PDA

View Full Version : Harg'kyth Bug (-_-#) fix it pls!

Lady_Pebbles
03-27-2013, 02:34 AM
For crying out loud I KNOW the devs know about this force close/crashing app/freezing/etc. Bug at this map while fighting the boss. I want to know WHY it hasn't been fixed yet?!

Literally crashed on my devices (listed below) many, many times today. Also a lot of friends (& random players in PUGs) crashed as well while in runs with me...
Most of the time they'd crash but I didn't crash & vice versa while in the same runs. This is so frustrating!

My Devices

SGS1 "Vibrant" (SGH-T959) on Froyo
Samsung Exhibit 4G on Gingerbread
Archos IT7b on Gingerbread

canislupis081376
03-27-2013, 04:43 AM
Yep...we know about it...yep..we're working on it..yep..buy some platinum, thx. Oh, did we forget a skill point at level cap? Our bad, buy some platinum plz. Thank you for using $T$ airways, and have a good day.

Akaee
03-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Bug is in since THE map is here. This game seems a bit forgotten atm. No new maps no reactions on new skill bugs/unbalance... I get my cap,and be gone again i guess.

Lady_Pebbles
03-27-2013, 12:41 PM
So frustrating... It is a jug hindering players game play experience and yet hasn't been fixed yet. Its like they broke their own TOS... Smh. Ugh.

EDIT: JUst happened to me again on the first run after logging in & checking the AH. Grrr... It bugs me to know this keeps happening and I lose chances on drops. I might've had a few Relics drop since I started farming there when it was released & can't even get them! UGH!

Kaytar
03-27-2013, 01:04 PM
That's why I don't go there

canislupis081376
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
That's why I don't go there

A great ides, however, some of us don't want to buy his purdy drops off the AH, due to inflation and all. I did that with my last ob crystal. New one is even worse. I really hate paying for something I want, because someone else was lucky enough to get said drop.

Lady_Pebbles
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I finally got the Obsidian Crystal drop* today. Took three days of runs to get it (same as for the Kriegberg Stone... Smh!). Now Im trying for some more or some relic weapons so I can make some moola. Takes for ever! Man Im not gonna be all over it again. One crystal is good enough to finish off my build. Now need to finish lvling up & hit up Harg'kyth once in a while.

Still, it sucks being DCed all the time on that map. It really blows. Hope they can get to it and fix the darn thing already. Geeze.

sirtibby
03-27-2013, 11:53 PM
I have no problem with Harg but a friend today saw obsidian drop... And on the way to pick it up.... Crash!

Qingsanale1st
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Fix it please dl team

Lady_Pebbles
03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
@Tibby: Ughvthat sucks! Have them email support to look into it so hopefully they can give em the item since it did drop. Afterall, it aint their fault the game is bugged.

& yes pls fix it!

demonicReaper
03-29-2013, 06:30 AM
still not fixed.. >.<.. i think game freezes when player have chances to relic hammer ;)

canislupis081376
03-31-2013, 01:39 AM
Ok..really..now i'm just a smidge ticked off. Killing blow harg, see the drops...2 weps with Leg aura around them..and FREEZE. Really??!!!? WTF. they drop maybe once in a haley's comet, and now that's prob my drop for the next 300 darn runs. COME ON. fix this. I don't want a stupid biker helm, or some sorry book. I want my darn drops.

doomdoomdoom
04-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Ok..really..now i'm just a smidge ticked off. Killing blow harg, see the drops...2 weps with Leg aura around them..and FREEZE. Really??!!!? WTF. they drop maybe once in a haley's comet, and now that's prob my drop for the next 300 darn runs. COME ON. fix this. I don't want a stupid biker helm, or some sorry book. I want my darn drops.

That really sucks. I think most people would be more than just a smidge ticked off.

canislupis081376
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
To be honest...I was more than a "smidge" But, I sort of expect no less.

Lady_Pebbles
04-01-2013, 11:17 PM
I seriously hate this bug with a passion lol. Soooo many times I wanna throw my phone at the freaken wall and then burn it in a fire pitt out back... Just like those ppl from the Game Fly commercials when they trash the stores (which everyone KNOWS is Game Stop). Lmao

Skeokateva
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
I think sts has put this crash bug and the serrated wing axe bug on its "ignore list"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Lady_Pebbles
04-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Still... Driving.. Ppl... Crazy... Hate this bug. -.-

canislupis081376
04-15-2013, 01:56 AM

Well..as a plus point..they did fix that really terrible bug of the K stone dropping on Rooftop. Check those priorities out, hmm?

Totallymad
04-15-2013, 02:52 AM
removed

Totallymad
04-15-2013, 02:56 AM
As for bug i got same issue for my Galaxy TAB... Ive noticed if it happen to me it happens only when hargnyth is about to make this fire shield around himseft

csb
04-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Harg'kyth's crashes constantly on my Android phone, and on my iPad. It has been this way for a very long time. I just assumed you would fix it some day, but perhaps you cannot find the bug? I know you want us to give you a 5 star rating, but honestly, no matter how good a program is, it cannot be 5 stars if it crashes. I have a lot of apps, and they don't crash.

