PDA

View Full Version : Medic Packs

Soundlesskill
03-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't know about you, but I find it annoying that rouges healing skill doesn't heal one self specifically like warriors and mages. We have to run to the medic packs and sometimes that's impossible because of stuns and frost... Sure you can add self healing, but that doesnt really help me and it takes skill points, which, of course, I dont have enough of.
Personally I have 3 and 4 (extra pack, heal over time) its not that I cant survive, but it's bugging me that warriors and mages get to heal themselves instantly.
Please tell me your opinion on this?

Peace out, Sound

SkullCrusher
03-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I also hate that, and something I hate even more is when I'm doing 1v1 with someone and I throw down some medic packs to complete my strategy, my teammates comes out of nowhere and uses them all!!
WTF?! Atleast make them so only the person that throws them can use it, I personally like that it doesn't instantly heal but then again, we all have our own opinions on things. :)
-Skull out.

Valkiryas
03-29-2013, 08:31 PM
In Combat Medic activate the Skill "Trama Surgeon" That will give you a pack that attaches to convene loaded combat medic.

Soundlesskill
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Ikr! Sometimes my packs doesn't even appear and it makes me so frustrated espicially when 1v1-ing.
Also I agree with the "only the caster should be able to use them"-thing. They always steal mine, and it's alwaus those who comes from spawn and have fill hp

Navygreen
03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah I can understand, but there are pro's and con's to all classes. One class might be strong in one area and weak in another. There's some kind of balance there.

Excuses
03-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah I can understand, but there are pro's and con's to all classes. One class might be strong in one area and weak in another. There's some kind of balance there.

Agree on this.
Rogue make huge dmg than other classes.
And our heal is not convenient to use, but better somewhat because it heals up to 40% (which is a lot when it is applied to warrior) + self heal + heal over time, and you can use one and save other two to use later when you need it or even to share with party.
IMO this little disadvantage is good enough for rogue and rather make our class more unique.

And if your team 'steal' your pack.. than you might want to have better team. (Well. You can share.. not steal each others...)

But yes. It is annoying when you die on the pack....

Soundlesskill
03-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Ohh... Thanks :)

lovestriker
04-01-2013, 12:07 AM
*bucawk cawk!*

I know how you feel sound. Some teammates really get packs that you spawned. But you really can't help that specially if you're panicking. If I see a pack lying around I'd get it lol(Depends on the situation tho).

Oh btw, I have extra pack and self heal....

*cawk*

Peace yo!

gigina
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
The packs just drop randomly everywhere! Sometims I cant even see them. Lol
Just like using trap...
Wish they could fix that problem...

Soundlesskill
04-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Me too:)

Soundlesskill
04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Does it help? I mean if you're full heal and wants to throw packs.. It doesn't help.. Right?
Turk-.-

lovestriker
04-09-2013, 01:59 AM
Does it help? I mean if you're full heal and wants to throw packs.. It doesn't help.. Right?
Turk-.-

I honestly think the heal ovrr time is better. I made a mistake. XD

SkyDagger
04-09-2013, 02:07 AM
i hope they make the medic pack more closer cause i hate when i throw a medic pack to save my life. and just disappointed that the medic pack is meters away from you. and here comes a stun that will last 2 sec more depending how many stunners are there >.<

Bbnc
04-09-2013, 04:40 PM
try to throw them when you are near and facing a wall.

lovestriker
04-09-2013, 09:18 PM
i hope they make the medic pack more closer cause i hate when i throw a medic pack to save my life. and just disappointed that the medic pack is meters away from you. and here comes a stun that will last 2 sec more depending how many stunners are there >.<

I know this feeling all to well...

GoodSyntax
04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
try to throw them when you are near and facing a wall.

Some times, and I'm not sure if it is a bug, but when I am standing right against the wall, I end up throwing my packs into...nowhere. I don't know where the packs go, but I can't find them - it's as if the skill just misses.

