PDA

View Full Version : Crush the keeper(how to kill the boss quickly)

Drewl90
10-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi guys i came across something today and it was really fascinating how it worked. This is a post about how the team can kill the keeper quickly and efficiently without spending too much money on pots.

Step 1: Organize the team - Appoint one tanker. The rest will do damage

Step 2: The tanker must buy a tank pot

Step 3: Tanker goes in first to receive aggro from the boss. The tanker is now targeted.

Step 4: The other group members now come in to help out. This is particularly important because the group members need to push the keeper to a wall/corner.(this method will fail without doing so)

Step 5: Tanker will need to move just a bit out of range of the keeper in order to allow the keeper to maintain targeting. The tanker does not need to get hit by the keeper, but NEEDS TO STAY IN CLOSE RANGE(being able to see him)

Step 6: Other group members do damage on the keeper.

AND VOILA! in less then 2/3 minutes you will have defeated the keeper without having too much hassle. Remember that teamwork and communication is key. All the best!

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/a1405c71.jpg
In this case, I'm the tanker.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/dece9215.jpg
Communication is key: i was supposed to go first, but that talon warrior didn't listen, so we ended up all dying. EPIC FAIL. Lol

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/6b3fbef8.jpg
We came around and pushed him against a wall. Everything was going smoothly..

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/e0c6949c.jpg
We Even pushed him to a corner!

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/86fb188a.jpg
But then one of the warriors kept pulling the keeper to him and pushing him AWAY from the wall. -.-

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/68411cf1.jpg
Then we started complaining about how hard ao3 was :)

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/6853035a.jpg
Then we finally did it. Hooray!

If you noticed, I only bought a tanker pot in the beginning. nobody else bought one :) saving money ftw!

BTWs
1. The tank must never go next to other group members. if he does so, other group members will be pushed back as well.
2. Kill a few aliens so the keeper can take maximum damage
3. Obviously this strategy requires a good mix of characters. imo, 1 paladin, 2 warriors, 1 archer, and 1 enchantress
4. This strategy works because the keeper will target ONLY the tanker. So the keeper will only shoot into empty space.

PS: if there are any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

*EDIT*
take a look at this photo folks! :). this was done in victory lap.. we all lined up to take a picture! can u do the same? :P
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/drewagassi/50ff5aba.jpg
''HI MUM! :D''

danieltan
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
hey it really works! i killed the keeper with 2 mages, 2 warriors and 1 pally in one minute 30seconds! awesome stuff!

Drewl90
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
lol can't believe u timed it. but nice time. :)

Azrael
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Accurate. kudos.

TwinkTastical
10-05-2010, 10:46 AM
good idea, maybe the last pic will be a spacesuit for me?

Drewl90
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
good idea, maybe the last pic will be a spacesuit for me?

haha well i hope you get one :P! This boss gives really sad items though. Although i do believe that the lousier the items the final boss gives, the rarer the good ones are from him. :D

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Wish I would've seen this earlier. We all died many deaths and I burned more mana pots in a single go than ever before (mage). And we still didn't manage to kill the @*@!((#@.

Drewl90
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
hehe glad it helped!

- remember the deadwiz strat. ;)

RedRyder
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
i confirm that this strategy works ;)

jonboy
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Last night I saw another good strat, where the tank gets in a corner and hold aggro, everyone else attacks the keeper from behind. No problem,

Drewl90
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Haha yeah it's pretty much the same thing. I just stay further away so I won't need to heal every now and again..
Also, sometimes, the team takes too long and the tank will lose his armor. Usually the tank dies after that, and everyone after him.

So I prefer to stay large distances away from the keeper.

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Nice one mate! Two Thumbs Up for this thread! xD
This boss drops all types of Staves, a Dark Matter staff of Thoth droped for my Pal.

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 01:44 AM
But i dont think this tactic works for Gurgox and THE GALACTIC OVERLORD though..

Riccits
10-06-2010, 05:07 AM
what i dont understand how u could kill him in such a less time... the tactic is right good but the only problem i had with this boss is his mana shield... with the shield on, we coudnt damage him...? at overlord u have the barrles to remove shield but her...?

i was every time "the tanker", the other doodes i played with didnt buy pots, but they died after some time... what did i do wrong?

when the keeper attacks me as "the tanker" i coudnt move anymore... so i dunno how to push him some way...

Drewl90
10-06-2010, 05:41 AM
what i dont understand how u could kill him in such a less time... the tactic is right good but the only problem i had with this boss is his mana shield... with the shield on, we coudnt damage him...? at overlord u have the barrles to remove shield but her...?

i was every time "the tanker", the other doodes i played with didnt buy pots, but they died after some time... what did i do wrong?

when the keeper attacks me as "the tanker" i coudnt move anymore... so i dunno how to push him some way...

usually what i try to tell people when i'm helping them out(and to get items ;P), is that they should just use their "push back" skills when they pinned the boss down to the wall. For example, repulse shot or fireblast. When shield is down and damage is ready to be done on him, get everybody to do their own individual combos on the boss. that way you can maximize damage.

the reason why they died, is because either
1. you aren't close enough to the boss for him to target you
2. you walked in next to your group members, allowing the boss to "find" you, and use his aoe spell which damages ur teammates as well.*ouch

as a tanker, what you should do is get his attention, then quickly run somewhere to the sides or away from him. (what i do is that i go somewhere behind the 2 black holes in the middle)

hope that helped!

Drewl90
10-06-2010, 05:43 AM
But i dont think this tactic works for Gurgox and THE GALACTIC OVERLORD though..

thanks man. :) appreciate the encouragement.
haha but yeah there's another thread on the galactic overlord at the bottom. Gurgox is pretty simple. but i'm busy now and i'll reply you later. :)

Drewl90
10-06-2010, 04:23 PM
i just feel like this needs to be bumped to help people finish this boss.

