PDA

View Full Version : Why did you get that ign in AL? ;)

Greencrow
03-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I got the idea of greencrow from the main character of an anime called accelerated world. His name is silvercrow. I was about to name that but darn somebody got it already :( so it just came up to my mind the color green and to decide not to change the crow and voila Greencrow :)

Lady_Pebbles
03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
My igns have always been the same since I started gaming a long, long time ago lol.

My main ign "Thren" is derivied from the word "Threnody" which is also the name of one of my favorite Xmen characters, Threnody of the Xman comics. =)

"Teknolyze" is one of my old time favorite animes only the anime is actually spelled "Texhnolyze"... And "Jettah" is an old school ign I came up with back in the day when I was on Furcadia and Avid Gamers (along with the ign Thren). XD

Greencrow
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
My igns have always been the same since I started gaming a long, long time ago lol.

My main ign "Thren" is derivied from the word "Threnody" which is also the name of one of my favorite Xmen characters, Threnody of the Xman comics. =)

"Teknolyze" is one of my old time favorite animes only the anime is actually spelled "Texhnolyze"... And "Jettah" is an old school ign I came up with back in the day when I was on Furcadia and Avid Gamers (along with the ign Thren). XD

Nice derivation :-)

Bless
03-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Bless. Second favourite name AFTER Miracle.

It suits my irl name well ;)

iluvataris
03-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Ign: iluvataris- Originally I wanted Iluvatar god of middle earth. But dang it was taken. So added is at the end. Later a friend pointed out, looks like I luv ataris haha.

Aracnus
03-28-2013, 06:55 PM
My main IGN has been the same for every STS game so far!

i got it from an old gba game called Golden Sun.. I lover the mysterious Water Adept named Piers.. But, in the newest edition of Golden Sun for DS, he became known as Aracnus, and i thought that name was super awesome!

hotpimp
03-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Postulate, something that is accepted, like how awesome and bossly i am,
Aimednuke- derived from aimedshot, the aimedshot is a nuke, so why not combine them? AIMEDNUKE

Cero
03-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Cero - got it from an anime "Bleach" which means doom blast though it also means Zero in spanish.
Scotchtape - thought it was cool:D

Iphoneington
03-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Mine have always been the same:) iPhoneington

Commanderkeen
03-28-2013, 07:09 PM
My main IGN has been the same for every STS game so far!

i got it from an old gba game called Golden Sun.. I lover the mysterious Water Adept named Piers.. But, in the newest edition of Golden Sun for DS, he became known as Aracnus, and i thought that name was super awesome!

I loved Golden Sun!

Commanderkeen comes from a a very old PC game called Commander Keen. It was and still is my favorite game to play. I actually keep my PC from 1992 running Windows 3.0 just so I can play it.

Cancer comes from my zodiac sign.

Sunwalker is just something I made up pre-numa map launch. Everyone thinks I made him after the Sunwalker level 25 engi gear in SL.

@Greencrow when do you want zod? I can log on soon and give the name to you.

Lalarie
03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
I got mine from the system xD, my phone was glitchy so I couldn't change it ._.

Chaim Nail
03-28-2013, 07:26 PM
I started my warrior out as Bigassfries as I wanted something almost boastful but silly at the same time, originally taken from the film Idiocracy in this scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-4LU79qbU

But about 2 weeks ago my name was automatically changed by STS, someone somewhere doesn't have a sense of humour :( I've seen much much worse names in the game too.

I used to often get messages from random players saying things like "lol love your name", I'm still quite disappointed they forced the name change.

Now my warrior is called Extremefries.

Greencrow
03-28-2013, 07:32 PM
I started my warrior out as Bigassfries as I wanted something almost boastful but silly at the same time, originally taken from the film Idiocracy in this scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-4LU79qbU

But about 2 weeks ago my name was automatically changed by STS, someone somewhere doesn't have a sense of humour :( I've seen much much worse names in the game too.

I used to often get messages from random players saying things like "lol love your name", I'm still quite disappointed they forced the name change.

Now my warrior is called Extremefries.

I saw ur first ign roaming in kraag before :-) lol extremefries is awesome too

Janini
03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Derived from the name Janine :)

xcainnblecterx
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Was going for canniblecter from brotha lynchs hannablecter, but screwed up and spelled cainnblecter. Peeps started calling me cain so it stuck

vholt
03-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I took volt.. And made it creative... By adding an h.

Vholt.

X29798
03-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Random name generator for the win.:cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Azepeiete
03-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm not creative

Azepeiete was the randomized name after Roguename was taken.

Vystirch
03-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Just always used this ign...

