PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying Arcane Hooks and Mythic Helms In the Next Expansion

Samhayne
03-29-2013, 02:56 PM
We want to clarify the itemization plans in regard to the current Arcane and Mythic items:

Arcane Rogue Weapon: Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks
Mythic Helms

In the coming Battle of Nordr expansion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90420-Battle-for-Nordr-Expansion-Coming-to-Arcane-Legends-in-Late-April), slated to arrive in late April, will not have a new Arcane Rogue weapon nor new Mythic Helms. There will be a new Warrior Arcane Weapon and there will be new Mythic Chest Armor pieces for each class.

Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks will still be a level 26 item - but because it is such a powerful Arcane rarity weapon it will still have merit, even when compared to the level 31 elite legendary rogue weapons that will be found in Nordr.

Mythic Helms will still be level 26 items - but because they are Mythic level rarity they will still have merit, even when compared to the level 31 elite legendary helms to be found from adventuring in Nordr.

Both Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks and the Mythic Helms will still drop from the Kraken Isles content.

We hope this helps to clarify any misconceptions regarding these items.

Mysticaleagle
03-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Sam.
One thing, what do you mean by ''Hooks and Helms will still drop from the Kraken Isles content''? This means they'll become droppable? Thanks.

SkullCrusher
03-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you for clarifying this Sam, all of us Sts gamers appreciate it. :)
P.S : Keep on bringing those new expansions, Thanks again! :)
-Skull out.

SkullCrusher
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
One thing, what do you mean by ''Hooks and Helms will still drop from the Kraken Isles content''? This means they'll become droppable? Thanks.
That would be...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samhayne
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM

You currently have a chance of obtaining Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks from Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

You also currently have a chance of obtaining Mythic Helms from Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

As such, they "drop" from Kraken Isles content.

Mysticaleagle
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
You currently have a chance of obtaining Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks from Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

You also currently have a chance of obtaining Mythic Helms from Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

Oh haha my bad! Thanks. :)

jtst
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
The new mythic helms and arcane hooks that will drop after expansion will be lvl31, right? So we will have lvl26 and lvl31 mythic helms/hooks

Mysticaleagle
03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
The new mythic helms and arcane hooks that will drop after expansion will be lvl31, right? So we will have lvl26 and lvl31 mythic helms/hooks

No new hooks or mythic helmets. Only a new arcane weapon for warriors, and mythic armours.

Valkiryas
03-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Thx For the Info Sam ^^

Genuinous
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Just to clarify a bit more:

-Hooks and helms dropping will be lvl 31 after the expansion?
-Hooks and helms will inly drop grom elite pirate chests and not from locked crates after the expansion?

And I feel that helms will be useless compared to top helms in next expansion. I'm just saying based on the rate at which last 2 expansions raised stats. You'll probably lose out on hp/armor at such extent that I think they'll not be worth using... just saying, know you don't have items for the next update.

Samhayne
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Just to clarify a bit more:

-Hooks and helms dropping will be lvl 31 after the expansion?

No. As I understand it, they will always be level 26 items.

-Hooks and helms will inly drop grom elite pirate chests and not from locked crates after the expansion?

I'm sorry, but I don't have the specifics of how that will be implemented. We'll have to wait and see.

And I feel that helms will be useless compared to top helms in next expansion. I'm just saying based on the rate at which last 2 expansions raised stats. You'll probably lose out on hp/armor at such extent that I think they'll not be worth using... just saying, know you don't have items for the next update

Until we actually have the items to compare, there is no way you can make those claims. I am trying to convey that the intent of the Dev Team is to have the Mythic Helms still be competitive.

Liquid Ice
03-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Having "merit" seems to me that it won't be the best. It will just be relatively OK. I see an immediate price drop occurring.

Aplyed
03-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Well i hope something is gone cause i converted 2600 plat to gold just to get my warrior mythic yesterday , under the assumption that they we would be given a upgraded set in the future. That was all my plats. I also spent 1500 plats opening crates not counting others. I hope u pump up the stats, or do the set thing other wise I feel screwed outta my money. And that is not fair at all. I didn't get to enjoy my stuff for 24hrs let alone a season . It's not fair and i hope u take my post in to consideration . I would've never in my day did plat to gold if i knew u would've pulled this stunt.

Rare
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM

They already are from elite gold chests

Edit: ninja

Jellowpy
03-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Wow and you guys promised multiple times and even talked to swede in Chat that you are indeed upgrading mythic and arcane weapon and you have a way to Exchange it to an upgraded version.. This is the most devastating news i had for this game because despite of multiple promises from different mod and devs you are now dropping this news....

Thats too sad Sam ...

Edit:
You guys know the feeling when a close friend have betrayed you after you have extended all support you can give them ? I have that feeling now =( Devs and mods if you can read into this message i hope you can feel how dissapointed iam on this bomb after all the promises i strongly feel this way because i care for this game it was there for me when i needed to kill time and made it as big part of my daily activity but now this .............. I dont wanna quit to be honest but how would you feel if after spending all that money time and effort the things that devs and mods have told you was all lies? Should i just send an email to itunes and google play that i want a refund because devs and mods of this game have not been true to their promises? Arrghh just too sad

Jellowpy
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
We want to clarify the itemization plans in regard to the current Arcane and Mythic items:

Arcane Rogue Weapon: Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks
Mythic Helms

In the coming Battle of Nordr expansion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90420-Battle-for-Nordr-Expansion-Coming-to-Arcane-Legends-in-Late-April), slated to arrive in late April, will not have a new Arcane Rogue weapon nor new Mythic Helms. There will be a new Warrior Arcane Weapon and there will be new Mythic Chest Armor pieces for each class.

Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks will still be a level 26 item - but because it is such a powerful Arcane rarity weapon it will still have merit, even when compared to the level 31 elite legendary rogue weapons that will be found in Nordr.

Mythic Helms will still be level 26 items - but because they are Mythic level rarity they will still have merit, even when compared to the level 31 elite legendary helms to be found from adventuring in Nordr.

Both Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks and the Mythic Helms will still drop from the Kraken Isles content.

We hope this helps to clarify any misconceptions regarding these items.

But before spending multiple platinum (THATS REAL MONEY SAM) and gold you and your team have always giving us this information!!

The Item Plan

Prelude: In this sneak peek, I have an overview of the items. In a future article, the lore that surrounds these powerful items, as well as what is coming in future expansions, will be revealed.

Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

EDIT: The Mythic Rarity Helms are having their appearance updated to new, unique looks. Look for them to be changed in a coming patch.

Arcane: Since the Kraken Isles adventure uncovers the back story to the Rogue character, the first Arcane rarity weapon will be a set of Rogue melee weapons called: Blackbeard’s Nefarious Hooks.

In the next expansion there will be another Arcane rarity weapon added for another class, with the expansion after that the third class Arcane rarity weapon will be added.

Here are some screenshots of Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks.

taken from here
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Rarity-Items

THIS IS JUST SO WRONG!

Mysticaleagle
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Wow and you guys promised multiple times and even talked to swede in Chat that you are indeed upgrading mythic and arcane weapon and you have a way to Exchange it to an upgraded version.. This is the most devastating news i had for this game because despite of multiple promises from different mod and devs you are now dropping this news....

Thats too sad Sam ...

Didn't mean to thank that. -_- but you have a point... Anyways he said hooks will still be best weapon..

Uzii
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM

Thats too sad Sam ...

Well Sam is onnocent in this. Hes only a messenger.

FluffNStuff
03-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Having "merit" seems to me that it won't be the best. It will just be relatively OK. I see an immediate price drop occurring.

It's easy to make level 26 mythic and arcane items the best, just make sure that the level 31 elites are worse. Yay, can't wait!

Aplyed
03-29-2013, 04:10 PM
I also broke my screen this morning cause of this non since . I just spent near 10 mil . I hope u compensate for this . And i don't mean a VIP crate. That isn't gonna bring back my gold or plats. The hooks not powering up i understand but the helms gimme a brake. After this mountain expansion I want my upgraded gear as does everyone else. Or something in return for my loss. I'm sorry if i sound like i'm crying. But U guys can't just go back on your words.

gundamsone
03-29-2013, 04:11 PM
...will not have a new Arcane Rogue weapon nor new Mythic Helms...
so from this it's safe to assume that the hooks and helms looted will still be l26?
if that's the case then it's not so bad b/c most people were assuming the l31s would replace our 26 helms.