Saucee
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Will this work now that aggro mgmt has been fixed in the latest patch? Pls confirm/deny.

Saucee
10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Last night I saw another good strat, where the tank gets in a corner and hold aggro, everyone else attacks the keeper from behind. No problem,

This is how I'm accustomed to doing it. Works well, plus the tank can contribute a little dps...

Drewl90
10-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm afraid I'm not sure. I have a feeling that it will be affected =\

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Hey Drewl, whats the Link to the Tactics of Killing Gurgox?

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't think there's any link. Its quite simple really.

You hear him growl, pick up a green orb. Lol. U must time it right though.

Riccits
10-07-2010, 05:37 AM
whats the funktion of the green orb?.. and the other ones..?

Ellyidol
10-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Did they fix this with the new update? I've tried tanking it via the empty space but it now manages to turn around and still find you. Unless those were some flukes when I was trying to tank it.

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 06:44 AM
i'm not sure whether it still works. devs must have seen my post. :( lol.

haven't tried it, but i think it may still work. i have a feeling that bosses don't like enchantresses most. lol

Dr.R
10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey drewl, any mynas trick?

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 10:24 AM
lol mynas hits pretty painfully so all i can say is get a couple of paladins to keep healing and to keep using WEAKNESS

been going on quite a few boss runs recently with mynas and seriously all i can say is that weakness is a real damage crusher. less heals needed.(although it still needs to be spammed. :P)

Futumsh
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
The aggro management fix shouldn't affect this at all, unless your tank wasn't actually holding aggro.

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 10:50 AM
The aggro management fix shouldn't affect this at all, unless your tank wasn't actually holding aggro.

oh wow that was scary. never had a dev comment on my post before. lol.
but good to hear that the fix wouldn't affect this. :)

will the development team fix it though? this boss is a bit too tough.

Jownz
10-07-2010, 10:53 AM
u got very gay loot from the keeper lol

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
lol i got my loot from mynas man.

not sure whether the keeper gives anything good. lol

starjaya
10-07-2010, 11:26 AM
yup,god strategy.....hehehehe :)

Fyrce
10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
If you or your team has trouble holding him in a corner, run around the voids in the room for a bit. The tanker pot, for me, is more for positioning the Keeper. Once he's positioned, with you on the other (short) side of a Void, if he's not cornered, it doesn't matter if your pot runs out. If another gets aggro, which they shouldn't but if they do, make sure they know to run around Voids until they reposition him. Except maybe for mages, he is survivable for positioning and/or knock back even without a Tanker pot. So don't always use money as a first solution.

Azrael
10-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Well this is a half truth.

Since the player with agro has to stay away from the mob once that player gets agro or get hit by the knock back, that player will inevitably lose agro on the keeper. Basicly there needs to be 2 dedicated tanks, or just make sure players know to stand away once they are getting hit by the knock back fireball.

The aggro fix completely changes this boss encounter, however the boss is still able to be defeated through team work. I like putting the keeper against a wall, and having the team split on either side of him so that only one side is being affected by knockback.

Drewl90
10-08-2010, 04:25 AM
It is official. This does not work anymore. :)
Maybe I should keep things to myself :p

CanonicalKoi
10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
i have a feeling that bosses don't like enchantresses most. lol

(groans painfully) Yeah. I know about the whole "Keeper hates mages" thing. Two groups have had something that works well. One is to get the Keeper on the bridge with the person he's aggro-locked on on the other side of a void. That person takes no damage since you can't shoot over the voids. The rest of the group gets on either end of the bridge and smacks him. This works as long as you don't move him!!! Don't Stomp, Firestorm or exploding arrow him. If he moves too far, he loses lock and whoever's closest to him will be his next target. The other was a brave (and smart!) avian (who's name I don't recall--sorry!) who went out of the room and stood just out of sight behind one of the door-frames. The Keeper stood just inside the door, focused on him, couldn't shoot him because he didn't have a visual and everybody else could fire at will--again, as long as you didn't move him out of position. So even with the changes, tactics will still win.

Snakespeare
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
It does work. I have done it four times since the aggro fix. Sorry to contradict you, but it does work still.

But maybe I did a variation... let's see...

1. kills adds
2. everyone else wait 15 seconds outside
3. tank drinks tank pot and goes in to get aggro (must taunt, beckon, roar, every time those skills recharge)
4. everyone else kills him FROM BEHIND
5. Sometimes the tank loses aggro, but fresh taunting brings it back, and then mages may need to rev people...

It doesn't work if you go over and stand by the tank.
There's no need to corner him.

As long as you can keep him fixated on a tank with tanker's ale who spams evade and iron blood, he's killable, but not if only two people attack and the others stand around with their hands in their pockets.

Thanks for the post.

I got level 48 Mynas Helm, several level 48 purples from the Keeper. King Minos dropped a level 50 Kafra helm today. Even the Alien Lorekeeper dropped a level 50 bow the other day for me. So yeah, maybe the Keeper's loot is useless liquidation fodder.

Dr.R
10-08-2010, 11:22 AM
lol i got my loot from mynas man.

not sure whether the keeper gives anything good. lol

You can get lots of void stufff!

Drewl90
10-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks canonica. I'll be sure to try that out sometime. :)

@snakespeare: haha yeah I didn't say that wen can't kill the keeper now, but I said that my tactic doesn't work anymore :). Thanks for the input! I'm still trying to figure out something special for this guy. Been to busy farming mynas. Lol

@dr.r: haha yeah found that out already. Wish I had gone on more keeper raids while I had the tactic

gwippy
10-20-2010, 05:07 AM
for those who still need help

King Kamehameha
10-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Lol I've met bloodysunday before