PDA

View Full Version : Linking In-Game Character(s) to Forum Account

Kazillo
03-31-2013, 01:07 PM
It think it would be a great idea to implement an optional feature of linking your In-Game Character(s) to your Forum Account. So, if you inspected someone's character in-game it would show their Forum reputation and such. You could also be able to customize this feature to your liking such as only allowing it to show your forum groups and reputation etc. Doubt this will ever happen but it's a cool idea.

Recent Ideas: It's sometimes a pain trying to manage your trades in the forum with the trades in-game. So when your forum account is linked (with good security) with your in-game account you can manage your trades through the forum, and vice-versa. If your offering a trade through the forum market, the buyer can buy the item straight through the forum. Also you would be able to accept people's offers right through your trading thread. Another thing is that when you browse the users profile on the forum, it would show their past and current trading offers, past obliviously being optional. Now I understand achieving these recent suggestions would be quite a feat but I'm just trying to push out some new ideas that popped into me head.

I bumped this thread because I had these "recent" new ideas and I didn't want to re-create this thread from scratch or duplicate it. Yes I realize this is an old thread, sorry if bumping it angers anybody. :)

Lalarie
03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Good idea dude, never thought of that!

Iphoneington
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Hey good idea, I agree with this 100%. What this could do is help everyone out and make it a lot easier for us to link together out forums accounts along with our IGN toons. :)

JaytB
03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
I like the idea.

Mysticaleagle
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Lovely idea. Also, a function where you can see the in-game character from the forum member. Like, if I click your name on forums, I can also view your inspect page from in-game. Not sure you stated that? Anyways, +1 to you buddy.

CrimsonTider
03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
If someone hacked your forum account, then they would have access to your game log-in. No bueno.

Lady_Pebbles
03-31-2013, 04:42 PM
If someone hacked your forum account, then they would have access to your game log-in. No bueno.
Only if you use the same email for both & give your passwords away. Still, would be nice to have this fearure implemented.

CrimsonTider
03-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Only if you use the same email for both & give your passwords away. Still, would be nice to have this fearure implemented.

How else would they link if it weren't the same email? And website hacking is much different than hacking a game login.

Mysticaleagle
03-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Anyways. Nice suggestion.
Would be awesome to see that feature, but with a GOOD security. :p

Lady_Pebbles
03-31-2013, 06:23 PM

How else would they link if it weren't the same email? And website hacking is much different than hacking a game login.

The support team can link the accounts on their end. By you submitting an email to the support team from both emails stating they are both yours. Once its verified then the info you placed in the system will be displayed.

Alhuntrazeck
04-02-2013, 07:59 AM
sounds awesome n shud be implemented

P.S.: i only posted this to bump the thread ;) Need a mod/dev to look

Kazillo
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm glad everyone likes my idea :)

Kazillo
09-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Bump. I'm bumping this thread because I had these "recent" new ideas and I didn't want to re-create this thread from scratch or duplicate it. Sorry if this bump angers anybody.

Soundlesskill
09-24-2013, 02:52 AM
I like being Soundlesskill tho, it was my first name after all