PDA

View Full Version : Soloing wt4

Bernocs
03-30-2013, 09:23 PM
I was just wondering what type of build/equips would be best for soloing wt4 as quickly as possible thanks!

Excuses
03-31-2013, 01:07 AM
I would say fire, time, ice, and lifegiver(if you don't mind using pots, then shield).

But if you go there for leveling, you want to have party because you get more exp for that..

JaytB
03-31-2013, 01:24 AM
I'd say fire, ice, light, time would give you the highest (skill) damage output possible (according to CosmoxKramer's dmg calculator and own timed runs).

Don't look at your DPS but mainly use gear that adds more to your damage stat. Max dmg stats/build means lower survivability, so you'll have to find your compromise in that.

As for gear, it depends on how much you're willing to spend and personal preference.

Bernocs
03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
At the moment I'm using firesquid of force with sealord wrapping of security and blood hammer cowl of security, I'm finding that I'm getting through alright with fire, time, lightning, and life... Should I give up one for ice?

JaytB
03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
At the moment I'm using firesquid of force with sealord wrapping of security and blood hammer cowl of security, I'm finding that I'm getting through alright with fire, time, lightning, and life... Should I give up one for ice?

You're probably using it for PvP seeing that you're using life. I only PvE, so don't really know what works in PvP.

If it would be a pure PvE build, I would get rid of life and spec in ice. Ice has some crowd control properties and a very low (3sec) cd, meaning fire-ice-light can almost be spammed non stop, with the occasional time-skill in between. Personally, I don't see the use of life in PvE. It draws a lot of agro and people can just use health/mana pots to survive.

Bernocs
03-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks I will try that out now!:D

JaytB
03-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks I will try that out now!:D

I usually run towards mobs with a charged fireball (to dmg them, use ignite and knock them down), this gives you a moment to charge time (for AOE dot) and drop that clock without getting hit too much.

Ice and lightning can be fired without charging. Charging ice has a 'chance' to stun and dmg multiple enemies though (with the appropriate sub skill), but I personally try and keep charging to a minimum, so I can squeeze in some more normal weapon attacks.

Fastest seems, skill-wep att-skill-wep att...

As for the weapon, I'd strongly recommend giving the cheap oracle guns a try. Your dps will suffer, but your skill dmg will be way higher. It are mainly your skills that whipe out enemies quick so optimizing skill dmg should be a priority over maximizing your dps.

I'll paste a link below in a bit, to a topic I made a while back. It's basically a comparison of DPS vs damage focussed on sorcerers. There are a lot of useful tips in the comments too, so I'd suggest giving it a read through :)

Edit: here's the link...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=88373