PDA

View Full Version : If you think about it...

Bless
04-06-2013, 11:42 AM
The rogue gets the arcane weapon first, the warrior next and the mage last. This means at l36 cap the hooks are useless vs mage and warrior arcane weapon.

Cremated
04-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Because mages were useless against rogues at the start Hmm?

Greencrow
04-06-2013, 12:11 PM
lvl 36- new arc weap for sorcs... op :(

DocDoBig
04-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Dont worry , at 41 Cap (in 3-4 Months) you get new ones ;)

jtst
04-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Why don't devs not from the very start not introduce us arcane weapons for all class and mythic helms, then they could offer us mythic armors and arcane jewelry, later some more. Now it's boring and no point of getting mythics or arcane weapons

eugene9707
04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I knew this would happen :P

Yep , rogue get lv 26 Arcane weapon, warrior get lv 31 Arcane weapon, and Sorcerers get lv 36 arcane weapon :) (just an example)

I think it might be better if STS release the arcane weapon later, and do it for all 3 class at once instead of just one at the time. Because right now, people complaint that Rogues get the new Arcane weapon, but in the future, people will then be complaining that rogue's arcane weapon is lower level than the other classes, so why not release all 3 at once , and if they need ideas, they can make another weapon design contest :)

Mysticaleagle
04-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree with the OP. If developers really want to introduce that new arcane rarity, they should make it at the same time, one for each class, same level for all, and balanced. Because it looks like it's going to be well unbalanced at the end, and more and more complaining threads will come then they'll be like ''why are you complaining?''.

bluotaku
04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
It should have been released together, but it will still even out in the grand scheme of things assuming the time between releases are consistent.

Rogues are at the top for 2 months, then warriors will be at the top for 2 months, then sorcs will be at the top for 2 months, then it'll all start again.

Bless
04-06-2013, 03:35 PM
It should have been released together, but it will still even out in the grand scheme of things assuming the time between releases are consistent.

Rogues are at the top for 2 months, then warriors will be at the top for 2 months, then sorcs will be at the top for 2 months, then it'll all start again. Not all players have arcane, its only 4-5 so ya cant really say "rogues will be top, wars will be top"

Darko
04-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Its not like we will only have one arcane weapin ever... these are one for each land and story

Erdnase
04-06-2013, 04:24 PM
If they r making it to where an arcane weapon is suppose to be top for 3 expansions, I wonder why they couldn't just have them able to lvl up at each expansion. Then bring out the new arcane weapon for that class after the 3.

xcainnblecterx
04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Heres something no one has mentioned in the thread. Just make the arcane hooks farmable even at higher levels and drop at cap lvls tell next arcane weps for rouge comes(example 31 hooks, 36 hooks 41 hooks etc. That way the devs can release one at a time and players will not have worry bout unfair advantage

Carapace
04-06-2013, 08:13 PM
don't quote me on this, but after we do all 3 classes the cycle could potentially continue and could roll into rogue again after sorcerer. I wouldn't fret too much about it for the moment.

Lalarie
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
don't quote me on this, but after we do all 3 classes the cycle could potentially continue and could roll into rogue again after sorcerer. I wouldn't fret too much about it for the moment.

*Quotes* Lol

Greencrow
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
hmmm cycle starts again with rogues .. but then ends up with sorcs, so OP again haha

Janini
04-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Just go with the flow guys:cheerful:

bluotaku
04-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Not all players have arcane, its only 4-5 so ya cant really say "rogues will be top, wars will be top"

I kind of assumed you guys would be able to infer that I didn't mean ALL rogues or warriors or sorcs...

Anyway, my point is that although the rogue's hooks won't be on par with a warrior's arcane weapon at level 31, there was no warrior weapon that was on par with hooks at 26. Hooks had their time as the best weapon; soon some warrior weapon will have its time at the top. Then, some sorc weapon will hold the public perception of the "best" weapon. You understand what I'm saying?

