PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Piercer

SkullCrusher
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey guys, Skull here and today while making my new twink rogue, I came upon a important decision.
Shadow Piercer or Medic Packs?
As we all know, shadow piercer has a 75% chance to restore 10% of your health, so then I started to think...
Should I get Shadow Piercer to do massive damage and heal at the same time or go for medic packs?
Most people would suggest medic packs, but then again..why use medic packs when you have razor shield with 20% dodge, nox bolt with tons of poisinous damage and aimed shot which can crit up to 70% of your health at level 10 or so. So, should I go for Shadow Piercer and dish out as much damage as possible as fast as I can, or go for survivability? Thanks :)
-Skull out.

Tavya
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
I prefer Shadow Piercer over med packs. I have it at 3/5 to hit 3 enemies with charge. PvE only though. Med packs might be more useful in PvP.

Iphoneington
03-31-2013, 02:53 PM
I prefer Shadow Piercer over med packs. I have it at 3/5 to hit 3 enemies with charge. PvE only though. Med packs might be more useful in PvP. Agreed

SkullCrusher
03-31-2013, 04:58 PM
When upgraded shadow piercer can dish out tons of damage AND heal 30%, but the problem is...it only heals 30% when hitting 3 enemies, this is only good if you are in big CTF group fights because you get 10% per hit up to 3 hits. If it's 1v1, even with the upgrade it's only 10% heal. I'm still thinking about it. :) Thanks for the comment though!
-Skull.

Excuses
03-31-2013, 11:11 PM
When upgraded shadow piercer can dish out tons of damage AND heal 30%, but the problem is...it only heals 30% when hitting 3 enemies, this is only good if you are in big CTF group fights because you get 10% per hit up to 3 hits. If it's 1v1, even with the upgrade it's only 10% heal. I'm still thinking about it. :) Thanks for the comment though!
-Skull.

And piercer's healing is not guaranteed. It has 75% chance which is good, but not always gives 30% of your health back.

But you have to pick up packs as they are randomly thrown which sometimes give you no chance against fast massive attack. (You need high health to bear opponent's attack to pick it up)

Pros & cons.
It's totally up to you... so many combinations are for rogues.

SkullCrusher
03-31-2013, 11:25 PM
@mstj Very true, I am thinking about picking medic packs over shadow piercer at this point because in a 1v1 situation in my opinion would be a much more suitable choice, thanks for the thoughts though budd, I appreciate it! :)

Cowflab
04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
@mstj Very true, I am thinking about picking medic packs over shadow piercer at this point because in a 1v1 situation in my opinion would be a much more suitable choice, thanks for the thoughts though budd, I appreciate it! :)

I use both in a solo grinding build. That with razors and maxxed out aimed shot. As long as you dont over extend youre pretty much invincible.

Excuses
04-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Actually I use both too. =)
With As and nox.

Dervy
04-02-2013, 06:06 AM
imo heal packs are very useful in pvp coz u nid to survive there... but for me in pve its a very dffrent approach.. coz in pve u cud just spam potions.. eitherways in pvp i dnt hve heal packs coz im on pve build.. :) so my suggestion wud be.. ur call :)

ishyrionek
04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Delete nox, razor.
Aim 5, shadow 2 with healing, medics + passives.

Excuses
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
If you wants to do elite or pve with dps then razor is the best skill you have. And even pvp now(kind of) when warrior has AT and pull close, razor deal a lot of dmg.

I have nox in stead of razor because I use bow for pvp. So throw packs, AS and nox and pick up pack as needed, and when I use them all, As+nox+Piercer, then another pack if needed. Usually works if I don't die before I pick up the first pack or warrior knows how to use their axe well.
I wanted have vail in stead of piercer, but then it's too hard in pve with as and nox only and piercer's heal save me a lot of health pot(mana pot is much cheaper.. you know.).

Like I said, there are so many combinations for rogue.. it's just up to you. Good luck!

nelson131
04-04-2013, 10:45 PM
As my build, mainly pve i use both sp and combat medic for highest chance to survive. sp with the heal skill is really good when clearing large groups of mobs. as a full dex one it good to dish out some decent damage and heal at the same time. for combat medic, i usually use it at boss fights if u don't want to spend a great deal of money for potions to heal yourself quickly after a massive hit or to heal the tank.
for pvp, shadow piecer is to move faster and combat medic is really good a supporting and healing yourself.