PDA

View Full Version : Mages arcane

Erdnase
04-06-2013, 01:50 AM
So I've been wanting to bring this up for a while now but when I come to make the thread I see someone kind of bought it up just before me. But I'm still going to make my own thread because I love taking up unnecessary space on the forums :p. No its just because its going to be long and wordy and will probably go off topic from what the other thread was more about.

At this time, mages r the only class that needs 2 weapons to be the most successful at both pvp and pve. Very few wars use shield, except occasionally there might be one using to flag in pvp, but its not needed. Some rogues do switch from pvp to pve but with a specific build towards one weapon in particular they don't have to. But a mage staff is practically worthless in pvp, and while a top rifle can manage both pvp and pve, its highly underpowered compared to the top staff in pve.

Moving on to my real point, this worries me for when the arcane mage weapon comes soon. While a rogue might change from knives to bow, with the arcane weapon they only need one.... the arcane weapon. With it they will be top killer in both pvp and pve. For warriors there is really no thought needed at all. One arcane weapon. The top legendary sword and shield of same lvl would be insignificant in caparison. But for mage.. If we were to get a staff we would be awesome in pve, but the crap in pvp. Even tho it would probably even have more dmg and alot more dps, it would be worse due to the same reason all staffs r horrible in pvp. U have to aim them directly at the target and the range is terrible at that. And because ur target is always moving u don't get the chance to aim, and when u do its just for one shot. Making the high dps mean nothing. In some 1v1s it might work out but would still be harder. If we were to get a rifle on the other hand, we would be killer in pvp. But with only a little more dmg than what a staff would have but way less dps would be a great disadvantage in pve.

From what it seems to me tho, it appears sts is going to be releasing the staff. It appears to me it will go arcane knives for rogue, arcane sword for war, arcane staff for mage, then back to arcane bow for rogue, arcane sword and shield for war, and then finally an arcane rifle for mage. Seems logical. But mages will have to wait 3 more expansions (6 months) till they get an arcane weapon to own pvp? This seems not right to me. If I'm going to spend 30 million and above on a weapon, I want that to be the only weapon I have to use. So my idea bellow or at least something like it would be something I would want to see.

An arcane shotgun. A gun that gave the stats as if a staff. It would give the spread out aoe of a staff as well, but wouldn't need to be aimed. And would have more of the range of a rifle too. For appearance it would be held in one hand but shot like a rifle. And would overall look like a rifle.

So yes I know I just told what would be practically the perfect weapon for mage, and many (in particular rogues and warriors) would find it unfair. But this directly does not need to be done, but something does....

Cero
04-06-2013, 02:43 AM
staff isnt bad. its just that the best one is so hard to drop/expensive.
if i have
firesquid of assault i would switch and use it than the oracle or other guns.

check out the overall stats from the current staff.

Was going to sell the squid, but decided to keep it....

No buffs:

Caiahar
04-06-2013, 07:00 AM
I agree. The only elite staffs worth using in elites might be skewer and firesquid.
Rogues there are bow and dagger. Rogues use dagger in pvp.

Warriors there are sword and sword'n'shield.
Many warriors use sword tho in pvp.

So for pvp these two classes use the normal weapon for pvp, warriors were supposed to use sword, and rogues daggers.

However, sorcerers were released with staff, but later brought up rifles. No good endgame sorcerer I know uses a staff in pvp. Impossible to kite. It has dps, which ROGUES are supposed to have.

On the other hand, rifles can shoot behind you and you can kite. It offers dps, but also dmg, which is basically the sorcerers main thing. So if sts DOES release a staff, I hope it will be like the rifle, where it offers good dmg, and u are able to blast any where, not by aiming it.

Erdnase
04-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes I know the staff and I have a friend that uses it in pvp, but he has such high dmg either way he can't tell a difference. I think its 245 with rifle and 240 with staff. I haven't bothered to buy the top dps staff this time (mostly because its overpriced) but it was the same way with lvl 21. I had both the top rifle and staff and did most of my experimenting then. The way stats were compared was relativity the same as now. And there was a very clear difference in which was better. But the people that r using the staff in pvp usually have the mythic helm and like I said before can't tell a difference because of the high dmg either way.

Energizeric
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Maybe they can make a staff that does not need to be aimed, so it functions a bit like the rifles. That would be the perfect mage weapon.

riot
04-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Sorry kinda taking topic of track

Lol i just said the exact thing in another thread but.....
Mages are worst class. Its unfair. Almost certain nothings gonna change. And my question is ive read many people complain about how good other classes are in comparison to mages but my question is why has nothing changed?
I appreciate your work sts and everything but if nothings gonna change XD next to character description pls say: mages suck only use if u want to be smashed in pvp and die alot in pve :) so other characters dont have to thank this post and agree with me :) lol thanks
Ps. Pls dont take this as an insult im just stating wat i believe.

Haligali
04-26-2013, 06:45 AM
We definitely need an arcane gun.

chitgoks
04-26-2013, 07:09 AM
does an all mage party stand against elite grimmr? ;) probably if gears are at least mythic?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Deadroth
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Elite grimr will put them all to sleep with vili in his grave :D He haven't to take them for a walk :D

leonardtbbt
04-27-2013, 01:56 PM
look your idea is very good but there is a small problem regarding mages in pvp right now in the last update .... with respect to new items that just made both rogue warrior wizard to increase their level of awful stink if it pvp ... because since they only put attention to the warrior and rogues to people who magicians like .... are fully convinced that apart from mages needs new weapons and armor etc .... also needs to rmk with his powers .... do not ask you to do a big change but if I ask them to just give more chance a magician so that we can earn a rogue or warrior .... at this point the only way to I can think of would be apart from their skill range ... a little more damage would make us no harm .... or maybe even as several people have told me that you increase the fireball stun one more sec ..... That will help a lot to a wizard with respect to the PVPS against rogues and warriors that's my point of view you are saying is not ..... to by the way my nick in arcane legends is "" leonardtbbt "my mage is lvl 13 for those who want to send me friend request see my stats and you will see that I am a fan of mages =)