View Full Version : How come never any warriors doing PvP????

Energizeric
04-01-2013, 01:18 AM
I kid!!!!!!!

Seems like every game is all warriors, 3+ on each team, with an occasional rogue or sorcerer there as well. The fights become like a big stampede and basically is boring with no strategy or skill. Warriors just keep swinging and everyone else who is not a warrior dies really fast. I try to stay on the outside and cast my long range skills, but it doesn't work. When you have a bunch of warriors that keep healing each other, nobody ever dies.

I was in one game today that went on for about 5+ minutes before a single kill was recorded.

inkredible
04-01-2013, 01:30 AM
LOL like when you were with us team? that was crazyyyy lmao, well i started the game with just me maday..
so i called u then two other warrios, cuz there was three warriors on the other team lol

edited: but ya ur right, i could last a long time with two warriors on me, probably never ending unles i mess up with my healing or i get stunned right after another
three warriors on me takes awhile too, but faster obs

maybe what they should do is lower the health increase the damage...
AKA.. lets all be rogues. LOLOLOL (sarcasm)

bluotaku
04-01-2013, 02:29 AM
I kid!!!!!!!

Seems like every game is all warriors, 3+ on each team, with an occasional rogue or sorcerer there as well. The fights become like a big stampede and basically is boring with no strategy or skill. Warriors just keep swinging and everyone else who is not a warrior dies really fast. I try to stay on the outside and cast my long range skills, but it doesn't work. When you have a bunch of warriors that keep healing each other, nobody ever dies.

I was in one game today that went on for about 5+ minutes before a single kill was recorded.

Yeah, WTH...what gives. We need to nerf warrior durability and heals so they're super squishy like mages!!!

Darko
04-01-2013, 03:48 AM
No we need to simply up warriors damage. .a dev has already admitted in spacetime insiders that the warrior in pvp is the most nerfed class....mages at least have a shield that reduces first 500, and reduces incoming damage, one aimed shot can take us to 30-40% life. ...warriors damage needs upped, the pvping is ridiculious, nobody can kill anybody unless your a rouge. ..

Limsi
04-01-2013, 03:57 AM
No we need to simply up warriors damage. .a dev has already admitted in spacetime insiders that the warrior in pvp is the most nerfed class....mages at least have a shield that reduces first 500, and reduces incoming damage, one aimed shot can take us to 30-40% life. ...warriors damage needs upped, the pvping is ridiculious, nobody can kill anybody unless your a rouge. ..

Fairly fine as long as they take away your shield :)

gundamsone
04-01-2013, 04:01 AM
They key to balancing PVP is buffing warriors to the extremes

jtst
04-01-2013, 04:48 AM

Agree here. OP Warriors is what people miss so much. And no no, warriors in a team don't define who would win the game.

Bless
04-01-2013, 07:10 AM

Agree here. OP Warriors is what people miss so much. And no no, warriors in a team don't define who would win the game.

#sarcasm

inkredible
04-01-2013, 09:34 AM

#sarcasm

this made me laugh LOL
but tbh i think warrior need more damage LOL, it takes forever to kill one, but then again
people will start complaining warriors are too "OP"

Robhawk
04-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Get used to it, STS likes the way it is, they dont care... If you say something against it they CENSOR your post, so they did with mine - im nearly done with this game. pve is boring, pvp is as unbalanced as is can be... so yes - hf signing off!

edit: i logged in 1 or 2 times the last week - hah, thx for saving my money in the future, STS! :D

Excuses
04-01-2013, 10:11 AM
I think warrior itself is not a problem.
5 rogues can kill anything with 5 as, 5 mage can stun forever with 5 fire ball and 5 warriors and shield up forever..

5 rogue vs 5 warrior = warriors win
5 rogue vs 5 mage = 50%(maybe rogue)
5 mage vs 5 warrior = mage win

The result could be different if one team has more than 3 stun pet and use them wisely.

