View Full Version : AL login?

setec
03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I have a Space time Studios account from PL and SL. Where in AL do I log into my account? I only see options to play as a guest or create a new account. Thanks.

Samhayne
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Hit the Red X in the upper corner of that login screen to back out to where you can use an email address. The login flow for Arcane Legends assumes you're a new player, not a returning STS player.

setec
03-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Never mind. I see when you are the "login as guest" screen that you have to hit the red X and then you get options to sign in. :)

But when I login, I now don't have access to my current character.

How can I login and have my current character?

Thanks.

Kazillo
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
It's funny when I started AL I totally forgot to login because you don't start at the login page like the other games. Got far, then had to delete character and rejoin a guild lol.

setec
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Ouch. So, is that what I need to do? I am only level 6 so that is no big deal. I just want to retain my main name Setec, so hopefully it is available in the server when I delete it.

EDIT: I deleted the guest character, logged into my STS account and was able to get the same name right away.

I think there should be a way to merge a guest character with an existing STS account. And I also think it should be more intuitive to sign into your STS account with AL when launching the game for the first time. After all, STS probably wants us to try all their games. :)

Samhayne
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I think there should be a way to merge a guest character with an existing STS account. And I also think it should be more intuitive to sign into your STS account with AL when launching the game for the first time. After all, STS probably wants us to try all their games. :)

Hi Setec,

The reality is that the vast majority of people who first play our games are completely new to them. Most of them play on a trial guest account because we make it easy for them to get in and play, which is a good thing for a free to play game :) Our apologies that you didn't find it more intuitive, but we're glad you figured it out :)

setec
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Well, I dd figure it out but ultimately had to delete my char.

Did I perhaps miss something? When I downloaded the app to my iPad Mini, unless I accidentally skipped past it with the red X, I didn't see a login screen. It took me right to creating a char.

Now when I just downloaded it on my iPhone 5 and opened it up, I get the login screen right away. If I hit the X, I see the create an account, sign in options and play as guest option.

I deleted the app from my iPad, reinstalled and now I see the login screen first.

So did I miss this before thus making my entire inquiry pointless? ;) Maybe I need more sleep. :)

Samhayne
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
It is because we hasn't seen your new iPad yet. For existing devices we present all login options.

setec
03-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Ah! Thanks. I thought I was going nuts. Okay, that makes sense because my iPhone 5 has other STS games. Thanks.