PDA

View Full Version : Ripmaw Replaced by Slag the Fire Elemental on Thursday - Comparison - UPDATED!

Samhayne
03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Preface: Based in part on user feedback to the original thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91327-Ripmaw-Replaced-by-Slag-the-Fire-Elemental-on-Thursday Slag has had his statistics updated. The intent with Slag the Fire Elemental was not to be a "Rogue" pet, but a viable pet for anyone who's interested in dealing damage.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26815&d=1364249741

In an update coming on Thrusday, March 28th, Ripmaw will be replaced in the Stable with Slag the Fire Elemental. If you're thinking about which pet might be better for your playstyle, here are the stats for each pet at level 1 and level 26.

In general, Ripmaw is a pet that helps with survive-ability and sustain-ability. Slag the Fire Elemental is more of a damage pet with big + DMG.

Ripmaw at level 1
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26811&d=1364249421

Ripmaw at level 26
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26812&d=1364249434

Slag the Fire Elemental at level 1

Slag the Fire Elemental at level 26

Bootydots
03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
OMG thankyou for making this a good pet for sorc's!

Natrich
03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Now I want it, good job guys :)

Genuinous
03-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Great change guys, looking like a lovely overall pet :)

Natrich
03-26-2013, 04:42 PM
It looks like a pretty fitting flagger pet lol. Maybe moreso than ripmaw :)

Faliziaga
03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Hmm

Taigah
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Whyyy? What's wrong with giving rogues a great pet?
Ofc.. It's a nice pet anyway, but I've missed a real rogue pet for some time..

Atm there's no pet that gives 30 dex, but there's pets that give 30 int and 30 str if I remember correct..

Looking forward to this pet anyway, but tbh I got a little dissapointed after first reading the first post you made about it..

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Dissappointed

Stabbetha
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Well that saved me 250 plat so thanks I guess :)

Rare
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Ugh

Stabbetha
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Also to say never intended to be a rouge pet seems a bit crazy - you know rogues would benefit more than other classes due to 30 dex, fair enough you've changed your mind but clearly it WAS originally aimed at rouges :)

Loving the game btw keep up the good work

FluffNStuff
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
The problem with us Rogues is we are to quick to adapt and fight on. We need to form a whiners union like the Warriors have to do some lobbying for us. Ahh, sounds boring, I'm gonna go kill something.

Mysticaleagle
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Why change it? It would have made me come back since it would have been awesome to FINALLY get a 30 Dex pet. Nvm, back to OC.

JaytB
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
I was totally going to buy the pet with the original stats. I honestly don't see the point anymore. It's sad that people whining on the forums can now nerf stuff before it's actually released.

Now we get a Mythic pet that adds less overal stats than for example Malison, except for the Dmg part (and speed boost). Since +dmg isn't even visual in my stats page, due to a months old bug, stats will even look worse as compared to using Malison. And yeah I know, it's supposed to be 'just' a visual bug.

I hope the above didn't sound like a rant, I'm just trying to express my disappointment with the current stats. I might give the new pet a shot if I can actually see the effects of +Dmg in my stats page. For now, I'll just stick with my trusty old Malison.

jtst
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Wooohooo! 250plat economy! Mali is still the best pet for rogue. Disappointed and glad in the same moment.
Previous stats were OP to even ARCANE pets. Now arcane are faaar better
Looking forward to fight mages and warriors with Slag :)

Zuzeq
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
A Kettle clone with Mythic ability is worth eh...80-90plat right?

Taigah
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
The more I think about it, the more dissapointed I get..

From what I've read earlier, you always fall for the whining from the tanks..

I'm not much of a pvp'er, as I enjoy pve a lot more playing with my friends and such. With that being said, I'm not at all badly geared, nor badly specced, and I've met warriors every single time I've pvp'ed that has killed me ASAP, or at least pulled me back to the group they run with resulting in my death. And I've never been able to kill a warrior in pvp, maybe it's just me doing everything wrong, or them being extremely well geared. (As I said, haven't pvp'ed much).. :P
I also have a warrior, also for pve, but not as good geared as my rogue.. I've been amazed all the way from lvl 1 on the warriors survivability, dmg and overall stats and skills, and with the pretty good pets for warriors being cheap to get.. Warriors are kinda overpowered in pve, but they're ment to be tanks, I think, so thank god they survive :P

Also, with my warrior I always have time to spend some health pots when in danger, but with my rogue I get killed so fast it's not possible to pop enough pots to survive..
(btw, is there a bug with this when playing on tablet/phone? seems pots lag so much they are not being popped before you die sometimes :P)
When rogues had the bugged lifethief, we could at least get down the mobs while popping pots without being killed in seconds if tank died. Now all we can do is run run run unless we have myth helm, hooks and sealord of will, and not to forget the bis jewels..
Yes, ok, a BIS equipped rogue is awesome, but there's really not that many of them out there as it's close to impossible to get the myth helmet and the hooks without spending a serious amount of real $$ on platinum.. Next-BIS rogues on the other hand, have like 60+ less dps to compare.. And around 2k hp compared to 2.5k.. And less armor.. etc etc etc..

Buuuhuuu the warriors don't get insane amounts of mana anymore, but really? Every class needs mana, and only sorcerors and warriors has an ability that can give them mana..

I think you should reconsider this change, and instead maybe give ripmaw some love and let him also stay as a platinum available pet for new players to get.. And sure, go on starting to make a mage pet so I can buy that for my mage later too ;)

Jackyll
03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
This is garbage. you change this pet because people complained enough but you won't change warriors back when we all complained? you keep changing things because one class complains about the other when I was told before by staff members to try it out before jumping to conclusion. well I did try it out and it came to the same conclusion as before. why not release this pet as it was and see what it does before nerfing it before it was even released. what all the warriors fail to remember is we get a boost from DEX and INT too. having +30 dex on a warrior, he can crit SO much and might even bring windmill back to being OP. More INT means I wouldn't have to have my passive INT with any points and can use those points else where. Also having +30 DEX you'd see a drop in price on grace gear in CS because it wouldn't be needed. yeah the pet is good for rouge but it's also good for warriors too. you guys need to change it back to the original stats and treat everyone equally. If you're going to tell me to try it first before i jump to that conclusion then tell that to everyone else. NO ONE KNOWS EXACTLY HOW THESE STATS WILL EFFECT THEM UNTIL IT IS EQUIPPED. THEY DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE ALGORITHM IN THE CODE, THEY ARE MEARLY SPECULATING.

Everyone on the forums knows how hard i fought against the VB/windmill nerf so you know i'm more warrior and anything (my warrior is still on LB and i haven't played him longer than 10 mins since update) but since then I've made a rogue and noticed issues as well. but these issues are overshadowed because I KNOW HOW TO PLAY AND GEAR TOWARDS MY STATS NOT JUST MAKING (as Sam said) A COOKIE CUTTER BUILD.

Slag would have been a great pet for Rogue and Warrior. The stats now are still descent for both classes, but i was honestly EXCITED to play AL again when i saw this pet before. Now I'm just disappointed that yet again STS dangles something great in front of their players and takes it away at the last minute.

Taigah
03-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I was totally going to buy the pet with the original stats. I honestly don't see the point anymore. It's sad that people whining on the forums can now nerf stuff before it's actually released.

Now we get a Mythic pet that adds less overal stats than for example Malison, except for the Dmg part (and speed boost). Since +dmg isn't even visual in my stats page, due to a months old bug, stats will even look worse as compared to using Malison. And yeah I know, it's supposed to be 'just' a visual bug.

I hope the above didn't sound like a rant, I'm just trying to express my disappointment with the current stats. I might give the new pet a shot if I can actually see the effects of +Dmg in my stats page. For now, I'll just stick with my trusty old Malison.

What he said!
I already had the platinum ready, guess I'll spend it on other stuff instead..

Taigah
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
This is garbage. you change this pet because people complained enough but you won't change warriors back when we all complained? you keep changing things because one class complains about the other when I was told before by staff members to try it out before jumping to conclusion. well I did try it out and it came to the same conclusion as before. why not release this pet as it was and see what it does before nerfing it before it was even released. what all the warriors fail to remember is we get a boost from DEX and INT too. having +30 dex on a warrior, he can crit SO much and might even bring windmill back to being OP. More INT means I wouldn't have to have my passive INT with any points and can use those points else where. Also having +30 DEX you'd see a drop in price on grace gear in CS because it wouldn't be needed. yeah the pet is good for rouge but it's also good for warriors too. you guys need to change it back to the original stats and treat everyone equally. If you're going to tell me to try it first before i jump to that conclusion then tell that to everyone else. NO ONE KNOWS EXACTLY HOW THESE STATS WILL EFFECT THEM UNTIL IT IS EQUIPPED. THEY DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE ALGORITHM IN THE CODE, THEY ARE MEARLY SPECULATING.

