PDA

View Full Version : Rhino PVPers

Mennddoza
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
So, I've been pvping rhino for a while now and its so much fun! I know that many of you have a level 20 rhino, but who out there has one thats higher level rhino for pvp???

- Just wondering :p

XghostzX
04-04-2013, 08:10 PM
75 Rhino aqui :D

Caiahar
04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Cosmicxghost.

whisperwalk
04-05-2013, 12:50 AM
So, I've been pvping rhino for a while now and its so much fun! I know that many of you have a level 20 rhino, but who out there has one thats higher level rhino for pvp???

- Just wondering :p

I have a 75 rhino for PVP and its not very good...

Other classes esp. birds can kill it in micro-seconds. Birds can even do it from afar. At the same time, the rhino takes way too long (and MUST perma-stun) to kill anything. Prepare to die much more often than you win. Although the non-rhinos will claim they used 'skill' and you can learn this 'skill' I find it hard to convert even the 'free' wins. What i mean is that when an enemy is simply standing there without doing anything, you will STILL take forever to murder them.

Mages are simply impossible, although bears are slowly becoming an even match with the purchase of Dragonscale scythe & helm. The trouble with PVP is that most people who do enter PVP are not 'casual' and sport the most competitive gear they can wear. So, you're basically facing op characters wearing op gears all the time, while using an up (underpowered character).

SIDE TOPIC

Let's also talk about base HP. A rhino has 400 HP and a bird has 500 HP. It takes 200 Str points for a rhino to equalize with a bird, who did absolutely nothing to earn that 100 hp. So the bird pumps dex instead, ending up with higher crit and damage. Therefore, the birds gets the equivalent of 200 STR and 200 DEX, and did I mention bird skills are all better than rhino skills too? Defensively, nothing can beat the bird evade skill, offensively, nothing can beat their root + KB shot + break armor. Also, birds are long range.

My summary is: the deck is stacked against rhinos. Nobody has ever proven that having 600 mana for a rhino does anything.

Gragorak
04-05-2013, 04:52 AM
I have a 75 rhino for PVP and its not very good...

Other classes esp. birds can kill it in micro-seconds. Birds can even do it from afar. At the same time, the rhino takes way too long (and MUST perma-stun) to kill anything. Prepare to die much more often than you win. Although the non-rhinos will claim they used 'skill' and you can learn this 'skill' I find it hard to convert even the 'free' wins. What i mean is that when an enemy is simply standing there without doing anything, you will STILL take forever to murder them.
Rhinos aren't made to kill anything, they are made to be support + tank class in ctf.

whisperwalk
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Even if they are not made to kill anything, this thread is about PVP.

And nope they don't tank well in 75 PVP. PVP tanking is a joke. Birds would kite you at lower levels, but at 75 they won't even bother. Because you will die in three hits.

Gragorak
04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Even if they are not made to kill anything, this thread is about PVP.

And nope they don't tank well in 75 PVP. PVP tanking is a joke. Birds would kite you at lower levels, but at 75 they won't even bother. Because you will die in three hits.
CTF (= capture the flag) is part of PvP. Seems like you have only played DM, maybe you should try CTF? It's better for rhinos.

Check this Ghost's guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91179-The-Ultimate-End-Game-CTF-Guide-gt-Rhino-(Paladin)) about end game rhino ctf. He and his team made it to the semi-finals in the official 3v3 end game CTF tournament (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=43), where they lost their match 4-5. That pretty much proves that rhinos are good tank + support class in CTF.

whisperwalk
04-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Where I play, CTF is pretty much "ignore the flags" and "let's kill each other". Everyone treats it like DM without the 10-kill restriction.

If CTF is taken seriously, then yes rhinos are good at it. But i suspect that foxes are even better because they can actually kill players while leaping out of range. It's very useful to murder one or two birds before going on your way. I haven't really experienced proper CTF.

Gragorak
04-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Where I play, CTF is pretty much "ignore the flags" and "let's kill each other". Everyone treats it like DM without the 10-kill restriction.

If CTF is taken seriously, then yes rhinos are good at it. But i suspect that foxes are even better because they can actually kill players while leaping out of range. It's very useful to murder one or two birds before going on your way. I haven't really experienced proper CTF.
Yes, all "CTF" games in twink levels are basically DM. But in end game all (or at least almost all) CTF is actually CTF.

Foxes are good too in CTF. They have two dashes, but they can't tank or be in a supportive role. And they aren't as good dmg-dealers as birds, mages or bears (in end game).

