PDA

View Full Version : Slag the Fire Elemental is Now Available from The Stable!

Samhayne
03-28-2013, 03:34 PM

Get him now from The Stable for 250 Platinum!

Aplyed
03-28-2013, 03:48 PM
1st

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Awesome Sam... he looks beast. o.O

Slashiroth
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
If only he had +30 dex..........

jtst
03-28-2013, 03:55 PM
If only he had +30 dex..........

and +20% crit.. smh

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Awesome Sam... he looks beast. o.O

Edited to remove drama.. lol I was just suggesting Sam. XD

Reggin
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Does his arcane do anything in pvp?

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
ANYWAYS. I just bought 1700 platinums annnnnnd the pet... lol

Aplyed
03-28-2013, 05:05 PM
ANYWAYS. I just bought 1700 platinums annnnnnd the pet... lol

And one of my crates, Mythic is addicted to locked crates XD

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
And one of my crates, Mythic is addicted to locked crates XD

Bought 15, and opened them all. Guess what? Nothing.

Like I said in another thread, I did some Hauntlet runs with Yohoho for about an hour to level up Slag, and man, don't even think about buying it or not, cause honestly you HAVE to buy him, he's awesome! He's just level 14, and I have around 5s difference since my last runs.

I am really happy of my purchase. Way to go Slag! :)

Aplyed
03-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Bought 15, and opened them all. Guess what? Nothing.

Like I said in another thread, I did some Hauntlet runs with Yohoho for about an hour to level up Slag, and man, don't even think about buying it or not, cause honestly you HAVE to buy him, he's awesome! He's just level 14, and I have around 5s difference since my last runs.

Why u gotta go and tell my this mystic

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Why u gotta go and tell my this mystic

Cause YOU GOTTA GO BUY IT! :D If you like being a good rogue. :p

Really.. you should!

Iphoneington
03-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Beast pet!:)

Swede
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM

But... but he doesn't have 30 DEX, he's useless!

Mysticaleagle
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM

Yes, he is useless. As useless as my 250 platinums were! ;)

Jellowpy
03-28-2013, 08:09 PM
@mystical
Mehh you turn ur back at our whining in a heartbeat booo
Anyway lets do some time run when we are OL heh

--Graveblink

JaytB
03-28-2013, 10:13 PM

God, I ran out of thanks. You do have an evil side to you, you know that right? :p

Edit: I pasted my thoughts I made in another thread, about the new pet, here...

So, I caved in and bought me the pet.

As a Dmg focused rogue, you'll definitely loose a bit of survivability (HP) and a tiny bit of mana and dmg/dps in your stats screen. The good news is that the 12% dmg increase is definitely noticable, the increased walk speed is nice too.

So far, the arcane ability looks like dealing a fair amount of AOE dmg and has a chance to stun even bosses (much like clyde). I haven't leveled it up far enough yet to see what it can really do. The downside is the fairly long cooldown time of the ability.

All in all I had prefered a bit more str mainly, but it's not so bad that you'll suddenly die a lot during elite runs as compared to running with malison.

It's a nice pet with cool looks and can definitely help speed up farming runs, without sacrificing too much practical survivability (as compared to mali). Is it worth 250plat? That's for each individual to decide.

There are similar statted pets purchasable with gold, giving non-plat buyers equally worthy alternatives, and maybe that wasn't such a bad move after all.

Zuzeq
03-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Honestly good to hear, buuut ill hold on to my 250 for another day. Hopefully there is a +30 DEX pet up in the cold mountains (hint)

LwMark
03-28-2013, 11:48 PM
I would of rather bougbt slag with my 1000plat wasted on locked crates:(
I wish he was gonna be in store beforw i did

Dervy
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Hope they wud still make +30dex pet in d expansion ;) just sayn...

Slashiroth
03-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Question, why doesn't slag learn any new arcane abilities as he levels up? Or at least make the stun and burn.last longer.

Valsacar
03-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Someone explain his arcane ability to me please, I'm not seeing much. It doesn't appear to do any damage, has a huge cool down time, and the panic thing... maybe it's a stun?