Everyone on the forums knows how hard i fought against the VB/windmill nerf so you know i'm more warrior and anything (my warrior is still on LB and i haven't played him longer than 10 mins since update) but since then I've made a rogue and noticed issues as well. but these issues are overshadowed because I KNOW HOW TO PLAY AND GEAR TOWARDS MY STATS NOT JUST MAKING (as Sam said) A COOKIE CUTTER BUILD.

Slag would have been a great pet for Rogue and Warrior. The stats now are still descent for both classes, but i was honestly EXCITED to play AL again when i saw this pet before. Now I'm just disappointed that yet again STS dangles something great in front of their players and takes it away at the last minute.

What he said too!

Come on STS! If you're not beta testing the stuff you make in-game, then don't announce/release it! SIGH!

octavos
03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
LMFAO....grr those rage postings make changes XD (my kind of ppl..wanna join Rage of Mages?!?!)..how about mage love eh?!?!, anyway on a brighter note..make him arcane...and we have a deal..even with changes. (300 plat)

Khylan
03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Please consider giving the same love to Ripmaw while you are at it, adding +15 int/dex on top of the +15 str would really increase the viability of Ripmaw and probably sell you quite a few over the next two days!

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I liked the original stats, and I like the new stats so either way I'll get it. As for rogue pets, how about McCraw? He adds Dex, Crit, Dodge, and Speed -- all the most important things for a rogue. I use him sometimes as a sorcerer, but for a rogue he is really OP.

jtst
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
I liked the original stats, and I like the new stats so either way I'll get it. As for rogue pets, how about McCraw? He adds Dex, Crit, Dodge, and Speed -- all the most important things for a rogue. I use him sometimes as a sorcerer, but for a rogue he is really OP.

it's not OP! McCraw is a fail

Arcanee
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Yay yall added 10 sth I think its fair (:

Kaukis
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Well thanks i was gonna shell out the dough for it now not so much.

Usagravi
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Huh. I was really looking forward to a 30 dex pet; guess I'll keep waiting.

Laevateinn
03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
I would compare him to Kettle, not Malison. Slag is practically Kettle with a paint job and a new price tag now.

what all the warriors fail to remember is we get a boost from DEX and INT too. having +30 dex on a warrior, he can crit SO much and might even bring windmill back to being OP.

Also, the warriors out there might like to know that the new +10 STR actually gives half the damage boost of the missing +15 DEX. So.. hooray for "anyone interested in dealing damage"..?

earhole
03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
So many whiners. Ripmaw that is supposedly for warriors only gives 15 str.

Vystirch
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Mmmm, come on give each class a 30stat pet of mythic rarity for each campaign. I mean come on... We gonna get 3 average for all classes pets for each campaign?...

JaytB
03-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Mmmm, come on give each class a 30stat pet of mythic rarity for each campaign. I mean come on... We gonna get 3 average for all classes pets for each campaign?...

I agree. I was super existed when I saw the original stats. +15 is a value that was a lot a few caps ago, but as the cap will rise soon again those +15 numbers will mean even less in overal stats.

On top if that, I don't even know if the +12%dmg is even worth it since it has been a visual bug for many months. I can imagine that it add +12% to my Damage stat, but what exactly does that mean for my skill damage? As long as that's not clear, I don't feel like buying a 250plat pet that adds a stat that can't even be checked right while adding only low averages in the other stats.

Bejo
03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
i think even for sorcerer and warrior the old stat is better than the new one since dex give damage boost for both warrior and sorcerer. but never mind they still change it up any way.

Limsi
03-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Back to malison, spending the plat on crates.

Jellowpy
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Ouch i was planning on buying one for my farming rogue and one for my Zero death rogue ... Now this haha saved me 500 plat i was really excited for thurs to come haha anyway atleast i wont be buyin plat to get 2 of this pet i really liked the first Set of stats but ow ill just stick with malison =)

JaytB
03-26-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm still hoping STS will listen to more feedback and increase the str, dex, int values just a little more. Make them on par with malison for example. At least that would give us a pet that can be used on all classes and is actually worth the 250plat asking price.

I'm sure people will still buy it, but I'm also convinced many more sales could be made if the stats were adjusted a bit more.

It's just too big of a nerf as compared to what was first posted and, IMO, stats-wise not worthy of being called a new mythic pet. I believe they should be in line with other mythic items like helms and give a better overal stat increase and not be a trade off between stats as it currently is planned for release.

At least that's my opinion about it.

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 11:40 PM
it's not OP! McCraw is a fail

How is McCraw a fail? He gives all of the stats that a rogue would desire. You say you want 30 DEX, but 15 DEX + 10 crit + 10 dodge is way better than 30 DEX. The main stats you get from dex is crit & dodge, and this gives you way more crit and dodge than an extra 15 DEX would.

It would be like if instead of colton giving 30 INT, he gave 15 INT + 800 mana. Trust me, I would take that instead in a second. My damage would drop by like 4 points (2% drop?) and my survivability would go way up as I'd have about 25% more mana.

10% extra crit and 10% extra dodge is way better than whatever little amount of damage you lose by not having an extra 15 DEX.

JaytB
03-26-2013, 11:49 PM
How is McCraw a fail? He gives all of the stats that a rogue would desire. You say you want 30 DEX, but 15 DEX + 10 crit + 10 dodge is way better than 30 DEX. The main stats you get from dex is crit & dodge, and this gives you way more crit and dodge than an extra 15 DEX would.

It would be like if instead of colton giving 30 INT, he gave 15 INT + 800 mana. Trust me, I would take that instead in a second. My damage would drop by like 4 points (2% drop?) and my survivability would go way up as I'd have about 25% more mana.

10% extra crit and 10% extra dodge is way better than whatever little amount of damage you lose by not having an extra 15 DEX.

It's fairly useless for elite farming because it doesn't add a lot of dex, no int and no str. It might crank up crit and dodge but, since the latest changes, the huge sacrifice in survivability isn't worth the relatively little increase in dmg output.

At least that's my experience with McCraw vs for example Malison during countless elite runs.

kixkaxx
03-26-2013, 11:50 PM
hammerjaw and ripmaw both had regens.. but this one doesnt. didnt complain because of the stats 30dex and 10 ints.. but if u guys gonna change the stats.. put regens too.. deal? like +8 for hp and mana regen

Faliziaga
03-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Is this part of your marketing strategy, announcing a product, waiting for user feedback and then changing it to mediocrity?

Darko
03-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Sts, humbly appreciate you listening to feedback...I have some feedback for others as well.... warriors 30+ pet is a flagrunner, that's it..., I love ss a warrior I can now inflict more damage. .. Maybe warrior vs warrior won't be as lame. ..also regarding damage. .. each class has different stats..+ 30 dex doesn't do the same damage as it does to rouge for example....a rouge can put 100% str and get 4000 health... (100dps lol) a warrior if he puts 100% in dex we don't get more damage or dps, it actually drops... dodge and crit only increase, also 30 dex will give same exact numbers for warrior as 10 str...for example with granite 25+ dex I have 174.9 damage, 196.7 dps..with the jack +5 str. Ihave exact same stats, 174.9, 196.7...so no we didnt lose damage... what they did was make it so warrior and mage can do more damage and not make this such a rouge op pet....cause 30 dex to a rouge. Is only about 10 str to warrior stats wise....(we just showed 25 dex equals 5 str) its not about whining though, sts tests and retests thinfs with their own toons obviously they saw something op with it... also there are other pets coming out in expansion rouge should have 30+ dex pet, warriors need a better 30+ pet cause hazel doesn't hack it... I would like to see some lesser known pets like snoball get awesome passives at higher level.. make a reason to level all pets. ...how this pet was for rougw was like making a warrior pet with 30+ str, 80+ armor, 15% damage 8health regan, +4 incomibg damage, with mana arcane. ...that would be an op pet and not fair.. good changes sts

Iphoneington
03-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Good change :)

Dervy
03-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Imo this is unfair.. 30str hazel for wars is superb.. ive seen good wars who uses it..
Windmill + hazel will kill rouges without gving it a room to regen or move fast to get his/her hp packs.. with the axe throw + hazel abilty + cripple on windmill? Goodluck on getting ur heal packs rouges!!

