PDA

View Full Version : Skill point allocation question - PvE Elite

Pyromagnium
04-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Slight dilemma.

So I recently hit lvl 25 and respecced to make my build more PvE elite friendly. But I have one more skill point in which I not know where to allocate.

My current build:
Fire (4/5) - no range increase, causes unwanted/unneccesary aggro
Ice (3/5) - no %20's, too situational/inconvenient
Time (5/5)
Life (2/5) - no HoTs or range increase, marginal difference at high levels, causes unwanted/unneccesary aggro
pINT (5/5)
pDMG (5/5)

I really don't think the clock explosion for time is practical. I noticed it doesn't make much of a difference or really finish off enemies that are snared, the range is lacking as well. Is the damage from the explosion viable or should I replace it with one of the %20 options from Ice? I've seen them increasing in popularity. Ultimately my goal is to deal as much damage as possible while providing team support.

Deadroth
04-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Hello :)

I think Ur build is... AMAZING.:fox:

I think u should have exactly the same skills upgades as u shown... but i think u should go for 4/5 fire, 4/5 ice, 5/5 clock, 2/5 life...

And passives 5/5 INT, DMG and with next cap DEX

Um... Could i have the same build ? :D

ishyrionek
04-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I got similar.
5dex, 5 int, 4 fire ( no misses), 4 ice ( no chance after die), 4 time ( no root), 2 heal.
after up i will add 5 in str.
Also i'm thinking about changing time-> shield 4 (no push back)

Pyromagnium
04-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Hello :)

I think Ur build is... AMAZING.:fox:

I think u should have exactly the same skills upgades as u shown... but i think u should go for 4/5 fire, 4/5 ice, 5/5 clock, 2/5 life...

And passives 5/5 INT, DMG and with next cap DEX

Um... Could i have the same build ? :D

Thanks, and of course. In fact I'd encourage using this build for PvE :)

Pyromagnium
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
I got similar.
5dex, 5 int, 4 fire ( no misses), 4 ice ( no chance after die), 4 time ( no root), 2 heal.
after up i will add 5 in str.
Also i'm thinking about changing time-> shield 4 (no push back)

Very interesting. How has the Ice Wielder upgrade been working out for you on Frost Bolt? That's the skill I was thinking about switching too although the description is exactly what my Frost Bolt already does when I charge it without the upgrade. Not sure if it's a bug or what.

ishyrionek
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Well, i dont have any idea. Didnt tested without it. Maybe make topic in bug are after weekend?
20% to additional dmg is always somethink, so i took it :-)

Bootydots
04-06-2013, 05:09 PM
3 fire No engulf or scorch. 3 frost no shiver or arctic shatter. 4 on time without time bomb. 4th skill is optional i use shield tho because it has saved me from many 1 shots and run backs on bosses. 5 on int, 5 on dex and the remainder should go to dmg%

Pyromagnium
04-06-2013, 08:49 PM
3 fire No engulf or scorch. 3 frost no shiver or arctic shatter. 4 on time without time bomb. 4th skill is optional i use shield tho because it has saved me from many 1 shots and run backs on bosses. 5 on int, 5 on dex and the remainder should go to dmg%

Would you still recommend that build even without DEX armor? I use Sealord (security) and Brutality jewelry for +STR since I'm a pure INT mage.

drgrimmy
04-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Your gonna get lots of different opinions on this but I think your build is good. Here is my
favorite, keeping in mind its for a lvl26:

Fire 4/5, frost 3/5 and time 5/5 as you described. I prefer not to have lifegiver as I feel as though
it is just a pot saving skill, and does a marginal job of that in elite maps. Furthermore it is never
ready when you need it, and I feel like the response is much slower than a health pot. I prefer a
fourth offensive skill. I know most people don't like it but I like gale 4/5 without the aoe upgrade.
Takes time to learn it well and to avoid scattering mobs. If used properly can actually be used
to blow mobs together and also has crowd control properties (knockdown). If you don't like it
light is also excellent, especially for boss killing.

For passives I get 5/5 int and 4/5 str. As booty mentioned you need something a bit extra to
avoid being one shotted by some of the elite bosses (eg especially bluecrab). Booty uses shield
for this, but I feel like the extra 200 health also prevents you from being one shotted, especially
if used in conjunction with a pet with str (Clyde or slag).

Have fun, experiment, and use what works for you.

Bootydots
04-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Would you still recommend that build even without DEX armor? I use Sealord (security) and Brutality jewelry for +STR since I'm a pure INT mage.

yea the extra damage boost and HP is mainly what you get the DEX passive for, not somethin a sorc should be tryin to stack high tho.