Whirlzap
04-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Either birds got the OP boomerang this time around or you're making no sense.
Also I agree, mages are impossible.
Still impossible.
Nerf pallies pls.

Mennddoza
04-07-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm not asking for a guide guys haha, My rhino does perfectly fine in 1v1 matches just wondering who out there pvps with rhinos!

OverkillED
04-09-2013, 01:10 AM
I'm not asking for a guide guys haha, My rhino does perfectly fine in 1v1 matches just wondering who out there pvps with rhinos!

Your rhino is 56 (SoundSet). Endgame is apparently different.

whisperwalk
04-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Your rhino is 56 (SoundSet). Endgame is apparently different.

The endgame is something like birds one-shotting one another while rhinos hide behind trees.

Mennddoza
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Idk I might try and go 66 pvp. Getting tired of 56 already!

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 07:32 AM
The endgame is something like birds one-shotting one another while rhinos hide behind trees.

They don't hide behind trees, they charge to the fray.

aav5224
04-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Rhinos r easy bear kill them

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 10:00 AM

Rhinos are capable of killing bears as long as they don't mess up.

Griffinfan
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM

not true, in most cases a well versed rhino can easily out tank a bear

OverkillED
04-20-2013, 12:54 AM

Look who forgot to take his spelling meds today!

whisperwalk
04-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Don't reply him, he's obviously trolling.

Wendellism
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Don't reply him, he's obviously trolling.

I know right?

Itoopeo
05-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Archadiss
Level 50 rhino pvper

Mennddoza
05-01-2013, 10:24 PM
archadiss. Add me at Soundset!

Wendellism
05-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Archadiss
Level 50 rhino pvper

What an epic derailment. >_>

Gragorak
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Archadiss
Level 50 rhino pvper
What an epic derailment. >_>
Lol? He pretty much answered to the OP's question.

Mennddoza
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol? He pretty much answered to the OP's question.

very true lol

Itoopeo
05-08-2013, 11:38 AM
When fighting bear my rhino runs out of mana and then bear kills me. Only 5 level lower bears are "killable". Same level bears cant kill me when i got mana left but when i run out of mana im dead. Birds are easy with 50 rhino, jut get to close range fast before they root and cruel blast. When fighting mages need to drain their mana first. Foxes does not have good heal skill so its easy to just deal about 20dmg from every hit to them and they die slowly. When using rift hammer, i can combo birds and they die. Mages are hard with hammer but if they dont use mana shield at start its easy. Also hammer is best against other rhinos, which i dont usually see in games.
Some players think they can kill a rhino without using buffs. Its always funno to see that O.O when one hit combo them with rift hammer. One guy pmed me im hacker cuz rhinos cant do 250+ crit dmg. Only autoing fully bufffed rift hammer to bird ir mage does 250-300dmg.

But anyways i would say rhinos are clearly worst class in PvP.

Caiahar
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
When fighting bear my rhino runs out of mana and then bear kills me. Only 5 level lower bears are "killable". Same level bears cant kill me when i got mana left but when i run out of mana im dead. Birds are easy with 50 rhino, jut get to close range fast before they root and cruel blast. When fighting mages need to drain their mana first. Foxes does not have good heal skill so its easy to just deal about 20dmg from every hit to them and they die slowly. When using rift hammer, i can combo birds and they die. Mages are hard with hammer but if they dont use mana shield at start its easy. Also hammer is best against other rhinos, which i dont usually see in games.
Some players think they can kill a rhino without using buffs. Its always funno to see that O.O when one hit combo them with rift hammer. One guy pmed me im hacker cuz rhinos cant do 250+ crit dmg. Only autoing fully bufffed rift hammer to bird ir mage does 250-300dmg.

I beg to differ.
I have a 30 rhino, and its decent.
At that lvl, bears are biggest threat as they can stun with beckon, stomp, and I think hellscream. Its bad because the heal isnt as spammable as mages heal, so you have to use heal wisely to get out if stuns.

Mennddoza
05-08-2013, 08:37 PM

I Am not asking for a GUIDE to kill classes haha. I pretty much got it down! (kinda! haha anyways whats your rhinos name?)

Caiahar
05-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Update: bears are only problem if theyre 35 copper.
Right now some bear 31 with shivering/iceberg rushed me, I beat him, he went, "DAFUQ?!" Rushed me again, luckily rhino buffs have low cooldowns.
And beat him, again, again, again, until game ended
Ppl think rhinos r noobs so they rush them and team..