Colton and d white monkey has 30ints..
Colton mainly has 30int + 10% dmge arcne ablty is a 15% crit.. i mean this is op ardy.. but ddnt hear frm rouges whine bout this..
Coz mages imo needed it coz they lack def & hp before..

No how bout rouges? Yes rouges has high dmge output.. but was it considered that d 2 class has shields? I mean they hve invulnerability for 2 secs and dmge reduction.. imo thats d counterpart alrdy of rouges hving high dmge.. 25 dex with granite was imo useless.. coz it only adds dmge and a bit of dps.. so mali s still dbest pet for rouges imo.. now 30 dex and 10int that wud be more usable pet than mali..

D whole point is y bck out for rouges to hve +30 dex? Wen d 2 classes hve one?

Akaee
03-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Guess i dont have to buy extra plat now :-D

Darko
03-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Imo this is unfair.. 30str hazel for wars is superb.. ive seen good wars who uses it..
Windmill + hazel will kill rouges without gving it a room to regen or move fast to get his/her hp packs.. with the axe throw + hazel abilty + cripple on windmill? Goodluck on getting ur heal packs rouges!!

Colton mainly has 30int + 10% dmge arcne ablty is a 15% crit.. i mean this is op ardy.. but ddnt hear frm rouges whine bout this..

No how bout rouges? Yes rouges has high dmge output.. but was it considered that d 2 class has shields? I mean they hve invulnerability for 2 secs and dmge reduction.. imo thats d counterpart alrdy of rouges hving high dmge.. 25 dex with granite was imo useless.. coz it only adds dmge and a bit of dps.. so mali s still dbest pet for rouges imo.. now 30 dex and 10int that wud be more usable pet than mali..

So hazel at 30 is superb, but grantie at 25 is useless?? 5 points isn't a huge difference.. and hazel gives us speed, yay, and slows down enemies, yay.. butgranite adds dodge , and mana regean, both needed, it reduce armor 10% , helps rouge. That's a good pet, way better than hazel. .. only reason warriors use hazel is cause our options are limited. And nexus us a new found rouges best friend..so if sts made a 30+ dex pet with speed. Would you be happy?? Just curious. ..

Laevateinn
03-27-2013, 06:18 AM
So hazel at 30 is superb, but grantie at 25 is useless?? 5 points isn't a huge difference.. and hazel gives us speed, yay, and slows down enemies, yay.. butgranite adds dodge , and mana regean, both needed, it reduce armor 10% , helps rouge. That's a good pet, way better than hazel. .. only reason warriors use hazel is cause our options are limited. And nexus us a new found rouges best friend..so if sts made a 30+ dex pet with speed. Would you be happy?? Just curious. ..

I think he's trying to compare Hazel to other warrior alternatives, Colton to other mage alternatives, and Granite to other rogue alternatives. He's not comparing Hazel to Colton to Granite. Warriors and mages each have these 'specialty' pets that provide +30 bonus to their main stat and they're at least decent enough to rival balanced pets that any class can benefit from, like Malison. Granite, the rogue's equivalent of a warrior's Hazel or a mage's Colton, doesn't really match up as well to the rogue's alternatives.

Mysticaleagle
03-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Warrior, Hazel 30 STR.
Sorcerer, Colton 30 INT.
Rogue, no 30 DEX.

Seems legit..

Dervy
03-27-2013, 07:07 AM

Oh u ddnt get my point ddnt u? D whole point here is that.. there is 30int & 30str pet but no 30dex.. :3 and yes granite is useless compared to mali.. 10%regen isnt enough to replenish mana lost wen fast encounters come.. ;)

Dervy
03-27-2013, 07:08 AM
I think he's trying to compare Hazel to other warrior alternatives, Colton to other mage alternatives, and Granite to other rogue alternatives. He's not comparing Hazel to Colton to Granite. Warriors and mages each have these 'specialty' pets that provide +30 bonus to their main stat and they're at least decent enough to rival balanced pets that any class can benefit from, like Malison. Granite, the rogue's equivalent of a warrior's Hazel or a mage's Colton, doesn't really match up as well to the rogue's alternatives.

Oh and im a she hihihi :3

Caiahar
03-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Reminder: 2 sec Invincible shield on Mage doesn't even work. And most rogues can break it with an aimed shot...

Dervy
03-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Reminder: 2 sec Invincible shield on Mage doesn't even work. And most rogues can break it with an aimed shot...

Ddnt noticed that tho.. but it still reduces dmge doesnt it? In one on one with a sorcerer i hve a hard time winning.. so atm i cud say sorcerer rocks!! ;) ..

Caiahar
03-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Ddnt noticed that tho.. but it still reduces dmge doesnt it? In one on one with a sorcerer i hve a hard time winning.. so atm i cud say sorcerer rocks!! ;) ..

Nope, it doesn't. The warrior shield is UN breakable. It provides FULL invinciblity for 2 sec. No attacks will work at the time. However, the dmg reduction is measly, and it doesn't go with lvl. At 21 cap, shield was awesome, but since the dmg absorption doesn't go up with lvl, in a few more caps, shield can be broken be a measly auto attack.

Zuzeq
03-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but not too long ago during the "tank" update STS said "try these changes out before crying" and "Base your opinions of gameplay NOT speculation" YEEET.. they change Slag's stats before the first egg is even hatched...huh? Cheers to consistency!!

bastiantarigan
03-27-2013, 08:55 AM
This pet like an Arcane pet, better than Hammerjaw stat.

jtst
03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but not too long ago during the "tank" update STS said "try these changes out before crying" and "Base your opinions of gameplay NOT speculation" YEEET.. they change Slag's stats before the first egg is even hatched...huh? Cheers to consistency!!

You want to buy a pet you want and then regret after they will nerf it? It's super-awesome they changed it BEFORE release. Now you know what you buy. In my case, I know what I don't buy ;)

Rare
03-27-2013, 09:04 AM
You want to buy a pet you want and then regret after they will nerf it? It's super-awesome they changed it BEFORE release. Now you know what you buy. In my case, I know what I don't buy ;)

You are definitely right here. If they are going to change it, they HAVE to change it BEFORE its released. Once its out, changing it is a bad idea. We've already seen the conspiracy theory around Ripmaw. Lets not let it happen again. :)

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Agreed a 30dex pet is needed, lets just wait to see if ita release with ALL new pets being released.....the one difference I might add though is rouges are the only class that can duel spec....putting attributes in strength actually imprive your health ans you can balance it to make it high d amage higher health. .. a warrior CANNOT do that ..period.. our best stats are 100% in str. If we put anythibg in dexz our health, dps , ANd damage all go down...crit and dodge barely even move. So when u feel left out of the 30++ club, feel lucky you have the ability to spec like that, a rouge can get 4000 health like warrior. .....a warrior CANNOT get above 210 dps no matter what we can't sacrafice health for damage and dps.....feel lucky

Energizeric
03-27-2013, 09:14 AM
It's fairly useless for elite farming because it doesn't add a lot of dex, no int and no str. It might crank up crit and dodge but, since the latest changes, the huge sacrifice in survivability isn't worth the relatively little increase in dmg output.

At least that's my experience with McCraw vs for example Malison during countless elite runs.

If you think about it, a 10% increase in dodge would be equal to a 10% increase in health points. And since critical hits are on average around 100% extra damage (depending on the skill used), then a 10% crit increase would be equal to a 10% increase in damage. I think you under estimate the stats of McCaw. I'm not even a rogue but I still use McCraw on occasion. For a rogue I think McCaw would be excellent, if not for PvE then definitely for PvP. The extra speed is always good as well.

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:18 AM

Try being a warrior, fire choppa sword was inncorrct on stats peopke made millions for it thinking ot had 90 sone odd damage, sts changes it to 50 sone odd damage making it worthless......... and THAN the axe of potency was best weapon, axe of assualt wasn't, (these are platinum based weapons, so real money mind you) and they updatr it, makibg potency worthless, and axe better....making it so the rich lost millions, and the poor who could only afford the assault now had one of the best weapons in the game.. lol talk about socialism. ...so im very happy this change is made beforr release

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:22 AM
If you think about it, a 10% increase in dodge would be equal to a 10% increase in health points. And since critical hits are on average around 100% extra damage (depending on the skill used), then a 10% crit increase would be equal to a 10% increase in damage. I think you under estimate the stats of McCaw. I'm not even a rogue but I still use McCraw on occasion. For a rogue I think McCaw would be excellent, if not for PvE then definitely for PvP. The extra speed is always good as well.

