PDA

View Full Version : Chest Splitter: attack interrupt question

TritonForge
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I've spec'd 2 points into Chest Splitter, into Staggering Blow, with the intention of mapping it before boss fights.

I just tested it out on Bloodhammer, and activated the skill when I saw a red area of effect indictator. But, his attack went through anyway and every attack that gave a red area indicator proceeded regardless of my chest splitter. Even when I winded/charged it up and released before the attack executed the boss' attack was not interrupted.

Can someone explain how I'm doing it wrong? Does the red area indicator mean the attack was already wound up and I have to interrupt an attack before that even shows? Does the interrupt on Chest Splitter not work on bosses?

Thanks

ishyrionek
04-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I dont use this skill from same reason. Cause it dont interrupt kraken bosses windups. Old bosses it does. After patch i guess it will interrupt kraken, but no new ones. I had read that devs thought it would be too easy then :-)
From other hand someone wrote that it does interrupt... But i dont believe him :-D

Excuses
04-07-2013, 08:42 AM
I had read that devs thought it would be too easy then :-)

Ridiculous.
That's why it is a 'skill' and we use it.

Syylent
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Ridiculous.
That's why it is a 'skill' and we use it.

I had it spec'd for a few days. When I realized it wasn't interrupting the bosses (original bosses it did) I thought much less of it. Then I tried it out in PvP and it would not interrupt in there either. I got rid of it and never looked back.

There are always skills that are "useless". Some may like them and others may not. That's why I like the free respec to test their power. I got tired of spending plat testing the skills. It got expensive.

ishyrionek
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Then I tried it out in PvP and it would not interrupt in there either.
Well it reset windup in pvp, but u keep charging from begginning, and it dont let crit for 2 sec.

There are always skills that are "useless". Some may like them and others may not.
Its not so bad for ss+cs build.
But imho ss+wm is better for pve, and ss+at is better for pvp. :-)

Syylent
04-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Well it reset windup in pvp, but u keep charging from begginning, and it dont let crit for 2 sec.

Its not so bad for ss+cs build.
But imho ss+wm is better for pve, and ss+at is better for pvp. :-)

SS CS mana hogs. I would run out of mana spamming them prior to the VB nerf... or well change. Ahh I guess I get it. Not how I read it to work. I figured if it reset the windup they would have to repress the button to start it again. From fighting other tanks I would hit CS and no matter what the green bubble on their toon would show. I guess if the tank tried to use HoR at the very last second then I may have noticed. Yes it does do that. Which I am not sure it is that great or not. Basically the ones that are going to kill me easily are higher level rogues and mages. Even if they didn't crit I don't do enough damage to kill them anyway before their trash packs or shield is up again.

I need more respecs to really see what I like. Yes I did like SS + AT + VB + HoR build. I left my build with WM + AT + VB + HoR. After a ton of respecs that was the best for me at the end of the day.

I really can't comment on the pve. It has been a month or so since I did any of that.

ishyrionek
04-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I left my build with WM + AT + VB + HoR. After a ton of respecs that was the best for me at the end of the day.
The biggest problem in pvp is 1 vs 1 with good rogue using charged Shadow Piercer to keep distance. I find WM very lov effective then, so i replaced it with ss (cause of jump to target + chance to stun + no skill blocked for few sec :-).

Syylent
04-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah that drives me up a wall with SP, although I like it on my rogue. Most of the time it is me v 2 so SS may go either way.