PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me some reasons to play AL over PL?

XaKillerPepsi
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
The only things I don't like about AL is that you cant adjust the camera and you can lock onto your enemy. I need some persuasion.

Limsi
04-06-2013, 09:02 PM
It's the hottest title today, plus the combined concepts and functionalities of the 3 titles jammed pack into one - it sure is good! Another thing are the awards the game recieved despite of still being young, sure something to keep you playing!

Greencrow
04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
No reasons ... just try it for a couple of minutes.. You'll get hooked ^_^

XaKillerPepsi
04-06-2013, 09:10 PM
im level 12 and i dont know where the best place to level is

Lalarie
04-06-2013, 09:14 PM
im level 12 and i dont know where the best place to level is

Watcher Tombs 3 and 4, Hauntlet too

vholt
04-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Hack 'n Slash. O_O

Darko
04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
The screen rotation gets on my nerves though, also wish I had an auto attack

Jcyee
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
If you like to gamble, I would suggest that you step away from the game right now... Other than that, it's a great game for all the reasons limsyoker mentioned

Limsi
04-06-2013, 11:56 PM
If you like to gamble, I would suggest that you step away from the game right now... Other than that, it's a great game for all the reasons limsyoker mentioned

at the gamble part, fair warning! :)

Randomguy
04-06-2013, 11:57 PM
stay pl that's all you need

darthdlo
04-07-2013, 07:20 AM
the camera rotation issue is obsolite now i played pl twice since october and forget to use the camera when i play now lol the camera issue is big for new players but the issue quickly goes away.

Cremated
04-07-2013, 07:25 AM
AL is just plain right awesomendo My word of the day.

Bbnc
04-07-2013, 09:23 AM
i have to do my school works and draw illustrations, that's why i play AL.

Mysticaleagle
04-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Because AL looks cute and sexy and hot.

<3

Energizeric
04-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Both of the items you mention bothered me intensely since I too was a longtime PL player. However, both of them stopped bothering me in about a week or two of playing AL. And just about everything else in AL is better than in PL. It's just a better game. They did however make a lot of changes in the way gear scales and stuff like that, so you basically have to learn a whole new system. But it's an awesome game.

psychoscream
04-08-2013, 05:37 AM
will ...
1-the direct combat in pl sucks while in al rocks

2-al maps are better than pl

3-the social system is more active , its like real life

4- pl is old now and only got few prizes , al is new and got e3 award

Mysticaleagle
04-08-2013, 07:03 AM
will ...
1-the direct combat in pl sucks while in al rocks

2-al maps are better than pl

3-the social system is more active , its like real life

4- pl is old now and only got few prizes , al is new and got e3 award

Pocket Legends will still be the real one. PL started it all. :)

Rare
04-08-2013, 12:21 PM
The only things I don't like about AL is that you cant adjust the camera and you can lock onto your enemy. I need some persuasion.

All the cool kids are doing it.

In all honesty, there are aspects of PL that I much prefer over AL (join game lobby, booting, pw protecting games, etc). In general though, I think AL is a much better game. Even with its shortcomings.

Pandamoni
04-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I agree with the others that you get used to playing without being able to move the camera. I still get bothered by it with bosses sometimes, or when I'm in a map with trees, but I just deal with it. I have found that when I use blades it's easier to deal with not being able to target the baddie you're trying to kill but it still bugs me a bit, too. At first it was bothersome enough that I almost quit playing but not it's just a slight annoyance.

I prefer the game play in PL when you're actually able to play. I love knowing how to play my class and playing it well--comboing with other classes, being in the right place at the right time, timing my skills for when I know they'll be the most necessary. But, unfortunately, most of that left PL a long time ago--when people got juiced up on 'roids and no longer needed to learn their toon in order to advance in the game. So, for me, I didn't need much convincing to make the switch because PL is no longer the extremely enjoyable game it was when I first started playing it.

AL has a new feel, it's got interesting maps, it's fun to play with and experiment with builds, it's where all of my good friends from PL have migrated to, so the social aspect is very rich, and it's fun to do elite runs.

I logged on to PL last night and it just felt clunky. I think you should give it another shot. It took me about 2 weeks to really feel that it was a good game but now I'm hooked and I'm on it WAY too much.

wvhills
04-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Biggest reason to play AL instead of PL is there's no thrashers in AL. If they would reduce elixirs in PL from 3x to 30% then I would go back to PL. As it is PL is unplayable without thrashers. If u don't mind spending plat for elixirs then go with PL.

inkredible
04-08-2013, 02:03 PM
JOIN THE GUILD

DEVIANT MISFIT.
ENOUGH SAID.

IF YOU DO. you'll get your answer.

anywyas i dont play PL. but when i played it... idk it seems.. weird to me

Temarichan
04-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Graphics is a good issue with PL. AL has spotless 3D rendering <3
The pet system is amazing.
There are some amazing people out there trying to help others.
Camera is agreeably awkward sometimes, but you'll get used to it.
Expansions are available rather than buying a location.
Constant updates.
Level Cap is actually a good system.
Easy to play!

LwMark
04-09-2013, 12:35 AM
If it aint A L then its FA IL

Raxin
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
AL is just plain right awesomendo My word of the day.
:-) dont forget fantastalicious

Subscriber
04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
This game actually 'aint too bad since I came from PL, just takes a few days to adjust.

McBain
04-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Expansions are available rather than buying a location.

Huh?