The variable nobody is talking about is pet level in pvp, that's a huge player...some use pets at level 10-15 instead of 25-26, so id ask, what level is your mccraw

jtst
03-27-2013, 09:23 AM
You are very persistent. You judge on stats - they look good for late stage of the game (36lvl >). Arcane ability of mccraw is chance to bleed and it's ridiculously low damage.
Mali is twice as effective in pvp and pve for rogue and his party. Mccraw is not even in top10 of pet's list.
I bought it for 900k in hope for cool pet, it was my mistake.

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:26 AM
You are very persistent. You judge on stats - they look good for late stage of the game (36lvl >). Arcane ability of mccraw is chance to bleed and it's ridiculously low damage.
Mali is twice as effective in pvp and pve for rogue and his party. Mccraw is not even in top10 of pet's list.
I bought it for 900k in hope for cool pet, it was my mistake.

So I'm curious, what would be your top ten pets for rouge???

jtst
03-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Try being a warrior, fire choppa sword was inncorrct on stats peopke made millions for it thinking ot had 90 sone odd damage, sts changes it to 50 sone odd damage making it worthless......... and THAN the axe of potency was best weapon, axe of assualt wasn't, (these are platinum based weapons, so real money mind you) and they updatr it, makibg potency worthless, and axe better....making it so the rich lost millions, and the poor who could only afford the assault now had one of the best weapons in the game.. lol talk about socialism. ...so im very happy this change is made beforr release

I don't see how it is related to my post. Besides, I play warrior and rogue (mage is too much fun to play for me, so I refuse of such euphoria).

Zuzeq
03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Agreed a 30dex pet is needed, lets just wait to see if ita release with ALL new pets being released.....the one difference I might add though is rouges are the only class that can duel spec....putting attributes in strength actually imprive your health ans you can balance it to make it high d amage higher health. .. a warrior CANNOT do that ..period.. our best stats are 100% in str. If we put anythibg in dexz our health, dps , ANd damage all go down...crit and dodge barely even move. So when u feel left out of the 30++ club, feel lucky you have the ability to spec like that, a rouge can get 4000 health like warrior. .....a warrior CANNOT get above 210 dps no matter what we can't sacrafice health for damage and dps.....feel lucky

Sir,

We do feel lucky. I do believe Assassins are suppose to be versatile. Tanks are Tanks, thats your job. Mages dominate AOE and crowd control, thats their job. An Assassin's job is to be the "Jack of All Trades" and Masters of the "Final Blow". Yet we are speaking about toons and how the spec etc.. We are not talking about toons at all in fact. We are speaking about pets and the stats they alone grant. Lets go Dr. Seuss(slag for make thing as simple as possible), There are three main stat fields to which pet currently improve STR, INT and DEX. As of now there are pets to grant 30+ to STR and INT. If one does not want to create a pet that grants 30+ DEX(would only be fair) then don't...this is fine. The problem is they showed community a product and openly advertised it. Then, they took it away before it was tested in gamplay. That's the problem..

Dervy
03-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Sir,

We do feel lucky. I do believe Assassins are suppose to be versatile. Tanks are Tanks, thats your job. Mages dominate AOE and crowd control, thats their job. An Assassin's job is to be the "Jack of All Trades" and Masters of the "Final Blow". Yet we are speaking about toons and how the spec etc.. We are not talking about toons at all in fact. We are speaking about pets and the stats they alone grant. Lets go Dr. Seuss(slag for make thing as simple as possible), There are three main stat fields to which pet currently improve STR, INT and DEX. As of now there are pets to grant 30+ to STR and INT. If one does not want to create a pet that grants 30+ DEX(would only be fair) then don't...this is fine. The problem is they showed community a product and openly advertised it. Then, they took it away before it was tested in gamplay. That's the problem..

Totally agree in this one..

Limsi
03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Who knows, they might introduce a 30dex pet soon and MAYBE AND HOPEFULLY it would cost around 40-100 plat, the same for Clyde and Hazel. Who knows, they might make it droppable in the world and decide not to make it a gamble scheme.

jtst
03-27-2013, 09:36 AM
So I'm curious, what would be your top ten pets for rouge???

hammer, glacian, mali, ripmaw, flap, wrathjaw, kettle, horton, jack, granite, and even loki better in my opinion (15% damage is a lot, party +20dex is super when there are 3-4rogues)

wvhills
03-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I also was going to buy this pet but you just saved me 250 plats.

Here's an fyi:

Kettle gives 15 dex, 15 int, 15 str and 10 damage. So the difference in kettle and a mythic pet is 2 more damage, 10 movement speed and 5 less str. Kettle's arcane ability adds 12 movement speed. So the only difference is slag's arcane damage and it has 5 less str. Oh, and it costs 250 plat. I think I'll use kettle as my backup to malison pet.

octavos
03-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I also was going to buy this pet but you just saved me 250 plats.

Here's an fyi:

Kettle gives 15 dex, 15 int, 15 str and 10 damage. So the difference in kettle and a mythic pet is 2 more damage, 10 movement speed and 5 less str. Kettle's arcane ability adds 12 movement speed. So the only difference is slag's arcane damage and it has 5 less str. Oh, and it costs 250 plat. I think I'll use kettle as my backup to malison pet.

im gonna work for a kettel, thx for info...saved me the hassel.

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Sir,

Now imagine having a weapon actually in game play , you purchase it at a price, for the stats, than they change and worsen those stats in gameplay, that is far worse....and hear ill dr suess dumb it down too.....when you pick a pet, you base it off your build.....since rouges are versistile as you put it a Jack of all trades (pretty much u said they are op , which in sts they have always been high dps low health, not high health) , than they have the ability to spex according to each pet.....again other classes cannot do that, you can give y poo urself higher mana or health and still have best damage in game.....toons have everything to do with pet...u can use all of warriors pets, mali, ribbit, rip...we are terrible using granite or mccraw... and come on youe best at dps, crit, dodge, damage, speed, skills, cd time, mana regen, pet usage, medical packs, spexing, final blow, first blow, or any blow for that matter. And now you want best pet??? I mean really?..

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=jtst;1025281]hammer, glacian, mali, ripmaw, flap, wrathjaw, kettle, horton, jack, granite, and even loki better in my opinion (15% damage is a lot, party +20dex is super when there are 3-4rogues)[/QUOTe

Okay so u just got glacian (I know its rare) now u also want the next best as well??

JaytB
03-27-2013, 09:51 AM

As said, I have McCraw on my rogue and PvE'd with it extensively, as do many other friends I know. So whatever the numbers say, in real elite runs, the survivability is very noticably less. The people I run with and own McCraw all seem to agree with it seeing as they barely ever use it.

So, for PvE I'm honestly convinced you're overestimating its stats. Let me explain why...

Survivability in elite runs is an issue with McCraw and the damage isn't nowhere near as high as you showed in your number crunching.

First, 10% dodge is not even comparable with 10% health. Dodge means an attack has a chance to miss but if it doesn't miss, your armor and health points determine whether you survive or get 1 hit killed.

Furthermore, 10% crit can't be simply 'converted' to 10 Dmg and crits don't do 100% more dmg with the exception of AS (with the proper upgrade).

If you'd correctly look at the numbers (after the most recent str/dex/int changes) and compare McCraw with for example Malison, you'd see Malison deals almost exactly the same dmg. It only has 4-5% less crit and 10% less dodge but adds a LOT of, desperately needed, HP, mana and some base damage in the process. Try surviving the one hit kills in Elite SS with Mcraw vs Malison, I'm pretty sure you'd be surprised with the difference in survivability and the equality of time needed to kill everything around.

I'd say, you really would have to try it out yourself. You know I like a good discussion and mean it in a friendly way when I say that I disagree on your statement of me underestimating its stats. In my humble opinion, it is you who are overestimating them :)

On topic: I still hope this new pet will get a slight increase in str/dex/int as mentioned in one of my previous posts :D

Darko
03-27-2013, 09:59 AM
As said, I have McCraw on my rogue and PvE'd with it extensively, as do many other friends I know. So whatever the numbers say, in real elite runs, the survivability is very noticably less. The people I run with and own McCraw all seem to agree with it seeing as they barely ever use it.

So, for PvE I'm honestly convinced you're overestimating its stats. Let me explain why...

Survivability in elite runs is an issue with McCraw and the damage isn't nowhere near as high as you showed in your number crunching.

First, 10% dodge is not even comparable with 10% health. Dodge means an attack has a chance to miss but if it doesn't miss, your armor and health points determine whether you survive or get 1 hit killed.