Mysticaleagle
03-29-2013, 04:09 AM
@mystical
Mehh you turn ur back at our whining in a heartbeat booo
Anyway lets do some time run when we are OL heh

--Graveblink

Yes! I hope you have the pet. Cause it'll be you, me and Yohoho. :D And xxsaraixx.

Haligali
03-29-2013, 05:52 AM
it's a good all around useful pet

Taigah
03-29-2013, 07:25 AM
I went ahead and bought the pet too, the real money was already spent on plat :P

It's a nice pet, I'll give you that. The run speed helps in RROD situations, the dmg is nice (but pleeeeease fix so it shows on stat screen (I know you said you're working on it, but speed it up? :)))

I hope you will do more testing and thinking before announcing such things from now, as it's not a good way of marketing at all. If it hadn't been for the point that I had already bought the plat to use on this pet before he changed, I wouldn't, no matter how the pet turned out in the end. And that's just because of the last minute change..
Please be more serious about this in the future, and maybe I'll spend some more on plat.

The stats on the pet is nice, like Jaytb said, it gives a little less survivability, but you're able to kill faster, and I don't mind this.
And the stun, (even on bosses), I looove it :)
Apart from a fairly long cooldown (a sec less would be nice enough), the only thing I feel it lacks, (apart from the +30 dex lol;)), is some regen, pref on mana or both.. If just a tiny bit, +2 or something, would help anyway :) And ofc I miss the dodge from Malison, but can't have it all, right? :)

Anyway, thanks for a great pet, I like it.

Weagledan
03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
God, I ran out of thanks. You do have an evil side to you, you know that right? :p

Edit: I pasted my thoughts I made in another thread, about the new pet, here...

So, I caved in and bought me the pet.

As a Dmg focused rogue, you'll definitely loose a bit of survivability (HP) and a tiny bit of mana and dmg/dps in your stats screen. The good news is that the 12% dmg increase is definitely noticable, the increased walk speed is nice too.

So far, the arcane ability looks like dealing a fair amount of AOE dmg and has a chance to stun even bosses (much like clyde). I haven't leveled it up far enough yet to see what it can really do. The downside is the fairly long cooldown time of the ability.

All in all I had prefered a bit more str mainly, but it's not so bad that you'll suddenly die a lot during elite runs as compared to running with malison.

It's a nice pet with cool looks and can definitely help speed up farming runs, without sacrificing too much practical survivability (as compared to mali). Is it worth 250plat? That's for each individual to decide.

There are similar statted pets purchasable with gold, giving non-plat buyers equally worthy alternatives, and maybe that wasn't such a bad move after all.

Great summary there Jay. I bought him to use with my warrior, and think he's a good option for all player types (pretty balanced, similar to Mali). The handstand trick is pretty sweet too :)

Jexetta
03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
I haven't fully leveled up Slag at this point so I'm not seeing the full effectiveness of his arcane ability. His stat boosts are nice and I've noticed a increase in damage - the above posts make plenty of mention that this is a pretty good pet to cruise around with, and I agree. However, one item that should definitely be mentioned is the cool-down/refresh rate on his arcane ability. If you're used to other pets and you actually use their arcane ability (not everyone clicks that frequently) then you're going to have to get used to waiting longer. Just to put some numbers out there.. (I like numbers :P)

The refresh rate on the some pets are the following :
Flapjack - 15 Seconds
Mallison - 15 Seconds
Shiloh - 15 Seconds

Ribbit - 12 Seconds
Nexus - 12 Seconds
Konga - 12 Seconds

Wrathjaw - 7 Seconds
Snaggletooth - 7 Seconds

All the above being viewed... The refresh rate for Slag is 25 seconds! That's a really long time, so I just thought people should know this. I'm not complaining at all, I like the pet - but before you buy I thought people should know this fact!

As ever,
Jexy

Haligali
03-29-2013, 08:13 AM
If you have time,do the summon-dismiss trick.

Natrich
03-29-2013, 09:52 AM
All the above being viewed... The refresh rate for Slag is 25 seconds! That's a really long time, so I just thought people should know this. I'm not complaining at all, I like the pet - but before you buy I thought people should know this fact!