Zanpakuto
03-29-2013, 04:14 PM
So there's no point of having arcane weapons then? Will they be upgradable in the future? It's going to make the difference between me going nuts for one with plats vs not having at all!

gundamsone
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
So there's no point of having arcane weapons then? Will they be upgradable in the future? It's going to make the difference between me going nuts for one with plats vs not having at all!

i'm 99% sure the mythic helms and arcane hooks will be better in stats than the l31 elite pinks so they will still be the best

Energizeric
03-29-2013, 04:25 PM
i'm 99% sure the mythic helms and arcane hooks will be better in stats than the l31 elite pinks so they will still be the best

Except for the sorcerer helm. It isn't even the best compared to the L26 elite helms, so how's it gonna compete with the L31 helms? LOL

They really need to boost the armor stat on the sorcerer mythic helm.

Jellowpy
03-29-2013, 04:25 PM
This really a devastating news for me its like Dragon Nest for me again .. After spending and supporting this game because i thought they are not the same with other company .. To be honest i just feel really sad at the moment because i thought i just found the game that i can play and support for a very long time..

I have multiple accounts those multiple accounts have been used to purchase plats to support the company and also because of a very simple promises from devs and mods that we will have something to hold on to that bec they will have a way for us to turn in this Mythic and Arcane items, i have invested in them used plats to get a chance to get them... farmed from morning to afternoon on my free time...tried to earn gold the most legit way i know ....tried to merchant...

Just too sad that you are dropping this news i have held onto mods and devs words that i have talked to in this game but those promises where empty.. Too sad really... Arrgh hate this feeling of getting betrayed

Energizeric
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Folks, nowhere did anyone ever say they would be upgraded in the future except for mention that the mythic helms and armors would be able to be turned in for an updated set at the L36 cap. And Sam's post in this thread says nothing to contradict that. His post is entirely about the L31 cap. If you assumed something on your own, then it is just your own bad assumption. There is no reason you should be angry at STS.

If you think otherwise, then post a link to where any STS employee said otherwise in this forum.

Samhayne
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

taken from here
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Rarity-Items

THIS IS JUST SO WRONG!

I was being specific to the Battle of Nordr expansion. The possible upgrade you mention above would be in the expansion following Nordr.

gundamsone
03-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Except for the sorcerer helm. It isn't even the best compared to the L26 elite helms, so how's it gonna compete with the L31 helms? LOL

They really need to boost the armor stat on the sorcerer mythic helm.

Mythic helms grants 3 dmg and people heavily favor dmg in this game
Even if the l31 pinks have a few more int or armor, they will not have the 3 dmg so many elite players WILL still aim for the mythic helms.
Not to mention that we will have the matching mythic armors or maybe even a set bonus (like we've discussed in game)

could've been worse Energizeric and I bet alot of players who panic sold might regret it after hearing of this news

Energizeric
03-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Guys.... This thread here....

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248

.....is the only thread in this entire forum where any STS employee said anything about future plans for mythic & arcane items.

Yet I've seen dozens of threads where other forums members mentioned all kinds of things about them being upgraded to future levels. On quite a few occasions I saw people mention that the hooks weapon would be upgraded every cap going forward. When I asked where they got this information, they said the developers said so. But I never saw links to where the developers said this. Now there's rumors going around the game that developers deleted those threads. Yet I read this forum every day and I've never seen any of this.

I think what happened is a few players started these untrue rumors and next thing everyone in the game thought it was true. Well, it never was true, so if you want to rage at someone, it should be the players who started these rumors and not the developers.

As it stands, this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248) states that we will be able to turn in our L26 mythic helms and L31 mythic armors for upgraded L36 equivalents. Sam's posts in this thread do not contradict this, so you all have no reason to be upset if you own a mythic helm. I'm certainly going to be keeping mine :)

But if you all want to start selling asap, then maybe the prices will drop a lot and I can buy a few more of them on the cheap. Then when the 36 cap rolls around I can sell them all and make a few more tens of millions. Maybe they'll let me upgrade my "filthy rich" title to "filthy rich x 5" :)

Jellowpy
03-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I just wont defend myself its my own fault i did not print screen my conversation with dev in chat a month ago ( before they have upgraded hook) ... Ill just take it as a man and move on.

@sts
It was a blast guys thanks for the game .. Thank you I had a great time =)

Rare
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
As it stands, this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248) states that we will be able to turn in our L26 mythic helms and L31 mythic armors for upgraded L36 equivalents. Sam's posts in this thread do not contradict this, so you all have no reason to be upset if you own a mythic helm. I'm certainly going to be keeping mine :)

Well I'm not really into word games. I think the gamers deserve to know what's going to happen. Trading in an item is the equivalent of scaling it somehow. So let's just answer the questions for sure.

1. Will there ever be a way that the l26 helm can become l31 or 36?

2. Same for arcane weapons.

Now as for what was said, I clearly remember a post from a developer or mod saying that arcane would have some possibility of update of some type. But mythic would not.

I could have just been imagining it.

Aplyed
I just wont defend myself its my own fault i did not print screen my conversation with dev in chat a month ago ( before they have upgraded hook) ... Ill just take it as a man and move on.

@sts
It was a blast guys thanks for the game .. Thank you I had a great time =)

where u going? Don't leave.

Bebsi
Well, just... Lol
It reminds me of the old PL days.
Maybe someone remembers when they said the lvl71 helm (for cap) would make a set with the previous gear ^_^

I think there is no need to rage yet, we haven't even seen the new gear, now have we?
The idea to turn in both for a powerful set is something to hope for.
So don't be mad or sell me all ur mythics xD

Jellowpy
03-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Heh to be honest am not rage quitting its just iam a grown man being sad with a decision in a game so in a way it's funny =) because from this post maybe they are planning on upgrading mythic in the near future but letting Rogue Arcane weapon stay as it is eventhough a dev/mod have promised they wont let this happen.. Everyone knows how rare they are those lucky ones that have them moved heaven and earth just to get one of those arcane weapons .. If you have spent money time and effort to acquire one important thing you will know the feeling =)

I loved the game really but with this news after the promises and hope i had ,It just felt like being slapped by a friend, a real close friend ..

As ive said i wont defend myself because it's my own fault i did not made any screenshot before, but let us be honest why should i? I trusted them =)

Let us just say i feel this way because after all those promises , i really invested in this game my time and lots of effort =) dont hate me because i feel this way it is just me that i have gone trough all those troubles and spent all those time in the game i have really enjoyed it i just dont feel the trust i had in them after this .. Ill just focus on what i really should be doin in my real life fr now on maybe this is just the sign i needed LoL

Nananana
03-29-2013, 05:53 PM

Sam meant to say armor there. Just so noone gets confused.

People need to keep their cool, go back and look at the first few thread about mythics from before the beginning of this season. STS said that both mythic pieces for each class would be able to be turned in at the lv 36 cap.

Jed
03-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Guys. Listen here.
Level 31 expansion: Mythic armor released for all classes
Level 36 expansion: Mythic HELMETS AND ARMOR able to be upgraded for all classes
Next expansion, all mythic helmets will still be level 26, but they will be able to be upgraded to level 36 in the expansion after that (sorc's expansion finally).
Not sure if the new mythic armor dropped in the lv31 expansion will be level 31 or 26, though. Guess we'll have to see.

Lok
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Guys. Listen here.
Level 31 expansion: Mythic armor released for all classes
Level 36 expansion: Mythic HELMETS AND ARMOR able to be upgraded for all classes
Next expansion, all mythic helmets will still be level 26, but they will be able to be upgraded to level 36 in the expansion after that (sorc's expansion finally).
Not sure if the new mythic armor dropped in the lv31 expansion will be level 31 or 26, though. Guess we'll have to see.

We sincerely need a solid comfirmation from dev on this.

Otherwise, it's just our "self assumption" again.

Natrich
03-29-2013, 09:45 PM
We sincerely need a solid comfirmation from dev on this.

Otherwise, it's just our "self assumption" again.

They explicitly said the mythic set can be upgraded in the 36 expansion.
Beating a dead horse here...

Vystirch
03-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Mmm, not sure about this, seems like a dumb move to me...

Rare
03-30-2013, 07:14 AM
They explicitly said the mythic set can be upgraded in the 36 expansion.
Beating a dead horse here...

Yeah except yesterday in a different thread it was stated that they would not be upgraded because they were still competitive. Final clarification doesn't hurt

Jellowpy
03-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Mmm, not sure about this, seems like a dumb move to me...