TheStoic
03-28-2013, 11:22 PM
I got mine from Yugioh, Fatcharlie is from the book by Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys, the main character is named Fat Charlie Nancy. Fitcharlie, i created a new warrior (twink), i slight deviation from fat.

I created then a guild named, Anansi Boys, then disbanded to join Chivalrous Union.

LwMark
03-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Lwmark :
Lakeworth florida (where i grew up)
Mark (my name)

Greencrow
03-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Lwmark :
Lakeworth florida (where i grew up)
Mark (my name)

Ur lvl 5 twink means lakeworthlakeworthlakeworthlakeworthlakeworthlakew orth? :-)

Wowsome
03-29-2013, 02:31 AM
Wowsome - my name irl :p
Botvinnik - chess reference, after http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Botvinnik. big fan of some of his work.
Coredump - computer programming reference, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_dump.

Greencrow
03-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Wow wowsome :-) ur parents mustbe awesome

automagically
03-29-2013, 06:24 AM
I do it the tune up way automagically....been using this name ever since ;)

Mysticaleagle
03-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Been Mysticaleagle since Spacetime Studios first day. Miss these old times. Don't really know why I did pick that name though, it was such a long time ago (2010).

Wowsome
03-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Wow wowsome :-) ur parents mustbe awesome

I hope u know I was kidding about that part :)

Greencrow
03-29-2013, 06:42 AM
I hope u know I was kidding about that part :)

Yes :) But still awesome.

kautahusiapa
03-29-2013, 07:54 AM
kautahusiapa is indonesian from youknowwho

Jamesgz
03-29-2013, 08:22 AM
I always use the name Chubear. But James is my name and im not creative

Caiahar
03-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Forum nane: Shadowstar: I've always been a lonewolf and I don't have any friends, I'm in the shadows. I like stars a lot.

Al in game name: Caiahar,at PL I used random name, and this was the result, I changed it into Mythicstar. Mythic, rare, star, I like them.
Doomdroid: I also had this name in PL for an alt. a robot warrior who brings doom.

Swiftstar: A rogue, a swift star.

untammed
03-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Why Zyyzz ? Because zyzz inspired me in my whole life :) get in youtube check his vids !

Zyzz ur alwaxs i my heart! R.I.P Zyzz .. fuaark:( rest in peace man..

inkredible
03-29-2013, 12:58 PM
this might explain my name

INK-redble

Greencrow
03-29-2013, 01:46 PM

INK-redble

Tattredible! :)

razerfingers
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Because im a billionaire. And the others are so someone doesnt steal my name and impersonate me lol.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Kazillo
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
I made mine up, it sounds cool. So I used it.

Bluepinixy
03-29-2013, 05:09 PM
The story of 2 IGN names:
BluePinixy & BluPixxel

Bluepinixy- Silly, but back then I played..
PET PET PARK?!?!
I dunno, but that was a long time ago xD
And there was this creature called 'pinixy' (I chose that one)
And I loved the colour blue, so..
BluePixxel- Which is pretty obvious.
Blue.
Pixel.
Except there's 2 x's.. Just cause.. Reasons.. uhh..

Valkiryas
03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Fot the Greek Godness Valkiria (3 Womens in a Magic Horse)

Navygreen
03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
I got the idea of greencrow from the main character of an anime called accelerated world. His name is silvercrow. I was about to name that but darn somebody got it already :( so it just came up to my mind the color green and to decide not to change the crow and voila Greencrow :)

Lol coo! Sadly for me there's no explanation for my name Viicks, besides a vapor rub commercial being on at the time I made my character :P

Navygreen
03-30-2013, 01:35 PM

INK-redble

Cool I love tattoos and cool name :)

(sorry for double post)

Bless
03-30-2013, 01:40 PM
lol WB navy ^

asifaiab
03-30-2013, 01:40 PM
my ign is moderater because when i was little i wanted to be a moderator, and i misspelled moderator and kept that name. My al ign i asifaiab because i accidently made moderator on guest account on my friends computer, so i decided for a random name because i thought if u got a sts generated name u will have better luck for loot(its a long story).

Greencrow
03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
my ign is moderater because when i was little i wanted to be a moderator, and i misspelled moderator and kept that name. My al ign i asifaiab because i accidently made moderator on guest account on my friends computer, so i decided for a random name because i thought if u got a sts generated name u will have better luck for loot(its a long story).

cute story :)

Jed
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Jed is related to my real name. Puj and Crp, my other AL characters, were just randomly thought of because I wanted 3 letter names.
Puj - Pudge (my warrior; he's fat)
Crp - Crap (my rogue; "crap" is what my enemies say when I run an arrow through them)

Zeus
03-31-2013, 03:47 PM

INK-redble

Gotta focus on that left arm some more! :p (Flipped sides due to mirror, so it looks like it's the right).