I'm a computer programmer, and my programs never crash once they are released. I never have regressions. Let me give you some advice to help you out.

#1. Use a component based development approach. Create loosely coupled objects that can be tested independently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loose_coupling

#2. The objects that you create should be cohesive. Don't create objects that are random collections of data and functions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohesion_%28computer_science%29

#3. Create unit tests for all your components. For C++, I like using cppunit, but i modified it to add extra features.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_test

#4. You need to use programs like valgrind and Purify to check your code for memory corruption and memory leaks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valgrind

Hope that helps.

Lady_Pebbles
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Thank you very much csb & I hope they read that!

doomdoomdoom
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Harg'kyth's crashes constantly on my Android phone, and on my iPad. It has been this way for a very long time. I just assumed you would fix it some day, but perhaps you cannot find the bug? I know you want us to give you a 5 star rating, but honestly, no matter how good a program is, it cannot be 5 stars if it crashes. I have a lot of apps, and they don't crash.

I'm a computer programmer, and my programs never crash once they are released. I never have regressions. Let me give you some advice to help you out.

#1. Use a component based development approach. Create loosely coupled objects that can be tested independently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loose_coupling

#2. The objects that you create should be cohesive. Don't create objects that are random collections of data and functions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohesion_%28computer_science%29

#3. Create unit tests for all your components. For C++, I like using cppunit, but i modified it to add extra features.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_test

#4. You need to use programs like valgrind and Purify to check your code for memory corruption and memory leaks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valgrind

Hope that helps.

I think #4 may the most helpful in finding the Harg bug. I have no experience with Purify, it is probably pretty nice, but not free. Valgrind is a good open source tool for identifying hard to find memory and mutli-thread issues.

Wanted to add that I suspect this is a hard bug to find, much more so than most of the bugs we report. But hopefully some STS developer who likes a challenge will volunteer to take a look at it for us....please. :)

hellangelsdf
05-03-2013, 06:15 AM
still not fixed.. !!! :vmad:

I was trying to help a couple people get Obsidian Lord title yesterday. He was finally almost dead, and crash! GRRRRR!!!

Lady_Pebbles
05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Ikr! I did some runs there yesterday and got frozen a few times. So annoying.

Baasakri
05-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Ikr! I did some runs there yesterday and got frozen a few times. So annoying.

This also happened to me and one of my friends.. He quit the game when he saw a relic drop , and the game crashed ..

doomdoomdoom
05-22-2013, 05:15 PM
This also happened to me and one of my friends.. He quit the game when he saw a relic drop , and the game crashed ..

Ouch! Poor friend....that would really suck. >_<

canislupis081376
05-26-2013, 05:13 AM

Why would you quit if you saw a relic drop. Maybe I am misunderstanding...but that just seems..odd.

doomdoomdoom
05-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Why would you quit if you saw a relic drop. Maybe I am misunderstanding...but that just seems..odd.

Relic dropped for him and game crashed before he could collect.

Phantomas
05-31-2013, 07:33 AM

Hear hear, come on dev team give us at least aknowledgement u r aware of problem, and that myby u will, can do something abt it

:miserable::concern::hororr::grief::chargrined::di spirited::grumpy:

Malladus
06-09-2013, 02:16 PM
That must suck dude! Hope your friend continues to play...

doomdoomdoom
07-29-2013, 11:55 AM
If you can't completely avoid the entire crash....it would be helpful if you could please modify the code so that if the game does crash you don't get a death added to your stats.

Rite
08-10-2013, 09:52 PM
FFS fix this damn bug already.
Come on STS, this is and has been a big problem for LONG time.

oaseiasi
10-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Dayum this still going on, I feel like punching my computer.

Contravention
10-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Yea ice had that happen to me so much just so happy that it didn't crash on me whwn I got my serated axes

sasukessj2
11-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Omg i thought i was the only one

zaid
11-05-2013, 05:41 AM
When i finish kill harg kyth i see it drop the relic weapon but suddenly the games freezes
Im already play almost 1 months to get that weapon
Now im really get mad on dl

doomdoomdoom
11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Ouch....that really sucks. Sorry zaid.

Thunder Legend
11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
?-?

zaid
11-06-2013, 11:54 PM
My ign hioratie

Primal
11-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Unbelievable. This thread was created in March. This problem still exist. I confirm it. Butwatdhellisdis

Sent from prison.

Kraoracha
11-15-2013, 06:02 AM
I havent had a freeze in a few months, but then again I only run that map about 5 times in a row, so is probably luck.
Reading people had a relic weapon drop and then freeze before getting it, that would be the ultimate frustration...

Contravention
12-14-2013, 10:31 PM
theory to me is that they want it to crash. if they havnt fixed it after all this time there is a reason they havnt fixed it

Virai
08-21-2014, 09:29 PM
This bug really ticks me off too. Thats why I don't farm there anymore. One day I go to farm harg and first run CRASH! then i get back on dl and try again, immediately CRASH! I decide to try a third time right after logging back in and guess what? CRASH! So I just give up -.-

Robvas2013
08-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Yup the devs know about this issue and for some reason mentioned by Contravention, they wont fix it. How long does it take them to fix 4,5,6 yrs???