View Full Version : Revising Guild Officer's powers

Natrich
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Currently officers are able to:

Talk to each other and gm in exclusive chat
Recruit members to the guild
Kick members
Kick recruiters

Officers should also be able to promote members to recruiters & vice versa. If officers can already kick recruiters, this shouldnt be a problem.

This power could be very well abused, as officers could then directly oppose their leaders through promotions/demotions. So I'm also proposing a limit on how much officers can promote, demote, or kick members in a given day. There would still be some room for abuse, but nothing can get TOO out of control with a little restriction.

Alhuntrazeck
04-02-2013, 08:00 AM
umm...that idea would be terrible as, like you said, they would abuse the power. and btw, they canNOT kick recruiters.

Natrich
04-02-2013, 10:39 AM
umm...that idea would be terrible as, like you said, they would abuse the power. and btw, they canNOT kick recruiters.

I also proposed a limit on how much an officer can promote. YES, officers CAN kick recruiters

kristof707
04-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Officers should get cooler powers like firebreath and wings

Lalarie
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM

They can kick recruiters...

Pandamoni
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
One way to insure that powers aren't abused is to not promote people who you don't know well. Honestly, if I had a guild, I wouldn't even implement the recruiter position. I think it's way too loosey goosey

I lol'd

inkredible
04-10-2013, 12:57 AM
edited: post got doubled

inkredible
04-10-2013, 12:58 AM
i think its just fine as is,
if should be just left with GM promoting, it be more controlled and organize that way
plus if youre gonna promote someone to a recruiter most likely youd have to talk to ur GM anyways, so whats the point having the power, chances are theyd be online when u ask them..

now if officers are sloppy and just promote without consulting the GM, u might get ur self kicked lol

if he doesnt want that person to be a recruiter

Natrich
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Is everyone ok with the fact that officers can kick recruiters? Isn't that a bit strange?

Irule
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
a little yeah. i think it wasn't like that before...:confused:

Darko
04-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Can we have like a little gm that can promote... like a vp... lets say in real life I die tomorrow, guild dies too since im gm.....we have to be able to keep it going

Serancha
04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
The whole concept behind this is exactly that. If something happens and the gm can not be in game for an extended period, the officers need to be able to keep the guild functioning.

As the current system is, officers can kick recruiters out if they need to, but they can't demote them to members or promote new recruiters to keep the guild active in the absence of a gm gone missing for a time - for example if his iphone broke while he was out of town, or he had to leave unexpectedly for several weeks to tend an ill family member.

These things do happen and a guild needs to be able to function in these situations. As for officers abusing the power? If they can be trusted not to abuse the boot button, i'm sure they are mature enough to handle promoting and demoting recruiters....really.

riot
04-24-2013, 07:23 PM

Umm wat?