So my point is it's not because warrior is op, but just because warriors can't kill other warriors before it heal them. I had a fight with a warrior until the game is finished because he was telling me 'don't run'.. can't even remember how long.. painful.

This problem occurs when too many warriors are in a room.
In 1on, no problem except warrior vs warrior.

So now I think STS need to get rid of this CTF because even they change as team play and reward 'win' only, 5 warriors will be real OP in CTF and rogue will be worthless. (Mage can stun at least)
Or we need better party system that filter and limit maximum number of each class by 2.

Syylent
04-01-2013, 11:18 AM
this made me laugh LOL
but tbh i think warrior need more damage LOL, it takes forever to kill one, but then again
people will start complaining warriors are too "OP"

People have been saying that about rogues since the beginning. Their new found love for trash packs is amazing.

Warriors damage is pathetic.

Energizeric
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't mind if warriors damage was increased a little as long as their health/armor was decreased by the same percentage. Then that would make these endless battles go a bit quicker.

As for balance, I think the main issue now is a range/speed issue. Sorcerers with their ranged attacks, and rogues with their bows are supposed to have ranged attacks. Yet warriors with their axe throw have twice the range even though this is supposed to be a melee attack. Melee attacks by definition are supposed to be close range.

If a mage is so squishy, then the only strategy that works is to try to kite and keep your distance. But that is impossible if my range is shorter than the much more robust warrior. If I get close I die, and if I stay far I can't attack him. And that brings me to the issue of speed.... I can't even run because warriors and rogues both can move way way quicker than me. Yesterday while playing CTF, I was running the flag and passed by a warrior from the other team who also had the flag. We passed eachother around the middle of the maze. So he scores his flag way before me, and then using his leaps he manages to track me down and stop me before I can score my flag. So he basically can move 3 times as quick as me. I've also had this happen with rogues. I killed a rogue while I had the flag and was more than half way to scoring it, and then the same rogue managed to catch up to me again all the way from the spawn room and kill me the second time. Just crazy. Those bursts of speed and leaps need to be nerfed.

Excuses
04-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't mind if warriors damage was increased a little as long as their health/armor was decreased by the same percentage. Then that would make these endless battles go a bit quicker.

As for balance, I think the main issue now is a range/speed issue. Sorcerers with their ranged attacks, and rogues with their bows are supposed to have ranged attacks. Yet warriors with their axe throw have twice the range even though this is supposed to be a melee attack. Melee attacks by definition are supposed to be close range.

If a mage is so squishy, then the only strategy that works is to try to kite and keep your distance. But that is impossible if my range is shorter than the much more robust warrior. If I get close I die, and if I stay far I can't attack him. And that brings me to the issue of speed.... I can't even run because warriors and rogues both can move way way quicker than me. Yesterday while playing CTF, I was running the flag and passed by a warrior from the other team who also had the flag. We passed eachother around the middle of the maze. So he scores his flag way before me, and then using his leaps he manages to track me down and stop me before I can score my flag. So he basically can move 3 times as quick as me. I've also had this happen with rogues. I killed a rogue while I had the flag and was more than half way to scoring it, and then the same rogue managed to catch up to me again all the way from the spawn room and kill me the second time. Just crazy. Those bursts of speed and leaps need to be nerfed.

That's why I said mage need it's lost stun abilities back while you say mage is good enough now.

Caiahar
04-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Wow....the axe throw caught me in the spawn room, I was ALL the way on the other side, on the wall, and warrior, hes standing by entrance, he uses axe throw, I somehow get stunned, I die.

Redtank
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Cuz all the nubs think warriors are good, which they kinda are in pvp

iluvataris
04-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Not a mage myself but from observation Mages need a get away fast spell .warriors have one same with rouges. Well not really when in combat but.. I was thinking mages need like a short teleport maybe. With a cooldown ofc.

Syylent
04-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Not a mage myself but from observation Mages need a get away fast spell .warriors have one same with rouges. Well not really when in combat but.. I was thinking mages need like a short teleport maybe. With a cooldown ofc.