It's noticeably smaller than the right. D:

I remember when mine were like that and had to even them out. It was a painnnn!

Zeus
03-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Lol coo! Sadly for me there's no explanation for my name Viicks, besides a vapor rub commercial being on at the time I made my character :P

Whoa! You're back! Where'd you go? :o

matanofx
03-31-2013, 04:58 PM
matan my real name (hebrew) and nofx a band i kinda like
put together makes matanofx which is a name i calmly use everywhere online cause i know no one else has it =] dont get any ideas tho.. i keel you!

LwMark
03-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Been Mysticaleagle since Spacetime Studios first day. Miss these old times. Don't really know why I did pick that name though, it was such a long time ago (2010).

U prolly picked the bame cause mysticaldream and woundedeagle were takin

Mysticaleagle
04-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Nah. Like I said, the first day of PL, I choosed that name. Didn't even try any others.

vholt
04-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Quick! Someone take the name WoundedDream :P

blakadder
04-02-2013, 03:38 AM
I usually go by Argus or Arguson but both were taken :/

So i went with Blackadder (old british tv show that was darn funny). But thar was also taken so i went with the popular misspelling and became Blakadder

Cremated
04-02-2013, 04:15 AM
crp - crap (my rogue; "crap" is what my enemies say when i run an arrow through them)

loled

Cremated
04-02-2013, 04:16 AM
crp - crap (my rogue; "crap" is what my enemies say when i run an arrow through them)

loled

Greencrow
04-02-2013, 05:01 AM
loled

hahah i loled too but double post :p

Cremated
04-02-2013, 05:35 AM
hahah i loled too but double post :p
#
dat wasnt my faulty :p

Greencrow
04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
#
dat wasnt my faulty :p

but still i loled :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Temarichan
04-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Temarichan? I got that from Naruto. She's one of my favorite characters in the anime. She's extremely strong with her wind attacks, she's fast, she's the ambassador of Sunagakure....she's the sister of Gaara, the Hokage. I just like Naruto overall because it has good morals and strengths to it.
I originally hopped for "Temari" but it said the name existed so now it's "Temarichan".
People in the guild call me "Tema". :)

Oh and my Alt Kankurokuro? Kankuro is Temari's brother....
But the name "Kankuro" was already taken so... "Kankurokuro" ^^
The puppet master. He's awesome.

I think if I ever make a new character as a sorcerer, I'd name it as close as possible to "Gaara".

lovestriker
04-02-2013, 10:45 PM
@Temarichan I like Naruto too! Oh btw, it's Kazekage for Sunagakure. :D

Lovestriker: Not literally meaning to strike love.
To strike for love or for its sake. In order to protect. To strike out of love. hahahaha

I used strike cause im a rogue.

Temarichan
04-03-2013, 03:40 AM
@Temarichan I like Naruto too! Oh btw, it's Kazekage for Sunagakure. :D

Lovestriker: Not literally meaning to strike love.
To strike for love or for its sake. In order to protect. To strike out of love. hahahaha

I used strike cause im a rogue.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake! I was clearly thinking about Konoha ^^;

lovestriker
04-03-2013, 03:46 AM
Oh and my Alt Kankurokuro? Kankuro is Temari's brother....
But the name "Kankuro" was already taken so... "Kankurokuro" ^^
The puppet master. He's awesome.

I think if I ever make a new character as a sorcerer, I'd name it as close as possible to "Gaara".

Why not Kankurokun! :D

Oh you must make it Gaarasama hahahaha.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake! I was clearly thinking about Konoha ^^;

np! :D

Anyway might as well describe my alts too:

Lovecaster - A sorcerer. Well yeah casting love. Literal meaning unlike Lovestriker. Instead of magic, I cast love! lol

Lovetanker - A warrior also know as a tanker. Soooo yeah, just added Love in front. lol

Minesweeper
04-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Well got mine from a old friend who plays wow think it fits me pretty well WoW I definitely the best place to get names

untammed
04-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Well got mine from a old friend who plays wow think it fits me pretty well WoW I definitely the best place to get names

Do you play or played kalonline ? Thought i see ur name there too :)

Haowesie
04-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Both my main in PL (Haowesie) and AL (Rasi) were auto-generated...
Because it takes me an hour to come up with nothing lol :)

Zaonabiuibil
04-09-2013, 05:18 AM
I got mine from Yugioh, Fatcharlie is from the book by Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys, the main character is named Fat Charlie Nancy. Fitcharlie, i created a new warrior (twink), i slight deviation from fat.