Furthermore, 10% crit can't be simply 'converted' to 10 Dmg and crits don't do 100% more dmg with the exception of AS (with the proper upgrade).

If you'd correctly look at the numbers (after the most recent str/dex/int changes) and compare McCraw with for example Malison, you'd see Malison deals almost exactly the same dmg. It only has 4-5% less crit and 10% less dodge but adds a LOT of, desperately needed, HP, mana and some base damage in the process. Try surviving the one hit kills in Elite SS with Mcraw vs Malison, I'm pretty sure you'd be surprised with the difference in survivability and the equality of time needed to kill everything around.

I'd say, you really would have to try it out yourself. You know I like a good discussion and mean it in a friendly way when I say that I disagree on your statement of me underestimating its stats. In my humble opinion, it is you who are overestimating them :)

On topic: I still hope this new pet will get a slight increase in str/dex/int as mentioned in one of my previous posts :D

I will venture to say survivalability has everything to do with vengeful blood change on warrior. ..we can no longer heal a group like we used to in pve, we have to worry about our own self now....I have hard time keeping others alive in elite....cause im constantly potting health and mana since taunt means im the one getting hit...I agree would be nice to have it 20 + LIKE MALI. . So its less like kettle

jtst
03-27-2013, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=jtst;1025281]hammer, glacian, mali, ripmaw, flap, wrathjaw, kettle, horton, jack, granite, and even loki better in my opinion (15% damage is a lot, party +20dex is super when there are 3-4rogues)[/QUOTe

Okay so u just got glacian (I know its rare) now u also want the next best as well??

What are you implying? You asked to explain my position about McCraw - I answered, you asked what pets i suggest better, i responded again. And now what kind of question is that?
I see, you come here to CRY and Whine and Blame Rogues, not to discuss anything. You made yourself believe that your opinion and voice matters higher than others.
We make here suggestion to make it the game we would play and enjoy, so please keep your posts constructive and out of your hysteria and drama.

Darko
03-27-2013, 10:04 AM
hammer, glacian, mali, ripmaw, flap, wrathjaw, kettle, horton, jack, granite, and even loki better in my opinion (15% damage is a lot, party +20dex is super when there are 3-4rogues)

See and a lot of pvpers use nexus and ribbit as welll......warriors have this (rip, ribbit, mali, hazel, koko, wyatt, shiloh, kettle) see how many u can use as well? ?? The ones u don't like shiloh ans koko are flag running pets....simple...wyatt is the ONLY pet built strctly for a warriors offensive output.....

Zuzeq
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Now imagine having a weapon actually in game play , you purchase it at a price, for the stats, than they change and worsen those stats in gameplay, that is far worse....and hear ill dr suess dumb it down too.....when you pick a pet, you base it off your build.....since rouges are versistile as you put it a Jack of all trades (pretty much u said they are op , which in sts they have always been high dps low health, not high health) , than they have the ability to spex according to each pet.....again other classes cannot do that, you can give y poo urself higher mana or health and still have best damage in game.....toons have everything to do with pet...u can use all of warriors pets, mali, ribbit, rip...we are terrible using granite or mccraw... and come on youe best at dps, crit, dodge, damage, speed, skills, cd time, mana regen, pet usage, medical packs, spexing, final blow, first blow, or any blow for that matter. And now you want best pet??? I mean really?..

Sir,

You're still not getting it. We....are....not...talking...about...toons. You keep referring to toons and what pets can do for toons. Pet tread here, we are talking about pets. There is currently no pet that grants 30+ to DEX stop....they avertised one stop...they pulled it stop. This isn't a class war. I'm simply stated that I have a issue with the marketing. Yet, you keep ranting about Assassins can do this, Assassins can do that and us poor Tanks have to bow down cause their too OP. Take that, go to gerneral section, start a tread titled "We hate Assassins", "Us poor Tanks", "Cry Baby Tanks are Us" or "Assassins Vs Tanks, the true AL story". Slag/pet tread no class v class. Look what you made me do...lol. I tried not to be rude or sarcastic, but you forced my hand. You know what, nevermind all that. I'm sorry, send me a friend request K?

Zanpakuto
03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
We'll, now my warrior will definitely be getting one!

Dervy
03-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Sir,

You're still not getting it. We....are....not...talking...about...toons. You keep referring to toons and what pets can do for toons. Pet tread here, we are talking about pets. There is currently no pet that grants 30+ to DEX stop....they avertised one stop...they pulled it stop. This isn't a class war. I'm simply stated that I have a issue with the marketing. Yet, you keep ranting about Assassins can do this, Assassins can do that and us poor Tanks have to bow down cause their too OP. Take that, go to gerneral section, start a tread titled "We hate Assassins", "Us poor Tanks", "Cry Baby Tanks are Us" or "Assassins Vs Tanks, the true AL story". Slag/pet tread no class v class. Look what you made me do...lol. I tried not to be rude or sarcastic, but you forced my hand. You know what, nevermind all that. I'm sorry, send me a friend request K?

LOL!!!!!!!!

Samhayne
03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Hey guys, just a quick reminder to please keep the conversation friendly and on an even keel. Ok? Thanks!

Mysticaleagle
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
^Thisss.

Darko
03-27-2013, 10:23 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!

So that was uncalled for, I never said anybody was whining, my feedback was constructive detailing how a +10 str pet does same as +30 dex pet for warrior...saying im crying r us, and whining is not within forum rules....and yes pets still have everything to do with toons...pets = class warefare because they are now included in pvp...if no pets were in pvp we wouldn't be having this convo...I would have loved a rouge on my team having that op pet in pve... however with pets in pvp this is the problem it presents.. I also might add that I own two rouges, one 26, 1 for twinking....IMO they are op and I find no enjoyment as a player obliterating people in 1-3 seconds...there's no challenge, takes zero skill to do... All im doing is standing up for warriors and mages alike so its balanced....if rouges get nerfed bad, ill stand up for you as well....as I already have in this thread sayibg you need 30 dex pet and maybe I ts upcoming in new pets, bottom line this pet does not truly benefit any clas over the other which is why I like it...all classes can use it... and jist like ripmaw, how mythic pets should be

Dervy
03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
So that was uncalled for, I never said anybody was whining, my feedback was constructive detailing how a +10 str pet does same as +30 dex pet for warrior...saying im crying r us, and whining is not within forum rules....and yes pets still have everything to do with toons...pets = class warefare because they are now included in pvp...if no pets were in pvp we wouldn't be having this convo...I would have loved a rouge on my team having that op pet in pve... however with pets in pvp this is the problem it presents.. I also might add that I own two rouges, one 26, 1 for twinking....IMO they are op and I find no enjoyment as a player obliterating people in 1-3 seconds...there's no challenge, takes zero skill to do... All im doing is standing up for warriors and mages alike so its balanced....if rouges get nerfed bad, ill stand up for you as well....as I already have in this thread sayibg you need 30 dex pet and maybe I ts upcoming in new pets, bottom line this pet does not truly benefit any clas over the other which is why I like it...all classes can use it... and jist like ripmaw, how mythic pets should be

Actually i was LOLing bout wat he had said in d later part of his post :)

Oh!! And thnx for standing up for our +30 dex pet!!! ;)

Natrich
03-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Now that it's been mentioned, this does seem like a Kettle clone lol.

I'm definitely rethinking buying it now.

JaytB
03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Now that it's been mentioned, this does seem like a Kettle clone lol.

I'm definitely rethinking buying it now.

I agree.

Maybe this thread and the one pasted below should be merged...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=91549

I'll paste my suggestion from that thread on the bottom of this post. I believe STS is always open for constructive suggestions and I'd strongly recommend making your suggestions clear so there still might be a chance for change...

I believe my suggestion wouldn't make other pets obsolete nor would it make it an 'OP' pet. But it would make it more attractive as compared to with its current stats...

Would it hurt to make its str/dex/int stats 20/20/20? At least it would be better without having to count on its arcane ability with its fairly long cooldown. It's a new pet after all and it's mythic, wouldn't it be fair to have just slightly buffed stats as compared to already existing ones? Kettle is already very similar in stats and malison gives 20/20/20 + 5crit. So, arcane abilities aside, 20/20/20 stats on the new pet doesn't sound unreasonable does it?

20/20/20 also has the advantage of it becoming truly useful for every class equally, and wouldn't mean a 'completely OP' difference in stats compared to existing pets.

Furthermore, there's this new cap coming where int/dex/str points will mean less because of our naturally/gear added stats. If this pet is supposed to be a preview of some sorts for the next cap, wouldn't it make sense it had buffed stats, even if it was only very minimal?

