PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer?

Energizeric
03-27-2013, 09:16 PM
As we all know, STS has to make money somehow.

In PL many players complained that with all of the OP elixirs and turnstyle dungeons, players who spent lots of plat had an easy time doing well while those who did not could not even complete a normal dungeon. It was basically "pay to win". If you spent plat you were pretty much guaranteed to do well.

So in AL they made a big change.... No longer is anything guaranteed if you spend lots of plat. It does better your chances, but nothing is certain. Thus the locked crates.... You have a better chance of obtaining a mythic or arcane item if you open lots of crates, but there is no guarantee.

So which do you all prefer?

1) If you spend lots of plat you are guaranteed to have the best items available and all of the top achievements

or

2) If you spend lots of plat you are not guaranteed anything, but only increase your odds of getting the best gear

Myself I prefer #2. I prefer a game that rewards not how much you spend, but how hard you work. But others seem to get very upset when they spend plat and don't get the items they want. What do you think?

gundamsone
03-27-2013, 09:22 PM
or #3: p2p subscription based game...they can still keep their f2p servers up and running

dasheddreams
03-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Well like i said in my thread, i do think the better items in the game should be left to all the gamers that grind and farm for them. Whether they are farmed thru elite or if they are a craftable item those who farm and grind for it should have the better items in game. Those arent plat bought

Redtank
03-27-2013, 11:01 PM
I myself would also choose #2, cuz I also think u should get rewarded on how hard u work not how much u spend(if u do spend u would get something in return). The forums would decrease with bothering threads if this happened

xcainnblecterx
03-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Yea sts needs to make its money, but theres 4 games that their making revenue off of. I wouldnt choose either chose as option #1 is badically what already is if you spend plats you can get lots of money and buy best gear, unless you gamble on crate which lead to opption #2 is also like this, you spend lots of plat for something that isnt guaranteed when you can just buy lots of gold and buy what in said crates. Unless your saying to be implemented into gam

wvhills
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
subscriptions

Lalarie
03-28-2013, 08:46 AM
#2 But I wouldn't chose subscriptions, if they made subscriptions i would centrally be quitting

Raxin
03-28-2013, 10:12 AM
In plat offers and buying ive spent over $200 bucks that divided by months since start = $50 bucks a month id rather subscribe and all the plat goodied be drops...
And i know alot exceed my spending