I created then a guild named, Anansi Boys, then disbanded to join Chivalrous Union.

Dang, I loved Anansi Boys! Spider was such a player...

My IGN was generated in PL, and it just stuck with me.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Greencrow
04-09-2013, 06:41 AM

maybe he got that name from the minesweeper game in windows xp :)

Subscriber
04-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Subscriber, I subscribe.

Any word with "sub" in it because I dig it.

Genuinous
04-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Been using this nick for about 3-4 years now. After running out of characters of my favorite books for a game (forgot which one :D ) I was left thinking and this is what happened...

Genuinous is a Genuine Genius :) Or some combination of that

Bbnc
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
i have no idea.

gigina
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Gigina..... try to pronoun it and you will know why..
I mean dont you think it is a sweet combination of Gigi and Gina- which is my real name. LOL

Also, Pjng : short from Xiao Ping, and Ping mean peace in Chinese

Greencrow
04-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Subscriber, I subscribe.

nice idea

Been using this nick for about 3-4 years now. After running out of characters of my favorite books for a game (forgot which one :D ) I was left thinking and this is what happened...

Genuinous is a Genuine Genius :) Or some combination of that

yeah, nice name but somewhat hard to pronounce :)

i have no idea.
lol

Gigina..... try to pronoun it and you will know why..
I mean dont you think it is a sweet combination of Gigi and Gina- which is my real name. LOL

Also, Pjng : short from Xiao Ping, and Ping mean peace in Chinese

gigina, more like georgina for me :) cute

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Roberto077
04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
IGN: Terrain

Why do you think?

Zeus
04-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Subscriber, I subscribe.

You must love subway.

Greencrow
04-09-2013, 07:21 PM
IGN: Terrain

Why do you think?

because u love riding in terrains every morning ;)
i mean trains

vholt
04-10-2013, 11:47 PM
You must love subway.

He doesn't love Subway. He "digs it" ;)

Origin
04-12-2013, 12:59 AM
"TrueOrigin" derived from "Origin". Refers to the beginning of our existence, the source. Origin also means "one". So it has a dual meaning - 'True one', and 'true origin'.

Also "Starweaver", referring to a supernova and the fabric of life - the death of a star giving life to new stars. Again the origin theme.

All references to my main focus/interests in RL.

Greencrow
04-12-2013, 04:17 AM
"TrueOrigin" derived from "Origin". Refers to the beginning of our existence, the source. Origin also means "one". So it has a dual meaning - 'True one', and 'true origin'.

Hi Alpha :) I'm the TrueOmega, iykwim.

Arief Adhie M
04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
I got my IGN when thinking nick for forum and adding some Yunani language, so that's why i'm always using when playing some games hehehehe...
Zeccas :D

TyrionLannister
04-13-2013, 11:10 AM
My IGN is Tyriontheimp or otherwise known as Tyrion Lannister 'the imp' from the HBO series a Game of Thrones/novels a Song of Fire and Ice.

Mshemmo
04-13-2013, 11:47 AM
My normal ign in games is mr.hemmo(hemmo is finnish name but it also means dude) but i already made mage with that name and then i made rogue so mshemmo seemed fitting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Greencrow
04-14-2013, 01:58 AM
My IGN is Tyriontheimp or otherwise known as Tyrion Lannister 'the imp' from the HBO series a Game of Thrones/novels a Song of Fire and Ice.

Hello Tyrion. Welcome to forums :)

My normal ign in games is mr.hemmo(hemmo is finnish name but it also means dude) but i already made mage with that name and then i made rogue so mshemmo seemed fitting.

Hello Ms. Dude :) Welcome to forums

Psyche
04-14-2013, 05:15 PM
This was my ign on PL way back in the day, but I stopped playing for a long time and lost the name at some point. Luckily it was available on AL.

wowdah
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
I put random kind of, but wowdah was like WOW, DUHHH. but frynoodles idk lol i love em

Origin
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I put random kind of, but wowdah was like WOW, DUHHH. but frynoodles idk lol i love em

HAHA. :-D I like that wowdah. U crack me up ;-) My kind of humour

Origin
04-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi Alpha :) I'm the TrueOmega, iykwim.

wink wink :-) Like the eyes on your siggy btw. Piercing.

ps I first wrote that as "twink twink" - that means it's time to take 5 lol

ucupduyeh
04-15-2013, 02:20 PM
ucupduyeh
i want to answer but i cant think