PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Bows (again)

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
So i quit PL for awhile came back and there was forgotten bows, i could easily stop here and most people would understand me, but no. My voodoo is currently getting 2hitted by lvl 30's with forgotten bows, literally not exaggerated, recently someone noticed i died easily from a 30 with a forgotten bow and he decided that i "sucked" and rushed me with, ohh he has a forgotten bow aswell and hes 30, so he obviously wins, and dont just say, 'ohh dude just use your mana shield and nuke them', that doesnt work, because they shield and BAM they win GG.( btw Samhayne plz dont just tell me to join a different game, theres a thing called 'hunting' where you join every game to try and find somebody to rush, so yeah it doesnt work like that unfortunately) but anyways when somebody saw me fighting the 30 he decided to team me because he thought it was unfair that it was a 35 vs a 30, even though it was unfair for me in the first place.

So what im saying is, nerf the forgotten bows or else get rid of them completely

Randomguy
04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
I usually just get different gear level up a lil rush me back or get guildies to help 1v2 is hard, if they are a higher lvl, don't be ashamed, higher levels are stronger.

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Thats the problem, they wer lower lvl's but they had fbows so what chance did i have?

Randomguy
04-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Buy a fbow

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Buy a fbow

I dont understand this language, too me it looks like "give in and join the ranks of people who think they are pro with an overpowered weapon, and be one of those guys who fights against the fbow protest threads". GG

Waug
04-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Ok I'm sick of it, yep sick of all the fbow threads

move to level 56-66, if you're good as mage, obviously it will pay off, and new adventure too, why stick at the same level.

I dont understand this language, too me it looks like "give in and join the ranks of people who think they are pro with an overpowered weapon, and be one of those guys who fights against the fbow protest threads". GG

absolutely this types of answers are inappropriate and outta topic, but there are few things u can't ignore, u used a term overpowered weapon, the same thing was applicable for voodoo pre fbow era.

TheBedtBird
04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I have 2 possible solutions:)

My first is, if possible, you can make a backup forg bow mage, so when you feel the odds are against you on your voodoo, you could switch to your forg bow and slightly increase, or dramatically increase your chances of winning against a forg bow person. It depends on how good that person is with forg bow and what level they are.

And my second solution is, that I can tell you my voodoos build. I can always beat a 40 forg bow users without even having to kite, so a 30 forg bow would be a piece of cake for you with my build, just ask I'd be happy to share;)

With the exception of bears, you gotta kite them:)

Subscriber
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Forgotten bows are way OP.

Multibird
04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
56-71 pvp

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 11:36 AM
@ legendfb

Voodoos werent considered overpowered, back then i always pvped at 30-40 and i honestly never saw anyone complain about voodoos, except maybe their mana shield, and i was an iceberg bird and a copperhead bear and i dont think i ever had a problem with voodoos. Back then you just had to learn how to fight them, with this forgotten bow era, im starting to think the only way to fight them back is with an fbow, but i wont cuz thats why there are so many fbow users, because so many people gave in tyring to fight them.

Roberto077
04-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Pretty much.

Subscriber
04-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I tried 25 after the forgotten release and it was instantly annoying. Forgotten bows on every toon and it wasn't really fun anymore. Basically why I stopped low level twinking is because of these OP forgotten bows. Also, a whole bunch of cocky players will rush you if you aren't using a forgotten bow which is annoying because by the end of the game you'll be getting 3v1'd.

Yich
04-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Lol I live to prove Samhayne wrong. "Just join another game, that'll work." All that does is make hunting you a little harder and more fun.

Randomguy
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Go endgame there is no l76 fb

Waug
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
@op, u think voodoo is not op, so y did you choose that level instead of having several good levels, as far as complains are concern, if u have grown up in a hot country u wont complain about hot weather, but of u born in cold country and suddenly get to hot place, u will complain alot, that's human nature, not ur fault though.

International
04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Before forg bows came out voodoos were the ones rushing everyone and had the advantage toward others, so....you're simply mad because you lost that advantage?

Subscriber
04-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Before forg bows came out voodoos were the ones rushing everyone and had the advantage toward others, so....you're simply mad because you lost that advantage?

Voodoos rushing other voodoos, duh.

Now it's forg bows rushing voodoos. Bro.

Nobody's mad we just don't understand why they're so powerful. Nobody runs around with a forgotten staff or forgotten 2h sword, why are the bows drastically better. Oh they have arrows? Nah just OP.

Blind
04-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Ok seriously, there have been 1 billion fnbow threads, you guys dumb or what? All you have is 3 options:

1 Use the bow
2 Play without one and don't cry
3 Move to a level where they are not as powerful. E.g 56+

Subscriber
04-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Ok seriously, there have been 1 billion fnbow threads, you guys dumb or what? All you have is 3 options:

1 Use the bow

Way too many threads for sure.

Obviously STS won't do much about it, just people voicing there opinions for the world to read.

Also free posts.

billybob1
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM

1 Use the bow

finally sum1 with sum sense......will u b my new besty?

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 02:47 PM

1 Use the bow
You people are why the forgotten bow is still in the game and not nerfed -_-

Blind
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
:encouragement:

Roberto077
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
It's funny because fbows have been nerfed twice....

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
It's funny because fbows have been nerfed twice....

When? They obviously couldnt have been 'nerfed' if they are still overpowered ?

Noblesse
04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
You people are why the forgotten bow is still in the game and not nerfed -_-

You people are why the forums are cluthered with whining threads like these. Adapt and overcome.

The did nerf them, for example they increased the amount of dex needed to equip them and there was another nerf I can't remember.