This^^^^

Anyway if i may suggest one way to solve this problem is why not introduce some sort of upgrade item needed for an example a mythic stone X10 pcs mythic rarity can be found fr crates/ nordor elite gold chest very rare drop to upgrade Arcane weapon of rogues orx x5 pcs to upgrade mytbic helm .. Or if you really are planning on upgrading mythic on lvl 36 just implement this system on Arcane weapon....

In this way youl'll have a win win situation you'll get more money for plat players to hunt this from crate and those are farming Elite gold Nordr chest will have something to farm to squeeze gold from Arcane users that are willing to upgrade.. Something for Arcane weapon users to hunt and in this way Arcane weapon will still hold its value because it is still the primary ingridient for this upgrade to happen... make drop rate of this stone rare to encourage farming and such... This is just a last ditch effort suggestion from me..

Or if you just wanna go the easy part just go straight to Plat to Upgrade but thats just a bit tactless in my opinion... Just a suggestion sts

Wagown
03-30-2013, 08:35 AM
This^^^^

Anyway if i may suggest one way to solve this problem is why not introduce some sort of upgrade item needed for an example a mythic stone X10 pcs mythic rarity can be found fr crates/ nordor elite gold chest very rare drop to upgrade Arcane weapon of rogues orx x5 pcs to upgrade mytbic helm .. Or if you really are planning on upgrading mythic on lvl 36 just implement this system on Arcane weapon....

In this way youl'll have a win win situation you'll get more money for plat players to hunt this from crate and those are farming Elite gold Nordr chest will have something to farm to squeeze gold from Arcane users that are willing to upgrade.. Something for Arcane weapon users to hunt and in this way Arcane weapon will still hold its value because it is still the primary ingridient for this upgrade to happen... make drop rate of this stone rare to encourage farming and such... This is just a last ditch effort suggestion from me..

Or if you just wanna go the easy part just go straight to Plat to Upgrade but thats just a bit tactless in my opinion... Just a suggestion sts

+1 for this

Shaukei
03-30-2013, 08:36 AM
As far as I can see, it's been stated from the beginning that the upgrades will be available in the expansion after the next one. I do find it a bit odd that the first post of this doesn't mention that, but please read carefully before spreading misinformation and starting yet another drama.

Zanpakuto
03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
The arcane items and mythics would be a lot cheaper if they were not allowed to be upgraded. It's insane to try and get a new set every couple of months!

Mysticaleagle
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
The arcane items and mythics would be a lot cheaper if they were not allowed to be upgraded. It's insane to try and get a new set every couple of months!

Imaginary thanked. :)
(i'm out of thanks)

Energizeric
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
It's insane to try and get a new set every couple of months!

But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear?

eugene9707
03-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I dont get y you guys are complaining ..... yes, you spend lots of money on the items , but you are paying for the best gear now not the best gear for the rest of the game... just like every other gear you can find in game.

Ps. i knew this would happen :P

Yep , rogue get lv 26 Arcane weapon, warrior get lv 31 Arcane weapon, and Sorcerers get lv 36 arcane weapon :) (just an example)

I think it might be better if STS release the arcane weapon later, and do it for all 3 class at once instead of just one at the time. Because right now, people complaint that Rogues get the new Arcane weapon, but in the future, people will then be complaining that rogue's arcane weapon is lower level than the other classes, so why not release all 3 at once , and if they need ideas, they can make another weapon design contest :)

Rare
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
As far as I can see, it's been stated from the beginning that the upgrades will be available in the expansion after the next one. I do find it a bit odd that the first post of this doesn't mention that, but please read carefully before spreading misinformation and starting yet another drama.

Well if you had read the other thread in the suggestions forum (by mysticaleagle), this thread would make a lot more sense

Rare
03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
I dont get y you guys are complaining ..... yes, you spend lots of money on the items , but you are paying for the best gear now not the best gear for the rest of the game... just like every other gear you can find in game.

Hmmm seems there is a huge disconnect between what the "best item now" should be worth. What would you say an appropriate dollar value for the best now is?

Fyi, the other gear in game can be had for $0 real life currency.

Rare
03-30-2013, 03:06 PM
But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear?

Not when it costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. Not even once.

Mysticaleagle
03-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Best gear for a month isn't enough. Even still it will be good, but won't last for long IMHO.

Jellowpy
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Plus one to this

""But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear? ""

Yes to this also but with how fast updates are coming this is not fun it cost hundreds/thousand of real money it is ok once in a while like in the case of Arcane Weapons because it is very rare but let gamers have the ability to atleast carry that very same itme that very rare item to be upgraded to the next patch.. How i see it is in the future they can just introduce more set of Arcane weapons for us to hunt if they want squeeze more money from us..

Example :
Rogue have Arcane Blade now in the near future give us Arcane Bow
Warriors hammer for now then Arcane sword next
Mages will have their staff then in the near fiture itll be Arcane gun they will be hunting for..

Just give us the satisfaction to atleast have some or one item that because we work hard to get it let us atleast enjoy it being one of the best atleast for few more patches.. I think STS is forgetting that for us hard core gamers that are not so very lucky with chest resort to buying crates for a chance to get this or those for us who are not lucky with crates resorts to hours and hours and hours of blood sweat and tears of farming.. They are forggeting that in a 2 month range of expansion time frame sometimes its impossible to have this very rare item in the beggining of that expansions timeframe .. Worst case scenario for us gamers that want this items is have the luck of acquiring it in the later part of that said expansion imagine youself working hard for a very rare and expensive item for more than a month then because next expansion is coming you can only enjoy it being best item for only a couple of weeks..

Us that try and give our support by buying plats atleast give us the decency to enjoy it a bit longer..
Us that farms for gold , golden chest for countless Hours kindly give us the decency to reward those hard work..
Us that tries to learn the ins and out of the game and tries to be the best merchant just to earn enough gold to buy this item please give us the decency to not let all those hard work go to waste just in a short period of time..

We all know that mmorpg are desigend to have the best set of items for limited period of time and then when new updates roll out we need to hunt/farm for new items but in this case we are talking about a super rare item that some people have spent hundreds/thousand of dollar plus countless hours of farming to acquire.. This set up should work if lets say updates are 6 months long but we dont have that luxury with this game because it is a mobile game we have very limited things we can do in a game like this before we burn out ourselves hence faster update period which that part i very much understand and support.. In return us gamers ask for developers to at the very least be creative on how they will support us gamers that gave value on their game those that are caught line and sinkers for their supposedly Arcane rarity items , pls be creative on how you handle this things please just a little consideration for us that have given effort to get this items.. That we ask PLEASE

PLEASE GIVE US THE SATISFACTION THAT WE HAVE INVESTED IN SOMETHING!!
AND LET US FEEL THAT IT IS ALL WORTH IT......

Mysticaleagle
03-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Plus one to this

""But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear? ""

Yes to this also but with how fast updates are coming this is not fun it cost hu dreds/thousand of real money it is ok once in a while like in the case of Arcane Weapons because it is very rare but let gamers have the ability to atleast carry that very same itme that very rare item to be upgraded to the next patch.. How i see it is in the future they can just introduce more set of Arcane weapons for us to hunt if they want squeeze more money from us..

Example :
Rogue have Arcane Blade now in the near future give us Arcane Bow
Warriors hammer for now then Arcane sword next
Mages will have their staff then in the near fiture itll be Arcane gun they will be hunting for..

Just give us the satisfaction to atleast have some or one item that because we work hard to get it let us atleast enjoy it being one of the best atleast for few more patches.. I think sta is forgetting that for us hard core gamers that are not so very lucky with chest resort to buying crates for a chance to get this or those for us who are not lucky with crates resorts to hours and hours and hours of blood sweat and tears of farming.. They are forggeting that in a 2 month range of expansion life time sometimes its impossible to have this very rare item in the beggining of that expansions life time .. Worst case scenario for us gamers that want this items is have the luck of acquiring it in the later part of that said expansion imagine youself working hard for a very rare and expensive item for more than a month then because next expansion is coming you can only enjoy it being best item for only a couple of weeks..

Us that try and give our support by buying plats atleast give us the decency to enjoy it a bit longer..
Us that farms for gold , golden chest for Hours kindly give us the decency to reward those hard work..
Us that tries to learn the ins and out of the game and tries to be the best merchant just to earn enough gold to buy this item please give us the decency to not let all those hard work go to waste just in a couple of months..