Clock does that. Dang sorc last night was destroying me because of it. It is a kiters dream.

But to be fair make it so that it is an attack type spell. If someone is chasing you while you have the flag and use it then you would teleport backward to them - dash and jump do the same thing.

Yakiniku
04-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Clock does that. Dang sorc last night was destroying me because of it. It is a kiters dream.

But to be fair make it so that it is an attack type spell. If someone is chasing you while you have the flag and use it then you would teleport backward to them - dash and jump do the same thing.

Lol why would a sorcerer ever want to teleport BACK to his target? To hit the target with his staff?

Syylent
04-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Lol why would a sorcerer ever want to teleport BACK to his target? To hit the target with his staff?

LOL I agree. If you want it to be the same as what the SS and SP that a warrior and rogue have.. that's it. You SS as a warrior and someone is chasing you, guess what, you go backwards.. same with SP. Silly but that's the way it is... So it should only be fitting that should occur with a sorc type spell.

Unless, of course, there is another speed type skill warriors and rogues have that I do not know about.

Yakiniku
04-02-2013, 01:03 PM
LOL I agree. If you want it to be the same as what the SS and SP that a warrior and rogue have.. that's it. You SS as a warrior and someone is chasing you, guess what, you go backwards.. same with SP. Silly but that's the way it is... So it should only be fitting that should occur with a sorc type spell.

Unless, of course, there is another speed type skill warriors and rogues have that I do not know about.

That's comparing apples to oranges. Warrior and dagger rogue are built to fight up close. Sorcs are built to fight from a distance. If you want to make things the "same" for everyone, we should all have 1k armor, 4k HP, Skyward Smash, 2k Aimed Shot, 30% dodge and a Fireball stun. All classes. No exceptions.

That is, unless you're suggesting mages teleport to you to save you the trouble of hitting the Axe Throw button. Then I understand why you'd make such a suggestion. :)

Syylent
04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
That's comparing apples to oranges. Warrior and dagger rogue are built to fight up close. Sorcs are built to fight from a distance. If you want to make things the "same" for everyone, we should all have 1k armor, 4k HP, Skyward Smash, 2k Aimed Shot, 30% dodge and a Fireball stun. All classes. No exceptions.

That is, unless you're suggesting mages teleport to you to save you the trouble of hitting the Axe Throw button. Then I understand why you'd make such a suggestion. :)

Not really.. no one is complaining about the speed skill except when running the glowwy stone. Or to catch up with someone which in fact would be the same. The same two skills that a warrior and rogue have.. That is similar... Make a mage skill that is similar... But then why complain about the other 2 skills if you don't want everything alike? eh? Contradictory..

:) I admit I love my axe throw on my warrior. Ohh... I also admit I love AS, NB and SP combo on my rogue.... Oh yeah I love shield and clock on my sorc. :) get it? Also I hate using SP and being dashed backwards or SS and jumping backwards.

Darko
04-03-2013, 12:36 AM

IF a warriors damage is increased, and our health decrease, a rouge will kill us even quicker than they already do... we dont have the luxury of the type of shield a mage has that absorbs the first 500 damage and a certain percentage of damage.. you can at least protect yoruself while your shield is active... A warrior has two seconds, after that shield is done, hes dead..YOu increase our damage, increase mages health, decrease rouges health packs and damage significatly, and its even...