Mennddoza
05-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Right now some bear 31 with shivering/iceberg rushed me, I beat him, he went, "DAFUQ?!" Rushed me again, luckily rhino buffs have low cooldowns.

good for you! haha stuff like that gives us rhinos a more positive outlook to the PvPers out there!

btw whats your rhinos ign?

Caiahar
05-10-2013, 01:16 AM

good for you! haha stuff like that gives us rhinos a more positive outlook to the PvPers out there!

btw whats your rhinos ign?
Metadroid. But since everyone rushes my rhino, I basically turn into FFA and rush everyone :) another reason why I got invited to Dissidents of Go, and they turn everything into FFA and rush, so dont feel offended or such if I rush you ;)
I can host private 1 vs 1 matches to fight :)
What's your rhino IGN?

Mennddoza
05-10-2013, 11:48 AM
My rhinos name is soundset!

Cheenivie
05-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Rhinosrock add me:D im an endgame rhino and for those who say rhinos cant kill, learn your combos! I can kill birds with a combo and mages it takes awhile but they are very killable

Mennddoza
05-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Rhinosrock add me:D im an endgame rhino and for those who say rhinos cant kill, learn your combos! I can kill birds with a combo and mages it takes awhile but they are very killable

very nice! Yeah I'll add u up :D

Reunegade
05-18-2013, 05:52 PM
I had a rhino.

It took me 24 minutes to kill a bear.

Caiahar
05-18-2013, 08:49 PM
I had
a rhino.

It took me 24 minutes to kill a bear.
What happened to rhino? And bears arent that hard, its mages that kill meh.

Rot
05-19-2013, 04:53 AM
overall rhinos are weak, but if you have a good team and you yourself are quite skilled you'd dominate ffa

Caiahar
05-19-2013, 08:55 AM
overall rhinos are weak, but if you have a good team and you yourself are quite skilled you'd dominate ffa
But, but, its good in lvl 30! 1vs1 or FFA, both good.

Reunegade
05-19-2013, 07:49 PM
What happened to rhino? And bears arent that hard, its mages that kill meh.
Deleted, I don't like rhinos.

Spyce
05-20-2013, 02:29 AM
But, but, its good in lvl 30! 1vs1 or FFA, both good.

20 rhinos are good as well.

Itoopeo
07-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Fbows are noobish. Rhinos are good at L50,51,56 and L66

Cheenivie
07-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Fbows are noobish. Rhinos are good at L50,51,56 and L66

Is that why you use one?

Itoopeo
07-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes. Rhino isnt good at PvP if ypu have noticed...

Spyce
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes. Rhino isnt good at PvP if ypu have noticed...

Have you see a L.20 Paw Rhino?

Cheenivie
07-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Have u seen my op endgame rhino powah?

razerfingers
07-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Did you notice dat necro? ;P

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Asicheenivy
07-18-2013, 04:42 AM
73 rhino asicheenivyyy :)

Ssneakykills
07-31-2013, 08:46 AM
I have got L75 rhino nearly capped with crusher set atm need savage helm and shield still for my savage set. Hit me up in game ssneakyhorns i would be happy to take on some fellow rhinos i have have beaten elite bears and birds and mages but never a rhino yet :) so looking forward to it.

Mennddoza
01-16-2014, 11:39 AM
I have got L75 rhino nearly capped with crusher set atm need savage helm and shield still for my savage set. Hit me up in game ssneakyhorns i would be happy to take on some fellow rhinos i have have beaten elite bears and birds and mages but never a rhino yet :) so looking forward to it. hey man! Add my new rhino (sorta new) powertrip

Ssneakykills
01-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Is that rhino boosted lol... Just seen it on leaderboards suddenly

Mennddoza
01-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Not Boosted. Name Change.

Ssneakykills
01-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Oh lol, who were you before?

Mennddoza
01-19-2014, 10:32 AM
oh lol, who were you before?

super secret

lightzone
01-19-2014, 08:33 PM
hey mend, could ya help me fix my soundset, i think it's broke

Edit: Lol nvm I just saw it was posted earlier in thread

Caiahar
01-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Not Boosted. Name Change.
You denied it when I asked you ingame >_<

Mennddoza
01-20-2014, 06:20 PM
I mean I didn't get a name change and I just pvp a ton... Soundset isn't my Rhino.

Ssneakykills
01-21-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm guessing your a 56 rhino?

Mennddoza
01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes, yes I am a 56 rhino!

Sheugokin
01-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Lel. Max peroh. Period.

Ssneakykills
01-21-2014, 05:48 PM
What language is this sheusheu?