PDA

View Full Version : 2013-04-01 Content Update (116908)

H2N
04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Double Damage Weekend has ended.

Akaee
04-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Great, and how about the overpowerd brim combo and the not working supermanspeed of THE new skills in ctf?

Sam_Arah
04-01-2013, 12:27 PM
First off thank you for double damage weekend for pve :)

Great, and how about the overpowerd brim combo and the not working supermanspeed of THE new skills in ctf?

Just change the wording on the description. Ghost strike is ok for what it is worth: one of quickest recharge rates to spam, powerful upclose for melee fighters, does increase speed, and it looks cool.

The power in question is Brimestone.

I'm sure many users would be fine decreasing the effect of Brim, but to ALSO increase the effect of GS too? Come on, that would be a double slap in the face to those who have planned their build around Brim. Regardless I hope some kind of free respect is coming about if these two changes come into play out of courtesy to your users of the game.

Akaee
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Gs promised extra speed for flagrunning, sorry it doesnt i use it on one of my chars and yes it does recharge quick but is no use for flagrunning since i dont get extra speed.

As u mentioned gs is great for close combat wich i agree on. That is if there was any close combat since u cant reach anyone getting stuck in the brim. It makes ctf a far distance stun festival with hardly any real fights and skilling at all.

Sam_Arah
04-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Yup Brim could use a tone down. There are ways to out maneuver Brim, although its not always effective. Again Brim's effectiveness is a linear path, and it has to be aimed. The power that sts did nerf was "dark binding"... that had to be done because the power was not linear based.

Yes I do agree that Brim could be less powerful.

As for GS I do think it does increase flag carrier's speed to "normal". Originally if someone has the flag they go at a reduced rate and lose blood while carrying because of the box effect on the player. If you want increase speed for flag carrier purposes, use shadow dance. GS did not promise increased speed for flag carrier, but promised increased speed for someone using it ... I suppose the box effect would still hold regardless.

Shadow Dance, speed boasts, and feeding frenzies (by killing others) is the way to go if you want to increase your speed. Making GS overtly faster or near speed of any of the previous options would make using shadow dance less effective imo.

Akaee
04-01-2013, 02:13 PM
I do know all u say, play dl since it excists. In THE anoouncement gs was said to be ideal for flagbearers for THE speed, well its not. I have shadow dance but it would mean sacrificie another skill wich has at least THE same distance to try to counter brim. Ctf is killed by brim since THE only question is who throws it first stunning THE other and no real fights are possible.

Lady_Pebbles
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Like I been saying since they announced the freaken lvl cap was coming...

We need free respecs for a short time.

... Also what I said after the cap...

Nerf Brimstone. Especially, the combo with FB+Brimstone.