View Full Version : Stop the Madness.

ZigZag
03-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Rare (green) drops from Elite end Bosses.

Fin.

Greencrow
03-28-2013, 03:28 AM
Rare is better than legendaries or mythic or arcane or even epic.. that's why they love opening locked crates :P

hotpimp
03-28-2013, 04:27 PM
I kind of like seeing the green letters pop up on my screen after i kill an incredibly hard boss
-noone ever.

ZigZag
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
The few times I have done Skull Cove Elite all have ended in Rare sadness.

FluffNStuff
03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Would like the green drops to stop for everyone or just yourself?

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Would like the green drops to stop for everyone or just yourself?

I was gonna say that. Cause I love green items. Reminds me of the times when I was a kid, running in some parks, playing with my dog, hands touching the grass, running everywhere and jumping everywhere, making them clothes all green so the mommy could clean them over and over again. Man, good old childhoods. Pure awesomeness.

Eggcelent
03-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Greens on elite bosses is getting out of hand. I dont expect mythic/arcane drops but there needs to be some tweaking.

GoodSyntax
03-28-2013, 05:57 PM
It's almost as awesome as opening Golden Banded chests and getting nothing but greens.

Better yet, BUYING a bunch of Golden Banded chests and getting a whole lot of greens!

Zanpakuto
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
lol, greens at the end of bosses are awesome! What's not cool is when someone else gets a pink and you're stuck with a green

FluffNStuff
03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Fine, serious answer. The reason you get so many greens is because of elixers. Lets pretend for a moment the the drop rate for purples was 100%. Then with an elixer, the drop rate for pinks would be 30%. That would make em over powered, so they adjust. Now lets look at the pink drop rate. If that is 1%, they could make the purples 10%. Now your chance of a purple times your chance to reroll is 3% and add to that the original pink chance and you now have 4%. That is 4 times the base rate. These numbers are fake but you should get the idea.

wvhills
03-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Fine, serious answer. The reason you get so many greens is because of elixers. Lets pretend for a moment the the drop rate for purples was 100%. Then with an elixer, the drop rate for pinks would be 30%. That would make em over powered, so they adjust. Now lets look at the pink drop rate. If that is 1%, they could make the purples 10%. Now your chance of a purple times your chance to reroll is 3% and add to that the original pink chance and you now have 4%. That is 4 times the base rate. These numbers are fake but you should get the idea.

That's why they should do away with luck elixirs. I believe carapace ended then in dl if I remember correctly.

Chaim Nail
03-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Yesterday I got a free 30 min luck elixir and managed to get 2 locked crates and a Ribbit egg from the rerolls, today I got another free 30 min luck elixir and again managed to get 2 locked crates from the rerolls and a Deary egg which wasn't from a reroll.

You just gotta know where to farm when you get lucky :D

Temarichan
04-02-2013, 11:54 AM
If we had 100% garentee of loot better than rare, then the game would be a disaster.....you have to work hard to get good items...

Rare
04-02-2013, 12:03 PM
If we had 100% garentee of loot better than rare, then the game would be a disaster.....you have to work hard and be lucky to get good items...

Modified slightly

Khylan
04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
There isn't much incentive to run a hard map more than once for the achievement unless you are a masochist :)

Rollo
04-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah... gotta agree. At least remove the rares from the loot table. I'm sure they can adjust the rest of the tables drop rates. Although they don't really need to lower the .01% chance of a pink to accommodate, do they? ._.

Carapace
04-03-2013, 02:14 AM
The key thing about loot drops is volume. In a game like Diablo 2 for example there were and probably still are hundreds of thousands of players. If a super amazing item drops there for a single chance of say 1/20,000 then individually most players will never see one drop, however that means with 100,000 players killing that enemy for the loot every 10min then there are 5 added to the world every 10 min. 30 every hour. 720 a day. Which is over 5000 a week. Increase that to 300k players and its 15000 a week!

We all love to see pink drops and mythics, but we have to keep drops appropriate for the game, and not appease our cravings for power too carelessly! It can very quickly break the game and the economy, in a way that can't just be "patched" if if things go wrong.

We're in a position where controlling things in such a way is in the best interest of the game and its players, even though sometimes seeing those greens can sting more than a little.

