PDA

View Full Version : Lag exploit?

wolfkult
04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Hey, so anyone see people lately doing something with lag during flag carrying? It goes like this, get theflag and then when you run into people basically lag out (looks like he's just standing there) but then zoom he caps. I remember doing stuff like this in mmorpg by dragging your window -- you create artificial lag and can do cool stuff. Looked very similar, I asked the dude about it and he got defensive and changed games (saw in him next game doing it again) -- I guess it's working he's high up on flag leaderboard...

iluvataris
04-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Ya I've seen a few players doing something like this too. Seemed fishy this would happen everytime player grabs flag.

Syylent
04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Not sure but dang the lag in pvp has been horrible lately.

I always hated the window draggers.

wolfkult
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
I always hated the window draggers.

I could never really do it. In the game I played a lot (dark ages of camelot) it mainly benefited mage-type classes -- they could get super range or do ridiculous jumps to hit people in towers. But anyone getting meleed could do it to sort of lag away and send people chasing a ghost, sort of like is being done in AL. To me I don't really care was just curious. It's not like they're killing me or the leaderboard is really a big deal -- just a measure of the amount of free time one has.

Syylent
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I could never really do it. In the game I played a lot (dark ages of camelot) it mainly benefited mage-type classes -- they could get super range or do ridiculous jumps to hit people in towers. But anyone getting meleed could do it to sort of lag away and send people chasing a ghost, sort of like is being done in AL. To me I don't really care was just curious. It's not like they're killing me or the leaderboard is really a big deal -- just a measure of the amount of free time one has.

Yup it was DAoC as well. Man that game kept my interest for many years. I was in Hibernia.

Up until the time the guy boxed 6 animist a bard and a druid. One man wrecking crew. He was a cool guy but it was insta death for practically anyone the warband went up against.

wolfkult
04-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Yup it was DAoC as well. Man that game kept my interest for many years. I was in Hibernia.

Up until the time the guy boxed 6 animist a bard and a druid. One man wrecking crew. He was a cool guy but it was insta death for practically anyone the warband went up against.

Oh yeah, first he had "team wizard" on Igraine before they started clustering, he had them specced ice (aoe) and in a tower they could just bomb the places. I played on all realms on several servers and spent way to much time in that game. The PvP was phenomenal although could be pretty frustrating -- waiting for hours for an even fight unless you go to the battlegrounds. Made some good money selling my characters off before the population nose dived, got $450 for my skald. Still think about playing it again, still have my buff bot account with 50 cleric/shaman/druid. The original dude, mark jacobs, is gone and has a kickstarter for a new game "Camelot Unleashed" which is basically DAOC2 -- I hope it works out and is awesome as it sounds.

Syylent
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah, first he had "team wizard" on Igraine before they started clustering, he had them specced ice (aoe) and in a tower they could just bomb the places. I played on all realms on several servers and spent way to much time in that game. The PvP was phenomenal although could be pretty frustrating -- waiting for hours for an even fight unless you go to the battlegrounds. Made some good money selling my characters off before the population nose dived, got $450 for my skald. Still think about playing it again, still have my buff bot account with 50 cleric/shaman/druid. The original dude, mark jacobs, is gone and has a kickstarter for a new game "Camelot Unleashed" which is basically DAOC2 -- I hope it works out and is awesome as it sounds.

That's right he was team wizzy too. I had forgotten about that but it was prior to all the server merges.

Yeah, Didn't he do Warhammer though? Hopefully he learns from his mistakes because it turned out a travesty. I only had one account. I still have it but only go back in for freebies. Too much has changed though. Best game I ever played.

Dang guess I should be talking about this game. Oh yeah nerf rogues buff sorc and warriors. :)

hashhashin
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
speedhack

Bless
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't understand. Is this even about al?

wolfkult
04-08-2013, 06:43 PM
yes, we got off subject. There is a way to create lag so that you can run untouched. In pvp and people are exploiting it to get flags. To outsiders it looks like they are lagging really bad but after they do it 5x in a row to cap flags it just doesn't seem coincidental anymore.

Alhuntrazeck
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
it doesn't work for me...lol

Irule
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
yeah the toon just keeps moving after holding mouse on window. :confused:

Syylent
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
yeah the toon just keeps moving after holding mouse on window. :confused:

A lag switch will do it too. Window draggers is just one way people accomplished it. There are a few ways.

Saw a few more doing it last night. The game has been laggy as all get out though. So I stay on topic...... Can't tell if they (the user of Arcane Legends) is causing it or it is just plain lag. They end up pretty far away from me too with no noticeable lag on my side. It's just a what?? moment.

Cremated
04-15-2013, 01:15 PM
On the console lag switching is a load of crap just because your doing bad. It is the hosts connection to the Internet that affects yours although I don't know it's the same on the pc/device.

I have a theory that the ping isn't correct because I get 100ping yet lag AND WHEN MY FRIEND PIERCES HE FREEZES AND ZOOMS THROUGH WALL.

In conclusion It's Normal.

Syylent
04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
On the console lag switching is a load of crap just because your doing bad. It is the hosts connection to the Internet that affects yours although I don't know it's the same on the pc/device.

I have a theory that the ping isn't correct because I get 100ping yet lag AND WHEN MY FRIEND PIERCES HE FREEZES AND ZOOMS THROUGH WALL.

In conclusion It's Normal.

Who me doing bad? Nah I am having fun. If I don't have fun I leave. Simple really.

I was pointing out ways it has been in the past. Whether does or does not work with AL, I do not know.

Cremated
04-15-2013, 02:34 PM
I was referencing lag switching in a console not you.

Syylent
04-15-2013, 02:46 PM
I was referencing lag switching in a console not you.

Doh. My bad mate.

jtst
04-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Saw today one 'well-known' rogue was caring flags that way. Everyone is lagging every time he is running near