All the reasons above make me firmly believe that 20/20/20 str/dex/int would make the pet be more useful for any class, without making it OP, only driving sales of it up.

Doesn't that sound like a win-win?

Of course, this is all my opinion about it. I would like to hear what other people think about this too :)

Edit: forgot to paste part of the post O.o

Vystirch
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Back to original stats plz...

Stabbetha
03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
if they made it a buffed version of Malison that doesn't sound unreasonable to me and would indeed make me reconsider purchasing it - perhaps 25/25/25?

Otherwise I really dont see what is mythic about it - much less why it ought be worth 250 plat.

I get the wider appeal thing (not going to pretend I wouldn't have preferred the original stats as a rogue - but hey understand why they changed their mind - wider appeal = wider sales).

Lets not forget Malison is legendary - even mcCraw (which has 4 stats as happiness bonus) is legendary

JaytB
03-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Back to original stats plz...

Come on, you know there was too much whining for this to even be considered again. Wouldn't my post above be a fair compromise for everyone?

Darko
03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
I agree.

I'll paste my suggestion from that thread on the bottom of this post. I believe STS is always open for constructive suggestions and I'd strongly recommend making your suggestions clear so there still might be a chance for change...

I believe my suggestion wouldn't make other pets obsolete nor would it make it an 'OP' pet. But it would make it more attractive as compared to with its current stats...

Would it hurt to make its str/dex/int stats 20/20/20? At least it would be better without having to count on its arcane ability with its fairly long cooldown. It's a new pet after all and it's mythic, wouldn't it be fair to have just slightly buffed stats as compared to already existing ones? Kettle is already very similar in stats and malison gives 20/20/20 + 5crit. So, arcane abilities aside, 20/20/20 stats on the new pet doesn't sound unreasonable does it?

20/20/20 also has the advantage of it becoming truly useful for every class equally, and wouldn't mean a 'completely OP' difference in stats compared to existing pets.

Furthermore, there's this new cap coming where int/dex/str points will mean less because of our naturally/gear added stats. If this pet is supposed to be a preview of some sorts for the next cap, wouldn't it make sense it had buffed stats, even if it was only very minimal?

All the reasons above make me firmly believe that 20/20/20 str/dex/int would make the pet be more useful for any class, without making it OP, only driving sales of it up.

Of course, this is all my opinion about it. I would like to hear what other people think about this too :)

I like the 20/20/20 :)

Mysticaleagle
03-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Bring it back to 30DEX. Stop listening to whiners and do what you think it's best as Designers and Developers (which is to finally make a 30DEX pet).

jtst
03-27-2013, 11:51 AM
I agree.

If it would be 20/20/20, 10 speed and so mightly arcane ability, what's are Arcane Pets for? You stated it shouldn't be OP, 20/20/20 would push balance too much.

I suggest STS buff hammerjaw and glacian to make them more desirable

JaytB
03-27-2013, 11:54 AM
if they made it a buffed version of Malison that doesn't sound unreasonable to me and would indeed make me reconsider purchasing it - perhaps 25/25/25?

Otherwise I really dont see what is mythic about it - much less why it ought be worth 250 plat.

I get the wider appeal thing (not going to pretend I wouldn't have preferred the original stats as a rogue - but hey understand why they changed their mind - wider appeal = wider sales).

Lets not forget Malison is legendary - even mcCraw (which has 4 stats as happiness bonus) is legendary

Although I agree, I believe the 20/20/20 would bring less whining to the forums as compared to the 25/25/25.

The 25 stat is near the maximum stat that any pet can add (30). While other pets sacrifice in other stats to achiever that +30, the pet with 25 would not. It would basically make it arguably one of the best, if not THE best, pet all around. It would make people who don't want to spend plat feel left out.

That's why I belive the 20 stat would be a more fair option for everyone.

jtst
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Bring it back to 30DEX. Stop listening to whiners and do what you think it's best as Designers and Developers (which is to finally make a 30DEX pet).

30 DEX, 12%damage 60armor - without movement speed and 10 int features - and it would be good Dex pet not only for rogue.

There are already a lot of pet's with 15/15/15, give us some diversity please.

Darko
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
30 DEX, 12%damage 60armor - without movement speed and 10 int features - and it would be good Dex pet not only for rogue.

There are already a lot of pet's with 15/15/15, give us some diversity please.

Than I want a 30str 12% damage 60 armor pet with mana....lol, dex does little for other two classes bow

Darko
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
I do agree hammwrjaw needs huge buff, arcane should be incredible

uzidredar
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
In AL as in life the whiners get the better loot. Sorcerers pls l2whine better. We are still gimped in pvp and the next expansion is for op warriors.
Yes we have a nice pet but we are still the least fun class to play.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JaytB
03-27-2013, 12:13 PM
In AL as in life the whiners get the better loot. Sorcerers pls l2whine better. We are still gimped in pvp and the next expansion is for op warriors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's easier to call people whiners than actually thinking about the problem and coming up with suggestions to improve it :)

Lady_Pebbles
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
People... Some of you are forgeting that there are other pets great for Warriors already??!!! For example, Snaggletooth has +25 STR & +4 mana regen, which means your small mana pool would regen pretty fast. Hell I use him on my Warrior and sometimes my Mage and Rogue in pvp cuz its decent & helps with survivability. Also Shiloh with +40 STR arcane for a few seconds.

Then theres McCraw for Rogues.. And Horton! Hellurr the +15 INT arcane actually helps with the mana regen on Rogues a lot.

Why are yall even focusing on +30 on the main stat for the classes other than a damage boost??? +30 INT on Colton and Clyde actually work better for Rogues and Warriors since they need more mana than Mages do. Mages need more survivability not more mana when it comes to PvP & PvE imo! Hell I've seen more and more Rogues and Warriors lately using those pets vs Mages because it balances out their stats. I mean come on, even my Mage's hp goes way down when I equip a Colton vs a Ribbit or Horton.. & those are Warrior/Rogue pets when it comes to crits and stats. X.x

Also Malison! Its the one pet that gives the best overall stats to every class in game.

Zuzeq
03-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Keep the new stats for Slag, sell for 250Plat. Release an Arcane version of Slag (like an evolution) with original stats the same day for 400plat. Money, problem solved. I'll buy two for my Tank and Assissan if you want to go that way.

JaytB
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Keep the new stats for Slag, sell for 250Plat. Release an Arcane version of Slag (like an evolution) with original stats the same day for 400plat. Money, problem solved. I'll buy two for my Tank and Assissan if you want to go that way.

Although I'd definitely buy me one (or 2) of those, I think this would make many non-plat spenders feel left out.

Maybe offering them in different 'flavors' with different stats for some extra plat, without making them OP, could be an interesting option :)

Zuzeq
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Although I'd definitely buy me one (or 2) of those, I think this would make many non-plat spenders feel left out.

Maybe offering them in different 'flavors' with different stats for some extra plat, without making them OP, could be an interesting option :)

Even better Jay. One 30+ DEX, 30+ STR and 30+ INT. Make three versions, it would be like Pokemon...lol.

JaytB
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Even better Jay. One 30+ DEX, 30+ STR and 30+ INT. Make three versions, it would be like Pokemon...lol.

Gotta catch em all!

Darko
03-27-2013, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=uzidredar;1025451]In AL as in life the whiners get the better loot. Sorcerers pls l2whine better. We are still gimped in pvp and the next expansion is for op warriors.

I disagree I enjoy my mage blastin fireballs from far away, being a killing machine...its fun...wish heal was better, I see the issue os thay magws want to be tanks.. u can't go in there all blaze of glory and not expect to get killed....know the class stregths and weakness.... mage weakness health, strength aoe, warruor weakness damage and dps strength health, rouge strength dodge, dps, crit, damage, weakeness short battles lol. Just saying

wawawa64
03-27-2013, 12:59 PM

imagine how much more rage people will get if they released slag with the old stat and THEN nerf it afterward. People will rage for refund, threat to quit the game etc... etc...

If they don't nerf slag afterward, but release an equivalent OP pet for warriors and mage, then people will cry about how sts is greedy and force you to buy platinum etc... etc....

Sometime, it's not just as simple as "release it first and see what happen later", especially when we already see miles ahead that this will break the balance of the game. It's better to stop the damage before it happens.

wawawa64
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Warrior, Hazel 30 STR.
Sorcerer, Colton 30 INT.
Rogue, no 30 DEX.

Seems legit..

yeah, comparing just 1 stat of all these pets seems legit...

it's not JUST +30 DEX, it was +30 DEX +10 INT +12% damage +10% movement +arcane with stun.