Thanks guys :)

LwMark
04-03-2013, 02:20 AM
The key thing about loot drops is volume. In a game like Diablo 2 for example there were and probably still are hundreds of thousands of players. If a super amazing item drops there for a single chance of say 1/20,000 then individually most players will never see one drop, however that means with 100,000 players killing that enemy for the loot every 10min then there are 5 added to the world every 10 min. 30 every hour. 720 a day. Which is over 5000 a week. Increase that to 300k players and its 15000 a week!

We all love to see pink drops and mythics, but we have to keep drops appropriate for the game, and not appease our cravings for power too carelessly! It can very quickly break the game and the economy, in a way that can't just be "patched" if if things go wrong.

We're in a position where controlling things in such a way is in the best interest of the game and its players, even though sometimes seeing those greens can sting more than a little.

Thanks guys :)

Thanks for explaining this to everyone

Temarichan
04-03-2013, 03:08 AM
Legendary are called "Legendary" for a reason lol.

If you get good stuff every single time you do an elite then it'll loose the purpose of the game!

ZigZag
04-03-2013, 04:49 AM
I guess its just painful to finish an 30minute-1hr long cove run to receive some 3gold liquid green.

Khylan
04-03-2013, 09:02 AM
The difficulty of the elite dungeons are the problem. The economy wasn't broken before the Kraken update...if anything it's much worse now because not as many people are running elite pugs. By making the elite modes so difficult you alienate the bulk of your player base who isn't very good.

The normal maps are fine, a good player of any class can solo all the way through skull cove at level 23 (and obliterate it at 26 with 26 gear). Still, most players in a pug are so bad (face pounders, pound face against keyboard to control character) that getting through a normal map is an agonizing process, much less an elite map. What's the solution? Either dumb down the content or make elite maps for elite level players only and progression based (have to do elite maps in order). Unless a level 25 is in the best gear possible he has no business in an elite dungeon.

You can't make everyone happy, and it seems like no one is happy with the elite map system. Devs spend all this time making elite maps that no one wants to run because they take too long for what you get. Make the maps elite only, with class specific drop tables that aren't sellable (common purple, and rare purples) and still have a chance to drop chests. The loot doesn't need to be best, and you already have this in place with the weapon/armor drops on the bosses for Kraken, why not push it to the next level?

Making content harder without increasing the reward doesn't really make sense, make elite maps elite only with guaranteed special class specific drops that can't be sold or traded people will run maps over and over to get that rare drop.

Azepeiete
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
What you're suggesting would ruin the games mechanics...you can't make purples more common, because rerolls would be pinks every time, and if everyone had the elite pinks from the maps they'd be worthless, golden chests would be worthless(they're a purple) and then the pinks, mythics, and arcanes from those chests would be cheap(pinks would be worthless). This argument always comes up...the game wouldn't become easier, it'd be the same thing. The longer the expansion is out the more worthless the gear would become. Items go down together, unless updated specifically....just because you are rewarded with less money from a pink doesn't mean it has a lesser value, because all pinks are cheaper.

Khylan
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
What you're suggesting would ruin the games mechanics...you can't make purples more common, because rerolls would be pinks every time, and if everyone had the elite pinks from the maps they'd be worthless, golden chests would be worthless(they're a purple) and then the pinks, mythics, and arcanes from those chests would be cheap(pinks would be worthless). This argument always comes up...the game wouldn't become easier, it'd be the same thing. The longer the expansion is out the more worthless the gear would become. Items go down together, unless updated specifically....just because you are rewarded with less money from a pink doesn't mean it has a lesser value, because all pinks are cheaper.

It's kinda a moot point, I keep forgetting that we don't loot a NPC corpse so the mechanics wouldn't work anyway. Still, elites take too long in their current form for a mobile game :)

Rollo
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM

No one said raise the drop rate % chance for pinks. I have no idea why greens and items below level 25 are even dropping from elites in the first place. They could remove all of these worthless items from the loot table and adjust the numbers for the remaining items to compensate.

Rare
04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
No one said raise the drop rate % chance for pinks. I have no idea why greens and items below level 25 are even dropping from elites in the first place. They could remove all of these worthless items from the loot table and adjust the numbers for the remaining items to compensate.

