PDA

View Full Version : corner strategy in elite seas

Alhuntrazeck
04-05-2013, 02:48 AM
:confused: i've run Elite Seas a lot but i've never understood why ppl do the corner strategy. what is it for? thanks for answering.

matanofx
04-05-2013, 02:51 AM
its a strategy based using the warrior as a human shield/tank.
i found it to be less useful than the freeze/clock/trap and kill strategy but oh well...

SkyDagger
04-05-2013, 02:52 AM
because its more easy to kill in the corner because of AOE Skills of sorc or Warrior.. and the thing they want to avoid the blast from those cannon its pretty hurt on hp :/ and one more thing so the AOE buff and heal can cast full to the players ^_^

Slashiroth
04-05-2013, 03:15 AM
I like staying to the side better, times seem to be much faster that way.

TheStoic
04-05-2013, 03:16 AM
because its more easy to kill in the corner because of AOE Skills of sorc or Warrior.. and the thing they want to avoid the blast from those cannon its pretty hurt on hp :/ and one more thing so the AOE buff and heal can cast full to the players ^_^

You can easily kill the dagger guys but not the shooter who keeps their distance.

Greencrow
04-05-2013, 03:19 AM
to lure the pirates.. the closer the enemies the faster the kill tho u must ready your auto pots hihi

SkyDagger
04-05-2013, 03:23 AM
You can easily kill the dagger .

Dont kill me o.O LOL just kidding xD

Alhuntrazeck
04-05-2013, 03:23 AM
ok thanks a lot, glad to c so many responses!

Limsi
04-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Yet with mages with frost and time shift, corner spot is not necessary.

Deadroth
04-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Well...

First u go to female pirate to wave...

Secondary... U go to the corner between the "upper" stairs and that wooden wall...

U cast time and killing mobs instantly
That trick is especially useful for us mages

Boya!
Dead :)

Cremated
04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
I used the corner strategy so i dont have to see teamates ugly faces,, Jk i just go with the flow and do it

Rare
04-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Simple. You don't have to worry about cannons in the corner.

In addition, like others alluded, crowd control is easier when there are two walls instead of one.

Alhuntrazeck
04-14-2013, 09:01 AM
So how come in the few mobs just before the boss, everyone runs towards the enemies?

iluvataris
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM
IMO. After defeating those enemies and being cooped up in that corner for 3 minutes. I feel like a beast and wanna get outs there and clobber me some bloodhammer.

Zanpakuto
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Also when players die, it's pretty much instant back in action!

Rare
04-14-2013, 01:41 PM
So how come in the few mobs just before the boss, everyone runs towards the enemies?

Just to kill them faster and not wait. Plus normally they're gunners and they won't follow you to close range

Alhuntrazeck
04-15-2013, 03:29 AM
oh, thanks guys...get it now. a little tired of elite ss, hoping for another farming spot in new expansion :o

drgrimmy
04-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Just don't do it!

I have never found this a good way to farm this map. It keeps all of the gunners out of range of everyone's attacks, sitting from a distance and picking you off. All of a sorcerer's skills are going to hit the melee mob right in front of you and not touch the gunners at a distance. You need to get the gunners in the kill zone of everyone's skill attacks so you can keep them in perma-stun and kill them quick. That is why gathering the mobs at the side of the ship (where the girl is in the cut scene) is the best strategy. The corner strategy is just a good strategy to waste a lot of pots and improve your d/k ratio, lol.

afrobug
04-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I prefer on the sides too where bloodhammer pops in. Of course team needs a mage with time shift and freeze/stun(whatever don't have a mage char :-*) always saves potions unlike in the corner everyone will be spamming pots specially tanks bcoz they're being shot by gunners. But I also go with the flow haha anything goes.

Rare
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Just don't do it!

I have never found this a good way to farm this map. It keeps all of the gunners out of range of everyone's attacks, sitting from a distance and picking you off. All of a sorcerer's skills are going to hit the melee mob right in front of you and not touch the gunners at a distance. You need to get the gunners in the kill zone of everyone's skill attacks so you can keep them in perma-stun and kill them quick. That is why gathering the mobs at the side of the ship (where the girl is in the cut scene) is the best strategy. The corner strategy is just a good strategy to waste a lot of pots and improve your d/k ratio, lol.

The strat work well in two scenarios.

1. You have at least one Rogue with entanglement with the appropriate upgrade.
2. You have at least one sorcerer that understands how to control the crowd. You know, a lot of people dislike gale. That skill is fantastic for crowd control. Especially on a map like Southern Seas where there are walls to keep them pinned against. I love gale, fireball, timeshift. Keeping the mobs in the corner.

drgrimmy
04-15-2013, 12:58 PM
The strat work well in two scenarios.

1. You have at least one Rogue with entanglement with the appropriate upgrade.
2. You have at least one sorcerer that understands how to control the crowd. You know, a lot of people dislike gale. That skill is fantastic for crowd control. Especially on a map like Southern Seas where there are walls to keep them pinned against. I love gale, fireball, timeshift. Keeping the mobs in the corner.

I too love gale and think it's great for this map for the reasons you outlined above. I always hate all the bad press gale gets. It's just like stomp in PL. You have to know how and where to use it or you become a "scatter bear."

Ok, yes the corner would work well with the scenarios you outlined above, but I have never found a group that uses the corner technique to be all that organized or skilled. I also like being closer to where the mobs and boss spawn and have never really found the corner to help with avoiding the cannon blasts. In my oppinion it just makes it harder to see what's going on. I guess the bottom line is just that most PUG runs in SS are painful in comparison to running with a well organized group no matter how you do it :(

Rare
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
I too love gale and think it's great for this map for the reasons you outlined above. I always hate all the bad press gale gets. It's just like stomp in PL. You have to know how and where to use it or you become a "scatter bear."

Ok, yes the corner would work well with the scenarios you outlined above, but I have never found a group that uses the corner technique to be all that organized or skilled. I also like being closer to where the mobs and boss spawn and have never really found the corner to help with avoiding the cannon blasts. In my oppinion it just makes it harder to see what's going on. I guess the bottom line is just that most PUG runs in SS are painful in comparison to running with a well organized group no matter how you do it :(

True, I prefer killing the mobs on the side where they jump out. But only if you can kill them fast. Before the cannons start. At least most of them