Axe throw is hardly a melee attack hence the name (throw) your THROWING it at someone, that basic principle does not constitute melee. I have no issue with the range of axe throw since warriors are so slow.. AS far as running away from them with a flag... There are several options you can choose... CHange your pet, 12% shiloh speed does wonders running a flag.. put more in your passive for speed.. . Warriors base speed is SLOOOOW, most warriors have pets like hazel or shiloh or slag that increase their speed... Rally cry also can increase our speed another 10%, also that warrior that caught you probably got the little green guy with speed to catch you... its very eaasy to switch your pet while running a flag than switch back after yoru score... I do agree however mages need a speed type skill (however time clock is RIDDDDDiculous to get away from) and if theres more than one mage forget it that warrior is like stuck in the mud and cant move....

jtst
04-03-2013, 01:54 AM
YOu increase rogue's damage, increase mages health, decrease warrior shield and damage significatly, and its even...

true!

iluvataris
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
I <3 razorshields anti movement impairing ability
Maybe warriors need something along those lines. Idk if they have one already as I only play my roguu

Syylent
04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
I <3 razorshields anti movement impairing ability
Maybe warriors need something along those lines. Idk if they have one already as I only play my roguu

Warriors do. It is in the juggie line.

Energizeric
04-03-2013, 03:45 PM
IF a warriors damage is increased, and our health decrease, a rouge will kill us even quicker than they already do... we dont have the luxury of the type of shield a mage has that absorbs the first 500 damage and a certain percentage of damage.. you can at least protect yoruself while your shield is active..

Shield absorbs 500 damage TOTAL, not the first 500 damage and then a percentage LOL. If it worked the way you say then it would be great. But it absorbs 500 damage total and then it's gone. Shield is an awful skill and I don't even have it at all. When I come across another mage who has shield, I always blast them to death in about 5 seconds. After my first 2 hits the shield is gone.

I still think that mages should have the farthest range with their fireball/ice skills. Yet warrior axe throw is about twice as far. Also, FYI base speed is the same for all 3 classes. What makes it different in PvP is the warrior and rogue both have a leap-type skill and mages do not.

Valkiryas
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
I think too that warriors have a ridiculously high life while living his skill gives 3 seconds of invincibility and also awarded at the end almost all of his life.

The HP of an average warrior is 4000 and 1000 armor.

That's 5k HP, now with its horn that gives 75% of his lost life is like 3.5k more, it gives them life as 8.5K, not counting his momentary invincibility.

They complain that a rogue gives 2k damage (very rare) but always lose without remove much life.

They will not have much damage but it is impossible for God to take defeat as most of HP's horn is now ready again and our mana in tatters.

Syylent
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Shield absorbs 500 damage TOTAL, not the first 500 damage and then a percentage LOL. If it worked the way you say then it would be great. But it absorbs 500 damage total and then it's gone. Shield is an awful skill and I don't even have it at all. When I come across another mage who has shield, I always blast them to death in about 5 seconds. After my first 2 hits the shield is gone.

I still think that mages should have the farthest range with their fireball/ice skills. Yet warrior axe throw is about twice as far. Also, FYI base speed is the same for all 3 classes. What makes it different in PvP is the warrior and rogue both have a leap-type skill and mages do not.

I think it is just the way he stated it. Which the way you state "But it absorbs 500 damage total and then it's gone" may or may not be true.

Arcane Shield: manifest a protective shield that causes incoming damage to be reduced by 30% for 10 second or until 500 damage has been absorbed.

Upgrades:

Extended Shield Increases the total amount of damage absorbed (my question what damage - I cant tell on my sorc I assume damage absorbed.. which would make it more than 500) and 5 second extended length.

Static Resonance: Increase damage reduction by 15%. Does this mean 500 * 1.15 or 30% + 15% or both. That would then be 575 dmg see Extended Shield.

You don't need to have it, but to dismiss it and then call sorcs weak is just, well, silly. That like me saying my warrior doesn't have HoR so they suck or my Rogue doesn;t have AS so they suck.

Darko
04-04-2013, 04:48 AM
I think too that warriors have a ridiculously high life while living his skill gives 3 seconds of invincibility and also awarded at the end almost all of his life.

That's 5k HP, now with its horn that gives 75% of his lost life is like 3.5k more, it gives them life as 8.5K, not counting his momentary invincibility.

They complain that a rogue gives 2k damage (very rare) but always lose without remove much life.