Like Warriorname said, with luck elixirs this would break the system. You HAVE to have the green drops there. Otherwise, every time someone rerolled, it would give them a pink. The level is inconsequential. Its the rarity of the loot that would break the system.

Lalarie
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM

A reroll raises the items you receive rarity up, ex) you get a green you get a blue then

So if no more greens it means, blues mostly. If you have a reroll elixer, you would get a pink because it would be blue original

Edit: I always get ninja'd ._.

Khylan
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Ah yeah, luck elixirs need to go

Rollo
04-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Like Warriorname said, with luck elixirs this would break the system. You HAVE to have the green drops there. Otherwise, every time someone rerolled, it would give them a pink. The level is inconsequential. Its the rarity of the loot that would break the system.

I see, so the system isn't flawed. The elixirs are. If they cant change that then they could at least remove weapons and armor below level 25 from the loot table.

eugene9707
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
A reroll raises the items you receive rarity up, ex) you get a green you get a blue then

So if no more greens it means, blues mostly. If you have a reroll elixer, you would get a pink because it would be blue original

Edit: I always get ninja'd ._.

not true , i've ask this in SL before, but re-roll does not give you a rarity up, you have 25% chance of re-roll (so you get another item from the loot table), and if you got a better loot then the message shows up, if you got a worst loot, nothing happens....

Well that's if Al re-roll have same mechanics as SL ...

Lalarie
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
not true , i've ask this in SL before, but re-roll does not give you a rarity up, you have 25% chance of re-roll (so you get another item from the loot table), and if you got a better loot then the message shows up, if you got a worst loot, nothing happens....

I was talking about when you reroll, quote "reroll"

Busterbiebe
04-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I agree with some of that, lalarie. If u get a loot elixir, there's only a quarter chance of getting a higher rate loot drop. Say green and white were removed, I could get purple still. Kinda like Eugene was saying, (btw that's my name:)) until I lost him In the SL stuff.
But lalarie, u were right that removing greens would mess up the loot mechanics. Say that the loot was a pie chart. About 31% is a green drop. 41% is a white. 24% is a pink. 4% mythic. No arcane drops. If we were to take away 72% of the chart, an elixir would only b able to boost our luck by 25% or quarter of 28%, which is 7%. Only 7% of getting a boost. Wow.

eugene9707
04-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I was talking about when you reroll, quote "reroll"

and im saying reroll doesnt mean a rarity up , it might be 2 rarity up ? or get a "worst loot" and it doesnt have the "rerolled and get better loot" message...

(cuz i've gotten a 100% reroll elix on SL and it doesnt have "re-rolled and get better loot" message whenever i get a drop....)

i think we should have a dev explain the mechanic of a re-roll ....

Rare
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM

This is incorrect and was changed a long time ago. It was like that in the beginning however.

and im saying reroll doesnt mean a rarity up , it might be 2 rarity up ? or get a "worst loot" and it doesnt have the "rerolled and get better loot" message...

(cuz i've gotten a 100% reroll elix on SL and it doesnt have "re-rolled and get better loot" message whenever i get a drop....)

i think we should have a dev explain the mechanic of a re-roll ....

Actually it does mean one rarity up. I don't have time to scour for the developer post.

EDIT: Oh I found it. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?85-How-Luck-Enhancers-Work) Now this is all under the assumption that the mechanics are the same across all their games. Seems logical.

Pandamoni
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
This is incorrect and was changed a long time ago. It was like that in the beginning however.

Actually it does mean one rarity up. I don't have time to scour for the developer post.

EDIT: Oh I found it. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?85-How-Luck-Enhancers-Work) Now this is all under the assumption that the mechanics are the same across all their games. Seems logical.

Lol, totally ninja'd...went to find it for u but you beat meh

Rare
04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Lol, totally ninja'd...went to find it for u but you beat meh

I am a pro ninja!! :D

ZigZag
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
To think this was just a little vent thread :D

Mysticaleagle
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Thread should be renamed to "stop posting" so it gets locked already.

ZigZag
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Thread should be renamed to "stop posting" so it gets locked already.
^this

Rare
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
^this

Yeah sts. Please make it so we aren't automatically directed to this thread.

Oh wait.