PDA

View Full Version : The _____ is better than what you have equip feature!

Arcanee
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Does this really work?

Temarichan
04-04-2013, 01:25 PM
So....what are you trying to do...? What are you asking? Like a weapon, armor, necklace, ring?

FluffNStuff
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe for really new players, but it gets really annoying for me when it keeps telling me every green I get is better then the Pink I am using.

Zuzeq
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Maybe for really new players, but it gets really annoying for me when it keeps telling me every green I get is better then the Pink I am using.

Right?...."Oh snap this brings my crit up +0.6, but lowers your health -220, mana -160 and damage -60"

Genuinous
04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Even for new players this option is a great disadvantage. It'll trick them that whatever item they loot is actually better than the one they have. Eventually I think we all learn that this function does not wprk, even the slightest bit and disable it. It quite awful...

I understand that updating it would require some quite complicated system looking at what each class benefits from, what are the overall changes, maybe even looking at what each player might need. Etc... but yeah, this is too complicated clearly.

I would much rather have this option removed, as literally I don't think anybody is benefiting from it.

Samhayne
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Even for new players this option is a great disadvantage. It'll trick them that whatever item they loot is actually better than the one they have. Eventually I think we all learn that this function does not wprk, even the slightest bit and disable it. It quite awful...

I understand that updating it would require some quite complicated system looking at what each class benefits from, what are the overall changes, maybe even looking at what each player might need. Etc... but yeah, this is too complicated clearly.

I would much rather have this option removed, as literally I don't think anybody is benefiting from it.

Not true, Genu.

I can understand that a seasoned player wouldn't like this feature. The logic behind it doesn't cover all cases and can, at times, recommend items that aren't really better. Go in and turn the notifications off and you won't see them further.

As for new players, it is our understanding that it is having a positive effect. At the lower levels, the upgrade recommendations are usually accurate and helps the newbie better understand the value of itemization in the game.

Mysticaleagle
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I enjoy watching this alert when it says that the looted item is better than the one I have equipped, when it's completely weaker. All minuses.

Samhayne
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
It's easy to turn off :)

Genuinous
04-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes I know it can be annoying and it can be turned off easily. But I still view it with logic, that if it gives you items that are worse mlre often than it givesyou better items, then it is a system that does not work correctly. Even as a newbie most of the drops will not be useful for you. This system will encourage newbies to invest in (warrior as example) dodge/crit instead of dmg/armor if we look at rings, or in items that may not give them a single strength point. Of course I am looking at this with logic only and I know it is useful from time to time. All I'm saying is that the current system does not prioritize items well by saying +0.1 stat increase over -5 in another is a good trade off. So unless it can be improved, I see it being more confusing than useful. (And yes, in cases it can be good for you).

wvhills
04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Does this really work?

No, it doesn't work. If ur a rogue or mage then go by whether or not the item increases ur damage (not ur dps). Most of the time it's best to go with the items that increase ur damage. You have to use common sense tho, if an item increases ur damage by +0.3 but brings ur mana down -14, ur armor down -36 then u have to decide if it's worth it or not. I always go with the higher damage and just spam pots.

Arcanee
04-04-2013, 02:20 PM
It's easy to turn off :)

I know how to turn it off just wondered if it gave a good build or something.
Thanks Samhayne

FluffNStuff
04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
As much as this feature bugs me, I have to agree with Sam that the alternative is a lot worse, as I have seen players leveling up in PL walking around with base gear because they did not understand the concept. It is a fail safe for the most basic players, and anyone smart enough to know what stat they are looking for is smart enough to ignore message.

Rollo
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Sams right, to be fair if you know what you're doing you really don't need the feature in the first place. I ended up turning mine off after I figured out what stats I wanted to aim for.