Hazel for warrior is just +30 Str +7% movement +arcane with slow.

Looking at just 1 stat and complain is just like complaining mage is OP because they have a 3500+ mana pool while the 2 classes have only 500 mana pool.

Seriously.... if rogue want a +30 DEX pet so badly, maybe sts should just release a +30 DEX + 7% movement pet for them and call it a day.

FYI, I have a mage, so having Slag with the old stat was actually not bad for me with new DEX damage boost.

D-:
03-27-2013, 01:16 PM
To be honest, I think Ripmaw was better. Just my opinion though.

Darko
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
yeah, comparing just 1 stat of all these pets seems legit...

it's not JUST +30 DEX, it was +30 DEX +10 INT +12% damage +10% movement +arcane with stun.

Hazel for warrior is just +30 Str +7% movement +arcane with slow.

Looking at just 1 stat and complain is just like complaining mage is OP because they have a 3500+ mana pool while the 2 classes have only 500 mana pool.

Seriously.... if rogue want a +30 DEX pet so badly, maybe sts should just release a +30 DEX + 7% movement pet for them and call it a day.

FYI, I have a mage, so having Slag with the old stat was actually not bad for me with new DEX damage boost.

Well said :)

JaytB
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm still hoping they'll make it 20/20/20. 15/15/15 would already be better though. I mean, what's up witht the 10str? Weren't the changes made to make it a better pet for ALL classes?

earhole
03-28-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm still hoping they'll make it 20/20/20. 15/15/15 would already be better though. I mean, what's up witht the 10str? Weren't the changes made to make it a better pet for ALL classes?

I personally think str should be higher that the other stats. All classes benefit from str/health. Warriors get ripoff on their secondary dex stats. 150 points to stats gives a minimal of 9 dodge.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Malison is STILL better. And, I don't get that. Really.

Extreme
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
:o, KEWL pet !

Serancha
03-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Wow....I had all my plat saved up and was super excited to buy this new pet on Thursday. Then I looked at the stats now and thought I had misread something somewhere. I think all the points have been made....repeatedly....by now, so I will just say that you lost an easy 250plat from me with this change. Sorry STS.

JaytB
03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I personally think str should be higher that the other stats. All classes benefit from str/health. Warriors get ripoff on their secondary dex stats. 150 points to stats gives a minimal of 9 dodge.

I could live with only an increase in str. As you said, all classes benefit from survivability.

I do have that nagging feeling STS won't change much anymore though. They were quick to change the stats when many people started whining about it but I haven't seen a single response to constructive suggestions made in this thread yet. And it's already Thursday.

Ow well, at least there's still Kettle that would give us similar and, IMO, overal even better stats, and doesn't cost a thing except for pixel gold :)

Taigah
03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
I could live with only an increase in str. As you said, all classes benefit from survivability.

I do have that nagging feeling STS won't change much anymore though. They were quick to change the stats when many people started whining about it but I haven't seen a single response to constructive suggestions made in this thread yet. And it's already Thursday.

Ow well, at least there's still Kettle that would give us similar and, IMO, overal even better stats, and doesn't cost a thing except for pixel gold :)

Yeah, agree.. It's kinda sad they don't reply.. And I still can't figure out what they're doing in the dev team when they make something, test it, announce it, then withdraws it. It's not like not all classes wouldn't benefit with the pet the way it was when announced, and it's really really sad of them to not think things through and nerf the pet down to an almost identical pet that's only legendary and doesn't cost loooots of plat to buy..

Was actually looking forward to the new pet, was going to spend money, get plat, buy it. But it's not worth it anymore..

What troubles me most is that the dev team is so uncertain of their skills as developers that they have to change something announced based on forum posts by, for what they/we/I know could be just whining from people who don't think things through, resulting in an even worse solution, making me believe even LESS of the dev team. - Come on dev team, MAN UP!

I love this game, I'm old enough to use my money wherever and whenever I want, got enough money and then some to use on stuff I enjoy/my hobbies as much as I want. But I'm starting to get doubts about if this game is right for me when the makers of the game just messes it up and can't even seem to fix month old bugs (like the dmg+ not showing on character sheet, etc)..

For all you know all the whining posts came from people who can't buy plat, and now you've lost looooots of money from people who CAN buy plat..

Start thinking things through, start testing stuff enough before announcing them so you don't get **** on your shoulders. Hell, I'll even volunteer to beta test if you need that.. Just get things done the right way so you don't lose players, and maybe more important to you; players who buy plat to have the BIS stuff!

Looking forward to hear from you, and to see what you do with the pet before you release it. IMO you could even use more time to test before releasing if thats what it takes to get a good product.
You've had a lot of suggestions from, what seems to me as grown-up players that has more in their mind than "OMG plat buyers are going to get so much more dps than me!".
If you want to make money out of this game, then make the plat stuff really exclusive, not average.

I must say that +20 to all stats sounds a bit tempting as it would out-grow malison and be better than most pets, still better for all classes, though I would actually see the pet released as it was when announced as that's what's most right to do!

Edit: No offence to any players with this post, just trying to make my point. <3 you all :)

Zuzeq
03-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, agree.. It's kinda sad they don't reply.. And I still can't figure out what they're doing in the dev team when they make something, test it, announce it, then withdraws it. It's not like not all classes wouldn't benefit with the pet the way it was when announced, and it's really really sad of them to not think things through and nerf the pet down to an almost identical pet that's only legendary and doesn't cost loooots of plat to buy..

Was actually looking forward to the new pet, was going to spend money, get plat, buy it. But it's not worth it anymore..

What troubles me most is that the dev team is so uncertain of their skills as developers that they have to change something announced based on forum posts by, for what they/we/I know could be just whining from people who don't think things through, resulting in an even worse solution, making me believe even LESS of the dev team. - Come on dev team, MAN UP!

I love this game, I'm old enough to use my money wherever and whenever I want, got enough money and then some to use on stuff I enjoy/my hobbies as much as I want. But I'm starting to get doubts about if this game is right for me when the makers of the game just messes it up and can't even seem to fix month old bugs (like the dmg+ not showing on character sheet, etc)..

For all you know all the whining posts came from people who can't buy plat, and now you've lost looooots of money from people who CAN buy plat..

Start thinking things through, start testing stuff enough before announcing them so you don't get **** on your shoulders. Hell, I'll even volunteer to beta test if you need that.. Just get things done the right way so you don't lose players, and maybe more important to you; players who buy plat to have the BIS stuff!

Looking forward to hear from you, and to see what you do with the pet before you release it. IMO you could even use more time to test before releasing if thats what it takes to get a good product.
You've had a lot of suggestions from, what seems to me as grown-up players that has more in their mind than "OMG plat buyers are going to get so much more dps than me!".
If you want to make money out of this game, then make the plat stuff really exclusive, not average.

I must say that +20 to all stats sounds a bit tempting as it would out-grow malison and be better than most pets, still better for all classes, though I would actually see the pet released as it was when announced as that's what's most right to do!

Edit: No offence to any players with this post, just trying to make my point. <3 you all :)

I agree with all of your points but one. I don't question the "skills" of the devs cause I think they're awesome. This is more of a maketing issue.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 11:37 AM
STS! Bring it back to 30 Dex! Look all the buyers you've lost.. (including me since I realised that even Malison is better than Slag's updated stats).

Theholyangel
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM

They dont respond because theres people all over the forums reaking mayhem 24/7 and as that funny line is said "ain't nobody got time for that!"

Aplyed
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Please change It back to the original stats or something close to it , don't make him look the part but not play the part. He was good how we was since all classes get something for having dex . We need our 30 dex pet ... Or at least give him 25 dex or more Str.

Zuzeq
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Think we lost this one gentlemen/ladies.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 12:56 PM

Correct.

JaytB
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM

And the end score...

Whining: 1 - Constructive feedback: 0

I still do have a sliver of hope left but that's probably just me being naive.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 01:04 PM
And the end score...

That's why I like you bro. This^ = Jeez. 200% right, and more than completely true.

Zuzeq
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
And the end score...

True that.

Couple hours of crying= Instant change

Couple days of knowledge= ..............

Imjebus
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Well damn D: I was kind of excited for the +30 dex just because of the crit bonus it would give to my sorc seeing as that's the only way twink sorc can kill anything lol. I guess I'll be sticking to ribbit...

Slashiroth
03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
You shouldn't have even posted the original stats. You guys are so pathetic honestly.

jtst
03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
+30 DEX PLZ PLZ PLZ
and some gold

Zuzeq
03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
You shouldn't have even posted the original stats. You guys are so pathetic honestly.

