PDA

View Full Version : Need a new guild....

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 03:58 AM
There seemed to be a mass exodus from Arcane Fellowship tonight after our GM announced that he was leaving AL for a while. I've never seen it so quiet in the guild chat since I joined. So I think it's time for me to find a new guild....

I'd like one that is large, preferably with lots of end game players, and lots of players who do both PvP & PvE. Any suggestions?

For those that don't know me I'm a Lvl26 Sorcerer with all top gear and I'm currently on the leaderboards in a couple of categories. :)

inkredible
03-26-2013, 04:16 AM
try DM? theyre talkative and friendly, i think phoenix might be pretty good too, if i were to switch tho id deff go for DM.. and well or phoenix.. just cuz of a few people

Greencrow
03-26-2013, 04:18 AM
Vys is leaving ?

LwMark
03-26-2013, 04:46 AM
Everyone always say they leave then dont or just follow the trend *cough* mystical *cough* then wen new cap come back boom playinnnnnn, wash rinse repeat, but lerk forums

Edit:

Idk but i just removed all my alts from AF aswell :/

Caiahar
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
I currently have a guild, "Friendship".....

Rare
03-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Second time in as many weeks it seems. When the guild master takes time off, its never a good thing for the guild. Unless its left in good hands.

Greencrow
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
I currently have a guild, "Friendship".....

Nice.

Darko
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Here at vengeance we don't have that issue we have four leaders, me, Rutherford, cero, and hyun... and rotate gm based on our availability, your always welcome here. ..weve been guild since sl, through, dl, and now al. ...we have solid core group that you'll never worry about breaking apart, pm us if your on....assaf or rasi are good contacts as well

Lalarie
03-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Ik but your likely welcomed at <Looty Toons> Really active, lots of farming too. Oh and we a lot of AF members too!

Vystirch
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Vys is leaving ?

No I am not quitting AL, all I've said is that I am retiring as GM and retiring AF.

Second time in as many weeks it seems. When the guild master takes time off, its never a good thing for the guild. Unless its left in good hands.

Thats one of the reasons I had to retire the name, I was basically gone all the time and couldn't give it the attentions due. I still have the guild name on an alt an may one day resurrect it, but idk. I think it was the right choice. All the other officers agreed with me.

-Vys

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
No I am not quitting AL, all I've said is that I am retiring as GM and retiring AF.

Thats one of the reasons I had to retire the name, I was basically gone all the time and couldn't give it the attentions due. I still have the guild name on an alt an may one day resurrect it, but idk. I think it was the right choice. All the other officers agreed with me.

-Vys

Hope this isn't associated with the issue we talked about awhile back. Anyways, sorry it has come to this. As a GM, it's sad to see such a big guild come to a hault. Looked up to AF in some ways.

Zojak
03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Vanquish has open recruitment. If anybody needs a new home you're all very welcome to join!

Vystirch
03-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Hope this isn't associated with the issue we talked about awhile back. Anyways, sorry it has come to this. As a GM, it's sad to see such a big guild come to a hault. Looked up to AF in some ways.

It is in no way connected to that. The reasons I retired the guild are:

-I didn't have time to run it.
-AF was past it's prime (s2 was it's best days)
-AF served it's purpose in making all it's members a family/fellowship.
-AF has a huge enough legacy to have burn slowly in the future.

Ik many many people are saddened that it is retired. But I feel that AF making it to the Oldest guild in AL and being known by everyone is a good place for the name to retire. Who knows, as I might resurrect the name when I am not busy irl. I will still be around and willing to help anyone who needs ideas/help starting/maintaining a guild.

Cya around,
-Vys

Deformity
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Meh what happen :(

I think we need to form new guild, start fresh with old member and invite high level only. If you guys form new guild with awesome name I might join...

For now I'm going freelanced...

Will miss AF... see ya around in the game :)

Mysticaleagle
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Vanquish has open recruitment. If anybody needs a new home you're all very welcome to join!

<3.

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Ik but your likely welcomed at <Looty Toons> Really active, lots of farming too. Oh and we a lot of AF members too!

I'll pass on this one. Although a number of my friends are in this guild, a couple of your officers apparently just don't like me for whatever reason. Perhaps it's because I'm a merchant. I really don't know why, but they have made it very clear and I'm not going to join a guild run by players who are going to give me a hard time and be rude to me when I have done nothing to them.

