PDA

View Full Version : Warrior: True Melee Class or just a Mana Spammer?

rivet
03-31-2013, 12:59 AM
I've played numerous games and played as warriors.

IMHO, this is the only game where a Warrior relies on mana and not
his true basic attack. In other games, warriors are relentless and can string
Nice combinations.

The way he wields his Sword, looks amateurish. When I was starting, VB is great. Take that greatness away and keep the Amateurish attack, I'll go for mage!

JaytB
03-31-2013, 01:14 AM
You think warriors' mana is bad? Try a rogue. I burned through nearly 5000 mana pots in 3 days of heavy elite farming and leveling a pet (with nothing to show for, except 2 elite silver chests lol).

I play warrior (lv25 with top gear) and PvE spec too for elite runs, and just use some mana pots but many more health pots (using AT, Swirl, VB, HoR. AT, Swirl, HoR with taunt skill).

The cheapest class to play currently seems to be a mage. I play a lv26 mage in top gear too and it's by far the least 'pot-heavy' class out there. They're just so darn squishy.

rivet
03-31-2013, 01:33 AM
You think warriors' mana is bad? Try a rogue. I burned through nearly 5000 mana pots in 3 days of heavy elite farming and leveling a pet (with nothing to show for, except 2 elite silver chests lol).

I play warrior (lv25 with top gear) and PvE spec too for elite runs, and just use some mana pots but many more health pots (using AT, Swirl, VB, HoR. AT, Swirl, HoR with taunt skill).

The cheapest class to play currently seems to be a mage. I play a lv26 mage in top gear too and it's by far the least 'pot-heavy' class out there. They're just so darn squishy.

I agree, I have a rogue too, but mana hungry!

Can you map solo wt4 with a Rogue smoothly than a mage?

Since we're at warrior discussion, I just can't help giving my honest thoughts about
How I see the warrior's basic attack.

JaytB
03-31-2013, 01:57 AM
I agree, I have a rogue too, but mana hungry!

Can you map solo wt4 with a Rogue smoothly than a mage?

Since we're at warrior discussion, I just can't help giving my honest thoughts about
How I see the warrior's basic attack.

I guess it depends on your build. Rogues can be specced to deal some serious AOE dmg and a little crowd control (trap with net) too. The problem, as I see it, is that a good wt rogue build isn't necessarily the best all-round or elite-runs build.

If compared to a mage, a mage can IMO be specced with 1 build both good for wt and elite-runs

I haven't tested or ran wt4 enough to say which class is fastest. It sure isn't a warrior though lol.

Going back on topic, I haven't played that many MMO'S before. The only ones (except for AL) are PL and O&C and in both, at low levels, mana pots are a must for all classes including warriors.

Bless
03-31-2013, 02:41 AM
Warriors almost never run out of mana in Pvp with vengeful blood. Unfair that one class can spam skills endlessly without ever needing to run out of mana. I Pvp at L16 so this is my aspect of it, rogues run out of mana in 6-7 hits, mages don't need to worry about mana much however they still easily run out of mana vs a warrior.

Wowsome
03-31-2013, 10:09 AM
my 26 warrior has 900 mana unbuffed. with vb, i very rarely need to pot mana in elite runs .. maybe when i mistime or misplace skills. "spamming" mana? no.

Excuses
04-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Warriors almost never run out of mana in Pvp with vengeful blood. Unfair that one class can spam skills endlessly without ever needing to run out of mana. I Pvp at L16 so this is my aspect of it, rogues run out of mana in 6-7 hits, mages don't need to worry about mana much however they still easily run out of mana vs a warrior.

I play mage too, but I don't really run out of mana, even so, I can heal my self.
And as a warrior, they don't use mana as much as other class because their skill cool down is longer than other classes.
And both mage and warrior do run out of mana when they are alone, but have to fight for long time.

On the other hand, rogue can do only 5-6 skills with their mana, but dmg output is much much more than other class. So it would be fair disadvantage for rogue not to have endless mana.
(Then how about saying it's unfair because rogue has so high dmg. Sounds same for me.)

And right now pvp is team play. Rogue dmg, mage heal mana and stun and warrior get dmg and heal with shield...each class has their role.

Zanpakuto
04-02-2013, 01:52 AM
I don't use vb anymore since they nerfed it. I go all 3 attacks and it feels like I'm doing combos. Have a mage handy or mana regen pets. Definitely get the mana regen for SS

Helicopter
04-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Well,Heres my opinion

Having High Mana on a Warrior is a little useless now as Warriors have A lot of mana but using that mana is pretty useless cuz Warriors dont deal much DMG in PvP anymore.

Sorcerers,OP cuz theyve got HIGH Mana and HIGH DMG Dealing attacks.

Rogues,Not too much Mana,OP Skills

rivet
04-03-2013, 06:13 AM
I still prefer all-str build for warrior. If I want some dex, I just switch into my shipmaster gears.

There is no need to put some points into Int unless another character class requires it.

Going back to topic, I prefer games that focuses on attacking rather than pot spamming.

inkredible
04-03-2013, 04:07 PM
my 26 warrior has 900 mana unbuffed. with vb, i very rarely need to pot mana in elite runs .. maybe when i mistime or misplace skills. "spamming" mana? no.

i rearly spam mana either, prob cuz im usually with a mage, but either way when i solo i dont use that much mana either

Wowsome
04-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Having High Mana on a Warrior is a little useless now as Warriors have A lot of mana but using that mana is pretty useless cuz Warriors dont deal much DMG in PvP anymore.

dont u need mana for buffs too? and u need to attack (hence use mana) so that mana is returned back :p

also, warriors are not meant to deal high dmg either.

I still prefer all-str build for warrior. If I want some dex, I just switch into my shipmaster gears.

There is no need to put some points into Int unless another character class requires it.

i too am pure str. my int comes from gears .. they are high str medium int.