PDA

View Full Version : How to defeat Overlord!

kavanah
10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Step 1: Clear to him
Step 2: A bear and pally works best vs him
Step 3: Buy trash can punch
Step 4: Have team sit outside of his room and have one person go in, bear or pally pref.
Step 5: The person in the room should use their proximatey to back him up into a barrell. This takes some practice, but after a while you get the hang of it. He doesn't like to stay "close" to you, so he will back up if you get in front of him. Just direct him backwards onto the barrel.
Step 6: Blow the barrel. AoE's work if your a pally, run to barrel and beckon works great with bear.
Step 7: Team charge in hit him a few times, team charge out!
Step 8: Rince and repeat.

*Side note*

The only reason he is hard to solo is simply because your tank elixer or trash can punch doesn't last long enough to kill him. So if you have someone else on the sideline, getting a tanking elixer every 4 mins or so, just in case you die, it will help out a ton for them to run in and either tank him till you get back, or they can rez you, run him out of room (or back him up to a corner) and then you revive in a place where you don't get 1 shot from his aoe.

Good luck!

JamesT
10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Can you elaborate on the fight? Sounds kinda crazy that squishies can't even be in the same room for much of the fight.

jonboy
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Give some time for some other teams to run it, I'm sure there will be different, strats. But I'm sure we will find peeps that'll rote learn it and assume there is no other way.

Violentsaint
10-04-2010, 04:17 PM
ahhh i need platinum! :(

i wanna keelll hiiiimmm!!!

Cascade
10-04-2010, 04:32 PM
How much plat do you have saint?

Violentsaint
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
ive had 11 platinum saved up just for ao3... then the devs have to pull a sneaky one and make ao3 20 plat >.<

KingFu
10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Id buy you plat vio but I cnt give away my iTunes account lol.

Badtee, rogue, and I and 2 other tanks took him alone no pots lol.

Cascade
10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Wish I could give you some man :/

Violentsaint
10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
its cool... ill just keep playing reach till i work somthin out... im not gonna buy an itunes card just to buy ao3... hopefully my brother will let me use his itunes account to buy plat

Slush
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
All you need is a str character, put on defense and attack pots and just go solo, once you withstand against his first attack, the rest is easy.

Raxie
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
All you need is a str character, put on defense and attack pots and just go solo, once you withstand against his first attack, the rest is easy.
not really... you can't solo the boss.

Slush
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Well,Mages buffed me and I did the rest

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc236/hashimali32/08a36a9d.png

Leach
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
ive had 11 platinum saved up just for ao3... then the devs have to pull a sneaky one and make ao3 20 plat >.<

I was all excited when i seen AO3 up, then i seen the 20 plat tag on it. I was rather disappointed, guess i'll wait for a special.

Arterra
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
while u wait, we be setting the drop price rate heheh

Furrawn
10-04-2010, 08:34 PM

Oh solo? Wow!

Lol my team needed teamwork to kill him... It was great though!

bladesword
10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Ao3 came out!!!???

Inching
10-04-2010, 08:46 PM
its cool... ill just keep playing reach till i work somthin out... im not gonna buy an itunes card just to buy ao3... hopefully my brother will let me use his itunes account to buy plat

dude... pvt chat me and i'll get it for u... facebook msg me works best.

Arterra
10-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Ao3 came out!!!???

im sorry, LOOOOOOOOOOL

regie831
10-04-2010, 09:10 PM
soloed him no prob well those explosives helped

Arterra
10-04-2010, 09:16 PM
u kinda need those explosives, no way around it...

Azrael
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Yea you can. I almost soloed him my 3rd try. I say almost cause a teammate came into the room a few times and did alittle damage.

This fight needs to not be nurfed at all, it just needs refinement. Overlord should do much less damage and non aoe damage when his shield is down, but the same damage as now when his shield is up. This would heavily emphasize the "get out of the room when the shields are down aspect" which is honestly the closest thing we have had to a raid boss.
Give him a bit more health but standardize his shield drop so it always drops for say 15 seconds and this boss is perfect (as it stands now sometimes the shield only goes down for 3 seconds). Basicly it shouldnt be the one tanking warrior doing all the damage, but it should stay a 5 minute fight or wipe since the tank needs the elixer to live.

Do not nerf this boss

Ellyidol
10-05-2010, 02:41 AM
+1 to ^

He is the last and hardest boss afterall. Nerfing him would just be meh. Agree on the fact that he needs to be refined. His shield drops are so unpredictable thus making it hard to plan attacks and eventually team dying. Also maybe if barrels could just not do pushback? Annoying how when my warrior brings him close enough to barrel, blows it up, shields down, but since we're both apart he switches to team and kills them -.-

Yes this boss is solo-able by a str if you have cash for elixirs and pots. Not worth it IMO unless you get an amazing drop, which is also unlikely judging from how often you can do it.

Necrobane
10-05-2010, 05:08 AM
vio, ill buy you it for you :) Just tell me how you want me to give ya mah details....dw i trust ya and i don want mah buddy to be missn out on all the fun. :P

FluffNStuff
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Couple things about this boss. First, my poor dog heard language out of me that would make a sailor blush. Second, thank you to anyone in my team for not reporting my frustrated outburst of perhaps too colorful language. The reason for these is I was starting to ping spike, and one of the times his shield went down, it was ONLY down for the LAG!!!. Lag spike over and the shields are back up. Considering how tricky it is to get them down, I was flipping out. Anyway, he is not nearly as bad I thought at first. And Thank You to Royce for teaching our team how to defeat him, even if it did take a ton of tries.

kavanah
10-05-2010, 12:17 PM

I solo'd him twice.

Prest87
10-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Can u help me beat him :(

Dizko
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Would like to also add to the 'Don't Nerf' team.

This game has made a very large step forward towards becoming an excellent MMO requiring teamwork etc.

It's just that the Mynas Generation are not skilled enough to take it :P

Slush
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Couple things about this boss. First, my poor dog heard language out of me that would make a sailor blush.
lmao ..........