Geez, pathetic is such a strong word. Agree with first sentence, sad face to second one.

Slashiroth
03-28-2013, 02:05 PM
It was the nicest word I could use to how I feel about STS at this point in time. I say this point in time because I feel that there is many more disappointments to come. Who knows, maybe they might pull something out of their a***** and surprise some of us.

Khylan
03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Eh, not really trying to derail the rage..yeah I am...
but I was going through my pets last night and noticed that Loki's arcane is a heal + 20 dex...I leveled Loki to 21 on my warrior and the description was always "damage enemy heal group" never saw anything about dex...I only have him on my rogue for Beastmaster title, but heck 20 dex from the arcane + a heal in addition to the stats makes him alright for a rogue.

Genuinous
03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
And the end score...

Okay honestly... Aren't you all just whining about having no 30 dex rogue pet and having a possibility of a great (and really heavily rogue sided) pet changed before it was even released. The only constructive thing about this is the suggestion for stat boost. Which may or may not be a bad idea, remains to be seen when it is released.

But stop with all the whining and saying mali is better. I mean look at them stats ppl...

Yes, you will lose about 130 hp, 50 mana, 5% crit (and a quite useless arcane with limited range)
You will gain a 12% dmg boost (not seen but it is there), 10% movement speed and STUN. Rogues with stun, when all they need is 2-3 seconds (duration of stun) to kill most enemies, are strong. A lot stronger than that small hp and crit boost from mali. Oh and don't forget about an awesome DoT.

So all you people at the moment are just whining, still stuck to the basic idea that the higher your dps the better you are... Wait and see how things turn out.

Note: The current version of stats is better for both mages and warriors. +5 int +10 str is way better than +15 dex for mages, and you can say the same about warriors. Both of those classes will have higher visual dps/dmg with the new version of the pet. And higher hp too (preferred for both of them). So by the change sts made this pet better to 2/3 of players, while still providing a better-than-mali option for rogues. And you keep whining and calling it constructive... jeez...

Ravager
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Okay honestly... Aren't you all just whining about having no 30 dex rogue pet and having a possibility of a great (and really heavily rogue sided) pet changed before it was even released. The only constructive thing about this is the suggestion for stat boost. Which may or may not be a bad idea, remains to be seen when it is released.

But stop with all the whining and saying mali is better. I mean look at them stats ppl...

Yes, you will lose about 130 hp, 50 mana, 5% crit (and a quite useless arcane with limited range)
You will gain a 12% dmg boost (not seen but it is there), 10% movement speed and STUN. Rogues with stun, when all they need is 2-3 seconds (duration of stun) to kill most enemies, are strong. A lot stronger than that small hp and crit boost from mali. Oh and don't forget about an awesome DoT.

So all you people at the moment are just whining, still stuck to the basic idea that the higher your dps the better you are... Wait and see how things turn out.

Note: The current version of stats is better for both mages and warriors. +5 int +10 str is way better than +15 dex for mages, and you can say the same about warriors. Both of those classes will have higher visual dps/dmg with the new version of the pet. And higher hp too (preferred for both of them). So by the change sts made this pet better to 2/3 of players, while still providing a better-than-mali option for rogues. And you keep whining and calling it constructive... jeez...

I'd like to see more mage pets. Mages mostly have Clyde, Colton and Malison. Warriors have a few decent selection and Rogues have a pretty good selection.

JaytB
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM

Read my posts first before making false statements. I never even ONCE mentioned the +30 dex.

Get your facts straight before coming on these forum and calling people whiners.

Read first, comment later.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 02:31 PM

It's not whining. We call it constructive feedback. The whining was BEFORE the change, some players were unhappy about it even if I don't know why. Now, after the whining, they changed it and like Jay and some others do, is giving feedback but NOT whining.

Aplyed
03-28-2013, 02:32 PM
There isn't even a buy option he is stock sts please fix thanks

Theholyangel
03-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to say, before you guys go pushing a perfectly good person around by a completely true statement of this. All you guys are doing is whining to sts, look at your statements and tell us how that is not whining, just leave them leave them be. Constructive feedback would be statistical and harmless, not assaulting by words. Pay attention to what you say and how you say it before you go about judging others.

Zuzeq
03-28-2013, 02:36 PM

Incorrect Sir, Jay actually offered valid suggestions not wine. You quoted the wrong person. Grab someone who said "Plz plz, give us 30 DEX" then maybe your post would be valid.

firechandra
03-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Now it's more balanced, I'm a rogue but I don't want an overpowered pet or this game will loose a lot of fun so I'm for the +15 dex...... it's already strong, more we have to remember that this pet will probably be replaced with a new one one day as for ripmaw so I think it's better if the most powerful pets are very rare but can be obtained in any moment otherwise future new players won't have the opportunity to have it and that wouldn't be fair. Slag with the new stats it's still strong but it's not as before something that if you don't have it you have a big disadvantage both in pvp and elite runs. In conclusion good work Sts :encouragement: I think trying to good balance the game is one of the most difficult things but it's very important for the playability and to mantain the game fun and with variety. A lot of players never know what they want and what is best for all, I know players that complained that slag was too strong and now they complain that is not + 30 dex.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to say, before you guys go pushing a perfectly good person around by a completely true statement of this. All you guys are doing is whining to sts, look at your statements and tell us how that is not whining, just leave them leave them be. Constructive feedback would be statistical and harmless, not assaulting by words. Pay attention to what you say and how you say it before you go about judging others.

Do you even understand what you just posted?

Theholyangel
03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Do you even understand what you just posted?

Yes, do you? Pay attention to your previous statements and let your mind reflect on it.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes, do you? Pay attention to your previous statements and let your mind reflect on it.

My previous statements? See, I knew you didn't even know what you were talking about.
Here, we're talking about Jay's constructive feedback. Not your false accusations.

Theholyangel
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
My previous statements? See, I knew you didn't even know what you were talking about.
Here, we're talking about Jay's constructive feedback. Not your false accusations.

You don't understand, if you wish to, reread what has been previously said, and think. Argument ended.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
You don't understand, if you wish to, reread what has been previously said, and think. Argument ended.

Argument? Man, you're arguing with yourself then. Read again what JaytB posted, and enlighten me on how this is whining or 'insults' towards an 'awesome' member. End of the conversation.

Theholyangel
03-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Argument? Man, you're arguing with yourself then. Read again what JaytB posted, and enlighten me on how this is whining or 'insults' towards an 'awesome' member. End of the conversation.

Your quit foolish, first of all, my message was not just appointed to YOU it was appointed to all the people who have looked upon this post and are complaining to STS about their change in pet stats. You guys assume that we whine and bug them only, but you guys do the same. Genuinous pointed that out clearly and then you post saying we are whining and complaining, and that you are not? Get your thoughts straight before posting. My sense and genuinous' are perfectly clear, it seems to me in this sense that mostly your simply angered by the change so you cannot run about lvl 26 PVP with a OP pet anymore and are taking it out in the forums, now if you may, please get your thoughts straight before posting again.

Genuinous
03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
The only constructive thing about this is the suggestion for stat boost. Which may or may not be a bad idea, remains to be seen when it is released.

Read my posts first before making false statements. I never even ONCE mentioned the +30 dex.

Get your facts straight before coming on these forum and calling people whiners.

I believe I have mentioned stat boost being constructive. Read my post before trying to lecture me.

I still stand by on my comparison with Malison, I believe that with stun + DoT and greater dmg boost at the cost of 130 hp and a weak arcane ability is a great trade off. But feel free to disagree. We will know who's assumption is correct once players buy, level and use Slag for a week and learn to play with it.

My post was intended not only at you, I merely picked your comment as it suggested that this thread was constructive as most of it is whining.

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Your quit foolish, first of all, my message was not just appointed to YOU it was appointed to all the people who have looked upon this post and are complaining to STS about their change in pet stats. You guys assume that we whine and bug them only, but you guys do the same. Genuinous pointed that out clearly and then you post saying we are whining and complaining, and that you are not? Get your thoughts straight before posting. My sense and genuinous' are perfectly clear, it seems to me in this sense that mostly your simply angered by the change so you cannot run about lvl 26 PVP with a OP pet anymore and are taking it out in the forums, now if you may, please get your thoughts straight before posting again.

First of all, I don't even PvP. Get your facts in order.
Second of all, I never mentioned that you were complaining about these changes.

''Now if you may, please get your thoughts straight before posting again''. :)

Samhayne
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Closing this up now...