PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to spawn killing

Jexetta
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
STS and the AL PVP community,

I'm not sure if this has been posted as I don't always surf through forum posts to make sure my suggestion hasn't already been suggested.

I'm sure many people have experienced this in PVP numerous times no matter how high your skill level. You join a random CTF game and upon spawning you immediately see 5 of the opposite team bearing down upon you giving you absolutely no chance. So you try and kill the weakest member of their group and probably fail. You respawn at the other side and guess what, they've already ran to the other side and you are again spawn killed. Running away is not an option so the only two options is to stay dead and try and call friends or leave the game. Everyone that has played any amount of pvp in AL I know has been severely frustrated with spawn killing. I'm sure there may be some people who enjoy doing this, but let's be honest - it takes away from PVP by overly frustrating new or even experienced players and also ruins the truthfulness of the leaderboards. Most people will employ the 2nd solution of leaving the game, but that truly doesn't lead to balancing the match and leads to further team imbalance.

My proposal I think impacts the pvp game as it stands the least from other suggestions I've heard so let me pitch it to you:

Is it possible that you could make it so only 1 person from the opposite team would be able to enter the opposite players spawn zone? In this way while the opposite team member person entering the other teams spawn zone may be stronger, it does discourage them doing so as other players may also be in the spawn zone or will soon be in the spawn zone. People would be able to wait for the teams to be balanced without the irritation of totally unbalanced teams ganging people to death in an unfair manner. I know that if someone is killed in their spawn zone from an opposite team member it appears that the person will spawn at the opposite spawn unless there are also opposite team members in the other spawn as well - but it still doesn't work with people running back and forth. I don't know if this is possible or overly difficult from a coding perspective but it seems like it would be a nice solution that would give an opportunity for the other team to re-group or wait for their group and would encourage team-play without relying on people simply mass overpowering the little guy (which is almost always the case now-a-days).

Please let me know what everyone thinks. Hopefully we can make some progress in further evolving the PVP portion of Arcane Legends in nice simple ways that adds to everyone's enjoyment. More enjoyment in the game leads to more people playing which benefits everyone.

Ciao!
-Jexetta

Theholyangel
04-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Hehe jexxh mewf, nice idea

Chili
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I see no problem with Al's spawning. I think it's controlled very well. If spawn killing turns into a "rushing" whine like in pl I'm gonna go ham.

Energizeric
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Better solution is to just make the spawn room a safe area where you cannot be damaged.

Bebsi
04-03-2013, 11:46 PM
So before I get killed all I have to do is run into one of my spawn rooms? ^_^

Darko
04-04-2013, 04:41 AM
I think you can exit spawn but can't reenter?

Excuses
04-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Hmmm. Sounds not bad.

But what if 2-5 people of one team stay in a spawn and pull one with AT...? The other team can't come in and help...?
People will try to fight in their spawn more I guess.

But not a bad idea I think.

Maybe this is out of point. ..but.
Spawn kill looks bad... but it is kind of basic strategy of battle too.
'Find others weakness and attack there first to break their balance. And keep the situation as it is.'
I have seen some people tell other team to regroup and do 5vs5. It is nice to do that. But kind of odd too. You need to keep other team imbalance to win the battle.

The problem is it lead people to kill farming, not just winning the game.
So I guess AL's leaderboard and reward system is the real problem.

Bless
04-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Better solution is to just make the spawn room a safe area where you cannot be damaged. afk will happen a lot in there

jlinder2003
04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
What if kills did not count in a spawn room? People would have no incentive to kill in there but they could still do it if they wanted too. People would not be able to hide in the spawn rooms.

Energizeric
04-05-2013, 02:41 AM
There's a long hallway between the spawn room and the rest of the maze. So if you are almost dead and got someone chasing you, I doubt you will make it back to the spawn room. But sure, that should be the place where it's safe. Like when you need a 2 minute break to go get a beer, you can go into the spawn room and don't have to worry about dying. I see nothing wrong with this.

Here's an idea.... If you got the flag you can't go into the spawn room. Otherwise you are free to go there whenever you want.

ljirish
04-05-2013, 07:58 PM
That'd make it hard for those wanting to do 1v1, but something should be done. I know I make a list of those who kill me in spawn... I hunt them down in later games, ruthlessly employing those same tactics. Which isn't helping the situation, I suppose.

If not that idea, maybe make it so that the opposing team has 1hp and 1ar if they run into spawn. But again those who like 1v1 or testing suffer. Maybe a 1v1 arena could be made?