We all know that mmorpg are desigend to have the best set of items for limited period of time and then when new updates roll out we need to hunt/farm for new items but in this case we are talking about a super rare item that some people have spent hundreds/thousand of dollar plus countless hours of farming to acquire.. This set up should work if lets say updates are 6 months long but we dont have that luxury with this game because it is a mobile game we have very limited things we can do in a game like this before we burn out ourselves hence faster update period which that part i very much understand and support.. In return us gamers ask for developers to at the very least be creative on how they will support us gamers that gave value on their game those that are caught line and sinkers for their supposedly Arcane rarity items , pls be creative on how you handle this things please just a little consideration for us that have given effort to get this items.. That we ask PLEASE

That's what I call some valuable post. +1 to you, bro.

Shaukei
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Well if you had read the other thread in the suggestions forum (by mysticaleagle), this thread would make a lot more sense
I can't find this thread you mention, but I don't see how a user suggestion would have anything to do with what I said.

Again. As far as I can see, an upgrade was announced only for the expansion after the upcoming expansion. This thread attempts to clarify that (granted, could have done a slightly better job). Nothing's changed. As far as we can tell, it's still coming.

Yet, people freaked out; they seem to believe the upgrade was planned for the upcoming expansion and got cancelled. Hence me saying they should read carefully before starting a drama, and spreading misinformation.

Rare
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
I can't find this thread you mention, but I don't see how a user suggestion would have anything to do with what I said.

Again. As far as I can see, an upgrade was announced only for the expansion after the upcoming expansion. This thread attempts to clarify that (granted, could have done a slightly better job). Nothing's changed. As far as we can tell, it's still coming.

Yet, people freaked out; they seem to believe the upgrade was planned for the upcoming expansion and got cancelled. Hence me saying they should read carefully before starting a drama, and spreading misinformation.

In that thread it was specifically stated that there would be no upgrade to the mythic helms. That they would stay level 26. Perhaps Sam forgot to mention if they would be upgradable at 36, or maybe the plan has changed. This deserves clarification.

I understand you didn't see the thread. If you had, you would understand why THIS thread was started.

Shaukei
03-30-2013, 05:41 PM
In that thread it was specifically stated that there would be no upgrade to the mythic helms. That they would stay level 26. Perhaps Sam forgot to mention if they would be upgradable at 36, or maybe the plan has changed. This deserves clarification.

I understand you didn't see the thread. If you had, you would understand why THIS thread was started.
Aren't we just agreeing? I think I understand it pretty well: people expected the upgrade to be coming next expansion, when it isn't. The point is, it was never announced for the next expansion (L31). It was announced for the one after that (L36).

So instead of starting a drama from a misunderstanding, the question should have been: is the L36 upgrade still planned? Because yes, the devs have become a bit vague about that.

Origin
03-30-2013, 05:55 PM
This^^^^

Good one!

Perhaps, moving on, if STS is concerned about market saturation then the stones could be further divided into a few types.

eg. one type with 10% success, 60% success rate, 100% success rate.. for the 1st 2, x % chance of failing and a small % chance of destroying the item. The other difference is the stats boost, so 10% would give the best permanent stat upgrade but be the riskiest to use, so on and so forth. The number of chances to upgrade each item could be adjusted with each level cap change. With an upgrade fail, one chance still gets used up. So unsuccessfully "stoned" items with less or no upgrade slots could still fetch a price on the market, just less than a "clean" or well-"stoned" item. So here, "godly" has a chance of really being "godly".

Just a thought, hope that makes sense :-)

redlion94
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
i have a question: so we will not have lv31 hook and mythic helms?

Jellowpy
03-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I just hope STS would just be a bit more creative..
They dont realize that most that are aggreeing for no upgrades are those that dont have them yet (talking about arcane since it is vague about mythic being upgraded on lvl36 cap) and they dont realize that for those that who already have the an arcane are those are more likely to want more you can milk us more because we are happy paying customers like for me .. Since iam good with my farming rogue having one 2 gud gears out of 5 possible gear i will farm 3 more best lvl 31 items for my rogue then move on to my Warrior to get his best gear...

With current decision of not upgrading (talking bout arcane now) arcane weapons they are just screwing their hardcore gamers those that are willing to give them their money hence some of us are quitting... I can spend 200-500$ per good expansion but if that expansion does not net me my moneys worth of entertainment or if i just feel iam just being milked thats when gamers that pay will stop..

Theres a big difference in voluntarily giving my money because i enjoy the game between being forced out of my money because i feel like iam one of their milking cow...

Even a cow can only be milked once in a while...

Rare
03-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Aren't we just agreeing? I think I understand it pretty well: people expected the upgrade to be coming next expansion, when it isn't. The point is, it was never announced for the next expansion (L31). It was announced for the one after that (L36).

So instead of starting a drama from a misunderstanding, the question should have been: is the L36 upgrade still planned? Because yes, the devs have become a bit vague about that.

Yes. If you look a while back, I did ask that.

I was only responding to your post saying you didn't understand why this topic was started. But yes, it's seems we are arguing about agreeing :)

Valsacar
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
i have a question: so we will not have lv31 hook and mythic helms?

Can you not read?

Shaukei
03-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes. If you look a while back, I did ask that.
Good. Which is why my post wasn't directed at you, but at the people who misunderstood and freaked out. :)

Anyhow, I think we'd all appreciate a definitive answer on the matter. Pretty please? Not so much how it'll be implemented yet, but if. It'd be a scam if it did get cancelled, no question (so I doubt they would, personally).

Deadprezz
03-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Can't wait for the expansion!

Phupham88
03-31-2013, 12:40 PM
I think mythic and arcane item unable to upgrade is better ...if we can upgrade item the next after this coming upgrade , do take some player 1 day to max lv n max gear just upgarde item don need to go farm and no fun to find new gear..
And if item can upgrade alot player have arcane weapon n mythic set so it will not be rare anymore ...

Uzii
03-31-2013, 12:47 PM
I think mythic and arcane item unable to upgrade is better ...if we can upgrade item the next after this coming upgrade , do take some player 1 day to max lv n max gear just upgarde item don need to go farm and no fun to find new gear..
And if item can upgrade alot player have arcane weapon n mythic set so it will not be rare anymore ...

This is true.

I think no platinum involved with this items then. Make them only drops from maps, chests, bosses etc. Players will be less frustrated

Edit: my bad didnt read it carefuly just last part. My english is not so good as i
thought it is (im actualy for an upgrade in sugestion section what a fail lol).

Yes wouldnt be fair. But i stay for no platinum to obtain them (mythic armor) would be better. Its late i know

Aplyed
03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Too late for us all who invested , they need to go as planned with upgrade after nordor expansion. That's the only reason i and other bought it . so wouldn't be fair .

Phupham88
03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I think upgrade will involed platinum to upgrade item somehow..xd

gundamsone
03-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Says the guy who panic sold 2-3 Helms @ 5-6m when they're only 3-4m now

Mysticaleagle
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Says the guy who panic sold 2-3 Helms @ 5-6m when they're only 3-4m now

And i'm the ''drama queen''? Lmao..............................

gundamsone
03-31-2013, 02:34 PM
And i'm the ''drama queen''? Lmao..............................
Posting that response just made you one

Mysticaleagle
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Posting that response just made you one

Thanks. Just waiting for the title now. :) (thought you ignored me?)

Edit: meh, nvm. No need to argue with ya.

ZigZag
03-31-2013, 06:22 PM
well for once I'm happy Sorcerers get left till last :D

Carapace
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Mythic helms and the Hooks will continue to be available in Locked Crates. Hold on to your mythic helms, we haven't unveiled what we're doing with these in the future but they will be worth having.

I wouldn't fret too much about thinking this is an issue right now based on perception of how it will stack up in the new content rather than where it currently lies in the bigger picture. It's very easy to get caught up in the "but it says it's level 26... and we will be 31" mentality and all we can do is ask you to look at the stats and green numbers compared to items in the next expansion, regardless of their usable level.

gundamsone
03-31-2013, 09:23 PM
we haven't unveiled what we're doing with these in the future but they will be worth having.

+1

Cara is absolutely right, people are too emotionally attached to the item's levels. Wouldn't it be even better if a lower level item gave out MORE stats than a higher level item?
We're talking about mythic rarity here guys..don't give up so easily.