Yeah, its a bit long. But reducing it to that 15 seconds would be way too good. Even 20 seconds is pushing it

Dervy
03-29-2013, 12:45 PM
I still wish for a 30 dex pet :3

But this ok..:)

Dervy
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
test

Zanpakuto
03-30-2013, 02:46 AM
It's an okay pet. Much better for rogues still. Warriors should stick with ripmaw

Oraceanid
03-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I have learnt my lesson. I am not quick to buy anything in this game. Ripmaw is Ok. Maybe not mythic. You would like to think when you spend so much you expect to get a pet who is atleast 3-4 times as powerful as say ribbit but still not translating. So I love to hold on to my plats. Even on opening crates I hesitate. Lol. I am glad I did not jump into this one either. By the way look at the "axe of potency" so expensive when it was out. Look at the prices now. lol again.Buying all these seems not to be worth it in turns of value for money. I look for alternatives. For example someone is selling a level 26 pendant/ring for 600 k when it is just +1 above a level 25. I say are you crazy and walk away with the level 25 for 200K or less. Later in the game all this expensive stuff will be worth nothing while you are still able to play and enjoy the game do well with items of lesser calibre. And yes your plats are gone.lol for the third time.

Rob Prose
03-31-2013, 01:56 PM
I personally haven't bought slag yet, I probably will for kicks and rogues banner, but I like what I'm reading. When you put all it's stats together it may not be as stat buffy as Mali and idk if it's reg ATK is aoe like Mali but I can see it as viable in late/end game content where you have plenty of stats coming from lvl, gear, and passives. When I get it I'll most likely be switching b/n the two depending on my group.

As for the cost. Well if you like STS go for it. It would be cool if they had a premium user account option that gives you like daily drop of premium loot, elixirs, pets, ect... Just an idea to kick around. Or STS could go public and offer stock so players can invest lol.

Mysticaleagle
03-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Feels like everyone has Slag. -_-
Doesn't feel like it's a "special" pet now.. -_-

Rob Prose
03-31-2013, 10:56 PM
So I got him for my rogue(Simica. Warriors with hor hit me up I'll dps for you all day lol) and honestly haven't noticed that big of a survivablilty drop. It's no flap jack when were talking regen but the buff allows me to 1 shot mobs at my level with aimed crits. I like it obvious the highly QQed about +30 dex would have been beyond mythic but it's worth if if you have the cash.

I'm curious about how the sorcs feel about it though. Heard enough from rogues and the dex nerd...

Slashiroth
04-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Am I the only one upset that slag doesn't learn any new arcane or passive abilities? It seems highly ridiculous that the developers not only nerf it but are too lazy to think of new abilities for the pet that costs 250 plat as he levels up. I would definitely love yo hear what STS has to say regarding this issue.

yuriramos
04-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Hows the success rate on its panic skill? Same as clydes?

Montanabro
04-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Hows the success rate on its panic skill? Same as clydes?

My very rough estimate from PvPing with him for about 2 days is that Panic procs half of the time.

yuriramos
04-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I think clydes panic success rate is about the same, only its 15 sec cooldown. As a mage, i guess clydes 30 int 7crit 10str and faster panic cooldown is a little bit better for pvp.

Aplyed
04-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Am I the only one upset that slag doesn't learn any new arcane or passive abilities? It seems highly ridiculous that the developers not only nerf it but are too lazy to think of new abilities for the pet that costs 250 plat as he levels up. I would definitely love yo hear what STS has to say regarding this issue.

I 2nd this , any dev's wanna stop ignoring our slag thread?

Carapace
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM

He has a new passive ability every 10 levels, are you not seeing this?

JaytB
04-11-2013, 03:03 PM
He has a new passive ability every 10 levels, are you not seeing this?

Does that mean it will have an additional passive ability when reaching 30?

zweixii
04-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Can someone who have Slag confirm if there a new passive skill at level 30?

Thanks in advance.

Khylan
04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes, it's the same thing but can hit multiple targets :)

Edit. The description says multiple targets, but it's not working, still only a single target attack :(

Valsacar
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Yes, it's the same thing but can hit multiple targets :)

Edit. The description says multiple targets, but it's not working, still only a single target attack :(

Mine hits multiples correctly.