Mysticaleagle
03-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I'll pass on this one. Although a number of my friends are in this guild, a couple of your officers apparently just don't like me for whatever reason. Perhaps it's because I'm a merchant. I really don't know why, but they have made it very clear and I'm not going to join a guild run by players who are going to give me a hard time and be rude to me when I have done nothing to them.

I'd say,

Vanquish, Friendship, Sons of Jarl or Arcane Pirates Yarr. Best guilds I know so far. Oh, best guilds in friendship and kindness, not in pro-ness.

Lalarie
03-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd say,

Vanquish, Friendship, Sons of Jarl or Arcane Pirates Yarr. Best guilds I know so far. Oh, best guilds in friendship and kindness, not in pro-ness.

:o you mentioned my guild *blush*

Mysticaleagle
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
:o you mentioned my guild *blush*

Because it's true. I honestly think Arcane Pirates Yarr is the best guild in game.
Why? Cause a guild is supposed to be a family, a place to enjoy, to meet friends, to play with them, be nice, help each others, stay together, all these things of friendship and kindness. Arcane Pirates Yarr is all of these. Most of the guilds in Arcane Legends are for ''be the best, the biggest and let's be pro more than others'' (example, what Hall of Fame was before). This, I find it lame and i'd call it an Anarchist Church (which makes no sense, and which is the complete description of these guilds). :p

Lalarie
03-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Because it's true. I honestly think Arcane Pirates Yarr is the best guild in game.
Why? Cause a guild is supposed to be a family, a place to enjoy, to meet friends, to play with them, be nice, help each others, stay together, all these things of friendship and kindness. Arcane Pirates Yarr is all of these. Most of the guilds in Arcane Legends are for ''be the best, the biggest and let's be pro more than others'' (example, what Hall of Fame was before). This, I find it lame and i'd call it an Anarchist Church (which makes no sense, and which is the complete description of these guilds). :p

Aw thanks, that makes me want to bring back Apy, I will not let it die!

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm basically looking for the following out of a guild:

1) Fairly busy with the guild chat, meaning there are lots of players online at most times of the day. Once you only have 5 or fewer players online it gets really quiet.

2) Enough end game players where they do elite runs quite often. Where you can say in the guild chat "anyone want to do elite south seas?" and you likely will get some players respond that they are interested.

3) Same as #2 but with PvP. It's nice to be able to say in the guild chat "Need some help here in PvP" and have one or two guild members join the team to help out.

4) Since I'm a merchant, I tend to offer really good deals to guild members especially if I get an item cheap. So it's nice to have a decent audience for this and not only a couple players online at a given time. I also take requests so if a guild member is looking for a specific item at a certain price, I can keep an eye out for it and can usually get it for them. A couple of people in AF apparently did not like that I was a merchant and seemed to have a bias towards merchants in general blaming me for driving up prices. So whatever guild I join has to be ok with this.

Mysticaleagle
03-26-2013, 12:04 PM

1) Fairly busy with the guild chat, meaning there are lots of players online at most times of the day. Once you only have 5 or fewer players online it gets really quiet.

2) Enough end game players where they do elite runs quite often. Where you can say in the guild chat "anyone want to do elite south seas?" and you likely will get some players respond that they are interested.

3) Same as #2 but with PvP. It's nice to be able to say in the guild chat "Need some help here in PvP" and have one or two guild members join the team to help out.

4) Since I'm a merchant, I tend to offer really good deals to guild members especially if I get an item cheap. So it's nice to have a decent audience for this and not only a couple players online at a given time. I also take requests so if a guild member is looking for a specific item at a certain price, I can keep an eye out for it and can usually get it for them. A couple of people in AF apparently did not like that I was a merchant and seemed to have a bias towards merchants in general blaming me for driving up prices. So whatever guild I join has to be ok with this.

You're asking a bit too much, heh? --'

Try Deviant Misfits for these..

EDIT: Hall of Fame, Sons of Jarl or Deviant Misfits would fit you.

Vystirch
03-26-2013, 12:20 PM

It seems the main thing u know u want but havnt stressed is a (family) number 1 mentions it. But you should try to join the guild where u feel at home. This makes me feel rly bad as AF was a home for most of you.

Rare
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
It seems the main thing u know iwantbeer but havnt stressed is a (family) number 1 mentions it. But you should try to join the guild where u feel at home. This makes me feel rly bad as AF was a home for most of you.

LOL... Wait. Energizeric is Iwantbeer?

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 12:28 PM
LOL... Wait. Energizeric is Iwantbeer?

No, I don't have any alts. And not sure who Iwantbeer is either?? :confused:

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Try Deviant Misfits for these..