Jellowpy
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM

gunshadow
04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Sounds to me from reading this thread that those who have the mythic/arcane items want them to continue to be the best gear possible even in future expansions. Don't blame them as I would also want this as well since it would basically save me a lot of time/gold/plat. However as non owner of any of these and due to the rarity I never expect to have any them I would hope that they would be not upgradeable. This way, it would at least give me hope that I may be able to get better gear in the future.

Jellowpy
04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Only gripes i have tbh is that they promised to not make arcane obselete i specifilly asked that during a chat with a dev last month if not for that false promise i wouldnt have invested heavily on acquiring it..

Swede
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Only gripes i have tbh is that they promised to not make arcane obselete i specifilly asked that during a chat with a dev last month if not for that false promise i wouldnt have invested heavily on acquiring it..

It wasn't false, it's the same promise that we're giving now. Arcane Hooks will still be the highest damage Rogue melee weapon after this expansion (Nordr) is released and Mythic helmets will still be equivalent to the best helmets. In addition, we have plans for the Mythics in the following expansion after Nordr, so even if you stop wearing them, I wouldn't get rid of them.

If you thought that I said that Arcane and Mythic items will forever be the best and you never have to get another item for that slot, then you misunderstood me. That would make no sense, we've never released items that just keep upgrading forever and you never have to replace them.

Deadroth
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM

Hello :)

I have heard that Blackbeard Nefarious Hooks and Mythic Class Helms don't drop now form Elite Golden Pirate Chests...

But only form Locked Grand Crates Of The Watch...

Am i right???

Booya!
Dead :)

P.S. Uff... Im glad that Arcane and Mythic items still will be best... but whats about expansion after BfN??? Do Blackbeard N H will still good in mage expansion?

Swede
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I have heard that Blackbeard Nefarious Hooks and Mythic Class Helms don't drop now form Elite Golden Pirate Chests...

Not true, they do drop from Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

Zanpakuto
04-01-2013, 12:21 PM
At like 1/1000000 rate lol

Energizeric
04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
It wasn't false, it's the same promise that we're giving now. Arcane Hooks will still be the highest damage Rogue melee weapon after this expansion (Nordr) is released and Mythic helmets will still be equivalent to the best helmets. In addition, we have plans for the Mythics in the following expansion after Nordr, so even if you stop wearing them, I wouldn't get rid of them.

If you thought that I said that Arcane and Mythic items will forever be the best and you never have to get another item for that slot, then you misunderstood me. That would make no sense, we've never released items that just keep upgrading forever and you never have to replace them.

I know that we have had a couple other threads which discussed this, so perhaps I am repeating here, but the sorcerer mythic helm is barely the best sorcerer helm at level 26. In fact, for PvP I use a different helm since the mythic has lower armor and causes me to lose 160+ health compared to the helm I use for PvP. With that being the case, I find it hard to understand how the sorcerer helm can still be equivalent to the best at level 31 when it just barely makes that qualification at level 26. Unless of course you are going to give it a stat boost.

For the Rogue & Warrior mythic helms, yes they care clearly the best at level 26 so perhaps that will be the case at level 31.

jtst
04-01-2013, 01:06 PM
At like 1/1000000 rate lol

my bet would be hooks 1/50000 or 0.002%, mythic helms 1/100 or 1%

gundamsone
04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
We all know all 6 mythic armor pieces and both arcane weapons will most likely be available from crates but my question is
will the golden Nodr elite chests contain mythic helms and hooks? or will the helms and hook be exclusive to golden elite pirates

Aplyed
04-01-2013, 02:48 PM
We all know all 6 mythic armor pieces and both arcane weapons will most likely be available from crates but my question is
will the golden Nodr elite chests contain mythic helms and hooks? or will the helms and hook be exclusive to golden elite pirates

The hooks and helms with only be in elite gold pirates and locked crates , and the new arcane and mythic will come from new chest and locked crates.

FluffNStuff
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM

So this means with current scaling and previously planned level 31 items, the Arcane Hooks will naturally be the highest damage item? If that is not is the case, and it requires a forced nerf to level 31 items then that is going to cause a much bigger problem to the game, and will be easily noticed.

gundamsone
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
So this means with current scaling and previously planned level 31 items, the Arcane Hooks will naturally be the highest damage item? If that is not is the case, and it requires a forced nerf to level 31 items then that is going to cause a much bigger problem to the game, and will be easily noticed.
It won't unbalance the game b/c 99.9% of the players you play with will be on equal grounds as everyone else.
It's almost the end of Season 3 and i've yet to farm any pve maps with a hooks user and i've only been in 2 ctf games with a hooks user.

When they decide to release such an exclusive item, there will be definitely some drawbacks but if you think about it, it will have minimal effect on the majority of the players.
I'm guessing the drop rate is well above at 1 in every 3000+ crates or 5k+ golden elites so for such a costly item, it deserves to hold the #1 spot, or until they introduce the next wave of arcane weapons.

FluffNStuff
04-01-2013, 03:38 PM
It won't unbalance the game b/c 99.9% of the players you play with will be on equal grounds as everyone else.
It's almost the end of Season 3 and i've yet to farm any pve maps with a hooks user and i've only been in 2 ctf games with a hooks user.

When they decide to release such an exclusive item, there will be definitely some drawbacks but if you think about it, it will have minimal effect on the majority of the players.

I am just saying it could unbalance Rogues in general. Because of the outcry they need to make sure the level 26 hooks are the best item at level 31, so if they do that retroactively, it would mean nerfing all the other Rogue level 31 items.

gundamsone
04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Best doesn't mean +40 dmg and + 70 dps.
Best could only mean +10 dmg and + 20 dps which would still make it best.

I'm guessing the 31 daggers and 31 bows will be just under the hooks which will ofc depreciate the value on hooks but it would still make it the best and still be almost as valuable.

Jellowpy
04-01-2013, 08:29 PM

If you'll kindly reread every post i have made in this thread i have never ever said i would like to stay it upgraded forever.. I have even suggested things i thought are goood idea and a good balance for these problem , some are even ways for you to earn more money from gamers like me.. In what i understand you are planning on havin some ways for mythic to be turned in for an upgrade after Nordr expansion,correct? But how about arcane weapon? With current stated plan it will be obselete when Mage expansion comes, shouldnt arcane weapons have a better plan lay out for it being the rarest rarity ingame? See where my frustration is comin from?

If you can check all my post never have i ever made a rage post that dont have any sense into it.. When i complained about how Arcane are terrible when they were first released and had that conversation with you then after a few days you patched that arcane weapon to be where it is now?.. It felt awesome TBH a gamer being heard by the devs and felt that in some little way i contributed in that decision . I promised then that because u were very accomodating and felt like you are listening to your customer that i would purchase a 89$ plat package bec u guys deserve it , u know what ? I did multiple times infact spread to my different accounts ( i have. Two lvl26 rogue,1 lvl 26 warrior,1 lvl 21 warrior, 1 lvl21 mage, twink lvl6 x2 twink lvl16) all of them have enjoyed havin the luxury of spendin plats when they needed.. All because i felt i had found the game that where devs deserve my support..

As ive stated in one of my post ,Yes in a game like this items should need to be replaced every expansion but also remember in PC mmorpgs updates takes 6month- 1 year to arrive . Since we are on a mobile platform i truly understand and support the idea of faster expansion coming in since we can only squeeze so many things in in a mobile game xpansion bef we get burned out.. Thats why i was askin that kindly give us something that we can invest in that we can carry to several expansion atleast ( since we have an average of 2 months per expansion) thats just one item a very rare and very expensive item to acquire.. Then maybe after a few expansion introduce a seperate branch of better arcane weapon ( ex: axe vs sword , staff vs gun and blades vs bow) in that way old arcane weapon will hold their value but we will have something new to gun for then just repeat the process entire rotation of these will take a year or more enough time for us to shell out tons of cash for you guys...

I just hope you see what iam tryin to say here.. I never did asked for a permanent item just give as a better future plan layout for items you are releasing that are very rare and expensive... I will never ever complain like this if i did not love your game ..

I complain because i care

Jellowpy
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I am just saying it could unbalance Rogues in general. Because of the outcry they need to make sure the level 26 hooks are the best item at level 31, so if they do that retroactively, it would mean nerfing all the other Rogue level 31 items..

@Gundamsone
He is correct in this one bud.. We are on the same boat here , he is just saying in retrospect for hooks to be able to be better than lvl 31 rogue weapon w/o it being upgraded they need to make sure they scale down Elite legendary lvl 31 rogue weapon rather than giving its full potential..

