PDA

View Full Version : Recommend where to farm for gear

Zeya
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I recently hit level 30. I have some decent gear, but could really use some pink (legendary) stuff. Does anyone know where the good gear drops? Is it only in the final mini dungeons that are the last level in a given campaign? I read in the update notes that the bone stuff drops in the mini-dungeons, but it didn't mention The Lost Expedition campaign. Do you get different stuff from that one?

Where are we farming for Enchantress equipment? :confused:

Sayishere
04-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Lon Lon Ranch is a good place to farm :P

Zeya
04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Zing!

FeralDruid
04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I would tell you, but I don't want it to get nerfed until I get all my bone item drops. Lets just say 30's gear drops in all the new "mini" dungeons (hint hint).

Leviticus
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Mega mash up.

darrensmith016
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Mega mash up.

^^ what he said ^^

Zeya
04-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Do lightning and ice wands/staves drop in mega mash up too?

Royce
04-27-2010, 04:04 PM
I find nice ice and lightning staves regularly in various parts of the lost expedition. The minidungeons have bonestaves, but I've yet to find the pink one, so I can't tell you much about it. I find the best wands in the gold store, but maybe I've just been unlucky.

FeralDruid
04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
I just picked up a piece of the new Bone armor, purple, in the Kings Forest. Mobs are pretty easy to solo for any class, just take your time on pulls and you can finish the mini dungeon in about 10-15 minutes. I think they have high end loot drops there to motivate people to buy the expansions, however it turns out to be a farmer's paradise.

Deathshock
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Magic castle is the easiest to farm relatively speaking

Royce
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
My bad, I just saw someone pick up a nice want in the maze. I think all the minidungeons have the same high end gear, you're just more likely to find stuff running through the castle or the maze because there are more mobs to slaughter :)
But FeralDruid's suggestion is a good one if you're soloing.

LordRaid
04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Mega mash up.

Truth. From what I've heard, end game gear (for now, as level limit is currently 30) drops most often in Mega Mash Up.

But taking into consideration there are loads of monsters to slay in that mini dungeon.... xD

Inching
04-28-2010, 01:45 AM
I just picked up a piece of the new Bone armor, purple, in the Kings Forest. Mobs are pretty easy to solo for any class, just take your time on pulls and you can finish the mini dungeon in about 10-15 minutes. I think they have high end loot drops there to motivate people to buy the expansions, however it turns out to be a farmer's paradise.

lock ur game and farm... what i do

SlipperyJim
04-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Magic castle is the easiest to farm relatively speaking
Only if you have friends. The badguys are so tightly packed in the Magic Castle that I frequently get killed when I'm solo. Surrounded, mobbed, and torn apart like those poor buggers in "Dawn of the Dead"....

For solo farmers, FeralDruid has the right idea. Farm the King's Forest. :)

Royce
04-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Only if you have friends. The badguys are so tightly packed in the Magic Castle that I frequently get killed when I'm solo. Surrounded, mobbed, and torn apart like those poor buggers in "Dawn of the Dead"....

LOL
Try going as an enchantress. Cast one heal spell and every bad guy in the whole castle is on top of you. It's really really ugly.

SlipperyJim
04-28-2010, 09:53 AM
LOL
Try going as an enchantress. Cast one heal spell and every bad guy in the whole castle is on top of you. It's really really ugly.
BTDTBTF

Been There, Done That, Bought The Farm

Azrael
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I farm magic castle fine on my chantress and warrior... But going after harpo ist worth it. Hardest boss in the game unless ur an archer.

Zeya
04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
But going after harpo ist worth it. Hardest boss in the game unless ur an archer.

Agreed. Small parties always seem to wipe there, and he doesn't seem to have a higher chance of dropping anything. I usually only stick with it because there are other people in the party. :(

mkatzpp
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
my enchantress is pretty well stacked and i have 14000 kills and all the best gear and i have NEVER ONCE beaten harpo solo.

SlipperyJim
04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
But going after harpo ist worth it. Hardest boss in the game unless ur an archer.
Harpo & Dead Eyes haunt my nightmares. The other bosses are tough, but reasonable. These uber-archer bosses just whack me with one or two hits....

Royce
04-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Okay so I just tried the castle solo with my enchantress again, and it was not bad at all. Only one death before Harpo. I think the difference this time was carrying a wand and shield (or whatever those bobbly wrist things are called). With a staff, I had a much harder time surviving, but it was fairly easy with better armor.