PDA

View Full Version : The real reason why the overlord is so hard

Bloonigans
10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
It's because everyone trying to take him on isn't at lvl 50 and they are still using ao2 gear.

Noone can complain about how hard he is until a group of the best 50's using the best of ao3 gear has tried to take him down. This would be a real test of his difficulty, because if the best players in game can't take him down then what chance do average players have.

Mainly this thread is to stop people getting angry at others because they keep wiping on the overlord.

Royce
10-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Eh, it's not really about level. It's more about strategy and debuffing. I don't think 5 levels of attributes and skills would make much difference. Maybe having a whole team in level 50 gear would make a slight difference. The biggest problem with AO3 is AO1 and 2. They we're just sooooo easy. Now people don't know how to play anymore...

CanonicalKoi
10-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm liking the cooperation, not to mention the strategy required. Rather than 5 people wandering around a level in two or more groups doing their own thing, you really have to work together to take some of the bosses down.

KingFu
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm only farming with people that I know can play. I had to solo him for 5 minutes (yes I had pots, no I didn't kill him) because my whole party died and wouldn't respawn since they thought I'd kill him before they got back, I had 4 potions the whole time, had to break open barrels when they spawned so I could get potions, and died after like 7 minutes and left -.-'

Gavry
10-05-2010, 11:37 PM
If nothing else the one thing AO3 has shown is those who know how to play well as a group and those with little idea at all.

I've had very similar experiences as your Mysticaldream. Just have to be very careful who you group with when attempting a boss.

Drewl90
10-05-2010, 11:45 PM
sigh its hard to find good teammates.
after ao2 i think everybody has gotten complacent, and when they're in ao3 they die plenty.
happened to me too. lol

regie831
10-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Nope he's still hard, at lvl50 with lvl50 isis armor...i can barely stand up against his heavy hits even with a tank pot

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
I dont know how, but my team mates and i cleared the whole ao3 in just 1 hour. We killed Gurgrox by Stunning him(i didnt know he could scream that time), i was always the last one to land a hit. LOL. We tried and tried to kill The Galactic Overlord and finally did! We just potted up on tankers ale and went in for the kill! It was so amazing! We killed overlord in 3.05minutes with just 4 tankers and 1 bird :D

Edit: 3 Level 45s and 2 Level 46s

Thus we come to a conclusion, Ao3 isnt hard, we just lack that certain TEAMWORK! So next time when u face overlord, get ready to fight and preservere! xD

Riccits
10-06-2010, 02:05 AM
yes in a good team (all had pots and 2 was 50) this boss was no problem, all knowed what to do and so it was like to kill a ao2 boss...

Necrobane
10-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Maby guilds would help this problem ;)

Crazeya
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Another reason is that he can everybody in less than 3 shots

Snakespeare
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I got the level 50 of my favorite level 45 bow. It does 7 more damage. 7 damage is not going to make one bit of difference.

Saucee
10-06-2010, 05:12 PM
As a pure dex bird with 45 isis and thoth gears, his aoe kills me in 1-2 hits. So, I'm totally useless in this fight. Maybe if they changed it so that his AoE is only active while the shield is up... Then the squishies could wait until the tank(s) pop his shield off to rush in, mass dps, and duck back out before the 'ol zap-zap-dead.

Vyvin
10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Actually thr reason he so hard is cause he's my son!
Useless post +1
/Vyvin

Bloonigans
10-07-2010, 12:51 AM
It is true that these bosses is the first group of bosses that require a strategy, before all the other bosses were tank and spank (tank gets aggro and others attack).

Maybe the two months of ao2 bosses has given PL players a sense that they are invincible.

But these are just my thoughts.