 10 second buff time can be overlooked.

Theholyangel
03-26-2013, 03:13 PM
1 thing to say to this, warriors and mages are screwed. Rogues are already the most powerful class, and with 850 armor and 4.2k hp, one crit aimed shot nails me over 40% of my life, with this addition to a good rogues stats, they'll be able to kill people with ease furthermore, and run away when things get rough in pvp with ease. As well as, make their enemy easier to kill and weaker. Rogues can already 1 shot a mage without a shield up, and use a matter of three skills to kill even an elite pvp warrior. Just stating, its quite unfair already for other classes besides rogues. With this new addition to this pet, it'll be even harder for the other classes in Pvp.

Jed
03-26-2013, 04:05 PM
"slag" that made me giggle inside
I might want to get on those free plat offers. Doubtful I'll be able to get 250 though.

also
ROUGES ARE OP OMG NERF ROUGE BUFF WIZZARDS

wawawa64
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Cry more please. There is +30 STR pet and two +30 INT pets. It's time..

it's time? maybe make slag +30 DEX and 7% movement and that's it (a Hazel version for Rogue), see who's crying then.

Comparing Hazel with Slag is just .... wrong. Although Hazel is so much cheaper, Slag is just way too OP especially when ripmaw cost the same.

While I agree mage's pets Clyde and Colton are both nice, but who's complaining about mage being OP =) ?

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 04:23 PM
1 thing to say to this, warriors and mages are screwed. Rogues are already the most powerful class, and with 850 armor and 4.2k hp, one crit aimed shot nails me over 40% of my life, with this addition to a good rogues stats, they'll be able to kill people with ease furthermore, and run away when things get rough in pvp with ease. As well as, make their enemy easier to kill and weaker. Rogues can already 1 shot a mage without a shield up, and use a matter of three skills to kill even an elite pvp warrior. Just stating, its quite unfair already for other classes besides rogues. With this new addition to this pet, it'll be even harder for the other classes in Pvp.

Sir,

When game expansions come to light its maps, bosses and stories that are added to AL. What's not added is more PVP maps. PVP is an addtional mini game within AL and is proving to be not the main focus. Saying that, if you told me you wouldn't love being in a party with a Pro Assassin that has this pet that would be a lie. If PVP is YOUR focus...cool. Instead of requesting the Assassin class as a whole to be nerfed, you should ask for the pet to be nerfed while in PVP area. This is about gamplay in the main focus of AL and that main focus is PVE.

Theholyangel
03-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Sir,

When game expansions come to light its maps, bosses and stories that are added to AL. What's not added is more PVP maps. PVP is an addtional mini game within AL and is proving to be not the main focus. Saying that, if you told me you wouldn't love being in a party with a Pro Assassin that has this pet that would be a lie. If PVP is YOUR focus...cool. Instead of requesting the Assassin class as a whole to be nerfed, you should ask for the pet to be nerfed while in PVP area. This is about gamplay in the main focus of AL and that main focus is PVE.

Good point, then that should be so. Many people of ALs' main focus of pvp, we just do not lurk the forums as most others do to post our opinions as much..

Samhayne
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Based in part on user feedback, Slag has had his statistics updated. The intent with Slag the Fire Elemental was not to be a "Rogue" pet, but a viable pet for anyone who's interested in dealing damage.

Thread closed: Please continue the discussion here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91458-Ripmaw-Replaced-by-Slag-the-Fire-Elemental-on-Thursday-Comparison