PDA

View Full Version : Mythic when you least expect it

Dormirson
04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Ok, so I make run after run...I have 2 gold chest, 2 gold pirate chest, and ONE of those darn crates. I open the gold ones and get ok stuff...think to myself...I should sell that crate...but I don't, I only have 59 plat so I take one more stupid chance...and BINGO! I finally got something...a mythic warrior helm...I almost started to cry...almost. So, there is hope. Cause, I am one unlucky dude when it comes to drops.

kristof707
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Its always about you isnt it mysticaleagle?
@ op cg man ty for restoring hope for us :-)

kdnuttall
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Yes kristof707 he has to tell everyone every chance he gets grats dormirson

JaytB
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Grats on the mythic helm! I can imagine that had to be quite the rush :)

Natrich
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
what the does the little music sound like when you loot a mythic? lol

Yakiniku
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Congrats!

So does the game play a different "celebration sound" when a mythic pops out of a chest versus the sound you get when it's a legendary? Dumb question, but I've always wondered lol.

JaytB
04-02-2013, 06:29 PM
what the does the little music sound like when you loot a mythic? lol

Congrats!

So does the game play a different "celebration sound" when a mythic pops out of a chest versus the sound you get when it's a legendary? Dumb question, but I've always wondered lol.

The difference is probably that you only hear yourself screaming with joy instead of hearing any in-game sounds :D

Nikkiii
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Congrats on the mythic Dorm. :)

Zanpakuto
04-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Congrats! I never get squat

Slashiroth
04-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Congrats!

Darko
04-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Congrats!

me 600 crates, 9000 platinum, roughly $500 in crates towards sts and their salaries =0 mythics, 0 arcanes, 0 anything...

him 1 crates, 56 platinum, roughly $9 towards sts and their salaries = 1 mythic and a huge smilie

there no logic behind this, and frankly it pisses me off... congrats none the less though..

Greencrow
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Ok, so I make run after run...I have 2 gold chest, 2 gold pirate chest, and ONE of those darn crates. I open the gold ones and get ok stuff...think to myself...I should sell that crate...but I don't, I only have 59 plat so I take one more stupid chance...and BINGO! I finally got something...a mythic warrior helm...I almost started to cry...almost. So, there is hope. Cause, I am one unlucky dude when it comes to drops.

congrats :)

hashhashin
04-03-2013, 12:28 AM
same here, except i got one out of 4 eli pirate golds, came with 3-4 pinks as well. its like a curse. and its still stuck with me. 5-6m down. i'd remember cashing in e. gold pirates as soon as i hit the 1.5-2m mark, i went down to 0 gold just as fast. rinse and repeat

inkredible
04-03-2013, 12:44 AM
gimme plis

Energizeric
04-03-2013, 02:09 AM
me 600 crates, 9000 platinum, roughly $500 in crates towards sts and their salaries =0 mythics, 0 arcanes, 0 anything...

him 1 crates, 56 platinum, roughly $9 towards sts and their salaries = 1 mythic and a huge smilie

there no logic behind this, and frankly it pisses me off... congrats none the less though..

Correct, there is no logic to things that are random. I know people who buy lottery tickets every day for decades and never won the jackpot, but someone can win who bought their first ticket. That's how it works with gambling.

If it pisses you off, then don't gamble anymore! Problem solved! :)

Darko
04-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Correct, there is no logic to things that are random. I know people who buy lottery tickets every day for decades and never won the jackpot, but someone can win who bought their first ticket. That's how it works with gambling.

If it pisses you off, then don't gamble anymore! Problem solved! :)

Sts does not have a Texas business gambling license ......its a game ....you can't compare to lottery or gambling as that would be illegal for sts to do so.

kristof707
04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Crates arent gambling?

Mysticaleagle
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
We don't even know what they do behind these Crates, we don't know if they lower the drop rate, or simply take it off for a few days or even make the ones who spent the more platinum usually never get it so they can continuously open some. It's all unknown. That's how I see these Crates. In my honest opinion, they should have never been introduced. Farming bosses to receive the Arcane, Mythic and Eggs is the way it should roll. Like a normal MMORPG. Farm for items, not gamble for them.

kristof707
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
But people with plat want it now :-[

Rare
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM

I didn't recall reading that he only spent 59 plat. Are you sure he only spent that much? Perhaps he had already spent thousands opening crates.

but I don't, I only have 59 plat so I take one more stupid chance...

Rare
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
We don't even know what they do behind these Crates, we don't know if they lower the drop rate, or simply take it off for a few days or even make the ones who spent the more platinum usually never get it so they can continuously open some. It's all unknown. That's how I see these Crates. In my honest opinion, they should have never been introduced. Farming bosses to receive the Arcane, Mythic and Eggs is the way it should roll. Like a normal MMORPG. Farm for items, not gamble for them.

Here is the problem with the crates. And the "randomness"

Assuming they monitor how many crates have been opened versus how many mythics/arcances have been looted. There are two possible scenarios

1. They have adjusted the rates at some point.
2. They using the same rates that were present in the beginning.

If the correct scenario is 2, it seems VERY unrealistic to me that the drop rates can be accurate if they haven't changed since they were instituted. When you're talking about randomness, you need to get data over long periods of time to see the trend. While it still won't perfect, it becomes easier for them to predict how the chips will fall.

Unfortunately, I'm doubting this is something that STS would tell us given the backlash they might receive from people that spent tons of money already.

I'm not sure if this is really making sense.

LwMark
04-03-2013, 11:29 AM

I bet if u got a arcane or mythic u wouldnt complain or others

Zuzeq
04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Let the man have his moment, I had to fork over 5M+ for my helm. Congrats man!

Mysticaleagle
04-03-2013, 12:07 PM
I bet if u got a arcane or mythic u wouldnt complain or others

Nvm.

Energizeric
04-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Sts does not have a Texas business gambling license ......its a game ....you can't compare to lottery or gambling as that would be illegal for sts to do so.

You can if it's inside a game. There are plenty of games that have virtual gambling. As long as the rewards paid out are in virtual currency and not real currency, then it is perfectly legal.

darthdlo
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM

exactly they say we complain for more rare items but why not do like the origional drgn eqpt why do we have to spend hard earned cash why dont the just make the items in the elite chest with the same drop rate. edit* u can still complain even if u win an item congrats to who wins but im sure they think system is a little screwey if i won i would still feel the same because the high cost of real money, which i know u dont have to spend blah blah, i can afford and others can but still if u sit back and look at whole system it makes u go hummmmm. but seriously congrats it is nice to hear from winners.

Rare
04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
...why do we have to spend hard earned cash why dont the just make the items in the elite chest with the same drop rate.

Arcane and Mythic gear DOES drop from Elite Golden Pirate chests.

darthdlo
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
tru tru but its easier to get locked crates just it shouldnt cost real money to open. U have free plat offers but i cant make enough to keep up with my chest drops.

Rare
04-03-2013, 04:10 PM
tru tru but its easier to get locked crates just it shouldnt cost real money to open. U have free plat offers but i cant make enough to keep up with my chest drops.

Oh I see where you're going with this.

Unsubscribe

badness707
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm selling the mythic sorc helm hit me up.

Thaifood

Beanipea
04-15-2013, 03:05 AM
You can if it's inside a game. There are plenty of games that have virtual gambling. As long as the rewards paid out are in virtual currency and not real currency, then it is perfectly legal.

Really?

So this is what online gaming has become. Luring kids (because let's face it, a lot of players are still kids) into gambling real money for virtual stuff. Catch em while they're young I guess...