They will not have much damage but it is impossible for God to take defeat as most of HP's horn is now ready again and our mana in tatters.

75% your numbers are so far off, we get at max about 40%...its abbot 300-400 every 1.5 sec 4 times.... hardly 3.5 k lol warriors are easy to kill for rogue, now a rouges health o acks do give 75% that is true..I have 4100 health, 1100 armor and ask love.... she destroyed me b with ease...one aimed shot look 65% of my life...also you can't give some blank statement like that without knowing all facts. .. did that person have juggernaught? Or rally cry, both those increase health and reduce incoming damage, do they have a pet that reduces incoming damage? , there are so many variables and no specific example is being talked about. .I can fight the same rouge and spec differently and each battle will be different. .I fight same rouge, beat them with malison every time we spilt with ripmaw, I lost every time with ribbit...see my point?? Saying a blanket statement regarding warriors doesn't tell sts anything. ...where are their passive skills is another variable...

Excuses
04-04-2013, 06:08 AM
75% your numbers are so far off, we get at max about 40%...its abbot 300-400 every 1.5 sec 4 times.... hardly 3.5 k lol warriors are easy to kill for rogue, now a rouges health o acks do give 75% that is true..I have 4100 health, 1100 armor and ask love.... she destroyed me b with ease...one aimed shot look 65% of my life...also you can't give some blank statement like that without knowing all facts. .. did that person have juggernaught? Or rally cry, both those increase health and reduce incoming damage, do they have a pet that reduces incoming damage? , there are so many variables and no specific example is being talked about. .I can fight the same rouge and spec differently and each battle will be different. .I fight same rouge, beat them with malison every time we spilt with ripmaw, I lost every time with ribbit...see my point?? Saying a blanket statement regarding warriors doesn't tell sts anything. ...where are their passive skills is another variable...

This is kind of true.
So warriors have total +6k health to use after HoR(while you get dmg and heal), and rogues (if it has 2k health) has +4k health with 3 packs (40%). Both HoR and medic's cool down is 15 sec. Then who is easier to make enough dmg to kill other class within 15 sec? =)

So it depends on other aspect like what skills you use, how long you can stun and the way you fight.

And if a warrior has AT and SS, it's much easier to fight against rogue and mage. But never be able to kill warrior 1on1 unless the other one fail to heal itself.
But if it has Windmill and CS, it will have better chance against warrior but not sure about the other classes.
And if it has Jugg, easier for against mage because stun will not work, but it will be even harder against a warrior.

All warrior skills has pros and cons.
Warrior I can't kill everyone like rogue do, nor stun like mage. It just stays longer.

Darko
04-04-2013, 11:53 AM
This is kind of true.
So warriors have total +6k health to use after HoR(while you get dmg and heal), and rogues (if it has 2k health) has +4k health with 3 packs (40%). Both HoR and medic's cool down is 15 sec. Then who is easier to make enough dmg to kill other class within 15 sec? =)

So it depends on other aspect like what skills you use, how long you can stun and the way you fight.

And if a warrior has AT and SS, it's much easier to fight against rogue and mage. But never be able to kill warrior 1on1 unless the other one fail to heal itself.
But if it has Windmill and CS, it will have better chance against warrior but not sure about the other classes.
And if it has Jugg, easier for against mage because stun will not work, but it will be even harder against a warrior.

All warrior skills has pros and cons.
Warrior I can't kill everyone like rogue do, nor stun like mage. It just stays longer.