DocDoBig
04-07-2013, 03:02 AM

Now I post this on every "Arcane-Weapon" Thread ;)

Rollo
04-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Dunno why you would hang onto gear for 10 levels though. Gear is meant to be replaced as you level. I'm willing to bet lvl 36 daggers out dps lvl 26 hooks. In which case rogues will be in the same boat as warriors and sorcerers are currently in (not having an arcane wep). One thing I did notice is that warriors and sorcerers aren't complaining (much) about rogues arcane weapon, so it seems like the devs did a good job giving rogues a strong weapon but not one that's overpowered. Anyway, who knows what'll happen really, were talking about gear that's 2 expansions away.

Haowesie
04-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Dunno why you would hang onto gear for 10 levels though. Gear is meant to be replaced as you level. I'm willing to bet lvl 36 daggers out dps lvl 26 hooks. In which case rogues will be in the same boat as warriors and sorcerers are currently in (not having an arcane wep). One thing I did notice is that warriors and sorcerers aren't complaining (much) about rogues arcane weapon, so it seems like the devs did a good job giving rogues a strong weapon but not one that's overpowered. Anyway, who knows what'll happen really, were talking about gear that's 2 expansions away.

I'm not sure whether the DEVS did a good job. In all honesty, I'm sure they have a good logic for it, but it still baffles me why they couldn't release for all three classes. My take is no one is complaining because there are not a lot of them around (due to it's rarity). I did bump into one in PVP, and this rogue owned everyone in my team at the time. I'm also thinking that people are used to seeing rogues own in PVP that it's now the norm. I wish I remember to write the name down, so at least I know to leave the game lol.

Mysticaleagle
04-08-2013, 03:24 AM

Simple and better: Once all 3 arcane are released, simply change them all to the same level which will be 36. Sounds good to me.

ishyrionek
04-08-2013, 03:47 AM
Are u serious? Really?
Rogues are so much OP... They can 1 shot kill...
And u crying that wizzards, wich now sux so much in pvp, will own?
Man.... be realistic... If they wont change wizzards skills, u always will pwn them easilly....so plz stop crying about somethink that may, or may not happen...

Mysticaleagle
04-08-2013, 03:48 AM
Are u serious? Really?
Rogues are so much OP... They can 1 shot kill...
And u crying that wizzards, wich now sux so much in pvp, will own?
Man.... be realistic... If they wont change wizzards skills, u always will pwn them easilly....so plz stop crying about somethink that may, or may not happen...

Genuinous
04-08-2013, 06:52 AM
I really don't understand why can't you release arcane weapons for all 3 classes at once... I mean you work really hard trying to balance pvp between classes, but you always give a super strong weapon to one class only? I mean... Does that even make sense? :)

Mysticaleagle
04-08-2013, 07:02 AM
I really don't understand why can't you release arcane weapons for all 3 classes at once... I mean you work really hard trying to balance pvp between classes, but you always give a super strong weapon to one class only? I mean... Does that even make sense? :)

Teehee agreed.

wvhills
04-08-2013, 07:29 AM
i don't think it's a big deal.

Rare
04-08-2013, 07:50 AM

Its really simple when you think about it.

Competition. 3 arcane items in one season? Who can afford that? So instead, spread them out over 3 seasons. It lessens the financial blow to those that would spend absurd amounts of money on them.

Rollo
04-08-2013, 01:02 PM
My take is no one is complaining because there are not a lot of them around (due to it's rarity). I did bump into one in PVP, and this rogue owned everyone in my team at the time. I'm also thinking that people are used to seeing rogues own in PVP that it's now the norm.

That's true, I didn't consider that.

Teoijio
04-09-2013, 10:20 AM
If you had a rogue, warrior, and sorc, it shouldn't be an issue at all. All the arcane weapons will do is dictate which toon will be your primary focus for that season. That is, if acquiring these arcane items is your primary and only focus, you have a lot of time, luck, and plat, and you are not attached to just one of your toons.

So, if you always want to be OP, and you can be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you will acquire these weapons, then follow the arcane weapon class changes.

So don't be so attached to one class. Maybe to be an "Arcane Legend" is to be master of all three classes. And maybe there should be an achievement banner and title for having all three arcane weapons. Good luck!