PDA

View Full Version : food for thought

dasheddreams
03-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Ive been an sts gamer for awhile now, back when it was only pocket legends and you had to buy the next lvl. Still love the shield and the fact it changes per chararcter. Ok players id like to remind you all that sts is a company, just like walmart, sears, target, etc., they do rely on us to enjoy their game and want to buy stuff. Please dont forget that. As a plat buying person, yes i buy plat and spend money to support the game, here lately ive been thing of somethings i wouldnt mind seeing changes in and alot do have to deal with arcane. Please bbear with me. Id love to see and hear feed back from everyone. First of all, arcane seems to be more of a lottery based type game. Open crates for a chance to get a mythic helm or arcane weapon. As i was informed, yes that purchase is like finding a rare baseball card in a pack. I completely agree right now thats the way it is. But in all respect, there are other ways to get that same rare card. I could go to any card shop and buy it for a certain price. Other than a chance, allow us to buy it if a certain price. Plat outfits, in all fairness to everyone who plays the game, i feel plat bought outfits should only be surpassed by elite or crafted outfits. As it sits right now from what i have seen, dark legends is the only game that the plat bought outfit rivals if not better than the drops u can get from doing runs. Why spend 70plat on an outfit when the stats of the equipment are no better than a lvl 21 player. I understand the design of the outfit will not be found anywhere else but without the extra stats why buy it. I only have so much to sell, so please add better stats instead of extra auction space. A place in game in which is only plat bought for players to get away from the majority of freebee players. Like pl in the beginning. Not asking for special drops, just a plat bought area. Please reconsider the ambassadors programs for in game players. Im sure the community has their own ideas and opinions, so i leave the rest up to them. Please remember to be constructive

Energizeric
03-27-2013, 09:09 PM
I think if they were to iimplement your idea you are starting to get into a "pay to win" type of game.

It's funny how people just can't decide what they want... In PL they complained and complained about the OP elixirs and the turnstyle dungeons, all of which cost lots of plat. The general consensus among players in PL was that without plat you had no chance to do well, but if you had plat you were guaranteed to do well....

So STS made a big change in AL. They made it so that even with plat nothing was guaranteed. They did this to satisfy complaints about this from the PL community. So thus we have the locked crates. There's no guarantee that you will get the rare items. You have better odds if you spend lots of plat, but no guarantee...

Well, it seems like now players are complaining that they do indeed want a guarantee that if they spend a lot of plat they will have the best items. Personally I find it a bit boring myself. I prefer a system that rewards hard work rather than just buying your way to victory.

Obviously STS has to make money somehow, so pick your poison... Either it will be:

1) "pay to win" like in PL/DL where those with plat are guaranteed to get the best items and achievements.

or

2) the AL model where nobody is guaranteed anything, and spending plat only betters your chances, but it is in no way certain.

Sounds like after seeing the alternative, people actually do prefer #1. Perhaps some others can vote on which they prefer.

Promagin
03-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I call bs.

dasheddreams
03-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Well like i said, the best items should be something that u play for. Whether its elite or crafted(Pl). The lottery type achievement is what got to me.

Psyche
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Option 2 sounds better in theory, but i know i'd be more willing to spend if plat if i knew i was going to get what i wanted. so idk.

Lady_Pebbles
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Actually, like I said before on another thread... On DL, some of the best items to have for you toon are droppable & not bought with plat. The Relic weapons and gems take a long time to actually drop along with the Kriegberg Stones for most people (took me three days for each elite gem to drop & the weapons take waaaay longer). Also, the plat gems suck compared to droppable gems. Some of the droppable vanities even look better than the plat vanities.

That being said, there is a huge fact that we should take into account as well; considering how much the crates cost to open (15plat per crate) vs most weapon/gem gamble packs in DL (5plat up to 25plat the most). I think its right in the middle (obviously). HOWEVER, we don't have to go through a lot of runs just to get a gamble pack to drop on a map on DL & then pay to open it. THAT is adding insult to injury. Making us farm for something we have to pay to open in order to get a chance at a drop.... Smh!

I think they should CHANGE the crates:

1) Put the current crates in the Plat Store where players can directly buy them. Just like the gamble packs on DL & the other gamble packs on AL's Plat Store.

&

2) Recycle the graphics of the "crates" & call them"boxes". These boxes will still drop like crates do now but -are not gamble packs & have a much rarer drop rate-. Simply have players break them open with Story Tokens or even Hauntlet Coins or with Gold! (gold sink) Hell even introduce new coins to open them with. Once they open, we get a guaranteed Mythic or Arcane item. Kinda like Relic Weapons & Krigberg Stones on DL only takes longer to drop perse.

This might kill two birds with one stone; players with plat still have a better chance to get these items. And players who rather not pay plat have a reason to farm both coins and other maps for a chance at getting these uber rare new boxes.

Idk.. They might just take this idea and make the current crates drop more rarely or something... Bleh.

EDIT: They already took the casual essence of AL and tossed it out the window so might as well. :\

Edit #2: I might make a thread of my own with this idea to get some feedback... O.o hmm *runs off to AL's Feedback Forum* xD

dasheddreams
03-27-2013, 10:29 PM
I like the idea of a rare box drop that guarntees a mythic or arcane drop.

dasheddreams
03-27-2013, 10:32 PM
And players plz dont forget sts is a companythat is relying on us players. Honestly, its either we buy and spend plat or wait thru ads til we enter the next lvl. Ya i dont like ads

Energizeric
03-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Option 2 sounds better in theory, but i know i'd be more willing to spend if plat if i knew i was going to get what i wanted. so idk.

This is the best statement I've read in all of these threads today. Thanks for being honest. This is what many players think but will not post.

Players who do not buy plat always complain that they don't want players who spend plat to have a big advantage. But who is going to buy lots of plat then if there is no advantage. Yes, I may be a vanity item on occasion, but that won't be enough for STS to be profitable.

On the other hand, players who spend lots of plat want to have a big advantage because they are spending their hard earned money. But even they do not want to play an empty game. And if plat gives too big of an advantage, then all of the players who don't buy plat will leave and the game will become pretty empty.

So the solution is to walk the fine line between both of these options. But it's very hard to get it right and you are never going to fully please both camps here.

Aniscater
03-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Hi Dasheddreams didn't know you're in the forums:)
I can't buy plat (I'm underage) but I would buy if I just could.
I just hope that STS adds new rare farmable pets. I know that STS needs to make money but not every good pet need to be plat purchalable or in Watch Crates.

dasheddreams
03-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Hi aniscater. Yup im in the forums. Lol
Im not wanting some big advantage for spending plat reasons i still think the better items should be something that is played for, but like psyche said "id be willing to spend plat if i knew i was going to get what i wanted". How many threads are there about ppl spending thousands trying to get an arcane or mythic item? Still do like pebbles idea about a a new chest