And let us be honest here even with a hook its not a very big significance in this current expansion ( ofcourse having 2 or more Rogue with hook in a party is a different story) for example i did try to time our Southern Sea Run with Hook vs Flintlock difference is just few secos faster as in just 10-15 secs it being Best item at that for this expansion yes thats a good increase and improvement but imagine that hook being used in the new expansion w/o an upgrade or worst imagine lvl31 elite legendary in a lvl 31 elite map if they are to be scaled down for hooks to be still the best..

Edit:
@Devs and others
English is not my native tongue i just try my very best to reach out and give my opinion if ever you find phrases or words that are not makin any sense i apologize in advance .

Zanpakuto
04-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Either way, hooks will pretty much be a vanity item in this update. Whoever has them can save money by not needing 31 items. With the way prices are going, by the time the sorc update comes out, and hooks get scaled up, the chance of getting arcane hooks will be even lower since there's more arcane items selection. I wouldn't be surprised if their price shoots up to 99m

The key to this game is not to expect arcane. It will drive u insane! Mythic is obtainable, but arcane items you might as well cash convert all your plat!

Rare
04-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Technically, I think what Fluff is saying is that it will be bad if they have to nerf L31 weapons just to make the hook better since they will not be buffing hooks. With the current progression of stats from one cap to the next, it will be relatively easy to tell if the new gear has been nerfed to accommodate this.

We hope that the hooks are already powerful enough that they could remain the best without having to change the stat curve to "make" them the best. I guess it would also be relatively easy to extrapolate 31 gear stats and compare them to the hooks stats if you have those.

Rare
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Either way, hooks will pretty much be a vanity item in this update. Whoever has them can save money by not needing 31 items. With the way prices are going, by the time the sorc update comes out, and hooks get scaled up, the chance of getting arcane hooks will be even lower since there's more arcane items selection. I wouldn't be surprised if their price shoots up to 99m

The key to this game is not to expect arcane. It will drive u insane! Mythic is obtainable, but arcane items you might as well cash convert all your plat!

Where did you get this information from? All I've been reading until now says there is no updated planned for the hooks. Only mythics.

Mysticaleagle
04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I just think that the whole idea to bring an Arcane weapon for each class is a bit ''out of track''.

First, comes the Rogue arcane weapon for level 26. You spend hundreds of dollars or millions of gold to obtain it. It is an incredibly rare item to get. Then, once you get it, you have the best Rogue weapon and you are pretty strong or even 'OP'.

Then, comes the Warrior arcane weapon for level 31. Same thing to obtain it, but now the Warrior will have the 'OP' weapon and will be even more powerful. The level 26 Rogue arcane weapon will then become weaker, and weaker each expansions.

After that, there will be a level 36 Sorcerer arcane weapon which will then give the power to the Sorcerers, who will became more 'OP' and stronger.

Conclusion, if they don't let us upgrade the Warrior and Rogue arcane weapons, it will only be un-balanced and nonsense since it would be MUCH better if EACH classe has THEIR arcane weapon for the SAME level.

Don't forget that you get to have that strong and powerful arcane for about a month or two, to then have better ones (or not).

Even if the upgrade requires a X amount of platinum or gold to do, it will still be pretty reasonable.

Just my two little cents.

Zanpakuto
04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Where did you get this information from? All I've been reading until now says there is no updated planned for the hooks. Only mythics.

I was under the impression that arcane along with mythics would be upgradable in the sorc expansion. If they don't do so, they've essentially destroyed quite a bit of plat sales as those ultra rare items all eventually become obsolete leaving only the arcane pets worth getting. Blows the mind how they can promise that mythics and arcane items can be turned in for higher level in future expansions and now they're not only skipping to every other expansion but possibly never upgradable?

Jellowpy
04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
^^
This they did not realize that those that are gunning for this kind of items are those that are willing to shell out hundreds or thousand of dollars .. Who would want to get burned again and shell out those kind of money if you know it'll happen again ? As for me have spent hundres for plat but was very happy and was willing to spend more to get a slim chance of gettin tht arcnae weapon for my warrior but with this weak future plan layout for arcane weapon i dont think so..

Zuzeq
04-02-2013, 04:19 PM
My take: Look at the current tier 4 (pinks) malee items. Depraved and Flintlocks. Flintlocks are more rare and all around more valuable, but DBP have more dps etc. FofB gives you some stuff that DBP don't, DMG etc. Saying that, a new Viking type lvl 31 weapon/bow would prob be all around better than Hooks, but the Hooks will most likly provide an Assassin something that a new weapon won't.

Energizeric
04-03-2013, 02:00 AM
I think you guys forget that hooks will always be OP as a lvl26 pvp item. If you look at PL, some of the most expensive items have always been twink items used in PvP. So I would not be surprised to find hooks still worth 10m+ long after they are obsolete at end game. But yes, if I had to guess I would expect that at the 41 cap we will be looking at a new rogue arcane weapon, assuming the pattern continues.

Swede
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I was under the impression that arcane along with mythics would be upgradable in the sorc expansion. If they don't do so, they've essentially destroyed quite a bit of plat sales as those ultra rare items all eventually become obsolete leaving only the arcane pets worth getting. Blows the mind how they can promise that mythics and arcane items can be turned in for higher level in future expansions and now they're not only skipping to every other expansion but possibly never upgradable?

We never promised that Arcane items would be upgradable at all and we never promised that Mythics would be upgradable in every expansion. Not sure where you are getting this information.

Energizeric
04-03-2013, 12:59 PM
We never promised that Arcane items would be upgradable at all and we never promised that Mythics would be upgradable in every expansion. Not sure where you are getting this information.

Unfortunately there were a few members of this forum who kept repeating this misinformation, so quite a few people probably believed it was true even though no developer ever said so.

Zanpakuto
04-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Shoot I guess I interpreted it wrong! Sorry about that :( I hope that you do take it into consideration though! Getting a mythic once is hard enough but twice especially for Arcane items later on is pretty rough! I'll still try my luck at mythic armor for my warrior :) u guys are doing an excellent job at keeping my friends and I all addicted haha

Unfortunately there were a few members of this forum who kept repeating this misinformation, so quite a few people probably believed it was true even though no developer ever said so.

Yeah I reread the older posts and it looks like only mythics were promised. It was nice of them to make the hooks the best item in a recent update. I won't stress over an arcane sword for my warrior now :)

Jellowpy
04-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Shoot I guess I interpreted it wrong! Sorry about that :( I hope that you do take it into consideration though! Getting a mythic once is hard enough but twice especially for Arcane items later on is pretty rough! I'll still try my luck at mythic armor for my warrior :) u guys are doing an excellent job at keeping my friends and I all addicted haha

Yeah I reread the older posts and it looks like only mythics were promised. It was nice of them to make the hooks the best item in a recent update. I won't stress over an arcane sword for my warrior now :)

Only problem with this is why is it that mythic will be upgraded in expansion after Nordr and Arcane are not.. Being it the rarest rarity you can get even if we were misinformed shouldnt it have a better plan for Arcane Rarity weapons being how hard to get them?

Itll be an easier pill to swallow is if they upgrade stats for it to be competetive but not item lvl

Zanpakuto
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Only problem with this is why is it that mythic will be upgraded in expansion after Nordr and Arcane are not.. Being it the rarest rarity you can get even if we were misinformed should have a better plan for Arcane Rarity weapons being how hard to get them?

Itll be an easier pill to swallow is if they upgrade stats for it to be competetive but not item lvl

I completely agree with you! "Arcane" items should never become obsolete. Hopefully devs will reconsider it given its extreme rarity. As it stands, I don't need to go all out getting that warrior sword! Feel bad for my friends and u who do have the hooks. I'd be very upset if I were u too :(

Zuzeq
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Hooks are like the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" in WOW. It was so so rare and so so awesome for a little while and still is, but one weapon can't be the best forever (More than this couple of months def) but not forever.

Khylan
04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Hooks are like the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" in WOW. It was so so rare and so so awesome for a little while and still is, but one weapon can't be the best forever (More than this couple of months def) but not forever.

Lol Southpark much? I get your point, but WoW is on a 2 year expansion cycle so the best gear in game was viable for at least a year or more depending on the guild. Making Arcane class specific weapons should be something every class should have the opportunity to achieve at the same level.