3 health packs on a rouge with 15% add on is 25% , Times three is 75%. Not end game rouges I've seen have around 2500 health 850 armor....
Thats a chance say about 4400 health over 15 sec...a warrior has about 5700 over same span, magib difference is out great skill will only take 400 life or 16%. ( axe) and we have 7 sec cd on it..As can take as much as 50% if someones life, combined with razor or smokeb that's about 65%.... with 2 sec fd...... the extra health does not make up the difference in damage output

Natrich
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM

That's 5k HP

What? XD

Excuses
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
3 health packs on a rouge with 15% add on is 25% , Times three is 75%. Not end game rouges I've seen have around 2500 health 850 armor....
Thats a chance say about 4400 health over 15 sec...a warrior has about 5700 over same span, magib difference is out great skill will only take 400 life or 16%. ( axe) and we have 7 sec cd on it..As can take as much as 50% if someones life, combined with razor or smokeb that's about 65%.... with 2 sec fd...... the extra health does not make up the difference in damage output

Sorry. But I believe it WAS 25%+15% additional heal, so total 40%.
Now I just check to make sure and found it says 30% total. I think it nerfed at some point of minor updates we had..(omg)

And I didn't max out my rogue but I have + 2600 health and 790 armor with mali. And I know a rogue who has better stat than me like you said +good dmg since she taught me this build.
but my dmg is poor. About 150 only. So again pros and cons.

I am just saying it all depends on how you play.

TourneAsunder
04-05-2013, 12:02 PM

In screenies the rogues sport 2500+ health with 350-378 dps...which means they out gun the warr even if they fail to pick up several packs.

I can see a solo sorc being worried, sorc needs buffed up for 1v1 combat...but rogues- seriously? Rogues won't be happy even if they are 600 dps/dam 900% bonus dam and have 7k hp...even then they will find something else they want.

blakadder
04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
In screenies the rogues sport 2500+ health with 350-378 dps...which means they out gun the warr even if they fail to pick up several packs.

I can see a solo sorc being worried, sorc needs buffed up for 1v1 combat...but rogues- seriously? Rogues won't be happy even if they are 600 dps/dam 900% bonus dam and have 7k hp...even then they will find something else they want.

We would probably want more mana or more stuns. Thing is I as a rouge am perfectly content with the current skillset of rogues

TourneAsunder
04-05-2013, 01:04 PM
We would probably want more mana or more stuns. Thing is I as a rouge am perfectly content with the current skillset of rogues

I kinda want rogues to have more of an aoe build option if they choose...or trash pack to give the team a heal on charge along with the rogue when spec'd

Randomguy
04-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I die every 10 seconds

Darko
04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Sorry. But I believe it WAS 25%+15% additional heal, so total 40%.
Now I just check to make sure and found it says 30% total. I think it nerfed at some point of minor updates we had..(omg)

And I didn't max out my rogue but I have + 2600 health and 790 armor with mali. And I know a rogue who has better stat than me like you said +good dmg since she taught me this build.
but my dmg is poor. About 150 only. So again pros and cons.

I am just saying it all depends on how you play.

Actually they didnt nerf ot at all, the increased it lol it used to be a total of 75%....now its a total of 90%...each pack is 30%, 3 packs is 90%. If u have 2600 health, thats 4940 health u can get in 15 seconds. Not includong the other buffs u get within medic like self heal.....basically a rouge can be a tank and still produce tons of damage, a warrior has no skill to increase damage and be like a rouge, so why should a rouge have ability to be a tank? Makes no sense

blakadder
04-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Actually they didnt nerf ot at all, the increased it lol it used to be a total of 75%....now its a total of 90%...each pack is 30%, 3 packs is 90%. If u have 2600 health, thats 4940 health u can get in 15 seconds. Not includong the other buffs u get within medic like self heal.....basically a rouge can be a tank and still produce tons of damage, a warrior has no skill to increase damage and be like a rouge, so why should a rouge have ability to be a tank? Makes no sense

rogues heal was reduced to 3 packs healing your full hp... before 1 pack healed 60% of your hp! i call that being nerfed.

excuse me but doesnt vengeful blood increase your damage?

and no, rogue cannot be a tank since he needs to run around picking up packs if he managed to survive the aim shot + lightning from the opposing team while being stunned by skyward smash. warriors can survive that since they prance around with 1.2k armor and 4k hp. typical rogue has 868 armor max gear and 2.1k hp if he is pure dex built