But still, you whiners want more.

My advice would be to stop crying and go out and and buy one, it's not like nobody's selling them.

In the past, there were 'OP' WF items that were a hell or a lot more expensive as compared to FB's, yet hardly anybody complained about it. That's the difference between the current generation of players and the past generation. In the past people would just work hard to get that best item or found ways to adapt and overcome.

Fast forward to today, instead of even trying, people like you clutter the forums crying 'OP' here and 'OP' there.

Yich
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
You people are why the forums are cluthered with whining threads like these. Adapt and overcome.

The did nerf them, for example they increased the amount of dex needed to equip them and there was another nerf I can't remember.

But still, you whiners want more.

My advice would be to stop crying and go out and and buy one, it's not like nobody's selling them.

In the past, there were 'OP' WF items that were a hell or a lot more expensive as compared to FB's, yet hardly anybody complained about it. That's the difference between the current generation of players and the past generation. In the past people would just work hard to get that best item or found ways to adapt and overcome.

Fast forward to today, instead of even trying, people like you clutter the forums crying 'OP' here and 'OP' there.

Read this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70564-The-forgotten-difference&highlight=forgotten+launcher+yich

Deathofan
04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
There used to not be an attribute requirement for level 10-14 forgotten weapons, and from 15+ the dex requirement was too low. They made it to were you almost need to be pure dex to wear them, but it did not changed a bit to many levels because most twinks have more dex than their natural stat and can wear it. Ohh and techno said something about a patch that forgotten bows were dmg reduced by 10-15%.

TEOKILLO
04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
If sts undid the 2 nerfs they already did to troll the complainers id laugh so hard lol...

Yich
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
If sts undid the 2 nerfs they already did to troll the complainers id laugh so hard lol...

Read my thread, STS didn't nerf crap for my level of PvP. Oh yippee, now it takes more dex to weild one. That's not a nerf, that's making it so birds are even more OP because other classes have to use more dex to use the Fbow.

Yich
04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention Moujie... Hehehe, silly moujie..

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Ohh i didnt know about the 'slight arrangements', but watevs theyre still OP and Noblesse, you state us pvpers with common sense as "whiners", yet your whining about us, logic GG

MightyMicah
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't think we should ever stop making threads like this. The game is unbalanced due to these weapons and that's a fact.

I do think we could do without a bajillion threads on it...all at once. I also think we can do without the wining and complaining. Present evidence. Post pictures of the OP-ness. Don't just come in here rambling on about your troubles.

Ujustgotnuked
04-02-2013, 05:06 PM
@ MM

Yes i agree, i actually didnt know of any other thread like this atm(still dont know actually), but yeah we need to make more threads like yichies one to show StS just how overpowered they are, cuz im sick of complaining at this point

Roberto077
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Very minor nerfs that didn't solve anything. The damage on the bows went down about 10 damage and the stat requirement went up a tiny bit, but more dex for bows means a larger dex damage increase, so they averaged out to having about the same damage only with a higher stat requirement. As I said, they solved nothing.

Noblesse
04-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Ohh i didnt know about the 'slight arrangements', but watevs theyre still OP and Noblesse, you state us pvpers with common sense as "whiners", yet your whining about us, logic GG

Don't even try and lump yourself in the same class as 'us pvp'ers', that's giving yourself way too much credit. My post wasn't directed to 'all' PVP'ers, just people like you.. You know.. The whiners.

The difference between people like Yich/Micha (just to name a few) and you, is that they actually come up with detailed topics about the matter and make suggestions on how to make it better.

You're just crying 'oooh aaah OP OP' without any real suggestion as why you think they're OP and what to do to make it better. 'Nerf them!!!11!!1!!1!', is that seriously the most intelligent answer you can come up with? I sure hope not.

So, objectively, that classifies you as a whiner GG <3

Kixxler
04-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Forgotten bows absolutely destroyed lower-level pvping. It almost takes no skill at all now to be good at low-level twinking as long as you have a forgotten bow. It's stupid.

MightyMicah
04-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Forgotten bows absolutely destroyed lower-level pvping. It almost takes no skill at all now to be good at low-level twinking as long as you have a forgotten bow. It's stupid.

I should seriously get on my computer and record a fight or two (especially around low level pvp) just to prove how ridiculous it is now. I sincerely don't think the devs realize how crazy it's gotten.

Sryyoulose
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
F bows great for merching... Bought a pink 31 for 120k sold for 350 quickly... Awesomeness

Ujustgotnuked
04-03-2013, 04:22 AM
Don't even try and lump yourself in the same class as 'us pvp'ers', that's giving yourself way too much credit. My post wasn't directed to 'all' PVP'ers, just people like you.. You know.. The whiners.

The difference between people like Yich/Micha (just to name a few) and you, is that they actually come up with detailed topics about the matter and make suggestions on how to make it better.

You're just crying 'oooh aaah OP OP' without any real suggestion as why you think they're OP and what to do to make it better. 'Nerf them!!!11!!1!!1!', is that seriously the most intelligent answer you can come up with? I sure hope not.

So, objectively, that classifies you as a whiner GG <3
Let me ask, did you even read the original post of this thread? If 'im getting beat up by 30's with forgotten bows, when im 35 with what used to be good pvp gear', isnt detailed enough for devs to understand that these weapons are OP, which they are, im not whining im complaining. Then im suggesting that you think devs are spoonfed information, but its not them its you, you just cant understand that we are complaining for a reason and yes i consider myself as a 'pvper' because i have been pvping since january 2011 , and nowadays i pvp everyday for most of the day, and if thats not a pvper then what is?