Yeah, I was thinking I may join DM (if they will have me that is). I know quite a few members there and it is apparently a large guild like AF was.

Rare
03-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I was thinking I may join DM (if they will have me that is). I know quite a few members there and it is apparently a large guild like AF was.

Very large. Very active. Very experienced. I'm pretty much the only noob.

inkredible
03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
no i am not quitting al, all i've said is that i am retiring as gm and retiring af.

Thats one of the reasons i had to retire the name, i was basically gone all the time and couldn't give it the attentions due. I still have the guild name on an alt an may one day resurrect it, but idk. I think it was the right choice. All the other officers agreed with me.

-vys

awwwwwww :(

Vystirch
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
No, I don't have any alts. And not sure who Iwantbeer is either?? :confused:

Lol. That's the weirdest typo ever! Haha, going back to edit.

Azepeiete
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Deviant misfits! Friendly, active, and we do elite farming and pvp all day(all time zomes) if you accept my friend request I could hook you up with a recruiter/officer.

Ign: Azepeiete

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Deviant misfits! Friendly, active, and we do elite farming and pvp all day(all time zomes) if you accept my friend request I could hook you up with a recruiter/officer.

Ign: Azepeiete

Ok great, I'm at work now but will go online during my break to accept your friend request. :)

Caiahar
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM

I'm trying to make my guild like that....

Alhuntrazeck
03-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Ok. my friend, peehobe, has created a new guild. we're recruiting all lvls (might be a req later on) and since its extremely new, we started with 1 or 2 AF players. It would rock if u could join, Energizer, but our guild is a more carefree and casual one, not hardcore pvp, etc.

Limsi
03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Iwantbeer is CosmoKramer!

Drizzt Lee
03-26-2013, 09:37 PM

What i understood was ur "really good guild discounts" is a merely a couple of grand off the lowest price on auction rather than a really good deal, thus it makes some irritated coz u still "trying to earn" off ur guild members with your constant advertisements on guild chat.

Example of a really good deal

Aliz sold Nagaah at a start of kraken expansion a clever flame rod of assault for 600k while it was so rare at the time that it could have sold for a 2-3m maybe?

Example of a not so attractive deal

So and so item on auction for 189999 gold, and I try to sell u mine for 185000 gold. 4999 savings isn't huge at all and it make people feel that I'm trying earn off them.

blakadder
03-27-2013, 06:20 AM

don't try... make it a good environment to be in, friendship and camaraderie is what you need to establish, the rest comes naturally with it

Caiahar
03-27-2013, 07:42 AM

don't try... make it a good environment to be in, friendship and camaraderie is what you need to establish, the rest comes naturally with it

No one is wanting to join. Ill just delete it....

Spicy1
03-27-2013, 08:15 AM
What i understood was ur "really good guild discounts" is a merely a couple of grand off the lowest price on auction rather than a really good deal, thus it makes some irritated coz u still "trying to earn" off ur guild members with your constant advertisements on guild chat.

Example of a really good deal

Aliz sold Nagaah at a start of kraken expansion a clever flame rod of assault for 700k while it was so rare at the time that it could have sold for a 2-3m maybe?

Example of a not so attractive deal

So and so item on auction for 189999 gold, and I try to sell u mine for 185000 gold. 4999 savings isn't huge at all and it make people feel that I'm trying earn off them.

Fixed ;) But yeah it was a good deal for Nagaah :) I dont like being greedy towards guild members or friends. I sold malison to a guildie just before the expansion for 60k, even though it was possible its price would skyrocket like it did.

Aniscater
03-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I sold malison to a guildie just before the expansion for 60k, even though it was possible its price would skyrocket like it did.

For 50k, remember?;)

Lalarie
03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
No one is wanting to join. Ill just delete it....

No don't. Don't give up bro, all guilds start out like that. Just keep trying.

GoodSyntax
03-27-2013, 12:15 PM
You would be welcomed at <The Darkside>.

We have a lot of end-gamers, and we do a lot of elite farming. We could certainly take advantage of your merching skills to unload all of the booty!

We aren't so heavily invested into PvP, but there are a handful of us who are extremely active in end-game PvP, and a few who are on the leaderboards as well.

I also run guild contests regularly and having known you in PL, I'm sure you would be a welcome addition to the guild.

So, now that the sales pitch is out of the way, I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with your guild. I've always respected you and a bunch of your guildmates, so it's saddening to see everything falling apart.

Even if you don't choose us, I'm sure you will land in a good spot.

Best of Luck!

Kalizza