PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Free Plat Offers...

Oskitopee
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I feel kind of guilty doing surveys to get free plat because I feel like i'm cheating StS out of money. How exactly do they get compensated for the plat i get? I know, Sts put it out there for us to use. But still, I want to know.

Lowlyspy
03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
The survey makers pay sts for allowing them to show their survey in sts' games. Think of it more like the survey makers are paying for the plat.

tHelonestud
03-25-2013, 05:21 PM
the owners of the offering system probably pays spacetime a set amount for agreeing to use it
the individual apps/offers pay that system what ever they are now, used to be tapjoy
anyways you aren't really cheating them when you aren't getting any new content

MrKrone
03-25-2013, 05:24 PM
i think it goes along the lines of general advertising. tapjoy and that other company pay sts a little each month/year to appear ingame. sts also gets a tiny bit each time a free plat transaction is verified.

dont quote me on this though D:

kcimythgim
03-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Companies pay survey companies to find out information about people and use that information to more effectively advertise. Kinda like the way McDonald's spends millions of dollars each year to find out statistics like the type you give out in surveys to decide where to build a new restaurant. The survey company pays STS to have their surveys for free plat.