SkyDagger
04-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Some times, and I'm not sure if it is a bug, but when I am standing right against the wall, I end up throwing my packs into...nowhere. I don't know where the packs go, but I can't find them - it's as if the skill just misses.

I think there's a bug on medic pack :/ it doesn't work sometimes and it makes me killed easily ... ive posted that thread here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91679-Pvp-trap-and-medic-pack but seems no devs still answering on that

Excuses
04-10-2013, 05:47 AM
I think it happens to all other class's skills and other skills too.
Like razor doesn't activate, mage's heal doesn't heal mana or warrior's heal doesn't give shield... sometimes happens. Idk why tho. I believe dev know this.. (don't know why it is not fixed tho)

And try to throw it first somewhere(out of battle) before fight, not when you need. (If your tank is smart, he will give you shield after you do this and before you need them.) That way you and all your party can use them as needed while throwing all attacks.
I use this almost every 10 sec to stack up, (especially in elite when no mage or only one tank) because It will save their life and myself a lot and save some gold from spamming health pots. I have to use mana pots for this, but mana pots are way cheaper than health pots, so I like this play style.

And if it's urgent, like Bbnc said face wall and throw. It will help sometimes.

Hope this help.

Bbnc
04-10-2013, 08:56 AM

ohh i have never experienced that before.. can't tell anything , sorry.

wvhills
04-10-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't mind the way our packs work, in fact I kind of like that it's not an instant heal. This way I can charge the skill and put down 3 packs then go pick them up one at a time. With 40% heal and 3 packs they heal more than 100% health that way by spreading them out. Like others have mentioned, what really bugs me is that they don't work all the time. That bug needs fixed.

vholt
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Combat Medic is actually fine the way it is. I'm fine with letting my teammates picking them up, because at least i'm helping them, especially if it is a warrior who needs to buy a couple seconds until he can buff me and him with 2 sec. Invulnerability and heal in the end. Also i find the upgrade that casts a self-heal extremely useful. What i do is not cast the pack before hand but rather wait till my hp is considerably low and then charge the skill. The self-heal is just enough to keep me alive to find, and then run to a pack, and once i get my packs, it's happy days :o

Soundlesskill
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
I do that.. Works 1-4 times

Theholyangel
04-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Packs don't have anything to fix, all classes have their ups and downs, and when u fight a rogue, they run laps around and to their packs. As WV said, one set of packs can heal over 100% of your life, mage heal doesnt heal 100%, neither does warrior. If anything, i believe that packs should be nerfed...

lovestriker
04-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Packs don't have anything to fix, all classes have their ups and downs, and when u fight a rogue, they run laps around and to their packs. As WV said, one set of packs can heal over 100% of your life, mage heal doesnt heal 100%, neither does warrior. If anything, i believe that packs should be nerfed...

I don't think they should be nerfed. It's true that you could heal over 100% of life. But you have to pick up all the packs first (Like picking up an item, which I believe, has some delay). It's hard to do if you are facing an opponent with stun/slow/root/etc. Plus sometimes, it spawns far away from you.
Class heal skills all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Mage heals considerably lower than a set of packs but adds heal for mana.
Same with warrior but a set of buffs come along with the skill. I think they also deal the highest heal over time.

SkyDagger
04-23-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't think they should be nerfed. It's true that you could heal over 100% of life. But you have to pick up all the packs first (Like picking up an item, which I believe, has some delay). It's hard to do if you are facing an opponent with stun/slow/root/etc. Plus sometimes, it spawns far away from you.

Same with warrior but a set of buffs come along with the skill. I think they also deal the highest heal over time.

add this up warriors heal have 2 second invulnerabilty.

so i think nerfing the medic packs of a rogue isn't good. Like other says All class have PRO and CONS on their skills.

lovestriker
04-23-2013, 12:29 AM
add this up warriors heal have 2 second invulnerabilty.

Hai Sky. Yupss. I was too lazy to specify what kind of buff(s). :P

Temarichan
04-23-2013, 10:13 PM
I agree with your statement. Sometimes medic packs are placed far away from you, and when you run over to pick one up to regain health, your killed during the process. But the pro of these packs is that they heal your more than 50% of your health per pack. :)
So instant heal. Rogues, Warriors, and Sorcerers have their pros and cons.