STS really pushed the whole "rogue focus for Kraken Expansion" and that Nodr will be warrior focused. This is great, but why go to hassle if the pinnacle class weapon will be antiquated in comparison to next class weapon? I mean, why not just make a sorcerer and kick back, saving your money knowing your arcane weapon will be the best one in game when it comes out because sorcerers will be the last to get their arcane weapon? It makes no sense whatsoever unless STS plans to release arcane weapons every third expansion, and the goal is to force people into spending more cash, all over again, and again etc..

Zuzeq
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Lol Southpark much? I get your point, but WoW is on a 2 year expansion cycle so the best gear in game was viable for at least a year or more depending on the guild. Making Arcane class specific weapons should be something every class should have the opportunity to achieve at the same level.

STS really pushed the whole "rogue focus for Kraken Expansion" and that Nodr will be warrior focused. This is great, but why go to hassle if the pinnacle class weapon will be antiquated in comparison to next class weapon? I mean, why not just make a sorcerer and kick back, saving your money knowing your arcane weapon will be the best one in game when it comes out because sorcerers will be the last to get their arcane weapon? It makes no sense whatsoever unless STS plans to release arcane weapons every third expansion, and the goal is to force people into spending more cash, all over again, and again etc..

Yeah a lil bit@Southpark...lol. Like I said I agree that Arcane Weapons should have a longer "Shelf Life". I would like to assume that the current/pending Arcane weapons won't be the "One and Only" of it's kind if STS plan to keep AL going beyond level 36. I think it would be cool for there to be a new Arcane weapon for each class after every couple cap raises. Not saying STS so go with "The Return to Kraken Islands" after the Mage's back story, but taking "Turns" with Arcane weapons isn't bad. Or thay can do a scale...wait...somebody said that already. Shutting up now..

Montanabro
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Don't try to acquire arcane items if you don't think they're worthwhile to acquire.

Jellowpy
04-04-2013, 05:04 PM

OMG this ,somebody have the same thinking as i do.. Maybe a fellow hardcore WoW gamer here. I 100% truly aggree , as ive always said in reality we cant expect Gears to be forever remain top Gear but the problem with "our" mmorpg is it is unlike PC mmorpg or let us just compare it to the most popular w/c is wow where in it takes more than a year per expansion..

Those gear that you will grind for weeks or months can still be enjoyed for a long time , that is why when next expansion comes you dont feel cheated when your Top Gear becomes obselete because logic dictates that since Top gear are rare you'll take a long time or in great lenghts acquiring them weeks or months but because WoW have a longer life cycle you can still enjoy your gear being top quality for a long time..

But with Arcane Legend it is a mobile game thats why shorter expansion life cycle is very much understood and ofcourse very much appreciated but........ With this in mind they should have taken enough responsibility of having a good future planning on these "Arcane" rarity items.. Arcane being Obselete after 2 patches even if swade have promised them to not allow that to happen while mythic have a future plan of being upgraded after Nordr expansion? I really cant see enough common sense in that decision specially that Arcane should have been the rarest and the toughest one to aquire..

gundamsone
04-04-2013, 06:13 PM
My guess is the l31 bone chiller bows will have close to the damage output l26 hooks

FTW

Jellowpy
04-04-2013, 09:45 PM
@gundamsone
LvL26 bone chiller bows have CLOSE to the damage output of Arcane weapon .. How wacky is that right?

gundamsone
04-04-2013, 11:05 PM
it's a good thing itll drive the prices down

Jellowpy
04-05-2013, 02:09 AM
If u dont have one yes.. But its unfair for us that have it and worked for it defies it being an Arcane rarity

jtst
04-05-2013, 05:53 AM
If u dont have one yes.. But its unfair for us that have it and worked for it defies it being an Arcane rarity

Hooks are luck item, not worked hard. No reason to be OP, all reasons to be special. It's already special as very rare and has awesome proc.

Mysticaleagle
04-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Hooks are luck item, not worked hard. No reason to be OP, all reasons to be special. It's already special as very rare and has awesome proc.

I beg your pardon? Did you spend $300 - $500 for them?

Khylan
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I beg your pardon? Did you spend $300 - $500 for them?

Yeah, the cost involved to get these is astronomical for a video game. Making them obsolete after 4 months with no opportunity to upgrade is shamefully greedy...bilking your best customers with the assumption they will continue to spend exorbadant amounts of money.

I've spent quite a bit between DL and gearing/pet buying for my 3 toons, but now my attitude has changed because of the stance on the arcane/mythic items. Yesterday I purchased 1700 plat (my last purchase of 1700 was during the plat sale), opened crates until I got the bonechiller bow of potency and stopped. Why? What's the point in plowing through crates anymore?

I have 1400 plat left, 56 crates left out of th 80 I bought in CS, and doubled the money I initially spent buying those crates by selling my 26 armor and various items from the crates. I'm going to sit on all of it until the level cap goes up and I will again approach things conservatively. If the hooks and helm were upgradable ..even for 500 plat, I would have a reason to justify "well, maybe I'll open just one more". No pun intended, but you need a hook in order to get someone compulsive to bite, and right now mythic/arcane items don't cut it.

Energizeric
04-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Excuse me?? I fully intend to own the arcane sorcerer weapon when it comes out in the level 36 expansion. And it won't be from luck or by spending any money. It will be from tons of work to save up a large fortune of gold.

No luck involved there, just a ton of hard work. Yes, some people end up with good things from luck. People win the lottery. But most people that have a lot do so by hard work, both in the real world and in this game too.

Caiahar
04-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Excuse me?? I fully intend to own the arcane sorcerer weapon when it comes out in the level 36 expansion. And it won't be from luck or by spending any money. It will be from tons of work to save up a large fortune of gold.

No luck involved there, just a ton of hard work. Yes, some people end up with good things from luck. People win the lottery. But most people that have a lot do so by hard work, both in the real world and in this game too.

Luck, luck, luck. I too, am saving up money for the arcane sorcerer weapon (unless it's another staff UGH) and the mythic armors. Wanna know how much I spent on this game? 2$. That was for character slot.

jtst
04-05-2013, 06:44 PM

The way things are gold doesn't matter, there only 5-10 arcane weapons in game, and if seller wants to keep it, he doesn't sell and you can't buy. You will see it when warriors arcane comes out. There are not so much mages as rogues and warriors, so you would have obvilously better chance to get arcane. Mythic items or arcane pets - these you can farm and merch and sure get them, weapons are in higher demand, so you get it when you are LUCKY enough.

Energizeric
04-05-2013, 09:26 PM
The way things are gold doesn't matter, there only 5-10 arcane weapons in game, and if seller wants to keep it, he doesn't sell and you can't buy. You will see it when warriors arcane comes out. There are not so much mages as rogues and warriors, so you would have obvilously better chance to get arcane. Mythic items or arcane pets - these you can farm and merch and sure get them, weapons are in higher demand, so you get it when you are LUCKY enough.

Most of the Arcane hooks have indeed changed hands at least once. Often times it will be a warrior or sorcerer who will get the hooks, and since they cannot use them they sell to a rogue. Same will happen with future arcane weapons. If you offer enough gold you can buy one. Right now there is an arcane hooks for sale in the traders forum.

Popamollyswtn
04-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Have you guys played other MMOs? It's a loot reroll. After people spend all their time and gold getting gear it simply is worthless I'm the next expansion. Sell your stuff so you can afford the new items when they come out!

Jellowpy
04-07-2013, 06:50 AM
-edit-
double post

Jellowpy
04-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Reread argument on other post ... Other mmos like WoW 1-2 yrs per expansion Vs Arcane Legend 2months
Spend more than a month farming or gettiing lucky enjoy ur best gear for couple of weeks if lucky...

No one is arguing about what you have said only problem is lack of future planning for supposedly rarest item ingame not thinking that cost and hard work aqcuiring VERY RARE items in Arcane Legend is not worth the satisfaction for a gamer because of how fast we roll updates .. Updates that are very much welcome because we are playing a mobile game wherein we need new fresh things in a short period of time , only problem is they need to give importance on how much work and money gamers have spent to acquire this supposedly very very rare arcane items..

About your question yes have played Ragnarok Online, Dragon Nest Sea .,World of Warcraft and some other mmorpgs thats why i think i have an idea on how things work on mmorpgs...

Mysticaleagle
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
This is getting ridiculous...

Zanpakuto
04-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Reread argument on other post ... Other mmos like WoW 1-2 yrs per expansion Vs Arcane Legend 2months
Spend more than a month farming or gettiing lucky enjoy ur best gear for couple of weeks if lucky...

