PDA

View Full Version : Boop! Out of the game

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm using a 64 gig WiFi iPad. Yesterday it happened while nearing the end of level1 in AO3. We were fighting the boss and suddenly I'm looking at my iPad menu--totally out of the game. This morning it happened during the last boss fighting the next-to-last level of AO2--boop! I'm looking at the iPad menu again. The way I hold it my fingers aren't near the menu button. I just got done restarting from a total shut-down thinking it might be a cache problem.

Snakespeare
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
yes, this morning. I was in map 1. It just shut down.

vulgarstrike
10-05-2010, 12:03 PM
i dunnno, but i keep randomly spiking and disconnecting; never happenedbefore

FluffNStuff
10-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I have gotten both pycho spikes and the menu of death on the iPad.

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Yesterday was the first time I had this problem. Lots of "high-running ping o' death" problems and problems with my ISP deciding I really didn't need connectivity at that exact moment, but a first for total game loss. The worst part (which is my own fault for not selling/giving away stuff more quickly) is hurrying to get the game restarted, log in, try to join and get the jolly "We're sorry. You have too much crap to go anywhere." message. Arrrrggghhh!

Trollpackan
10-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes this happend to me as well yesterday, map 1 right after we killed the first boss. Jumped right out to the iPhone menu. I had no problem with ping or wi-fi connection at that time.
Good thing is that it hasn't happend since.

asommers
10-05-2010, 01:33 PM
We'll check iTunes for recent crash logs. If you can help us find a way to reproduce the problem, that would go a long way.

-ALS

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Hmmmm....not too helpful, I know. First time, working on the boss in the pyramid area of AO3, level 1. The boss may have died right at the moment I got shoved, but it didn't seem to happen to anyone else in the party. This morning was the next to last level of AO2 and we were working on the last alien boss of the level. Same thing--one second I'm there casting heal and boop! Again, far as I know, I was the only one. The only thing in common was it was the final boss of the level both times, once in AO3 and once in AO2 and both were after the last update yesterday. Since doing a full-restart I haven't had it happen again (crossed fingers!). I'll see what happens. I didn't get an error or a "report" message either time, just instant game to menu.

asommers
10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Going instantly to the home screen is a crash for one of two reasons, either the OS killed the application for using too much memory (which a restart generally helps with), or there is a bug in the client that needs to be fixed. In any case, finding a reproducible case will allow us to fix it. We have tried at length to reproduce this internally with no success.

-ALS

Kingslaya
10-05-2010, 07:04 PM
thanks asommers. yea i had the same problem as well just like a minute ago really lol. first lvl of Ao3

setec
10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
What iPad iOS version are you running?