PDA

View Full Version : Pro PVP guide

Scissorhands
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Scissorhands’ Pro PvP Guide

Finding opponents
1st challenge is locating an enemy to do this you need to have the minimap activated. You will notice that it shows switches, team mates, center map zombies (CTF) and map layout. These are what will help you find an opponent. The center map zombies follow any and all players and show up as red triangles on the map in capture the flag matches. Watch these triangles as they give away enemy positions if they have traveled through the center. Switches show up as white triangles near windows and bases while ready to use and disappear when activated if you don’t see a team mate near an activated switch it was hit by and opponent. Team mates can also help you if you watch the map, your team’s health bars and the who-killed-who posts if you see a team mate get killed a white triangle on the map will disappear, move towards the place that they fell in battle because the opponent may still be near. This may help you find or avoid enemies whichever you are trying to do.
Killing
After finding the enemies you need to kill them to do this use your all ranged powers (I recommend that you use these) keeping your distance until you have no more of these then use close quarters powers if they aren’t dead at this point then toss in a few melee attacks followed by any powers that have become available to finish them off. My personal preferred pattern is (keeping mind that I’m lvl5) charged Fatal Burst > charged Hellblades > tapped Unholy Force > melee > Fatal Burst > Hellblades this pattern has been very effective I realize that most players are higher lvl so substitute your preferred powers. Using a power that has a knock-down or root effect will benefit you greatly.

Flag Carrying (CTF only)
Flag carrying requires different skill than killing. Since the flag drains health when you are carrying it avoid enemies unless you can handle it or there is a heart within sight, you can use Shadow Dance to go faster but use wisely for it may take you closer to opponents. Collect hearts whenever possible don’t ever bother to collect a speed boost since it doesn’t help at all and will better benefit team mates that are guarding you. Don’t try to take the flag unless you have backup, chances are that you will die and enemy flag will be regained and that doesn’t help at all.

If you would like to add something or I have forgotten something please let me know.

matheusviiga
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
very good!
will greatly assist

Contravention
12-14-2013, 08:42 PM
As long as you have good support flagging ain't a problem :D