No one is arguing about what you have said only problem is lack of future planning for supposedly rarest item ingame not thinking that cost and hard work aqcuiring VERY RARE items in Arcane Legend is not worth the satisfaction for a gamer because of how fast we roll updates .. Updates that are very much welcome because we are playing a mobile game wherein we need new fresh things in a short period of time , only problem is they need to give importance on how much work and money gamers have spent to acquire this supposedly very very rare arcane items..

About your question yes have played Ragnarok Online, Dragon Nest Sea .,World of Warcraft and some other mmorpgs thats why i think i have an idea on how things work on mmorpgs...

Yeah I agree with u! Guess what, I just sold off all my locked crates and not going to bother achieving an arcane weapon for my warrior! It's sort of like when I had the cap ax with 80% buff worth over 100k, and now it's worth less than 8k since the nerf. I don't see a point in blowing plats and try my luck at extremely rare items if they're not going to survive in the long run. I'll just use remaining plats on plat pets :) 400k for nexus? 500k for malison? 130plat will take care of that!

Jellowpy
04-08-2013, 07:39 AM
TBH thats how i feel too i have a lvl 26 warrior too just waitin for his time to shine but with this current news i think i wont be bothering with even tryin to get his arcane weapon unlike with my rogue that i have tried moving heaven and earth just to get her Arcane weapon .. Not worth it really

Zanpakuto
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
TBH thats how i feel too i have a lvl 26 warrior too just waitin for his time to shine but with this current news i think i wont be bothering with even tryin to get his arcane weapon unlike with my rogue that i have tried moving heaven and earth just to get her Arcane weapon .. Not worth it really

Yah just enjoy the hooks for now! At least u have them! I'm still waiting for the day one comes out from an elite pirate chest! But at least now I no longer stress over over it it and other arcane items to come! I think only pet eggs will be worth money later on.

DraftingDave
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I understand that the L26 Hook and Helms will still drop from the Pirate Elite chest, but will the other items in the chest be at the new Level cap? Or will the chests forever have only L26 gear?

Rare
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
I understand that the L26 Hook and Helms will still drop from the Pirate Elite chest, but will the other items in the chest be at the new Level cap? Or will the chests forever have only L26 gear?

Judging by this season, the chests will drop L30 items.

DraftingDave
04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Judging by this season, the chests will drop L30 items.

Then do you think they'd be a good investment right now? Buy them "cheap" and then sell them to the new Lv31's needing new gear? Or will there be a new version of Elite Pirate chests that will trump the current ones?

Erdnase
04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Then do you think they'd be a good investment right now? Buy them "cheap" and then sell them to the new Lv31's needing new gear? Or will there be a new version of Elite Pirate chests that will trump the current ones?
Well there will be a new chest coming from the nordr maps which will contain the new gear up to lvl 31. Just like it was with the normal chests from brackenridge maps, then came the banded chests from the dead city maps, then the pirate chest from the kraken maps, and now there will be a new chest - with some name that sts will come up with - to come from the new maps. And if also done like last time only the new chests will have the lvl capped gear (in this case 31) and the normal, banded, and pirate will only go up to lvl 30. This prevents people from buying up a bunch of the previous top chests when they r cheap before update, and opening after. So if those chests did give capped gear, then there would be a fast overpopulation of top gear, making prices real low (we could never have that :)). This would also make the prices of the new chests lower since they r not as needed. And that would make it easier to get arcane and mythic gear (could never have that either :)). I hope this makes since and answers ur question. Have a nice day. :)

DraftingDave
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Well there will be a new chest coming from the nordr maps which will contain the new gear up to lvl 31. Just like it was with the normal chests from brackenridge maps, then came the banded chests from the dead city maps, then the pirate chest from the kraken maps, and now there will be a new chest - with some name that sts will come up with - to come from the new maps. And if also done like last time only the new chests will have the lvl capped gear (in this case 31) and the normal, banded, and pirate will only go up to lvl 30. This prevents people from buying up a bunch of the previous top chests when they r cheap before update, and opening after. So if those chests did give capped gear, then there would be a fast overpopulation of top gear, making prices real low (we could never have that :)). This would also make the prices of the new chests lower since they r not as needed. And that would make it easier to get arcane and mythic gear (could never have that either :)). I hope this makes since and answers ur question. Have a nice day. :)

Thank you, great info. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Zanpakuto
04-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Logic is pretty sound. However, the best level 30 gear at first will still be quite useful as compared to the impossible to get elite mode nordr cheats at first! But needn't worry, as that arcane hammer is good enough so that many crates shall be opened to keep the legendary market going at first!

Bebsi
04-15-2013, 09:36 PM

Excellent post ^_^

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Waves at the Hooks and Helms.

''Bye guys, we're about to abandon you in a few days, it was nice to meet you.''

*cries*

Yup, soon to say goodbye to our EXPENSIVE stuff.

Aneharabe
04-19-2013, 11:43 AM
waiting so much fir expansion:))..but questions:
1.Any free respecs??
2.Snaggle can be obtained in elite battle of nordr??

Haligali
04-30-2013, 08:09 AM

As a proud owner of a mythic set, can we have something about these plans? :)

jtst
04-30-2013, 08:19 AM
As a proud owner of a mythic set, can we have something about these plans? :)

500 plat upgrade in next expansion :victorious: (assumptions)

ImTheJunk
04-30-2013, 11:25 AM
It's really hard to understand. :D
Lol, jk.

abihakim
07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Ridiculous. Mythic bow and legendary 31 is just -3.5 dps

With legendary 36 coming in

Surely they will be blasted away. Outperformed.

So why mythic helm&armor got upgrade while weapons not?

I spent much bucks for plats in the last event, managed to have some of them.
And they will be obsolote trash, in next expansion?

Cant believe it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lemonbarley
07-08-2013, 12:38 PM

Totally agreed with Energizeric.

Why play a game that makes you get a rare item easily from game?
I rather worked so hard farming day and night for crates/bossing/plat users opening crates, ta da!
Finally got e gold to buy/obtaining arcane hooks or etc. whatever that you always wished for.

That feeling.. not a word that can ever be defined.
The rare items that you will always remember how hard you worked for will not always be the best
but, atleast you know you have once achieved the best at the moment when most is still working hard for.

RemoTay
07-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Woohoo! Expansion!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

juaki
07-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Last news!!!!

Originally Posted by Swede

Mythic Armor and Helmet are the only thing we're planning to upgrade and you have to have both in order to do so.

The current Mythic weapons should still be the best of their kind in this next expansion. If they're not, we'll think about buffing them. The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released and Arcane items for two expansions. However, we never intended to upgrade them beyond that and have never said we would do so, with the exception of the Armor and Helmet.

uiscabu
07-11-2013, 05:15 AM
wat developer will do after new map lvl 36 n wat abt mythic items that upto lvl 31, they r very costly. R they upgrade them as lvl up or again we have to spent lots of money for mythic again ?

SILENTCRIES
07-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Last news!!!!

Originally Posted by Swede

Mythic Armor and Helmet are the only thing we're planning to upgrade and you have to have both in order to do so.

The current Mythic weapons should still be the best of their kind in this next expansion. If they're not, we'll think about buffing them. The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released and Arcane items for two expansions. However, we never intended to upgrade them beyond that and have never said we would do so, with the exception of the Armor and Helmet.

Interesting.

uiscabu
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Interesting.

is rogue mythic helm will be in top till lvl36 cap ?

Carapace
07-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Because the Mythic helm was first introduced at level 26 it may fall behind the curve going to the end of the next expansion. Fear not however, as if you have both of the mythics you can upgrade them to their level 36 counterparts which will make them well worth the effort.

SILENTCRIES
07-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Upgrade them to 36.

Maalice
07-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Do u need both of these items when the expansion first comes out? Or can u upgrade them at any time

moonway03
07-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Because the Mythic helm was first introduced at level 26 it may fall behind the curve going to the end of the next expansion. Fear not however, as if you have both of the mythics you can upgrade them to their level 36 counterparts which will make them well worth the effort.
Good,so if we have like lvl 131 cap,we can upgrade myth up to 131 still?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Daddyblu
07-16-2013, 07:05 AM

do we need both items to upgrade? what if we only mythic helm with us can we update it to 36 if helm only?

Rare
07-16-2013, 07:13 AM

Any clues as to how this will be done?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2