Syylent
04-24-2013, 10:09 AM

Run some numbers...

At level 21 a warrior that casts HoR will regen say 250-300 points per tick. HoR last 5 - 6 ticks (Its been awhile since I have checked). That is 1250-1500 low end and 1500-1800 high end. Now that is per person if you max it at 5 people then yes it blows any other heal out of the ground. I am ignoring the bubble as I will ignore the HoT and the Self Heal that you upgrade packs to.

At level 21 my rogue had 1800-2000 health. Lets use 1800. If packs are used correctly by the rogue. 40% times 1800 is 720 health times 3 packs is 2,160 health. At 2000 health is is 800 and 2400.

Sorcs heal I won't comment on. It isn't anywhere close to these but still is helpful.

Do the math.. pound for pound packs are the best heal in the game bar none.

Nerf worthy or not? Compared to nerfs to the warrior class for having too much tankability and too much damage... the same could be said about the packs - considering AS Dodge and packs... I would even say more a case could be made.

Oh snap.. I forgot they nerfed the % not to long ago. It is actually 30% instead of the 40% (prior is 25% +15%) unless wording is wrong. So do the math at 30%.. So we got 1620 low end....1800 high end.. Of course the more health you give your rogue the better the heal.

grrr sorry.... been awhile for me and my rogue.... that may be a song? close... me and my arrow.

lovestriker
04-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Run some numbers...

At level 21 a warrior that casts HoR will regen say 250-300 points per tick. HoR last 5 - 6 ticks (Its been awhile since I have checked). That is 1250-1500 low end and 1500-1800 high end. Now that is per person if you max it at 5 people then yes it blows any other heal out of the ground. I am ignoring the bubble as I will ignore the HoT and the Self Heal that you upgrade packs to.

At level 21 my rogue had 1800-2000 health. Lets use 1800. If packs are used correctly by the rogue. 40% times 1800 is 720 health times 3 packs is 2,160 health. At 2000 health is is 800 and 2400.

Sorcs heal I won't comment on. It isn't anywhere close to these but still is helpful.

Do the math.. pound for pound packs are the best heal in the game bar none.

Nerf worthy or not? Compared to nerfs to the warrior class for having too much tankability and too much damage... the same could be said about the packs - considering AS Dodge and packs... I would even say more a case could be made.

Oh snap.. I forgot they nerfed the % not to long ago. It is actually 30% instead of the 40% (prior is 25% +15%) unless wording is wrong. So do the math at 30%.. So we got 1620 low end....1800 high end.. Of course the more health you give your rogue the better the heal.

grrr sorry.... been awhile for me and my rogue.... that may be a song? close... me and my arrow.

I know my numbers, and I still dont think they should be nerfed.

Thank you for taking the time to compute! :)

EDIT: And yeah they have nerfed it before. I don't think they should do it again. :)

Syylent
04-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I know my numbers, and I still dont think they should be nerfed.

Thank you for taking the time to compute! :)

EDIT: And yeah they have nerfed it before. I don't think they should do it again. :)

Yeah forgot about the nerf. Wasn't sure if was fixing a typo or what.

I didn't think warriors damage should have been nerfed either. They took a sledge hammer to it and hit it a few more times for good measure. Then they decided to nerf VB and throw in a few more warrior nerfs for good measure. It was very painful. One good thing they did do was up the damage on axe throw... personally it still needs more oooomph to it.

As far as rogues go... the are the top of the food chain... packs help them greatly there.. I am 50/50 whether it is too much or not. With the amount of damage a rogue can put out with one shot... they shouldn't have the best heal in game either. Not to mention self heal and hot. I won't even get into the amount stuns they have now. I have to admit I love kiting warriors on my rogue who has crap gear... they get mad because I don't sit there and let them wm on me... then they die or the rest of their team hits me. Kinda funny.

Still rogues are over the top.